IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was in college, (in the 80s), a guy that I was dating, invited me to a party. We all played a drinking game, and I got drunker than I had ever been in my life. After coming out of the bathroom, I noticed everybody was gone and I asked the party thrower where my friend was. He said that he had gone 'out for burritos' and would be right back. (my 'friend' later told me that this guy had told him that we wanted to be alone). Well, things got bad real quick, and I spent the next 7 hours or so, wondering if I was going to make it out alive. but here's the weird thing...I knew if I came up 'missing, my friend wouldn't say a thing. I was on my own. This guy was a star baseball player from the town's college and I was just a local girl from the wrong side of the tracks. I was in deep trouble and knew it. This guy was a psycho. In LS's case, I think there might be something like this going on. I have hardly any doubt that at least one of her friends knows something...either who she left with or maybe where they ditched her. There was just too much interaction, too much fighting, too many hard feeings, too much lost memory. This girl didn't just vanish. I'm wondering what kind of domino effect the fight caused. It could go one of several ways...but I think that fight is the most important clue...because it shows a group mentality and frame of mind. IDK, but even for a hard partying crowd, this night seems extreme. This is just my opinion, but I know from my daughter, (who's college age), how drunk girls are still treated. They are blamed for creating drama and just about anything goes...kind of a 'you brought this on yourself' mentality. Anyway, I think LS's mother is right to be suspicious of the friends. MOO.

Early on we hear from a friend that MB told him this:

MB told the friend that he put CR to bed and that Spierer wanted to leave. MB told the friend he watched her walk out the door and down the street on her way home, the friend said. Police have described a “witness” who saw Spierer rounding the corner near their building but have not identified him publicly.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...-few-hours-later-friend-says?odyssey=nav|head

Later, CR's attorney, Salzmann, says this concerning MB:

Rossman's attorney, Carl Salzmann, told Fox59 News his client has no memory of the fight but was told that Spierer walked him home and turned him over to his roommate Mike Beth. Salzmann said MB claims he put CR to bed while Spierer asked him if he wanted to party. Salzmann said when MB demured, Spierer left CR's apartment to visit JR, a mutual friend, two doors down.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

The Keys bother me too...why would she forget her cellphone, but remember her keys.

Why would she go to her apartment, but not go in?

Why would she take the chance of walking CR down the alley to his apartment, after being struck in the face? I would be afraid they would follow and do much worse second time around.

Why not go into her apartment at that time? Fear of her boyfriend finding out? Doubt it...it didn't seem to bother her earlier or later in the evening that she was being seen in public with him.

If I forgot my keys too, I wouldn't enter my apartment. Another person up at 3:00 in the morning trying to remember it what time it was that he saw the keys and another trying to remember that he moved the keys. Was he sober? or was he guessing on the time he found the keys. Estimating even an half hour during this could be a big deal.

Something is just not right about this...where was the roommate again?

Just what was that group of boys doing on the fifth floor anyways?

She must not have been afraid those boys would hurt her. But she whisked CR out trying to get him home to safety. If guys were fighting over her so to say I can see her saying something in their defense like, "stop it, we arent doing anything, chill out-we're leaving"

another thought
Maybe her cell phone was in her jacket pocket or sitting at a booth under her jacket. Out of site out of mind.
When drinking it only takes a brief minute to set something down and your attention is quickly shifted elsewhere and its forgotten or left behind.
I think the wallet and key combo was a wristlet or something she was able to connect to herself. Many times the end of the evening is a blurr and patrons are quickly whisked out the door and it's closing time.

There are a lot of unanswered questions.

Bring Lauren home! her poor parents

THe part you've bolded is the only way I've ever heard the story, epiphany. i've never heard the part where Mike Beth didn't want her to leave - I did hear that Jay didn't want her to leave, for her safety sake but she insisted and so he watched her round the corner saying if she stumbled along the way he'd make her stay. (I frankly have a hard time believing that last part).

Early on we hear from a friend that MB told him this:

MB told the friend that he put CR to bed and that Spierer wanted to leave. MB told the friend he watched her walk out the door and down the street on her way home, the friend said. Police have described a “witness” who saw Spierer rounding the corner near their building but have not identified him publicly.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...-few-hours-later-friend-says?odyssey=nav|head

Later, CR's attorney, Salzmann, says this concerning MB:

Rossman's attorney, Carl Salzmann, told Fox59 News his client has no memory of the fight but was told that Spierer walked him home and turned him over to his roommate Mike Beth. Salzmann said MB claims he put CR to bed while Spierer asked him if he wanted to party. Salzmann said when MB demured, Spierer left CR's apartment to visit JR, a mutual friend, two doors down.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

A hearsay coming from an anonymous friend is not that credible.

The keys are still bothering me.
Respectfully snipped for space. And I'm not really asking you these questions, just jumping off your post.

Did Amin call the paper? did he see the news crews outside and volunteer this info? Why would he speak to the news before LE? How did he ultimately find out these were Lauren's? Did he end up talking to LE? It was dark, how did he and another person see them so well? With the timeline tight right at that time, it's a wonder that Amin or his friend did'nt see Lauren. not to many stumbling petite females walking alone in the middle of the night. But he sees keys. IDK it's a strange coincidence.

I really want a clear picture of that truck. I've never had a reaction to seeing something that really scared me like that. And now I've looked at it so many times that I would even question myself that it's white. if that makes sense.

THe part you've bolded is the only way I've ever heard the story, epiphany. i've never heard the part where Mike Beth didn't want her to leave - I did hear that Jay didn't want her to leave, for her safety sake but she insisted and so he watched her round the corner saying if she stumbled along the way he'd make her stay. (I frankly have a hard time believing that last part).

There are different variations of MB's story, but all of it is coming as hearsay from various friends, so not credible. JR's supposed story is coming from a roommate of LS, so hearsay also.

Would a truck be picking up newspapers to deliver to various stores and machines? They would be out at that hour...

As far as the guy who found her keys, I am sure he has been interviewed by now and may even be on the list of 10 or so POI's, if that is still the count. It does seem odd that he apparently found them almost right after she dropped them, although if that alley is used often, maybe not. But weird that his friend also found them...

Today one of the articles started off with "little progress has been made"...and all I could think is I do not know of ANY progress that has been made since she vanished. What has LE accomplished, besides obtaining videos that may or may not be of use? It does not appear that they have been able to rule anyone out, as far as we know, or point to a motive.

If these students are lying to cover up illegal drug use, give me a break...someone is most likely dead. What would they be charged with after the fact if they admitted that drugs were around that night? Isn't that kind of like saying I drove drunk two weeks ago? Yes, it is against the law, but they could not charge you after the fact. These are not kids we are talking about, they are men, old enough to serve in the military. If they know anything more, they need to own up and speak up.

It irks me to no end that none of these males saw to it that she made it home safe.

Respectfully snipped for clarity.

I also saw them. It is not unusual to see them there. They roost nearby at a department of transportation facility between hwy 37 and BHSN, and "hang out" at that quarry.

I see them almost every day. It was unusual to see so many in the air at once though.

And did anyone that saw it call it in? I certainly hope so.

Ok, let me think out loud. If I was driving that truck what would I be thinking? Obviously I'm making assumptions, but I'm either trying to dispose of a body (either from an accident or a murder) or I've just kidnapped a girl. I may or may not have her (and/or an accomplice of mine) in the bed of the truck. I may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. No matter what, I'm nervous and, obviously, don't want to be pulled over by police or seen by very many people. I have at least a decent knowledge of Bloomington geography and habits. I want to get LS out of my truck as quickly as possible.

Where would I go?

We know from LE that this truck turned north on Morton on its last go-round, correct?

I would not want to go back around the block and head down Walnut. It's a main road and even though there's not a ton of traffic out I know that if I encounter a cop he may follow me simply because of the hour/boredom. Further, I wouldn't want to go towards campus. Too many people, plus IUPD as well as BPD.

I would know that by 4:30 am the west side of Bloomington would be starting to wake up as people head to work at Cook/Baxter/etc.

I wouldn't take her out to the bypass because of the ridiculous mess they've made of it.

So where would *I* take her? I'd head south on Rogers. Even if I don't get onto 37 south towards Bedford (I really don't want to drive 60 down the highway with my buddy holding a girl down in the back, if that's what was happening) there are plenty of wooded areas south of Bloomington where I could do what I wanted and then get rid of her.

After all, there was that girl who was raped on Rails to Trails there by Rogers/Country Club in the middle of the afternoon a few years ago.

I live on the south side of Bloomington and since Legends/Roosters/whatever its name was closed there is not a lot of traffic late at night. During the school year my husband goes to work at that time and he often doesn't see a passing car until he hits campus (and then it's an IUPD patrol).

I thought the police said it ran the stop sign and turned north on morton on the first past.Then went thru the intersection on the second?Something I am less sure of is the police saying they never got a clear picture because the truck never came to a stop at the intersection.Does that mean it ran the stop sign twice?

A hearsay coming from an anonymous friend is not that credible.

Yes, truth in that, but I want Chapman to tell me MB passed his polygraph. I want to know for a fact that LE believes that LS entered CR/MB/JR's building after she emerged from that alley, but before she went missing. I just don't see that at the moment.

There's no official LE timeline prior to LS's arrival at Kilroy's (on video), nor after she emerges from the alley. Why not take the peers' word she brought CR back home? I believe there's a reason for that.

The "official timeline" says she was last seen at approximately 4:30 am on the street (at 11th and College Ave).
So I presume police do believe she was at CR's apartment and then in JR's apartment.

It irks me to no end that none of these males saw to it that she made it home safe.

Me, too! In fact, it irks me to the point that I am HIGHLY suspicious of JR. I think something happened before she supposedly 'left' his apartment. MOO

Yes, truth in that, but I want Chapman to tell me MB passed his polygraph. I want to know for a fact that LE believes that LS entered CR/MB/JR's building after she emerged from that alley, but before she went missing. I just don't see that at the moment.

He is a link to the video of press conference where LE says she was last seen at approximately 4:30 am. So officially LE seems to believe that timeline.
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/16/news.241958.sto

So if they believe this, does this mean JR is off the hook? Or just that someone other than this group saw her at this time and they may have seen her again afterward?

I don't know if they actually believe it, but at least officially they seem to believe it at this moment.

I don't think these clothes are related to the case. Police are dismissing its significance.
""If you look closely at any student-oriented housing, I'm guessing you might find clothing among the many other things that have been discarded as they leave town," Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters told the paper."
http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...s-what-you-know?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|News

I'm not comfortable dismissing those clothes yet.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28273283/detail.html

Investigators were looking at surveillance video Friday afternoon to determine who left the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag