GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dabbled in MMA fighting for a little bit & I've never been put in a hold & put to sleep without SOME kind of mark.. That could be just me tho. However I highly doubt it, && the lack of fighting back.. You would think.. The urge to protect his family would have kicked in.. Some kind of effort even if they were to succeed.. Something anything to fight back.. Steve isn't a small man & he is very strong.. I watched a video Melinda had of him climbing a light pole with just his arms.. I just can't even imagine.

#JusticeForMelinda
Even if there was no urge to protect his family - the urge to protect HIMSELF would have kicked in. Not too many people would allow themselves to be choked unconscious without a fight. It's not human nature.

Even if there was no urge to protect his family - the urge to protect HIMSELF would have kicked in. Not too many people would allow themselves to be choked unconscious without a fight. It's not human nature.

Very very true!!

#JusticeForMelinda

I dabbled in MMA fighting for a little bit & I've never been put in a hold & put to sleep without SOME kind of mark.. That could be just me tho. However I highly doubt it, && the lack of fighting back.. You would think.. The urge to protect his family would have kicked in.. Some kind of effort even if they were to succeed.. Something anything to fight back.. Steve isn't a small man & he is very strong.. I watched a video Melinda had of him climbing a light pole with just his arms.. I just can't even imagine.

#JusticeForMelinda

Nope - it is not just you. Even if I was able to buy the part about him being rear-choked and unconscious, when we get to what goes on in the baby's room is when it goes from bizarre to worse as far as I am concerned. He awakes to a gun being fired in his home but is amazingly is able to dial 911 for help, even though his hands are bound. He tells 911 he doesn't know if the intruder is still in the house. And he is screaming while he is on the phone? This is not a big house. Does he want the intruder to hear him on the phone reporting the crime? And then it gets better. After he gets off the phone, he just ....passively waits for help to arrive, either on his knees or slumped over. No protective instinct kicks in to get up on his feet with adrenaline pumping and ready to kick or even head-butt the guy if he came barreling through the door, or be ready to throw his body between the intruder and his defenseless little girl? And this is a guy who called himself Wolfie? OMG.

Yes. And also I wonder WHY if SL was screaming into the phone on a 911 call did that not upset her? I would think hearing her father screaming, plus the gunshot, plus the struggle between SL and the assailant would upset her a bit.
What I think is that SL dialed 911 and was on the phone with them as he was staging the scene. Maybe. Idk. Depends on how long it took LE to arrive OTS.

Such an emotional display would upset any child her age. Which is yet another clue that she wasn't in the room when he did that. I doubt Steve spent enough time with her to know what is a normal reaction and what is not normal.

JMO

Here are my red flags and some of them have already been stated:
1. No forced entry by the assailant
2. No marks or evidence of a struggle on SL
3. No sign of a struggle in the house
4. The dogs gave no warning
5. The assailant overlooked the cell phone
6. The assailant "forgot" to tie SL's feet (although given the fact that SL passively stayed in Baby Girl's room like a good little vicitim that really didn't matter)
7. The gunshot didn't disturb Baby Girl
8. SL couldn't show LE how he managed to dial 911
9. Despite SL screaming into the phone mere inches away, Baby Girl was not upset
10. Despite not being fed Baby Girl was not upset.
11. Despite being in her crib for approximately two hours after she should have at least gone to the bathroom BabyGirl was not upset.
12. SL tested positive for gunshot residue. Note that he had already been bound when the gun went off as he states it is what miraculously brought him back to consciousness. This eliminates the possibility of transference by the assailant unless we are to believe that SL allowed himself to be bound while awake and on the phone with 911 emergency dispatch. Oh and behind a barricaded door apparently as well.
13. Melinda was shot with her own gun. How would an intruder know where she kept it? Even if it was under her pillow how would anyone know that?
14. Melinda slept through the entire assault on Steve. I'm assuming he at least cried out when he was being "choked", maybe banged his feet around a bit? Possibly scratched at the assailant's arms while trying to breathe? And we are supposed to accept that Melinda either didn't hear it or couldn't be bothered to check on her baby?
15. After medics transported Melinda to the hospital, SL NEVER once inquired where she was or how she was. Not once.
16. He had her cremated against her wishes and her family's wishes.
17. The life insurance policy.
18. The lie about living with her
19. The entire stalker prequel
20. His mental and emotional abuse of Melinda

I'm sure more will come to light once the trial begins,

Here are my red flags and some of them have already been stated:
1. No forced entry by the assailant
2. No marks or evidence of a struggle on SL
3. No sign of a struggle in the house
4. The dogs gave no warning
5. The assailant overlooked the cell phone
6. The assailant "forgot" to tie SL's feet (although given the fact that SL passively stayed in Baby Girl's room like a good little vicitim that really didn't matter)
7. The gunshot didn't disturb Baby Girl
8. SL couldn't show LE how he managed to dial 911
9. Despite SL screaming into the phone mere inches away, Baby Girl was not upset
10. Despite not being fed Baby Girl was not upset.
11. Despite being in her crib for approximately two hours after she should have at least gone to the bathroom BabyGirl was not upset.
12. SL tested positive for gunshot residue. Note that he had already been bound when the gun went off as he states it is what miraculously brought him back to consciousness. This eliminates the possibility of transference by the assailant unless we are to believe that SL allowed himself to be bound while awake and on the phone with 911 emergency dispatch. Oh and behind a barricaded door apparently as well.
13. Melinda was shot with her own gun. How would an intruder know where she kept it? Even if it was under her pillow how would anyone know that?
14. Melinda slept through the entire assault on Steve. I'm assuming he at least cried out when he was being "choked", maybe banged his feet around a bit? Possibly scratched at the assailant's arms while trying to breathe? And we are supposed to accept that Melinda either didn't hear it or couldn't be bothered to check on her baby?
15. After medics transported Melinda to the hospital, SL NEVER once inquired where she was or how she was. Not once.
16. He had her cremated against her wishes and her family's wishes.
17. The life insurance policy.
18. The lie about living with her
19. The entire stalker prequel
20. His mental and emotional abuse of Melinda

I'm sure more will come to light once the trial begins,

Excellent list - agree with all points. To me, a red flag also went up when I heard the zip ties used to bind his hands were from his work. I'm not sure though if that has been stated on here, or if it was reported in mainstream media. I also hadn't given much thought to her not waking up through the choking and dragging of her husband, but you are absolutely right. If she was shot while she was sleeping, that doesn't add up at all.

Okayyy her parents weren't informed until hours later, in fact they themselves found out though us.

Steve told the police he had NO contact information for them && that Melinda didn't tell him what the password lock on her phone was ( funny bc Melinda never had a password on her phone) I had used her phone a million times to take photos of babygirl and never once was there a password.. They drove down and got here about1230-1 pm and then they were turned away from even being able to see her... The last time any of her family saw her, was Christmas.

#JusticeForMelinda

I wonder if it's possible that since it appears that the marriage was rocky and she was acting like she may like to leave - if she did towards the end password protect her phone. Either way he must have had some idea how to reach her family. That he chose not to says a lot about him (none of it good.)

I wonder if it's possible that since it appears that the marriage was rocky and she was acting like she may like to leave - if she did towards the end password protect her phone. Either way he must have had some idea how to reach her family. That he chose not to says a lot about him (none of it good.)

I would bet my life that he had contact info on every single person Melinda knew. Controlling as he was...He likely had it stored right on his own phone imo. I would be very surprised if he had not copied her entire contact list into his phone.

Of course he knew how to reach her family. Steve spent a lot of effort isolating Melinda from her family support system. Classic tactic of an abuser.

It is more likely Steve is the one who locked the phone. He had total control over Melinda, her phone, both her babies. The delay in the notification to her parents was just one more way he could control her final hours of life, her parents and police.

JMO

Of course he knew how to reach her family. Steve spent a lot of effort isolating Melinda from her family support system. Classic tactic of an abuser.

It is more likely Steve is the one who locked the phone. He had total control over Melinda, her phone, both her babies. The delay in the notification to her parents was just one more way he could control her final hours of life, her parents and police.

JMO

I agree with this 100%

#JusticeForMelinda

Cowboy being in the garage, bugs me. I wonder if he always slept in the garage or was he a house sleeping dog.

I think Cowboy was put in the garage by SL before he shot Melinda. He knew Cowboy would attack him and try to protect Melinda.

If the police were the ones to put him in the garage, why only him? The police would want all dogs out of the crime scene.

The police on scene would have radioed back to dispatch,asking them to call for SPCA to come get the dogs, that would have been done right away, the police knew SL was going to be busy, and he wasn't going to be allowed into the house until they released it.

The bedroom door must have been closed, or those other 2 dogs would have been all over that crime scene. Even well trained dogs would enter the room, even if they had been trained that they don't go in there. One of their pack is laying there gasping, and it's the member that always feeds you, chances are that Melinda fed them early just like she did baby girl.

As far as I know cowboy always slept in the house. It's VERY odd that he was locked up, however I can almost bet that the reason for him being in the garage will be something along the lines of " cowboy was out there for protection bc the "stalker" stole the garage opener from melindas car"
Cowboy was very very protective of Melinda. You couldn't even playfully hit her on the shoulder without him trying to attack

#JusticeForMelinda

As far as I know cowboy always slept in the house. It's VERY odd that he was locked up, however I can almost bet that the reason for him being in the garage will be something along the lines of " cowboy was out there for protection bc the "stalker" stole the garage opener from melindas car"
Cowboy was very very protective of Melinda. You couldn't even playfully hit her on the shoulder without him trying to attack

#JusticeForMelinda

Thank you, I thought that I had gotten the right impression that Cowboy was a house dog, and protective.

Cowboy was locked in the garage by the "stalker" to protect the "stalker" from Cowboy, that's what I think

SetHerSoulFreeI can almost bet that the reason for him being in the garage will be something along the lines of " cowboy was out there for protection bc the "stalker" stole the garage opener from melindas car"

That may be the excuse, but, it isn't a good reason as changing the code takes very little time.

I hope the trial starts June 6 as currently scheduled. Most of us will never know what goes on there, but I'm looking forward to the day I hear Steve Lindsey will never walk free again.

I hope the trial starts June 6 as currently scheduled. Most of us will never know what goes on there, but I'm looking forward to the day I hear Steve Lindsey will never walk free again.

I thought it was June 8. In any case, SHSF (I think it was her) indicated that there will probably be delays, and it could be a year or more down the road. The longer the wait, the harder it is on her family/friends. I'm hoping for sooner than later.

I thought it was June 8. In any case, SHSF (I think it was her) indicated that there will probably be delays, and it could be a year or more down the road. The longer the wait, the harder it is on her family/friends. I'm hoping for sooner than later.

It was starshine4u who indicated that there would probably be delays. I can't quote it from the other thread, but I copied and pasted it here:

03-27-2015, 08:46 PM #666
starshine4u

There is no change of plea hearing scheduled. April 10th is an Omnibus hearing. In all likelihood, this will be rescheduled. At the time of arraignment all hearings are assigned according to law. Most hearings are rescheduled to accommodate each side. "

So far, I don't see any delays or anything rescheduled on the court page.
The next item is:
05/08/2015 Final PreTrial Conference (9:00 AM)

Then the trial:
06/08/2015 Jury Trial (1:00 PM)

I'm only assuuming things like most everyone else is about what happened....If this was a planned get together with her friends I find it really odd that Steve would pick that day to murder his wife...knowing they would be coming to the house...knowing he would be a suspect for sure...he would have to be a really stupid guy and as some have said on here...he was intelligent...

She probably did NOT tell him of her plans. Otherwise she would have had to deal with one of his temper tantrums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper