GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be going with her father to meet with cps and the lawyers tomorrow, if you need time and dates I can ask him if I can screen shot a few more things so that those can be seen.

However YES it was around the same time the facebook post went up.

#JusticeForMelinda

I hope her dad's concerns are finally addressed by the authorities.

They have to go through this process I guess at first there are going for supervised visitation and then push forward from there, to try to obtain full custody

#JusticeForMelinda

Ok now I feel like an idiot.... that is THE most obvious reason.....

Don't feel like an idiot. If you don't have experience with knowing the tactics used, you can't understand how obvious his plan was. Melinda may have been the target from the very beginning. She was a naive, trusting 23-years-old. Young women that age think all men are just as loving as their dear old dad. If they don't have big brothers, they will be even more naive. It takes awhile for the young woman to understand the meaning of "love doesn't isolate" but when she does there needs to be resources for her to reach out to. Indiana needs to upgrade its protection order statutes to allow relatives of victims of domestic violence to obtain protection orders on behalf of them and their children. Melinda's friends should work to achieve such an Act as a way to honor Melinda.

I will be very surprised if arrests for co-conspiracy aren't ahead.

JMO

They have to go through this process I guess at first there are going for supervised visitation and then push forward from there, to try to obtain full custody

#JusticeForMelinda

Sounds archaic and frustrating.

Since this is a victim friendly forum, I will give "Set her Soul Free" a chance to put the texts in context if she knows the context. Other wise I will put them in context according to the police interviews. Also, autopsy reports = Melinda was not pregnant.

Are the police interviews public record?

On New Years Eve, Melinda went out to celebrate with her friends. I won't pretend I know why Steve didn't want to go, but he chose not to. He went to his brothers with the baby and spent the evening there. At 3 A.M. after the celebrating was over Melinda went to pick up the baby. For "obvious" reasons they would not permit her to drive home with the baby. She was reunited with her daughter the next day, after a good nights sleep. Yes, she was upset she couldn't take her daughter that night. I am leaving a little out of these interviews because I AM sensitive to the victim and her loved ones. NO, these were not Steve's interviews.

On New Years Eve, Melinda went out to celebrate with her friends. I won't pretend I know why Steve didn't want to go, but he chose not to. He went to his brothers with the baby and spent the evening there. At 3 A.M. after the celebrating was over Melinda went to pick up the baby. For "obvious" reasons they would not permit her to drive home with the baby. She was reunited with her daughter the next day, after a good nights sleep. Yes, she was upset she couldn't take her daughter that night. I am leaving a little out of these interviews because I AM sensitive to the victim and her loved ones. NO, these were not Steve's interviews.
Her Facebook post about being alone at her house on NYE was uploaded around 10 or 11 pm if I remember correctly. This was the post prior to the life coach one about isolation. There were comments from her brother? asking what was wrong. of course this cannot be proven as the FB page is deactivated.

Her Facebook post about being alone at her house on NYE was uploaded around 10 or 11 pm if I remember correctly. This was the post prior to the life coach one about isolation. There were comments from her brother? asking what was wrong. of course this cannot be proven as the FB page is deactivated.

That's what I remember seeing, also. Hopefully LE has gotten Melinda's Facebook postings.

I guess I'm confused because the time stamp on the texts posted upthread that she had with her dad is 4:54 PM not AM and it is pretty clear Steve Lindsey is telling her to pack her things and get out of her home.

JMO

I guess I'm confused because the time stamp on the texts posted upthread that she had with her dad is 4:54 PM not AM and it is pretty clear Steve Lindsey is telling her to pack her things and get out of her home.

JMO

Not to argue the point, but the time stamp is only for the one text that says "call me". There is no time stamp for the others. Also, what was clear was that Steve told her to pack and leave if that's what she felt "she needed to do", he was not insisting she do it.

Not to argue the point, but the time stamp is only for the one text that says "call me". There is no time stamp for the others. Also, what was clear was that Steve told her to pack and leave if that's what she felt "she needed to do", he was not insisting she do it.

Ironically, pack and leave is exactly what Melinda needed to do but she didn't do it because her husband had her child. It is a classic tactic used by abusive partners.

JMO

Somehow strikes me as a little ironic, that the (ever noble) Steve would be "protecting" Baby E from a drunk driver...I would bet the farm, that he has driven her and his boy after drinking many times... Be that as it may, his text was a threat. Go ahead and leave, I'll keep the baby. NOT "until you sober up", NOT "until the morning" ect... "Just Leave and I keep baby E. until you got your **** straight." Not buying for one minute that he was being a "Good Daddy". (Suddenly).

Plus Melinda's Father has said that Steve would take the baby and leave, to prevent her from visiting family. This IS a known tactic that he used.

Ironically, pack and leave is exactly what Melinda needed to do but she didn't do it because her husband had her child. It is a classic tactic used by abusive partners.

JMO

Perhaps! But the constant threat to do so is also used by a person trying to manipulate a situation.

With all due respect starshineforyou, I don't think you have put anything, "into contex". You have though, provided an example of how you guys are planning to spin this to look like Melinda was the one manipulating and abusing poor little Steve. Nice. (Too bad for him, though, that his entire life reads like a he has been a nightmare for other people).

On Melinda's now deleted facebook page, she posted at 12:00 a.m. and wished everyone a Happy New Year and said she wished she wasn't spending it alone. A few minutes later she posted the life coach saying on "love doesn't isolate". Did she go out after that?

With all due respect starshineforyou, I don't think you have put anything, "into contex". You have though, provided an example of how you guys are planning to spin this to look like Melinda was the one manipulating and abusing poor little Steve. Nice. (Too bad for him, though, that his entire life reads like a he has been a nightmare for other people).

Sorry you feel that way. No matter what their relationship was like she did not deserve a death sentence. I don't know who was at fault if their relationship was bad. And of course court is different then a forum. It's a no spin zone, everyone's short comings comes into play, not just Steve's.

On New Year's Eve she posted at midnight to wish her friends a Happy New Year. A few minutes later was the post about isolation. If she went out partying, it was after that, but I doubt it. She also was apparently not afraid of a stalker to post that she was left home alone as she had no privacy settings on her facebook page and she stated she was spending it alone. That is the last thing anyone with a stalker after them would do. IMO. And he left her home alone with a stalker who was out after her - interesting.

On New Year's Eve she posted at midnight to wish her friends a Happy New Year. A few minutes later was the post about isolation. If she went out partying, it was after that, but I doubt it. She also was apparently not afraid of a stalker to post that she was left home alone as she had no privacy settings on her facebook page and she stated she was spending it alone. That is the last thing anyone with a stalker after them would do. IMO. And he left her home alone with a stalker who was out after her - interesting.
You know, I hadn't put that together until you posted. You're exactly right. Why would Melinda tell a potential stalker she was home alone? Didn't her post say something about SL taking the baby to his brother's for NYE? Not in the main body, but in the comments. I do remember her saying sh was alone and someone asking where SL was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1