GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, from his text message, he expected her to move out!

Yes he was expecting her to pack up and leave the house they shared, but he says "Baby E" is "Staying with me" and Melinda text's her Dad, "He's got my baby", so where was Steve staying? Clearly he was not at the house they shared, was he at his brothers with the child? I am trying to understand how this message could prove he had not moved out. Am I missing something?

That text exchange broke my heart, (again!) btw. Those who keep saying Melinda "chose" to "Stay with a married man" need to read that. Over and over again until it sinks in. psychopathic predators don't leave a "Choice" open for their victims.
All my love to her family and you, SHSF... This just so heartbreaking...

There is SOMETHING with the story about him telling the police that "he had moved out 6 weeks ago." There HAS to be a reason why he said this, even if it wasn't true. Obviously we don't have the whole story. But I wonder what he told the police as far as why he was at the house that night? Hmmm.....

Yes he was expecting her to pack up and leave the house they shared, but he says "Baby E" is "Staying with me" and Melinda text's her Dad, "He's got my baby", so where was Steve staying? Clearly he was not at the house they shared, was he at his brothers with the child? I am trying to understand how this message could prove he had not moved out. Am I missing something?
I don't think he was staying anywhere else. He told Melinda to leave and that Baby girl was staying with him until she got her sh^t figured out. I wish she had just taken the baby and run. This is so heartrending.

There is SOMETHING with the story about him telling the police that "he had moved out 6 weeks ago." There HAS to be a reason why he said this, even if it wasn't true. Obviously we don't have the whole story. But I wonder what he told the police as far as why he was at the house that night? Hmmm.....
The ONLY sense I can make of this would be an excuse for why he was sleeping on the couch. If he had moved out several weeks earlier, and had established the stalker theory, he could say he was there simply to protect his child. Nothing between him and Melinda at all, just there for "protection". This would also fit if he was cheating on Melinda and didn't want the new girlfriend to know he wasn't as separated as he told her he was. I really do believe this is the reason. I can'timagine anything else.

But you're right. It is a very lose thread that doesn't seem to fit with anything. It would have made him look better to say he and Melinda were working through their issues. Admitting or exaggerating their problems gives him more of a motive in my opinion.

He was exercising control. The jerk wanted her to leave the house. Then, he could accuse her of abandonment of Ellie. Every aspect of this guy's moves has to do with money and control.

JMO

I imagine he has quite a narrative that has no basis in reality whatsoever.

Just a thought...maybe he thought if he claimed to have moved out six weeks prior, the police wouldn't suspect he was the "stalker"?

Just a thought...maybe he thought if he claimed to have moved out six weeks prior, the police wouldn't suspect he was the "stalker"?
I don't believe we will EVER know all the ins and outs and twists of his mind. Unless this goes to trial and SL takes the stand, we will never know.

I think his text shows just how manipulative and controlling he is. It's obvious she kicked him out and to punish her, he takes the baby and tells her to move out. I'm curious when the "stalker" came into the picture and when she got the baby back. If the "stalker" appeared after the text message, it was probably another way to keep her under his thumb out of fear.

I think his text shows just how manipulative and controlling he is. It's obvious she kicked him out and to punish her, he takes the baby and tells her to move out. I'm curious when the "stalker" came into the picture and when she got the baby back. If the "stalker" appeared after the text message, it was probably another way to keep her under his thumb out of fear.
You know, that's a really good theory as to why the stalker was necessary. He couldn't afford to let her go, so he was going to keep her by any means necessary. If she left without Baby Girl, he doesn't pay CS. So he had to make sure she wouldn't leave.

I wonder if Melinda told him she was leaving him that night and that's why he upped his timeline....

There's no date/time for when the fwd message came through. But my guess is that this text was on new year's eve. Isn't that when she posted the "love doesn't isolate" message on facebook? The texts to her dad confirms that he took the baby and left her alone that night. I imagine that she allowed SL to come back because he had their baby. As her friends stated, Melinda had hope for things to work out.

There's no date/time for when the fwd message came through. But my guess is that this text was on new year's eve. Isn't that when she posted the "love doesn't isolate" message on facebook? The texts to her dad confirms that he took the baby and left her alone that night. I imagine that she allowed SL to come back because he had their baby. As her friends stated, Melinda had hope for things to work out.

Since this is a victim friendly forum, I will give "Set her Soul Free" a chance to put the texts in context if she knows the context. Other wise I will put them in context according to the police interviews. Also, autopsy reports = Melinda was not pregnant.

Okay the fwded measage was from Steve, Melinda sent it to her dad.. (New Years) then she texted her dad saying he took the baby and asked for her, her dad told her to call the cops..

But in his text that she fwded to her father he tells HER to pack her stuff and leave. WHY would she be packing and leaving if he wasn't at their house?

#JusticeForMelinda

I will be going with her father to meet with cps and the lawyers tomorrow, if you need time and dates I can ask him if I can screen shot a few more things so that those can be seen.

However YES it was around the same time the facebook post went up.

#JusticeForMelinda

BBM. I think that is exactly what happened just as it has happened in too many cases of domestic violence. The abusive partner intends to control the mother AND the child.

JMO

You know, that's a really good theory as to why the stalker was necessary. He couldn't afford to let her go, so he was going to keep her by any means necessary. If she left without Baby Girl, he doesn't pay CS. So he had to make sure she wouldn't leave.

I wonder if Melinda told him she was leaving him that night and that's why he upped his timeline....

The "stalker" was created to put his premeditated plan to kill her into play. He was intending to blame the stalker for the murder.

JMO

Okay the fwded measage was from Steve, Melinda sent it to her dad.. (New Years) then she texted her dad saying he took the baby and asked for her, her dad told her to call the cops..

But in his text that she fwded to her father he tells HER to pack her stuff and leave. WHY would she be packing and leaving if he wasn't at their house?

#JusticeForMelinda

BBM. Good point and his intent is pretty obvious: He was planning to stay at "their" house after her murder while he awaited the delivery of the $1 million insurance payout.

JMO

The "stalker" was created to put his premeditated plan to kill her into play. He was intending to blame the stalker for the murder.

JMO
Ok now I feel like an idiot.... that is THE most obvious reason.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1