GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of the first articles after SL's arrest, it was reported that there was a conspiracy charge. Perhaps that was reported in error or perhaps investigators are still working on it. According to the verified insider, Melinda saw the things her stalker supposedly did, but never actually saw a stalker. SL's version of events just seems so "convenient." The existence of a stalker would provide not only a way for SL to escape suspicion but also a nifty way to frighten and torment Melinda and keep her off balance and looking to SL to protect her and the child. My thoughts are that if there was indeed a "stalker," that person would also most likely be a co-conspirator, willing to go along for a cut of the insurance money. Of course, that is just MOO.

I don't know where it was originally reprted, I will have to go back and see if I can find it. I believe it was starshine4u who stated she knew Melinda and SL were on the couch when something happened. If SL was working to establish the stalker as the possible perpetrator, then whomever he got to play the part of the stalker would be a co-conspirator.

As someone else stated earlier, SL may have hired someone with a promise to pay from the life insurance.

I recall that someone tossed some lingerie inside a patio door at their home.

And I stuck with the Stalker theory because supposedly Melinda reported being stalked...now I know that has been tossed around and people said Steve made it appear or whatever that there was a Stalker but non the less a stalker was reported....What I don't get is where it was reported that a co-conspirator was involved and who would that be??

Yes, she did report being stalked. It isn't a big leap to conclude Steve had someone else stalk her, terrorize her, emotionally torture her in exchange for a cut of the $1 million. Hence, the co-conspirator theory.

JMO

Yes, she did report being stalked. It isn't a big leap to conclude Steve had someone else stalk her, terrorize her, emotionally torture her in exchange for a cut of the $1 million. Hence, the co-conspirator theory.

JMO
Nor is it a big leap to conclude that Steven did most of the stalking himself. He CLAIMED someone else threw the lingerie through the door. He CLAIMED someone else messed with the window. But how hard is it to throw down a bag and say "Oh, look what I found"? How hard is it to rip a screen and say "Oh, look at the screen"? Melinda may have reported the stalker - but at whose instigation? Did Steven tell her to? Personally I don't even think there was a 2nd party involved. I think it was all him, and that is why the conspiracy charge was dropped.

Nor is it a big leap to conclude that Steven did most of the stalking himself. He CLAIMED someone else threw the lingerie through the door. He CLAIMED someone else messed with the window. But how hard is it to throw down a bag and say "Oh, look what I found"? How hard is it to rip a screen and say "Oh, look at the screen"? Melinda may have reported the stalker - but at whose instigation? Did Steven tell her to? Personally I don't even think there was a 2nd party involved. I think it was all him, and that is why the conspiracy charge was dropped.

This is what I believe took place. Melinda told friends she never saw the stalker, only what the stalker had done. The police reports filed should indicate if Melinda reported to them if she had actually seen someone.

I haven't seen the police reports but I thought Melinda was with Steve when the lingerie was thrown through the door.

And that I think just might be Steve's spin on the story since Melinda can't contradict him now.

Exactly. And as another member mentioned, Melinda posted she was spending the evening alone on her facebook page on New Year's Eve. If she was afraid that there was a stalker, she would have never mentioned she was alone in such a public forum where a stalker could see it. Set her soul free has also stated Melinda was very security conscious. Perhaps Melinda wasn't buying into the stalker theory anymore either.

Starshine posted that she "knows" Steve and Melinda were together, on the sofa, when the lingerie was thrown into the house. She hasn't posted how she "knows" this, versus something she was told.

I haven't seen the police reports but I thought Melinda was with Steve when the lingerie was thrown through the door.
That's what Starshine4u posted on here someplace...they were sitting on the couch watching TV...I'll have to look but I'm sure thats what she posted...

Starshine posted that she "knows" Steve and Melinda were together, on the sofa, when the lingerie was thrown into the house. She hasn't posted how she "knows" this, versus something she was told.

Exactly right. Unless she was SITTING THERE WITH THEM and saw it with HER OWN EYES, I'm going to assume this was something told to her by Steve Lindsey. Just like most of the rest of her information.

That's what Starshine4u posted on here someplace...they were sitting on the couch watching TV...I'll have to look but I'm sure thats what she posted...

That's what she posted but we don't know where she got that information from.

Starshine has not differentiated the things that she believes/"knows" because someone told them to her and the things she believes because she observed them.

Sleuthing requires determining the difference and considering the source.

Not trying to change your opinion, but I do know that SL and Melinda were sitting together on the couch watching t.v. when someone opened the patio door and threw in a bag of lingerie. Also, he had taken her to the doctor and they were together the day the bedroom screen was cut and window tampered with. Neighbors reported seeing a man sitting out in front of the house watching. Steve was in the bathroom when Melinda saw a man in their backyard beating the dogs. Twist that anyway you want, but it was true someone was stalking her.

Here's the post about the stuff thrown in the door...

And what about this....*IF* Steve Lindsey is such a loving, wonderful husband (that he seems so intent on betraying himself to be) WHY would he leave his wife (who he supposedly loves and adores) at home and alone with a dangerous *stalker* on the loose? And then send her home to get her "**** together". (Again alone)? Or (as he claims) to go out and *party* with her friends without his manly protection by her side? Hmmm??

This guy has told so many lies, he can't keep his story straight.

Starshine has not differentiated the things that she believes/"knows" because someone told them to her and the things she believes because she observed them.

Sleuthing requires determining the difference and considering the source.

If I haven't made myself clear, then I shall attempt. I have not witnessed ANYTHING first hand, nor has what I've posted been hearsay. It all comes from police reports and trial evidence. I don't know how to be clearer than that.

That's what she posted but we don't know where she got that information from.

And she doesn't have to reveal where she got her information since she is a Verified Poster....you can either believe her or not is my understanding...Kind of like the Verified Poster that said Melinda was pregnant when the other verified poster said she was not according to the Autopsy report...

Here's a scenario. Melinda, overcome by fear and anger, charges over to Steve Lindsey's brother's house, where Steve is, and where he has taken Baby Girl. At 3:00 am. Melinda pounds on the door screaming for Baby Girl and for Steve to give Baby Girl to her. An argument ensues and ultimately Steve does not give Baby Girl to Melinda.

Perhaps Steve's brother and sister-in-law ask observe this, or overhear it. Steve professes Melinda to have been drunk to justify not giving Baby Girl to Melinda, thus explaining the "others" that Starshine refers to.

Even were Melinda drunk, NYE doesn't shed any light on her murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1