GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've read this so called alternate theory a few times on here.Like another poster said...He does have temporary custody of the baby.
Does he? Do we know that for sure? We know one of Steven's relatives has her, but do we know for sure that it's not one of his parents, or a different sibling from the one he called moments after the murder?

Does he? Do we know that for sure? We know one of Steven's relatives has her, but do we know for sure that it's not one of his parents, or a different sibling from the one he called moments after the murder?

I don't know...was going by what another poster said or I could have read it elsewhere... I have no clue how many sibblings he has...

I don't think that's been confirmed.

Starshine4U answered the Video question....I'll just post her whole post...

Thank You for the questions. My intentions when becoming verified were not to attempt to change anyone's minds, nor to debate whether Steve committed murder. I have attempted to post certain things when I felt the rumors and untruths were becoming a part of the equation, only to have my posts deleted. I will say, yes I know Steve very well. Unfortunately I did not know Melinda very well. Yes, this is difficult for both families. First, there is no life insurance policy on the baby. Never has been. There is no video with Steve in it from a gas station. Steve was employed, it was not a side job, it was with a company as a supervisor. As with the 911 call (no neighbor called 911, only Steve), the papers got quite a bit wrong. Steve never moved out, they never split up. They had not discussed divorce. They did take a cruise, the pictures are on her phone. As Tricia says, it's up to you to believe what you want. These are all things that will come up in court, so lying about them would be futile. As to what I believe........like I said, I'm not going to attempt to change anyone's mind. We are seeking the truth as everyone else is. Unfortunately I am limited in what I can discuss.

The details of custody of this little innocent have no place in the thread. Thank you.

many people believe that their dogs and all dogs will do something when a stranger comes to the door. Did any of you see the video of the guy who breaks in the house with the two dogs who see the guy and as he breaks in they run out of the room? Yep, not all dogs bark or will go after the perp. Many dogs will jump and want to play catch, like my best friends big black lab, watch dog.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/03/06/suspect-caught-on-camera-burglarizing-s-mpls-home/

Her dogs would have, at least cowboy and evil would have!

#JusticeForMelinda

We are not discussing who has custody of the innocent child involved in this case. Period.

Her dogs would have, at least cowboy and evil would have!

#JusticeForMelinda
Labs are know to be friendly to people. I had one that looked scary as hell, but he was a big puppy. My mixed breed mutt we adopted from the shelter however would rip your arm off if you got too close. We would have to crate her when company came over. Once she got to know you she was cool, but that dog would raise hell if anyone other than my husband or I pulled up in the driveway, let alone try to get in.

Labs are know to be friendly to people. I had one that looked scary as hell, but he was a big puppy. My mixed breed mutt we adopted from the shelter however would rip your arm off if you got too close. We would have to crate her when company came over. Once she got to know you she was cool, but that dog would raise hell if anyone other than my husband or I pulled up in the driveway, let alone try to get in.

My small lap dog is the best watch dog I've ever had. I have no doubt she would at least try to rip an intruder apart. She is very protective of my family and our home.

My small lap dog is the best watch dog I've ever had. I have no doubt she would at least try to rip an intruder apart. She is very protective of my family and our home.

One of our dogs not only barks, she also places herself between us and the "stranger" as a way to protect us. This caused a problem when our new neighbor came into our front yard to introduce himself. We had our dog on a leash and all was well until his 6-year-old son came careening across the yard toward us on his new bike to see what we were up to. Our dog barked furiously, moved to be in front of us and nipped his knee. There is no way somebody could approach a door to our house without our dog hearing it and going nuts. A stranger is not going to hear a big barking dog and open the door to toss something inside. I just don't believe the "stalker" in this case was a stranger.

I don't recall any of the news stories mentioning the Lindsey's dogs and where they were when police arrived. I do recall police had to break into the bedroom where Steve and EL were located and they did so AFTER Melinda was transported to the hospital.

JMO

Wonder why they would wait until after Melinda was transported to the hospital to check on Steve and the child? That doesn't make sense...they didn't know if either one had been harmed and how bad since Melinda suffered a fatal wound...and good question about the dogs...where were they?

Wonder why they would wait until after Melinda was transported to the hospital to check on Steve and the child? That doesn't make sense...they didn't know if either one had been harmed and how bad since Melinda suffered a fatal wound...and good question about the dogs...where were they?

Cowboy was oddly enough locked in the garage, && the other 2 where in the home.

#JusticeForMelinda

Cowboy was oddly enough locked in the garage, && the other 2 where in the home.

#JusticeForMelinda
Do you think it's possible the police put cowboy on the garage to keep him from biting them? I always wonder what LE does to pets, especially dogs who are at a crime scene. It would make sense to confine them to keep the dogs from running all over the place and possibly destroying evidence...

The media articles really didn't explain what the difficulty was in getting to SL and EL but surely they were able to hear him and could have asked him through the door if they were okay?

Do you think it's possible the police put cowboy on the garage to keep him from biting them? I always wonder what LE does to pets, especially dogs who are at a crime scene. It would make sense to confine them to keep the dogs from running all over the place and possibly destroying evidence...

I think it is possible police put the dog in the garage but then it begs the question of why they would have placed just one of them there and not the other two.

JMO

The media articles really didn't explain what the difficulty was in getting to SL and EL but surely they were able to hear him and could have asked him through the door if they were okay?
I think that article must be wrong. Even assuming the ambulance arrived at the same time as the cops, which is by no means certain, of course the cops didn't wait for Melinda to be loaded onto a stretcher and taken away before they dealt with anyone else in the house. That just doesn't make any sense. And if they found Melinda and called an ambulance, what were they doing while they waited for the ambulance to arrive? Anyway, one of the first articles mentioned that the police report stated that Steven never asked to see his wife. Why would he ask, if the ambulance had already left, sirens blazing? Maybe one of the LE people on this site can provide some insight, but to me it looks like there was simply some sloppy reporting going on.

I think that article must be wrong. Even assuming the ambulance arrived at the same time as the cops, which is by no means certain, of course the cops didn't wait for Melinda to be loaded onto a stretcher and taken away before they dealt with anyone else in the house. That just doesn't make any sense. And if they found Melinda and called an ambulance, what were they doing while they waited for the ambulance to arrive? Anyway, one of the first articles mentioned that the police report stated that Steven never asked to see his wife. Why would he ask, if the ambulance had already left, sirens blazing? Maybe one of the LE people on this site can provide some insight, but to me it looks like there was simply some sloppy reporting going on.

Cops usually do focus on the injured until an ambulance arrives so it sounds like the ambulance did not arrive simultaneously with the first responding police. Melinda was still alive so it is strange that SL didn't ask them to get him out so he could see her and my guess is that is the reason they left him in there until ML was safely out of there. They may have suspected he had a weapon and they knew the baby was with him.

JMO

I think that they had secured the house including the room that SL and the baby were in. If the police didn't search the house then they would have had no way of knowing whether there was a mad gunman in the house therefore endangering the lives of the first res-ponders.

I just can't see the police yelling threw the door, everything okay in there.

How would someone that has there hands bound behind their back keep a baby content for a couple hours. Police stated the little one was calm,

I think this is going to be a trial filled with twists and turns to finally get to the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth