GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it was a stranger who opened the door. I think it was someone the dogs knew.

JMO

I think SL opened the door, real quick, shut it and went, HEY, did you see that?! Someone just threw a bag in the door! Melinda might have gone to the bathroom or the kitchen for a minute... or was somehow distracted, and then, he could still claim they were watching a movie on the couch...

many people believe that their dogs and all dogs will do something when a stranger comes to the door. Did any of you see the video of the guy who breaks in the house with the two dogs who see the guy and as he breaks in they run out of the room? Yep, not all dogs bark or will go after the perp. Many dogs will jump and want to play catch, like my best friends big black lab, watch dog.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/03/06/suspect-caught-on-camera-burglarizing-s-mpls-home/

I think SL opened the door, real quick, shut it and went, HEY, did you see that?! Someone just threw a bag in the door! Melinda might have gone to the bathroom or the kitchen for a minute... or was somehow distracted, and then, he could still claim they were watching a movie on the couch...
This is what I think too. I don't think there was ever a third person involved at all. It was all him. IMO of course, but that's how it feels to me.

many people believe that their dogs and all dogs will do something when a stranger comes to the door. Did any of you see the video of the guy who breaks in the house with the two dogs who see the guy and as he breaks in they run out of the room? Yep, not all dogs bark or will go after the perp. Many dogs will jump and want to play catch, like my best friends big black lab, watch dog.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/03/06/suspect-caught-on-camera-burglarizing-s-mpls-home/

The dogs were very protective, so I've heard. They were growling and and barking at the cops, I believe, sethersoulfree can speak to that... Personally speaking, my dog would rip your throat out if you had me in a choke hold... (Way before that most likely).

Dear Websleuths Members,

starshine4u is now a verified family member of Steve Lindsey's in the Melinda Lindsey case.

As a verified member starshine4u does not need to provide links to back up what she posts. It is up to you to decide to believe or not believe the information.

With all verified members you must treat starshine4u with respect. You may ask starshine4u questions as long as the questions are polite.

Thanks to starshine4u for coming forward to be verified. Since starshine4u will be adding information about the suspect in this case she will be able to give us a look into the otherside of a murder case which we
rarely get to see.

Take Care,
Tricia

She was introduced as a family member. I don't recall seeing anywhere what the relationship was so I asked.

And it has been stated that these dogs were not the playful kind.

The dogs in this video are greyhounds. They are typically not protective dogs, nor good guard dogs.

I disagree. I think this involved a murder-for-hire plot, hence the initial "conspiracy" charge that mysteriously disappeared. I think it will reappear and it will be tried as a death penalty case unless SL accepts a plea deal.

JMO

And it has been stated that these dogs were not the playful kind.

Hasn't it also been stated that SL was caught on security video at a convenience store at 5 am? The dogs may have been in his car or tied outside to keep from awakening Melinda.

JMO

most dog owners know from their own experience how their dogs react when a stranger gets near the door. One of our dogs goes nuts when someone turns into our driveway. She can hear anything and everything going on outside.

I disagree. I think this involved a murder-for-hire plot, hence the initial "conspiracy" charge that mysteriously disappeared. I think it will reappear and it will be tried as a death penalty case unless SL accepts a plea deal.

JMO

Unless he hired himself, I don't see it as"murder for hire". Doesn't seem like he had many friends, and he was way too selfish to share the cash Imo . (modsnip)

Unless he hired himself, I don't see it as"murder for hire". Doesn't seem like he had many friends, and he was way too selfish to share the cash imo

I have no idea how many friends he had nor does it matter to me. This was a premeditated, diabolical murder and his actions show he is capable of anything, including paying somebody to help him.

JMO

She was introduced as a family member. I don't recall seeing anywhere what the relationship was so I asked.

Nothing wrong with you asking if she wanted to answer you which she did...It was another poster that said she was introduced as Steve's Aunt and you're correct...she never was...

Nothing wrong with you asking if she wanted to answer you which she did...It was another poster that said she was introduced as Steve's Aunt and you're correct...she never was...

It was stated she was SL's aunt early on, when she first started to post on this forum. For some reason, some of her earlier posts have been deleted, but I've known from the beginning that she is his aunt, because it was posted that she is his aunt.

It was stated she was SL's aunt early on, when she first started to post on this forum. For some reason, some of her earlier posts have been deleted, but I've known from the beginning that she is his aunt, because it was posted that she is his aunt.

Not trying to argue the point,but when so many were asking her, I just wondered why some of you that knew this didn't say so because some of the posters said she was being evasive etc...

I don't think that the brother is involved, If he was under investigation, would he have been given temporary custody of the baby?

I do think that there is someone else involved, it's been reported that Melinda saw someone in the backyard fighting the dogs, and SL was in the bathroom, at the time. I have to wonder if this person is now a key witness for the prosecution. I do not believe this person is a true stalker in the real sense of what a stalker is, I think this is someone whom SL had help him scare Melinda, and set the stage for an intruder shot Melinda
I don't think there was anyone else involved, primarily based on Melinda's statement to her BF that she felt someone was messing with her because she never saw the stalker, only what the stalker did. I think Steve planted the lingerie, ripped the screen, claimed to have seen someone watching the house, etc. And then he told Melinda to talk to the cops. I think Melinda's instincts were right on, and there was nobody but Steve. But I can also see how others would come to a different conclusion.

Could he have called his Brother to come and get his little girl out of there? I think its so wrong to make accuations about Steve's brother...He hasn't been charged with anything and I'm sure he has been throughly investigated....
Nobody is making accusations - only presenting alternate theories.

Nobody is making accusations - only presenting alternate theories.

Well, I've read this so called alternate theory a few times on here.Like another poster said...He does have temporary custody of the baby.Could be why some are upset and making these accusations/alternate theories ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth