IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI
Could have yes, but you don't have to go thru any door to get to the garage. The garage is open and accessible from the alley she was last seen on video at. No gate, door, etc.

Reference:
View attachment 97321

Reference:
Google Map Link

The reason for using the door is so you would not have to go down the ally into the garage and risk being seen on camera or by anyone else.

Which were the two white buildings the PI was pointing to at the end of the 20/20 episode? Does anyone know what the address is?
these are the infamous 10th and College apts and 10th and College Villages Townhomes, or whatnot, referred to as 10th and V.

all owned by the same company, and run parallel in the alley Lauren was last seen emerging from . So as they made their way up the alley, 10th and V would be to her left; 10th and College apts to her right.

Anyone interested can check out past threads dealing with the layout and possibilities as such to the case.

Because the PIs say CR and LS "ducked" into an alley, IMO it's one of the side courtyards off the main alley into 10th and V; so that must be the building she lived in, IMO. ZO lived at 10th and College apts across the alley.

I still wonder why the white truck was the only vehicle with that time stamp discrepancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, maybe it isn't the only one. When the bar witness was first in MSM she supposedly said she circled the block to see if Lauren was OK. IMO, this is how LE found her.

IMO, they have this person on tape doing this. And who really knows why she was circling. Perhaps for the expressed reason of getting up there NW of Morton away from cameras. just sayin, speculation.

I was surprised to see LS parents on 20 20 say they were not allowed by LE to see alley video. B Dietl that they hired saw it. I guess I do not understand how a private investigator can view but not his clients. So, do we know who else has seen it? Have anyof the POIs attys seen it? Just curious. Owner of building must have seen it..right? Are they instructed not to talk?

I was surprised to see LS parents on 20 20 say they were not allowed by LE to see alley video. B Dietl that they hired saw it. I guess I do not understand how a private investigator can view but not his clients. So, do we know who else has seen it? Have anyof the POIs attys seen it? Just curious. Owner of building must have seen it..right? Are they instructed not to talk?

I've questioned just who has and has not seen the videos. I don't think LE would share them with the PI's. Plus, if they haven't shown the parents then I doubt they've shown the PI's. IF LE was being more open with the public and sharing info then I'd think that would indicate they'd welcome the PI's help. But they are not. So I think they probably don't have much use for the PI's for whatever reasons. And we've heard reports that LE isn't cooperating with the PI's so I don't know why they'd be tight lipped overall but then go ahead and show them (or anyone else) videos they won't even show the parents.

So that leaves open some other possibilities. One is simply a PD leak or a cursory summary of what is on the video getting to the PI's thru the backdoor or official channels. Another is that LE made copies of the originals leaving the cameras' owners with the original footage in cases where they found immediate cooperation and no need to get a warrant for the materials. Another possibility is the case blew up before the police even attempted to get the videos and so the owners made copies to have for whatever purposes. It could be they saw the potential of $$$ (think tabloids) or it could be they didn't want to lose their security video for the time period should there be another, unrelated, reason to need it. Now, if money was a motivation obviously someone shut that down though.

But, if the PI's have seen the videos at all, which they act like they have but I've never heard them directly say they've watched the videos, then they probably had to come across them via their own investigation. Or else they are simply basing their comments on what the camera owners relayed to them who watched them with or before LE took them, or PD leaks (and that is a large assumption to assume they could get a PD leak).

My guess is the PI's have probably not seen all the video, and it's pretty likely they might've not seen ANY of the videos and are simply basing their statements on what they've been told by people who have.

Browning Bridge collapsed under the weight of a school bus full of children 60 years ago. It's deep in the Hoosier National Forest between Bloomington, Columbus, and Seymour. Salt Creek is off Lake Monroe.

Can you get there by car or boat?

http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/article/the-roads-less-traveled/
The road now dead ends at the old bridge location but it would take at minimum a lifted 4x4 to go all the way back. The area I feel strongly about is where the gravels stops and it turns to mud meaning this location is as far as a "normal" vehicle can go. I actually went to the location today and followed my Google maps pindrop to see what, if anything, was there. Below is what I found:

c8b139a732ed4fca433b615e26814e25.jpg

Crazy coincidence here....appears to be an animal burial with the pink leash. I can't believe I actually found something! I can't express enough how remote this area is. To find this, all the way out here, is astonishing. So what does it mean? Do I go back and start digging??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The road now dead ends at the old bridge location but it would take at minimum a lifted 4x4 to go all the way back. The area I feel strongly about is where the gravels stops and it turns to mud meaning this location is as far as a "normal" vehicle can go. I actually went to the location today and followed my Google maps pindrop to see what, if anything, was there. Below is what I found:

Crazy coincidence here....appears to be an animal burial with the pink leash. I can't believe I actually found something! I can't express enough how remote this area is. To find this, all the way out here, is astonishing. So what does it mean? Do I go back and start digging??

Im glad you said it was a leash because I thought that was a girls belt and it freaked me out! lol

As a teenager, my dad took me hunting in the Tower Ridge Rd area between Hwy 446 and Maumee. A few years later, as a census taker in 1980, I volunteered to work that part of the County south and east of Lake Monroe. That's a big chunk of rugged and remote country. I spent a week or two driving every road and passable trail looking for houses and knocking on their doors. I didn't remember finding very many in the National Forest, but I did find a few, and those tended to be 1 or 2 room cabins/shacks with no electricity or running water. Most of those are probably gone by now. I doubt there are too many other places in the state that are quite so wild and remote.

I don't think it would be very likely for out-of-state college students to be familiar with that area. They might be generally aware that much of the area south of the lake is National Forest, and they might have gone swimming down at the Cutright area off 446. It's also possible one or more might have had a course with a field trip in that area. I remember reading somewhere that their frat would haze new recruits by dumping them in the woods and letting them find their way home - so maybe some of her 'friends' were familiar with that area after all. Or, someone looking to dump a body might do as I sometimes do when looking for a remote camping site on public land out west - head off in a promising direction, take a side road and then another and another until a likely spot appears. That approach could easily lead one to the pink leash grave site (Hello Kitty?) - cross the lake and take the first 3 left turns until the road ends in the middle of nowhere - roughly 1 hour from Smallwood.

Of course, a random local would be more likely to be familiar with that area...

Five years is way too long. Let's hope this tragic case is resolved soon.

- John

P.S. I still think the boyfriend is the most likely suspect. Statistically probable, strong motive, weak alibi.

As a teenager, my dad took me hunting in the Tower Ridge Rd area between Hwy 446 and Maumee. A few years later, as a census taker in 1980, I volunteered to work that part of the County south and east of Lake Monroe. That's a big chunk of rugged and remote country. I spent a week or two driving every road and passable trail looking for houses and knocking on their doors. I didn't remember finding very many in the National Forest, but I did find a few, and those tended to be 1 or 2 room cabins/shacks with no electricity or running water. Most of those are probably gone by now. I doubt there are too many other places in the state that are quite so wild and remote.

I don't think it would be very likely for out-of-state college students to be familiar with that area. They might be generally aware that much of the area south of the lake is National Forest, and they might have gone swimming down at the Cutright area off 446. It's also possible one or more might have had a course with a field trip in that area. I remember reading somewhere that their frat would haze new recruits by dumping them in the woods and letting them find their way home - so maybe some of her 'friends' were familiar with that area after all. Or, someone looking to dump a body might do as I sometimes do when looking for a remote camping site on public land out west - head off in a promising direction, take a side road and then another and another until a likely spot appears. That approach could easily lead one to the pink leash grave site (Hello Kitty?) - cross the lake and take the first 3 left turns until the road ends in the middle of nowhere - roughly 1 hour from Smallwood.

- John

P.S. I still think the boyfriend is the most likely suspect. Statistically probable, strong motive, weak alibi.
You're absolutely right. Someone heading south from Bloomington looking for a dump site could easily end up on Browning Bridge rd just by trying to get "lost" so to speak. As for the grave I found, would it make sense to "disguise" a dump site to look like a pet burial? Why would someone go all the way out there to bury their pet and on the side of a pretty steep hill at that? It just seems out of place.

OK Ryan that's strange. You need a cadaver dog to determine if there are human remains. Do that before you dig.

Check out the three links below.

http://www.niagarasheriff.com/mem_tolhurst.aspx

http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/bigT/Dowsing.html

[video=youtube;awFIGKFWfVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awFIGKFWfVM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awFIGKFWfVM[/video]
Those are my buddies! If you go to 2:51 in the video over to the right is the area I found the grave. There's a pull off area right before that small bridge. Thanks for the links, will check them out

http://westchester.news12.com/news/...se-to-cracking-lauren-spierer-case-1.11968099

"Sources: Investigator close to cracking Lauren Spierer case"
EDGEMONT - Multiple news agencies say that a private detective who is working on the case of missing Edgemont student Lauren Spierer is very close to solving it.

Former FBI cold case investigator Brad Garrett and a team of private consultants have been working with Spierer's familiy to figure out what happened to the 20-year-old."

Lot of new info on this thread and I wasn't sure if this had been posted or not.

You're absolutely right. Someone heading south from Bloomington looking for a dump site could easily end up on Browning Bridge rd just by trying to get "lost" so to speak. As for the grave I found, would it make sense to "disguise" a dump site to look like a pet burial? Why would someone go all the way out there to bury their pet and on the side of a pretty steep hill at that? It just seems out of place.

And disguise the burial of a Jewish girl with a cross?!?

Watching the 20/20 episode now, finally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And disguise the burial of a Jewish girl with a cross?!?

Somehow I doubt her killer cared what religion she was:thinking:, and the police should follow up on a report of a grave- cross or not.

- John

Not trying to be flippant here, but LS apparently loved Hello Kitty. There were even photos of her posted with Hello Kitty things. I remember this because what first drew me to this case was that she reminded me of my daughter, who's petite like LS and also loves Hello Kitty. IMO, the leash looks really new, not faded from the elements and such. But that doesn't mean anything, really, as someone could have been drawn back to the spot for whatever reason.

That said, thanks to all of you who are working from gut instincts and on the sidelines on this case. :)

It just seems weird to me that someone hiding a dead body would want to bring attention to it with a cross and a Hello Kitty leash. I have read about dozens and dozens of remains that have been found. I have not seen any disguised in that way. [ Doesn't mean it's never happened of course.] I do remember a couple of times where someone was buried in a cemetery though. So that is a similar idea.

It just seems like someone's first instinct would be to HIDE the body, conceal all evidence, and not call attention with a cross etc.

It just seems weird to me that someone hiding a dead body would want to bring attention to it with a cross and a Hello Kitty leash. I have read about dozens and dozens of remains that have been found. I have not seen any disguised in that way. [ Doesn't mean it's never happened of course.] I do remember a couple of times where someone was buried in a cemetery though. So that is a similar idea.

It just seems like someone's first instinct would be to HIDE the body, conceal all evidence, and not call attention with a cross etc.
It's not actually a Hello Kitty leash. Just pink with a fake diamond crown on it. I dont really believe her remains to be here, but maybe it's a clue. It tells me that someone likes to come here and bury things. Could this someone be connected to LS? What/who else have they buried here? I think it provides more questions than answers

It is weird but I am inclined to think it may not be completely off the wall if the cross and leash were put there by someone who actually cared about the deceased. Perhaps a boyfriend, who was high/drunk/angry and lost control or failed to seek proper medical attention, accidentally..on purpose.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member