IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are your thoughts about JW? Many were suspicious of him in the beginning. Has that changed at all? I don't see him as a suspect, myself. So far, I don't know of anything he's done that I would consider out of the ordinary under the circumstances.

At first, I really suspected that JW was involved just because he was Lauren's boyfriend and it seemed jealousy would be the most logical motive. I don't think that any of his actions have been overly suspicious, and confronting CR a couple of days later lends credibility to him imo. But still, it's hard not to wonder about the boyfriend in any case like this. Obviously, I have mixed feelings about it!

True, but he hadn't been able to reach her, which apparently was unusual. His friends had likely alerted him to the incidents of the previous night and her state of mind. And the roommate told him she had not come home. If this was uncommon behavior for Lauren, then naturally he'd be alarmed. The problem is, he doesn't seem to have a rock solid alibi, so LE hasn't completely ruled him out. If he did, we'd probably all be cheering his valiant actions.
I wonder when he really did find out about what had happened the previous night.Ht said he called to get her key a 2 pm.I would have been calling her a lot earlier than that if I had heard what happened the night before and my gf was not answering her phone.

I would like to discuss LS's unnamed "activity" in the alley. If police refuse to give details, I theorize they are protecting her reputation and avoiding unnecessarily embarrassing her family. That could mean she was buying drugs or, more likely, having sex with someone. Any other ideas on an unnamed "activity"?

True, but he hadn't been able to reach her, which apparently was unusual. His friends had likely alerted him to the incidents of the previous night and her state of mind. And the roommate told him she had not come home. If this was uncommon behavior for Lauren, then naturally he'd be alarmed. The problem is, he doesn't seem to have a rock solid alibi, so LE hasn't completely ruled him out. If he did, we'd probably all be cheering his valiant actions.

In all of the reports I have seen no indication or any mention of evidence that JW's "friends" or frat bros contacted him in any way about the CR incident. that was immediate speculation that would fuel "crime of passion" motives, but seemed unsubstantiated and explains why LE let him leave town. If they had a shred of evidence that the friends and he were communicating that would be cause to arrest him wouldn't it? Also the reason for the attack on CR STILL has not be disclosed. It again is widely assumed that it involved LS, but LE says it did not. I have been very curious what it did involve.

Is this actually a fact? I'm just wondering because HT said JW contacted her for the key when he found out that her friends/roommates (can't remember which) hadn't heard from LS. But did HT say he hadn't gone by their place before he asked her about LS?

HT's statements have seemed... well "air headed" to me.
Even so, If JW told her that he had been there and there was no answer, why would she not include that in her statement? I think it's important to know if he tried first without the key and then called HT. If he didn't, it' gives credence to the possibility that he knew she wasn't there and was going there for some other reason (even if was to find clues to look for her, or something more sinister).

In all of the reports I have seen no indication or any mention of evidence that JW's "friends" or frat bros contacted him in any way about the CR incident. that was immediate speculation that would fuel "crime of passion" motives, but seemed unsubstantiated and explains why LE let him leave town. If they had a shred of evidence that the friends and he were communicating that would be cause to arrest him wouldn't it? Also the reason for the attack on CR STILL has not be disclosed. It again is widely assumed that it involved LS, but LE says it did not. I have been very curious what it did involve.
Oh, there's certainly some speculation on my part, but I've never accepted the theory that JW was incited to violence by his friends' reports. The younger people in my life text back and forth constantly. No event is too small or incidental to share with friends. So I do believe that IF JW's friends saw Lauren that night, and IF she was intoxicated, barefoot, and hanging out with a known "bad guy", JW would've been made aware, if not the same night, at least by early the following day. I don't think that alone would be grounds to arrest him, though at some point it might be used to show motive to charge him if evidence eventually points toward him. I don't see that as being the case at the moment, however.

Thanks coltsgal!

WOW! So JW friends were WAITING for them! This makes me think that somehow they knew they were together and were expecting them to come back to Lauren's apt!

Could HT the roomate have contacted someone? Even JW himself? She would have known Lauren was going out to meet CR.
JW was expecting to go to the apartment that night. Did he call or stop by and see HT after he was unable to reach Lauren?

Some posters have questioned HT's statements and actions.

Does HT have a motive or involvement somehow maybe we aren't aware of yet? Laurens mother is speaking to the friends and those who know Lauren best.

JMO

I would like to discuss LS's unnamed "activity" in the alley. If police refuse to give details, I theorize they are protecting her reputation and avoiding unnecessarily embarrassing her family. That could mean she was buying drugs or, more likely, having sex with someone. Any other ideas on an unnamed "activity"?
I haven't given that much thought, really. It's difficult to imagine any "respectable" activity taking place in a dark alley at that time of morning. Perhaps she or the man got sick or paused to relieve him/herself.

I was thinking somewhat along those lines.Now that they say it only took them 3 min to get thru the alley I do not think it can be something so time consuming.It could be something as simple as them holding hands,kissing or stumbling and falling.The police have made an effort not to discuss anything negative about her.I think that is why the altercation at smallwood is somewhat confusing.The police do not want to acknowledge the fight was about her being with another guy and their statement she was not involved just means she was not throwing any punches.

I wonder when he really did find out about what had happened the previous night.Ht said he called to get her key a 2 pm.I would have been calling her a lot earlier than that if I had heard what happened the night before and my gf was not answering her phone.
Co you mean you would have called to get her key? If so, what would have been your motive for going to the apartment? And what would you have done if you found it empty?

It could have been he became more alarmed when Kilroy's called him about her phone. I have also wondered why it took him so long to go over there, especially if they had plans. Maybe they had a fight. I just can't get decide one way or the other with JW.

So happy to see so many are following Lauren's story it has hit B-town pretty hard:(

The activity has bothered me since the very beginning. It does seem like they are specifically keeping quiet about what it was. That either means it will somehow be evidence or it would embarrass the family or her. Someone said maybe she was making out with someone, but that would take more than 3 minutes.

The activity has bothered me since the very beginning. It does seem like they are specifically keeping quiet about what it was. That either means it will somehow be evidence or it would embarrass the family or her. Someone said maybe she was making out with someone, but that would take more than 3 minutes.

She might have been going to the bathroom. How many of us, as drunk college kids, didn't have to go to the bathroom when walking back home after drinking beer all night? Or was it just me....

eta: or maybe she was throwing up.

Co you mean you would have called to get her key? If so, what would have been your motive for going to the apartment? And what would you have done if you found it empty?
I think I would have called her to try to get info of what happened the night before.Most importantly if she came back home after she left with CR.Motives for going to the apartment.To confront her about why she was with CR.Trying to figure out for myself if she came home that night and probable wondering if I would find CR there with her.What would I do when I found it empty either wait or go looking for CR.Just to add I remember an interview with a friend of CR who said he saw him and his roommate at CVS pharmacy the next afternoon and they already knew she was missing so someone got in touch with him pretty quick.

She might have been going to the bathroom. How many of us, as drunk college kids, didn't have to go to the bathroom when walking back home after drinking beer all night? Or was it just me....

eta: or maybe she was throwing up.
That would be a good explanation why she went back to her apt with CR.To go to the bathroom before walking all the way back to his apt.Something she could not do when the fight broke out.

She also supposedly remembers the exact time to the minute. Which would suggest to me she believed something strange was going on.

If we are to believe this woman then there is absolutely no validity to JR's story, the phone call, seeing her turn the corner, etc, etc. I'm not buying it. I've always felt that the roomie was mysteriously backing JR's story. Could it be another JR fan throwing a red herring into the investigation so eyes are off of JR? He was the last one that reportedly saw her alive, by his own admission. I am thinking JR has a few supporters out there and I'd like to know if she has any connection to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke