GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that he was separated, but she may have been holding on. It's been said that she was the type of person who didn't want to admit failure. Some people can keep a secret very well so she may not have mentioned the marital problems and his periodic absences to her family and friends while she tried to mend the relationship.

I don't pretend to know where her mind was. I did see her FB posts before they were taken down. It was obvious that she loved him, much more than he deserved apparently. It is possible she was told by SL not to post anything online about their separation. It may be that he was concerned about his first wife finding out (I dont know, simply speculating) or he may have merely wanted to control her.

On the blog that was deleted it was mentioned that SL had taken her or a cruise and those photos never made it on FB. It was hypothesized that since SL was behind in child support to his first wife that the first wife may have (rightfully in my opinion if this is true) used those photos against SL in court. So if he kept Melinda from posting her vacation pics he may well have kept her from posting about separating.

I am curious if her family managed to get her cell phone. Since her photos on FB were deleted, they may be on her phone. Just a thought.

I personally don't think he bothered to even look at Melinda's facebook page. If he had, he would have noticed what she posted on New Years Eve and he would have realized how bad it made him look, particularly after her murder. Melinda's facebook page was deleted as soon as things she posted on New Years Eve were being discussed on a different forum (that has also been deleted). Strange coincidence.

Strange is an understatement. I hope they nail him.

All the evidence points to SL, I`m sure the investigators knew right away. What was reported in the paper, basically no public concern for safety, I took that to mean that the killer was someone that was very close to Melinda.

I have to wonder if he was plotting to murder Melinda, was just waiting for the right time but something happened that night he snapped and moved his murder plan ahead, but didn't have the cover up figured out.

Why is it not a death penalty case? Maybe not enough evidence to take it that far but are confident that they can get life sentence. It sure looks like it was a premeditated murder, with the stalker story, life insurance.

The fact that he murdered his beautiful young wife while their little girl was in the next room makes it all the more sickening. I hope for swift justice.

[/QUOTE]

I have to wonder if he was plotting to murder Melinda, was just waiting for the right time but something happened that night he snapped and moved his murder plan ahead, but didn't have the cover up figured out.

[/QUOTE] This is how it looks to me. He bought the policy, planted the stalker story, and then something pushed him over the edge that night and he acted out on impulse.

It's possible he snapped and didn't have his cover-up quite figured out. But, I can't help but wonder if it is also possible if everything he did made perfect sense to "him"?

I have recently been going over the Scott Peterson case again. Peterson appeared to be an intelligent man. He had a college degree, so he had to be of at least average intelligence. Initially, there was very little evidence that a murder had even occurred, but his behavior was so "off" that police suspected they were dealing with a first degree murder case and that he was responsible. Even though it was clear the murder had been planned, Peterson still made mistakes. But ultimately, I think it was his extreme arrogance that was his undoing. He even continued to call his girlfriend after his wife disappeared to try to continue that relationship!

It just boggles the mind, but apparently to him, it all made perfect sense.

I just want to confirm that there was indeed a large policy taken out on the daughter, it was confirmed yesterday.

#JusticeForMelinda

I just want to confirm that there was indeed a large policy taken out on the daughter, it was confirmed yesterday.

#JusticeForMelinda

OMG!! It just makes me sick to think what else he might have had planned that night. This guy is one sick . :mad:

It is very frightening to think of what else may have been planned. OMG.

It's possible he snapped and didn't have his cover-up quite figured out. But, I can't help but wonder if it is also possible if everything he did made perfect sense to "him"?

I have recently been going over the Scott Peterson case again. Peterson appeared to be an intelligent man. He had a college degree, so he had to be of at least average intelligence. Initially, there was very little evidence that a murder had even occurred, but his behavior was so "off" that police suspected they were dealing with a first degree murder case and that he was responsible. Even though it was clear the murder had been planned, Peterson still made mistakes. But ultimately, I think it was his extreme arrogance that was his undoing. He even continued to call his girlfriend after his wife disappeared to try to continue that relationship!

It just boggles the mind, but apparently to him, it all made perfect sense.
Scott Peterson very nearly got away with murder. If Lacy's body hadn't surfaced near where he claimed to have gone fishing, she would still be listed as a missing person. This guy - Steven - effed up from the word go. It was almost as if he wanted to get caught. He shot her with own gun - and left the weapon in plain sight. He knew there would be no fingerprints on the gun but his, but he claimed an intruder did it. He said he was attacked - but he didn't have a mark on him. He didn't even bother to ask about his wife. And on and on.

Scott Peterson gave himself away by his attitude = but Steven gave himself away by his attitude, his actions, and his totally ridiculous lies. Everything he did and said was just plain stupid.

The sad thing is Melinda was in danger and didn't even know it. So glad the baby is ok. I shudder to think what could have happened. The insurance policy on Melinda and baby is mind boggling. SL can't hold a job, but secures additional expense of insurance. Not the brightest.

The sad thing is Melinda was in danger and didn't even know it. So glad the baby is ok. I shudder to think what could have happened. The insurance policy on Melinda and baby is mind boggling. SL can't hold a job, but secures additional expense of insurance. Not the brightest.
Can't pay his rent, way behind on child support, but he can keep up life insurance policies on a 23 and a 2 year old. Unless he couldn't pay the premiums either, and the policies were about to be cancelled.

The financial problems apparently were on-going, with periods of unemployment throughout their short marriage. There was previous discussion about a recent vacation to the Caribbean. Does anyone know for certain if that vacation really happened, and if it did, how was he able to pay for it?

Does anyone know for certain if that vacation really happened, and if it did, how was he able to pay for it?

He could have put it on a credit card.

If their financial problems were that severe, I'm a little doubtful that vacation ever took place. In addition, Melinda didn't mention it or have any pictures on her FB page. That said, a man who posted on the NWI forum stated that the vacation did happen and seemed to be "in the know" about a lot of other things, too. I got the distinct impression he was trying to change people's opinions about SL and even wondered if he was SL.

I'm just curious. Cannot pay rent, child support, etc., marital problems, etc., so just hop on a plane and go down to the Caribbean?

I'm just curious. Cannot pay rent, child support, etc., marital problems, etc., so just hop on a plane and go down to the Caribbean?
Well, there are people in the world who are just that irresponsible. He could have spent whatever money he did have on the trip, and cried poor to his landlord and ex-wife, and whoever else he owed money to. She told her friends she couldn't post pics because he didn't want his ex-wife to know about it. That makes sense, but then wouldn't she want to tell her friends all about her trip, in person, in detail, and share the pics on her phone, as anyone would?

I would think that if there was the trip, she would have told her friends some details about it, and perhaps shared some pictures, too. But from what he has stated, he had left the home six weeks prior to her murder, so that would have been right after returning home from the trip. If they did go on this trip, it is hard to imagine it would have been any fun if things between the two of them had gotten to the point where he went to stay with his brother right after their return. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight