GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? That's the story you were told?

Myself and a good friend went to melindas ON New Year's Eve bc Melinda called and was in tears bc Steve took baby e and left!! I LEFT the New Year's Eve party I was at to go sit with her a half hour from my house!

I can't even begin to understand where this information you have gathered has come from. You already stated you didn't know Melinda, and that's clear bc she would NEVER try to pick up her daughter for "obvious" reason. && you clearly didn't know their relationship at all, to think for a half a second that Steve would allow her to go out without him!

When I took her and baby e to the mall with me she had to have that life whatever app to check in every 20 mins. I don't mean to come off as harsh and I understand you are just repeating the "facts" you have been given. However your facts seem to be a lot of hear say, as to what im saying i witnessed with my own eyes/ears. I've known Melinda and Steve BOTH for years.

#JusticeForMelinda

Thank you for sharing with us, and I'm sorry for your loss. I'm anxiously awaiting justice for Melinda...and I'll be following along here at WS

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

HistoryNut you posted the following:

"Okay, let me spell it out for you. You inferred Melinda's shortcomings may be brought up in court. In another post, you imply she was too drunk to drive her daughter home. Why even bring these up unless you are trying to subtly vilify the victim? They have nothing to do with her murder."

As regards motivations, I think Starshine4u posted that there was an extended period of time where she and Steve were not in contact. This would infer a period of estrangement. Starshine may not entirely understand her motivations for her posts, but it's possible that mending that estrangement is partial motivation, even if subconciously.

Only a thought, not necessarily a fact.

There is nothing to mend. We were not estranged.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. It does upset me when anyone suggests a victim is to blame for her death.

Agree wholeheartedly. Just a helpful reminder to anyone new, you can alert any post that violates TOS and WS mods will check it out...but don't quote the offending post.

Myself and a good friend went to melindas ON New Year's Eve bc Melinda called and was in tears bc Steve took baby e and left!! I LEFT the New Year's Eve party I was at to go sit with her a half hour from my house!

I can't even begin to understand where this information you have gathered has come from. You already stated you didn't know Melinda, and that's clear bc she would NEVER try to pick up her daughter for "obvious" reason. && you clearly didn't know their relationship at all, to think for a half a second that Steve would allow her to go out without him!

When I took her and baby e to the mall with me she had to have that life whatever app to check in every 20 mins. I don't mean to come off as harsh and I understand you are just repeating the "facts" you have been given. However your facts seem to be a lot of hear say, as to what im saying i witnessed with my own eyes/ears. I've known Melinda and Steve BOTH for years.

#JusticeForMelinda

I'm sure you will be deposed soon on this. Unfortunately there were more people involved on New Years Eve, what I related is what's in evidence. I didn't even touch on the majority of the night, only the events leading up to the texts.

#JusticeForMelinda

I don't think many of here, (especially those of us who SAW that facebook account), ever believed for one second, that Melinda went out on that NYE...

I'm sure you will be deposed soon on this. Unfortunately there were more people involved on New Years Eve, what I related is what's in evidence. I didn't even touch on the majority of the night, only the events leading up to the texts.

And this is what you do isn't it? Subtlety implying.... "Ohhh there's SOOO much dirt on melinda that I am just too darn considerate to share"

"When I took her and baby e to the mall with me she had to have that life whatever app to check in every 20 mins. "

WoW! I have no words.

(((SetherSoulfree)))

I seriously can't wait for this trial to start, I KNOW my friend wasn't perfect. However she was better than most people could even dream of being!

#JusticeForMelinda

I have not and will not vilify the victim. If the texts had nothing to do with her murder why were they brought up? I didn't bring them up,. simply put them in context. I have no clue what will be brought up in court and what won't, I'm not privy to the defense atty's strategy, nor the prosecutions. I only stated how trials work.

I disagree. The texts illustrate SL's attempt to control and manipulate Melinda. In addition to kicking Melinda and her newborn infant out of the house, there was a clear pattern of abuse which is something police look at in any murder investigation.

And this is what you do isn't it? Subtlety implying.... "Ohhh there's SOOO much dirt on melinda that I am just too darn considerate to share"

And despite any innuendo and/or inferences as to her character, she's still the victim, and vilifying her in court will simply make him look worse than he does: A controlling, murdering "husband" who invented a stalker to get life insurance off the murder of his beautiful wife. So sad.

You know Melinda wasn't perfect in the least bit as I have said, she's human! Well was.. The "dirt" on Melinda when it comes out, it's still all things people will understand bc of the situation she was in FEAR & LOVE make you do crazy things

YES she was talking about leaving Steve

Yes she was looking for away out

YES she contacted a few ppl for help to get out.

&& NO she never did bc she was scared, every single time she would try to leave Steve would take the baby, he would remind her that she was "nothing but a dirty stripper before him" that "no judge would give her the baby" blah blah blah! She was as I have said beautiful but not the brightest! He constantly ripped her apart! He never allowed her to hve a voice until he approved it! He even spell checked her fb!!

Try to trash Melinda with the "dirt" bc as I said she wasn't perfect, she's human!!! Please remember.. I've seen the same reports you have, & possibly more.

#JusticeForMelinda

I disagree. The texts illustrate SL's attempt to control and manipulate Melinda. In addition to kicking Melinda and her newborn infant out of the house, there was a clear pattern of abuse which is something police look at in any murder investigation.

Good Lord, I didn't say Steve was right, or wrong. I didn't say Melinda was right or wrong. I am not IMPLYING anything. Put me on ignore if you don't care to hear any of the evidence that will part of the trial.

Starshine4u, I'm interested in what the people who gave interviews regarding NYE actually observed than what was in their interviews.

Who SAW Melinda drunk at 3:00 am? Saw her, not heard her, or heard what SL relayed happened. Did his brother, or sister-in-law actually see Melinda, and did they smell alcohol on her breath?

I ask is because a devoted mother that is experiencing her child being held as manipulation and control tactics might be in a a rage, or acting irrationally, but not necessarily drunk.

Is there testimony, or evidence that Melinda attended a party and ins there evidence she was drunk. Just evidence, not second hand comments.

Good Lord, I didn't say Steve was right, or wrong. I didn't say Melinda was right or wrong. I am not IMPLYING anything. Put me on ignore if you don't care to hear any of the evidence that will part of the trial.

You have absolutely made references to her character that are very negative. I will not put you on ignore because I have every right to call you out when I disagree with what you are saying. And that is what I intend to do.

There is nothing to mend. We were not estranged.

This statement makes no sense, if you were dealing with such hardship with your husband, that you never met Melinda until the baby was born, then what kind of human being does it make SL, you dealing with so much that SL couldn't even bother to stop by to visit, sounds estranged to me

As far as it goes everything about this murder is based on abuse, I read Melinda's facebook page before it disappeared, it was very clear that she loved her daughter more than anything, would never do anything to harm her daughter, it was also very clear that she was being abused emotionally, being beat down daily, the most dangerous time for Melinda was when she was trying to break free from SL manipulation and control.

I'd be really surprised to find out that the prosecutor is sharing information with SL and family/friends. The only ones that I could see prosecutor sharing information with is Melinda's family and friends.

#JusticeForMelinda
How I wish I'd taken screen shots of Melinda's facebook. I saw where she posted how he'd kicked her out. I saw where she was questioned by friends/relatives about destruction of family photos.
I saw how happy she was ( "He's talking to me!!!!" ) just to have him TALK to her.

There's a reason LE consider those closest to the victim as suspects; in the mjority of cases they're GUILTY. I get that SL has people who care about him, I can't begin to imagine how difficult this situation must be for them. And yet there has to come a time when logic prevails.

The bottom line is a young mother was killed in her home.
Her husband presented an implausible story of being assaulted and tied up and yet survived the attack despite being the bigger threat.
LE as well as the DA decided there is enough evidence to warrant an arrest and trial.

There is no logical way to make SL'S explanation of the events on that night work. There just isnt. His alleged abuse of Melinda in my opinion is substantiated and proven by her FB posts. I find it strangely convenient for SL, and a convenient coincidence, that her FB was deactivated just after people began to use it to pick apart his version of events.

Starshine4u, I'm sorry for you. I'm sorry that your family member acted in such a manner that brought you here. But I believe with everything inside me that you're being misled. I'm sorry if I'm out of line, but nothing from the SL camp adds up in my opinion.

Why would Melinda post about being home alone on NYE if she was out partying? In the message she forwarded to her father, SL is saying "leave if you want, baby stays with me"... what mother would leave?

Melinda's own father stated SL would use Baby Girl to control Melinda and keep her from visiting family, that text proves it.

BBM. Respectfully, you weren't with Melinda on New Year's Eve. What you have related is hearsay. All that is in evidence so far has been enough to persuade a Judge to charge her husband with murder and deny him bail.

JMO

Pardon me for jumping back on here...I read this forum everyday in spite of the fact I said I wouldn't post here,but as one poster said...I need to get in the last word...you might be correct about that when I SEE someone is being accussed of something that I think is so wrong...NO WHERE has Steve's verified family member accussed or even suggested the victim was to blame...When she said everyones shortcomings come into play in Court...thats exactly right...thats what they do...some things are painful to hear on both sides...

When someone who wasn't with Melinda or even saw her claims she was too drunk on a specific night to care for her child, that's victim bashing, imo.

This was a message from a good friend of mine as well as Melindas.

BTW, the cruise DID IN FACT happen. I told you when i was for sure i would let you all know. Also, the video hasn't been confirmed that it was for sure him.

one link is the court records for the case.. the other link is about the murder (i just didnt know how many people had been able to read this one)

&&&& the Kirby's got VISITATION with baby E!!!
first step of the custody battle is down, now on to step 2!!

<modsnip>

#JusticeForMelinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads