IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to push back against the theory that it's Lauren sitting in the back of the truck :)

Part of what I do is 3D Modeling so I'm used to looking at how scales are relative to one another. The information I've been able to find say the back tires are likely on 22" rims (That was on TonyGatto's site) and the Chevy 1500 Short Bed is 69" long. If anyone can correct these numbers I'd be up for hearing it but based on the 30 min of research I have done, those are the numbers I can find. So - based on that ...

1902021.jpg

It looks like that comes out about right if those are the correct numbers.

Now if we project those measurements on the object in the back of the truck and lets assume for a moment that it is a person ... with its legs bent up. Ill be conservative and assume that based on the image that 'person' is taking up half of the bed or 34.5"

That would make their lower half 2.75 feet long, and that's before you extend the legs (as they are presumably bent up). This would be a 7 foot tall person.

Please check my numbers ... but in all my estimations I went with the more conservative possibility and still end up with someone 2 feet taller than Lauren.

Just for reference the short bed truck is about a foot longer than Lauren is tall. That 58" line would be Lauren's height relative to the truck depth. Just eyeball it and see if that's possible given the proportions of the object.

I'm certain that is not Lauren in the back of the truck.

I don't think it's a person either, but did you consider that a person could be sitting on top of something in the back of the truck?

According to the LoHud article, LS is Jewish, and therefore she could count as a member of a minority group.

Let me be clearer: no Latino, Asian, or black person's case has ever received this much attention. Not that this case doesn't deserve attention, but the Tamekas and Priyas of this world deserve just as many people on the lookout for them.

I'm not looking to start a fight here, so I'll try to hold my tongue from here onward.

I wonder if her and CR were maybe slipped something or were they that intoxicated from the beginning? Why was the friends sighting of her at 11th and College walking home discounted so quickly? I wonder if his phone was looked at?

IF LE didn't look at CR/MB/JR/JW/DR/HT/LS's phone records (and check for multiple phones) then there would be no hope of solving this case... that's basic stuff.

No one is saying she can't still be alive; but she would have to have a great deal of hatred/dislike for her parents, friends, college, town, etc. if she did it on purpose and in this manner and there is nothing to suggest that. Her being missing has caused a great deal of pain, frustration, problems for her friends, not to mention money...

The best-case scenario is that she just got angry or upset, and decided to take off on her own; but unfortunately considering this possibility could be taken as a slur against the victim. In other words, people might think less of her if she deliberately caused so much pain to her parents by voluntarily disappearing.

Therefore, we need to put the incident in context. We cannot assume that only a person who hated their parents would run away. At only 20, she could have been very upset by something, so upset that disappearing for a little while might seem the sensible thing to do.

If she hated her "friends" or college, she may have had good reason.

(The town seems to be less important in this case).

What about the money?

Maybe she joined some group, not necessarily a religious cult, but maybe some group that might encourage her to leave her college and join their community instead? Again, we are considering the case of a very young person, who may be idealistic.

I don't think it's a person either, but did you consider that a person could be sitting on top of something in the back of the truck?

It's more the length of the object rather than the height. The length of the lower body would be 3.5 to 4 feet long based on its length relative to the truck bed - and the pelvis is the mid section height-wise so the top would also be 3.5 long.

I mean it could be a person in stilts sitting on a box with a tall hat on - but outside of that it's equipment as LE says.

Questions about the white truck being located..

This is what is concerning to me about the white truck.. When we first had this info and photos introduced to us at the presser.. I must admit I was a bit confused with LE seeming to have zero to go On with this white truck(especially given that they had FBI assistance at their disposal)..what I mean by this is thanks to btown who has given us these wonderfully, loaded with detail photos of this area and I do mean in detail.. One such detail that he also has marked for those of us who are not in or from this area is the tremendous amount of surveillance cams that are located nearly everywhere is this particular area of Bloomington. That said when this truck twice came into view of this particular surveillance cam that is located on an apt complex.. Well this truck didn't magically drop down out of the sky onto this block in Bloomington.. Meaning it traveled from a direction to get to where it was seen on this video.. There are only a limited amount of directions from which this truck could have traveled to this particular intersection.. I find it impossible that in it's traveling both before, in getting to this intersection that at no other intersection or area that had surveillance did it come upon, nor after, in it's departing from this intersection never did it come upon or across any other surveillance cam.. This IMO is impossible given the amount of cameras that are within this area..that is my first question pertaining to the truck in question.. That I find it impossible that the truck would not be seen on any other surveillance cam EXCEPT for the one we have photos of..

Another issue I have with the truck is that back when it was first introduced I did not even give it much thought of being involved.. I thought that literally within hours of thise photos along with the intricate details(esp.noting that it had run thru the stop sign) and of exactly where and the times that were given.. With those very many details as well as photos that it would quickly be id'ed and the persons in the vehicle easily prove they were in no way involved with Lauren Spierer.. This has not happened which naturally leads one to give the possibity of it being involved atleast more thought.. I have read the several different theories of examples on why one may not come forward and say hey it's me!! And I find none of it to be likely. Jmo. Even the language barrier IMO is no excuse. Because illegal workers tho may at times act as if they speak no English but by far they most understand and can even speak plenty enough to get by on. And if this case is receiving the amt of media attn as I perceive it to be(with daily pc for updates and parents openly speaking) I believe those that may have some sort of language barrier.. Even those are aware of this disappearance and now the mystery of the truck..I guess the only excuse I can actually see for someone who truly is uninvolved to have not come forward about owning the truck would be someone in fear of deportation.. Even then that example still doesn't hold water for me.. Not when we are talking the loss of life.. Who knows tho?

It does definitely make me think more of the truck since noone has come forward as I thought would so very quickly happen and then quickly rule out that the truck had any involvement.. With that not having happened it makes just one more added difficulty or obstacle in this case that is keeping Lauren from being found.. I can only imagine her parents frustration in an obstacle such as this.. Knowing that this could likely have zero to do with their daughter but yet all of this wasted time, energy, and manpower on the mysterious truck all because of an individuals selfish self serving motives of keeping their tails out of trouble(speaking if infact it were an illegal who was not coming forward because heknew he was illegal and his name coming up on LE radar likely would mean his being deported).. It just makes the frustration that much more.. And all for what?? Nothing compared to a life.. Lauren's life and her precious parents that are so desperately seeking and working to find her..

This white truck needs to be resolved IMMEDIATELY!!! either its involved or it's out and wasted time is being spent on it..

Last question.. Do u think that if someone had come forward a d told they were the owner and driver of the truck in question and LE could indeed rule them out as being involved would we as the public be privy to that info? Would that info be reported to us? Because part of me feels that no LE would likely keep that info under wraps.. So would we infact know if this truck issue was already solved and resolved?

Would we?

I think LE would want to put an end to tips about white trucks if they had found the one they are looking for.

The police searching out on 37 south of Martinsville are following a 'lead'. Is there a difference between a tip and a lead?

It's more the length of the object rather than the height. The length of the lower body would be 3.5 to 4 feet long based on its length relative to the truck bed - and the pelvis is the mid section height-wise so the top would also be 3.5 long.

I mean it could be a person in stilts sitting on a box with a tall hat on - but outside of that it's equipment as LE says.

Hitting the "thanks" button doesn't do it for me on this one. You did a great job with the truck pics. From the beginning I had the nagging sense that the proportions of objects would be out of whack (if it were a person I mean) but I didn't know how to express it or even if I should push the thought aside. Your pictures were worth a thousand words, as they say. Wow.

WTHR Indianapolis says police haven't found anything yet.

I don't know if that means they don't know what's out there or if they just aren't confirming anything to the media yet?

Regardless, anyone care to speculate what led them there? Seems pretty specific and yet hard to think of a reason why they went there.

WTHR Indianapolis says police haven't found anything yet.

I don't know if that means they don't know what's out there or if they just aren't confirming anything to the media yet?

Regardless, anyone care to speculate what led them there? Seems pretty specific and yet hard to think of a reason why they went there.

Police came to the area acting on a tip from someone who had been in the area.

http://www.wthr.com/story/14936067/state-police-ert-aid-in-spierer-search

@2kidsx22 on twitter shows a pic of police very close to IN-37.
Seems like this is being treated as a big deal, though who knows if anything will come out of it.

Seems hard to believe a body would be just off the highway (and not found yet)

Interesting comments on the Tony Gatto article stating that she was kicked out of the bar.

http://www.tonygatto.com/

look for:
FlowerZombie, on June 19th, 2011 00:45 at 12:45 am said:
td, on June 19th, 2011 01:42 at 1:42 am said:
td, on June 19th, 2011 01:47 at 1:47 am said:

Oh, just recalled--was it here or elsewhere that mentioned scanner activity being the source of the tip?

There's at least some chance this is someone jerking with the cops. Really hope not.

When we looked at the picture, my daughter saw the same relaxed female you just described, but wearing a hoodie. What I saw was a little different...a female who looked like she was propped up and pulling herself up. I saw something that looked like a tarp or blanket, so I thought maybe it was used as a cover for a passed out or knocked out female....and then her coming to and looking around. That is a wild interpretation, I know, and that's why I didn't post it earlier. Actually, I think I was taking what others saw, adding it to this case, and then seeing something sinister in every shape. I'm back to wondering if the shape is even a female, because it looks so large, compared to the size of the truck. MOO.
You always have such good insight, Dodie. BTW, the figure looked large to me, as well. The scale was way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya