GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This statement makes no sense, if you were dealing with such hardship with your husband, that you never met Melinda until the baby was born, then what kind of human being does it make SL, you dealing with so much that SL couldn't even bother to stop by to visit, sounds estranged to me

As far as it goes everything about this murder is based on abuse, I read Melinda's facebook page before it disappeared, it was very clear that she loved her daughter more than anything, would never do anything to harm her daughter, it was also very clear that she was being abused emotionally, being beat down daily, the most dangerous time for Melinda was when she was trying to break free from SL manipulation and control.

I'd be really surprised to find out that the prosecutor is sharing information with SL and family/friends. The only ones that I could see prosecutor sharing information with is Melinda's family and friends.

The prosecutor hasn't shared anything with us. They did have to turn over all evidence they had to Steve's defense team, that includes all interviews, autopsy etc.

When someone who wasn't with Melinda or even saw her claims she was too drunk on a specific night to care for her child, that's victim bashing, imo.

I'm not claiming anything. I wasn't there. I shared a portion of evidence.

Please do not tell one another how or what to post. If you feel someone has strayed outside TOS alert on the post and then move on.

VIs may post what they know or opine. Individual members may assign whatever weight they deem appropriate to those posts. Thanks

Set Her Soul Free, I have hidden your screen shots from view. Normally the rules state no screen shots of social media. But I would like an administrator to look at this. I am not as familiar with this case as I would like t be. Thank you members for your patience.

Set Her Soul Free, I have hidden your screen shots from view. Normally the rules state no screen shots of social media. But I would like an administrator to look at this. I am not as familiar with this case as I would like t be. Thank you members for your patience.

Not a problem at all! Just let me know!

#JusticeForMelinda

Not a problem at all! Just let me know!

#JusticeForMelinda
Screen shots from social media are not allowed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.

[h=1]Rules: Etiquette & Information[/h]

Good Lord, I didn't say Steve was right, or wrong. I didn't say Melinda was right or wrong. I am not IMPLYING anything. Put me on ignore if you don't care to hear any of the evidence that will part of the trial.

I'm not going to put you on ignore because I want to see every word you type here about Melinda, who is the murder victim.

What difference does it make what kind of person Melinda was, or what she did on New Year's Eve? None. It doesn't matter. All that matters is what happened in her bedroom on January 16th. Somebody killed her. That person needs to be permanently removed from society. Everything else is just chatter.

I'm not claiming anything. I wasn't there. I shared a portion of evidence.

I'm not following your logic. If you weren't present and didn't see Melinda, all you know is what someone else has told you. That is not evidence, it is hearsay. Steve is facing a far greater obstacle than what happened New Year's Eve and that is the $1 million life insurance policy. Police have not only the means and opportunity to pin on him, they also have the oldest, most disgusting motive on the books: greed.

JMO

What difference does it make what kind of person Melinda was, or what she did on New Year's Eve? None. It doesn't matter. All that matters is what happened in her bedroom on January 16th. Somebody killed her. That person needs to be permanently removed from society. Everything else is just chatter.

I don't mind chatter. In fact I find it helpful. If others have told police that Melinda was too drunk on NYE to properly care for her baby--and police also have witnesses who were with Melinda who can refute it--then the question becomes: why is someone intentionally lying to police? Are they doing it because they are co-conspirators?

JMO

Screen shots from social media are not allowed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.

[h=1]Rules: Etiquette & Information[/h]

Ok, I've got a question about rumors on social networking site. I left another forum today because all it has become is taking rumors from FB and bringing them here and discussing the rumors as fact. I guess I don't understand why the screenshots aren't allowed if the rumors are still allowed. Color me confused or maybe it's just my old age...

How she spent that NYE was one more example of the abuse she suffered. In her own words, she recounted the loneliness, isolation, disrepair and fear for her child. This young woman was tortured (emotionally), prior to her murder. I don't see the on going discussion of her life with Steve as "just chatter" at all. I do find it becoming uncomfortable because some of us are here in support of victim and her loved one's, and some are here to support her killer. Kind of presents a conflict of interest.

I don't mind chatter. In fact I find it helpful. If others have told police that Melinda was too drunk on NYE to properly care for her baby--and police also have witnesses who were with Melinda who can refute it--then the question becomes: why is someone intentionally lying to police? Are they doing it because they are co-conspirators?

JMO

Couldn't that go both ways??...I guess I don't get what some are implying with this Co-Conspiracy accusation.

How she spent that NYE was one more example of the abuse she suffered. In her own words, she recounted the loneliness, isolation, disrepair and fear for her child. This young woman was tortured (emotionally), prior to her murder. I don't see the on going discussion of her life with Steve as "just chatter" at all. I do find it becoming uncomfortable because some of us are here in support of victim and her loved one's, and some are here to support her killer. Kind of presents a conflict of interest.

And some are here or tried to be to discuss the murder in general and were accussed of being a relative of Steve's or a friend when all they did was post other possible scenarios..

I guess I don't get what some are implying with this Co-Conspiracy accusation.

IMO, the existence of a co-conspirator in this case sounds much more plausible than the existence of a stalker.

IMO, the existence of a co-conspirator in this case sounds much more plausible than the existence of a stalker.

And I stuck with the Stalker theory because supposedly Melinda reported being stalked...now I know that has been tossed around and people said Steve made it appear or whatever that there was a Stalker but non the less a stalker was reported....What I don't get is where it was reported that a co-conspirator was involved and who would that be??

And I stuck with the Stalker theory because supposedly Melinda reported being stalked...now I know that has been tossed around and people said Steve made it appear or whatever that there was a Stalker but non the less a stalker was reported....What I don't get is where it was reported that a co-conspirator was involved and who would that be??
I don't know where it was originally reprted, I will have to go back and see if I can find it. I believe it was starshine4u who stated she knew Melinda and SL were on the couch when something happened. If SL was working to establish the stalker as the possible perpetrator, then whomever he got to play the part of the stalker would be a co-conspirator.

As someone else stated earlier, SL may have hired someone with a promise to pay from the life insurance.

I don't know where it was originally reprted, I will have to go back and see if I can find it. I believe it was starshine4u who stated she knew Melinda and SL were on the couch when something happened. If SL was working to establish the stalker as the possible perpetrator, then whomever he got to play the part of the stalker would be a co-conspirator.

As someone else stated earlier, SL may have hired someone with a promise to pay from the life insurance.

Yes, I do remember that now that you mentioned it...

And some are here or tried to be to discuss the murder in general and were accussed of being a relative of Steve's or a friend when all they did was post other possible scenarios..

I might add,and I hope this doesn't sound insensitive to either family...Websleuth to me isn't a support group...its a crime sleuthing community...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1