GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you feel that way. No matter what their relationship was like she did not deserve a death sentence. I don't know who was at fault if their relationship was bad. And of course court is different then a forum. It's a no spin zone, everyone's short comings comes into play, not just Steve's.

With sincere respect, and I do understand your point: Victims aren't to be bashed here at WS, so should this thread devolve into that, the mods will pounce. No victim is perfect, nor their attackers...but the victims are given a wide berth here. Just using your post as a jumping off point.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

With sincere respect, and I do understand your point: Victims aren't to be bashed here at WS, so should this thread devolve into that, the mods will pounce. No victim is perfect, nor their attackers...but the victims are given a wide berth here. Just using your post as a jumping off point.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

I have not once bashed the victim. But thank you for the reminder.

Not to argue the point, but the time stamp is only for the one text that says "call me". There is no time stamp for the others. Also, what was clear was that Steve told her to pack and leave if that's what she felt "she needed to do", he was not insisting she do it.

Wow? Are we reading the same text message? What about the threat he issued that he was keeping the baby until she figured her "*****" out?

Perhaps! But the constant threat to do so is also used by a person trying to manipulate a situation.

Indeed, that is true. The person who takes a child and makes the threats is the manipulator and it sounds as though Melinda caved to the threats.

JMO

At 3 A.M. after the celebrating was over Melinda went to pick up the baby. For "obvious" reasons they would not permit her to drive home with the baby. She was reunited with her daughter the next day, after a good nights sleep. Yes, she was upset she couldn't take her daughter that night.

And of course court is different then a forum. It's a no spin zone, everyone's short comings comes into play, not just Steve's.

Heaven forbid a mother expects her child to be brought home so she can sleep in her crib that night. If Mommy had partied too much, what was wrong with Daddy's driving ability? I hope the defense strategy is to blame the victim because it will result in a fast and just verdict in favor of justice for Melinda and her child.

JMO

Perhaps! But the constant threat to do so is also used by a person trying to manipulate a situation.

Sorry you feel that way. No matter what their relationship was like she did not deserve a death sentence. I don't know who was at fault if their relationship was bad. And of course court is different then a forum. It's a no spin zone, everyone's short comings comes into play, not just Steve's.

On one hand, you say Melinda didn't deserve a death sentence, but in the next breath, you state everyone's shortcomings will come into play in court. I'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make here. Your statement concerns me and I believe it merits an explanation from you.

You know, I hadn't put that together until you posted. You're exactly right. Why would Melinda tell a potential stalker she was home alone? Didn't her post say something about SL taking the baby to his brother's for NYE? Not in the main body, but in the comments. I do remember her saying sh was alone and someone asking where SL was.

You are correct. One of her friends responded back asking why she was alone. Melinda responded that SL had taken the baby and was spending the night at his brother's house. I would think that if Melinda was afraid of a stalker, she would have been very careful about stating she was home alone (all night on her facebook page that anyone could read, especially her "stalker". This exchange took place just after midnight on New Year's Eve.

On one hand, you say Melinda didn't deserve a death sentence, but in the next breath, you state everyone's shortcomings will come into play in court. I'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make here. Your statement concerns me and I believe it merits an explanation from you.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. It does upset me when anyone suggests a victim is to blame for her death.

I don't know who was at fault if their relationship was bad.

Well... When you consider the fact, that he started (Grooming her imo), "their relationship" by pretending to be single and childless, while he was actually still married, I believe the lion's share of *blame* for BOTH his failed marriages lies with HIM.

If the police interviews are not public record, you cannot discuss what's in them here, nor can you discuss what was in the autopsy if MSM hasn't published it somewhere or it isn't public record. I would advise you to go back and edit any post you made discussing information from them.

And as far as "blame" for failed relationships, he's the common denominator, so common sense would look at his failings as a man and provider.

I wasn't sure so I deleted the question about the autopsy report....

If the police interviews are not public record, you cannot discuss what's in them here, nor can you discuss what was in the autopsy if MSM hasn't published it somewhere or it isn't public record. I would advise you to go back and edit any post you made discussing information from them.

And as far as "blame" for failed relationships, he's the common denominator, so common sense would look at his failings as a man and provider.

That's why I became a verified member, so I could discuss things that have not been made public. Now from a legal standing, I didn't divulge anything that will effect either side, defense or prosecution.

I don't know what concerns you? NO ONE deserves a death sentence, whether they were a perfect spouse or a lousy spouse. That's pretty simple. And I just stated the obvious about how trials work, they are not one sided. That's why we have "defense" attorneys. Even a person that may give a simple statement for the State or prosecution is open to scrutiny.

I don't know what concerns you? NO ONE deserves a death sentence, whether they were a perfect spouse or a lousy spouse. That's pretty simple. And I just stated the obvious about how trials work, they are not one sided. That's why we have "defense" attorneys. Even a person that may give a simple statement for the State or prosecution is open to scrutiny.

Okay, let me spell it out for you. You inferred Melinda's shortcomings may be brought up in court. In another post, you imply she was too drunk to drive her daughter home. Why even bring these up unless you are trying to subtly vilify the victim? They have nothing to do with her murder.

Okay, let me spell it out for you. You inferred Melinda's shortcomings may be brought up in court. In another post, you imply she was too drunk to drive her daughter home. Why even bring these up unless you are trying to subtly vilify the victim? They have nothing to do with her murder.

I have not and will not vilify the victim. If the texts had nothing to do with her murder why were they brought up? I didn't bring them up,. simply put them in context. I have no clue what will be brought up in court and what won't, I'm not privy to the defense atty's strategy, nor the prosecutions. I only stated how trials work.

Agree - IMO - victimizing the victim.

On New Years Eve, Melinda went out to celebrate with her friends. I won't pretend I know why Steve didn't want to go, but he chose not to. He went to his brothers with the baby and spent the evening there. At 3 A.M. after the celebrating was over Melinda went to pick up the baby. For "obvious" reasons they would not permit her to drive home with the baby. She was reunited with her daughter the next day, after a good nights sleep. Yes, she was upset she couldn't take her daughter that night. I am leaving a little out of these interviews because I AM sensitive to the victim and her loved ones. NO, these were not Steve's interviews.

Seriously? That's the story you were told?

Myself and a good friend went to melindas ON New Year's Eve bc Melinda called and was in tears bc Steve took baby e and left!! I LEFT the New Year's Eve party I was at to go sit with her a half hour from my house!

I can't even begin to understand where this information you have gathered has come from. You already stated you didn't know Melinda, and that's clear bc she would NEVER try to pick up her daughter for "obvious" reason. && you clearly didn't know their relationship at all, to think for a half a second that Steve would allow her to go out without him!

When I took her and baby e to the mall with me she had to have that life whatever app to check in every 20 mins. I don't mean to come off as harsh and I understand you are just repeating the "facts" you have been given. However your facts seem to be a lot of hear say, as to what im saying i witnessed with my own eyes/ears. I've known Melinda and Steve BOTH for years.

#JusticeForMelinda

I have not and will not vilify the victim. If the texts had nothing to do with her murder why were they brought up? I didn't bring them up,. simply put them in context. I have no clue what will be brought up in court and what won't, I'm not privy to the defense atty's strategy, nor the prosecutions. I only stated how trials work.

Do not assume you need to educate us on how trials work. The text messages show abusive behavior by SL toward the victim. That is why they are relevant.

HistoryNut you posted the following:

"Okay, let me spell it out for you. You inferred Melinda's shortcomings may be brought up in court. In another post, you imply she was too drunk to drive her daughter home. Why even bring these up unless you are trying to subtly vilify the victim? They have nothing to do with her murder."

As regards motivations, I think Starshine4u posted that there was an extended period of time where she and Steve were not in contact. This would infer a period of estrangement. Starshine may not entirely understand her motivations for her posts, but it's possible that mending that estrangement is partial motivation, even if subconciously.

Only a thought, not necessarily a fact.

Who are you to "put into context" texts that YOU knew nothing about and where not apart of? How do YOU yourself know the context of the texts? Just boggling my mind how someone who knows so little about Melinda and Steve as well apparently can put the texts I to context.

Jmo

#JusticeForMelinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members