IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much disagree. He said there was no video supporting the 3:38 sighting, which is not in any way saying it didn't occur. They simply can't corroborate the sighting.

I'll also say, he was extremely confusing, referencing the previous video and timeline known to them. I'll check around if anyone can provide a transcript or at least an archived video of this PC.

That is definitely not what I took from that press-conference. He said nothing to suggest that sighting at 3:38 am could have actually taken place, but not on video.

I believe he said she was never on video at the time the witness mentioned and that they looked "extensively" at video...

Very much disagree. He said there was no video supporting the 3:38 sighting, which is not in any way saying it didn't occur. They simply can't corroborate the sighting.

I'll also say, he was extremely confusing, referencing the previous video and timeline known to them. I'll check around if anyone can provide a transcript or at least an archived video of this PC.

He did not say that there was no video supporting the 3:38 sighting. In fact, he said that she WAS on that corner, with people already known to them. He just said that it didn't happen at 3:38. If the witness saw what she says she did, at an hour earlier (and he alluded to this as being an hour earlier), it is proof of how drunk Lauren was during that time. If it was around 2:30, 10th and College doesn't appear to be a direct route from the bar to Smallwood though. Does this mean they were on their way back to CR's but then turned around to head to Smallwood?

What I took from it was that they are not changing their stance that 2:51 is the last time they KNOW where Lauren was and who she was with...nothing else has been verified with video, of which he said they have a great deal...

Back to square 1 on the 3:38. If he wanted to be clearer, he would have been. This is some sort of tactical maneuvering, and I am not going to speculate what is or is not true, and what is or is not the motive behind floating this out there and leaving it, in my mind, intentionally murky.

What I took from it was that they are not changing their stance that 2:51 is the last time they KNOW where Lauren was and who she was with...nothing else has been verified with video, of which he said they have a great deal...

Completely agree. Any 3:38 sighting-related speculation or mystery man-related speculation should be dead.

I give up.
:banghead:

He was super confusing, but what I took from that is LS is NOT on the video at 3:38. BUT:

Someone already known to them is on the video, never clear about what time this person is on the video, or if LS is on the video with this person.

He also said that it doesn't necessarily mean that witness didn't see LS/mystery guy or someone else/mystery guy (though I should say "known guy") just that it's not on the video at the time she says.

It is becoming very clear to me that they are really leaning hard on the known POIs. If this was a close circle of friends, they are now protecting each other, because I believe LS is unfortunately not alive to be protected by that circle. The raw emotion that is so evident in Charlene's demeanor really is pointed at POIs......

Regarding the calls to police by friends.....It's possible that most of the good friends have nothing to report. They know nothing. We've heard that JW called to make the report and didn't two girls go with him? The ones who have things that maybe could be shared seem to all have lawyers. I can almost guarantee that they have been told to NOT call.

One friend has contacted police? That breaks my heart and explains why the parents might seem so leery of her friends.

You would think that even if her friends had NOTHING to do with the disappearance, they would be contacting LE to see if they could be of help. Her friends know LS's behaviors, tendencies, habits. They may be able to answer questions about LS that no one else can - even LS's parents. I'm sure LS's behavior in school is different from home.

For a girl who seems to have so many friends, this is so sad. :(

Completely agree. Any 3:38 sighting-related speculation or mystery man-related speculation should be dead.

I think it is a mistake to believe this to be dead. It is clear that they do not have video of a 3:38 encounter described by the witness, and this is why they cannot put it in to the last sighting.

I attempted watching this presser live but was unfortunately left without sound. It was still heartbreaking to watch Charlene's plee this way.

Question for those that heard: I see a lot of talk of the "murkiness" and vagueness portrayed by CQ. Well, didn't the press attempt to ask questions to clear up the 3:38 witness? If so, did CQ continue to dodge this?

Thanks

I attempted watching this presser live but was unfortunately left without sound. It was still heartbreaking to watch Charlene's plee this way.

Question for those that heard: I see a lot of talk of the "murkiness" and vagueness portrayed by CQ. Well, didn't the press attempt to ask questions to clear up the 3:38 witness? If so, did CQ continue to dodge this?

Thanks

No, he was clear they don't have any video to support the 3:38 supposed sighting.

I think it is a mistake to believe this to be dead. It is clear that they do not have video of a 3:38 encounter described by the witness, and this is why they cannot put it in to the last sighting.

If there is a video camera there, and they could observe LS there an approximately hour earlier, then why wouldn't they be able to observe her at 3:38 am if any of this was correct? <modsnip>.

Also, people get scared. I'm not saying that is OK, but it's real. We don't know what happened. We've speculated that she ODd and the boys became scared, but what if it were more violent than that? What if there is a serious drug ring involved? Kids get scared over small things - what if it's something larger? It is sad and not OK that her "friends" aren't sharing things with the police, but there may be a reason aside from assuming that they're guilty of something.

You would think they would get a call or two from persons motivated by grudges against one or more of the POIs. There are a lot of little rivalries in large circles of friends.

Umm... I think he said a lot more than "it's not visible on video, so we can't confirm". I think it's clear that whatever supposedly happened at 3:38 *should* have been on video, but was not (or at least, LS was not part of whatever was on video). He did not just say the 3:38 sighting was unconfirmed, he more or less said it was false/irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay