GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.nwitimes.com/news/local/po...5164-bf93-f26d3796d317.html?mobile_touch=true

It won't be long. They get the case & start deliberating in the morning. I bet we have a verdict by noon. Any takers?

Not sure how long it'll be before it goes to the jury...prosecution may choose to take it's time to get everything on record into their heads.

But I agree with you on a verdict. I suspect it'll come back GUILTY within a short period of time. Then all we have to do is wait for the sentencing. I hope some victim impact statements are given, there is a lot to be said here.

Latest update said, "Juror's will hear final arguments from both sides this afternoon and will begin deliberating on Lindsey's fate Thursday morning."

Are trial transcripts available online after the trial is over? I'd love to read the questions and answers, especially the SL portion.

The family/friends must be on tenderhooks awaiting the verdict. I feel confident it will go the way they want it to go.

I wonder if SL was offered a plea deal? It appears he is smug enough to believe he can talk his way out of this.
What complete stupidity.

PLAUSIBLE???? Not, "NO!!! That's what really happened!!!"

OMG. His attorney must be banging his head on the defense table by now.

I thought the same thing. It's almost like SL said to himself, before going on the stand, "I've got to think up something that is plausible...which doesn't mean it has to be true". So, he told his "plausible" story on the stand. Plausible, not necessarily true...he's not lying if you look at that comment, in isolation.

It is plausible that I could win the lottery tomorrow. Not probable, but definitely plausible. I just LOVE that he got on the stand. He loved the attention and somehow believed he was smart enough to turn everything around.

But the jury has heard a LOT more than this "plausible" comment, and will base their decision on the entirety of the evidence.

His poor lawyer probably will go home tonight, take a few Valium and 5 shots of scotch to get over the bad day in court.

His poor lawyer probably will go home tonight, take a few Valium and 5 shots of scotch to get over the bad day in court.

And a pain pill after banging his head on the table all day. Can you imagine having that guy as your client. YIKES!!

I don't know how they do things in Indiana, but it usually takes the court reporters quite some time to get everything transcribed. And I don't know if it will ever be available *on line* without paying for it. I'd love to read it too.

The lies this guy has told are truly astonishing. I've just been sitting here with my mouth wide open staring at the screen in disbelief for most of this!

$150,000-$170,000 is "easy to come by" yet you don't pay your CHILD SUPPORT, your rent, your credit cards, and on and on. How many months would he have to work with this "easy to come by money"? A month or two? He'd be all caught up! And he claims that finances were "fine". With $13.00 in the bank? How do you buy diapers and groceries on that???

He's on the phone with his brother and 911 screaming like a (girl) lunatic saying "they took my wife" but he never even bothered to LOOK. How does he know they TOOK anything? And he DOES nothing. His answer? "What could I have done?"

I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that my husband would have torn the house down to get to me if he thought someone was doing me any harm. Even faced with his own death. And I would so the same for him. That's what you do for people you really love.

Lies, lies & more lies.

http://m.nwitimes.com/news/local/po...5164-bf93-f26d3796d317.html?mobile_touch=true

I love how the jurors got to ask questions and they asked SL why he didn't install security cameras because of the stalking.

"Because we didn't own the house and we were going to move"

Only after prompted by his attorney did he admit that he did look into buying a "mobile" security system. (Big of him to "look into it")

So ok. Your wife is scared to death. Some stalker freak is tossing lingerie into the house, beating the dogs, stealing stuff from the car, etc, and you won't fork out the $100-$200 it takes to install a security system. Yet you're Mr. Money Bags.

Yeah.

Heck, I'm beginning to think that the Courts should videotape some of these trials and sell them to help offset the cost of the trials. Were it not for the grim nature of the trial I believe parts of it could be used for comedy and case study for education of what not to do.

Should his defense Attorney ever get another fool like this in the future he could show them this video, BEFORE they take the stand in their own defense. I could just imagine it: $19.95 for the video...please allow 3-6 weeks for delivery. JK

JMO's

Heck, I'm beginning to think that the Courts should videotape some of these trials and sell them to help offset the cost of the trials. Were it not for the grim nature of the trial I believe parts of it could be used for comedy and case study for education of what not to do.

Should his defense Attorney ever get another fool like this in the future he could show them this video, BEFORE they take the stand in their own defense. I could just imagine it: $19.95 for the video...please allow 3-6 weeks for delivery. JK

JMO's

I'd buy it.

On cross examination: "And Mr. Lindsey, you say you 'looked into' buying a mobile security system. Why didn't you? We know you have piles of money, you loved your wife more than life itself, your little girl was the apple of your eye, and you wanted to protect them with every fiber of your being. Could you tell the jurors what made you declined security that might have kept your family safe from the threats you knew: the stalker, the robbers, and all those ex-boyfriends who suddenly have appeared?"

How long do you think it will take the jury to come up with a verdict? I would think it will be a rather short morning at court.

How long do you think it will take the jury to come up with a verdict? I would think it will be a rather short morning at court.

My guess very fast. One would have to be in la la land to deliver anything but guilty.

On cross examination: "And Mr. Lindsey, you say you 'looked into' buying a mobile security system. Why didn't you? We know you have piles of money, you loved your wife more than life itself, your little girl was the apple of your eye, and you wanted to protect them with every fiber of your being. Could you tell the jurors what made you declined security that might have kept your family safe from the threats you knew: the stalker, the robbers, and all those ex-boyfriends who suddenly have appeared?"

You see, that's why I'd love to read the transcripts. Statements like this are priceless. Does anybody know how SL responded to this excellent question? "Because we were moving" makes NO sense, as the threat (as he was pretending) was very current. Not smart to wait till after the move to pick up a system, especially a mobile system that he "looked into". And taking meds and alcohol while your family is under threat would be insane. As Arabian lover says, her husband would put his own life in risk if he felt she was being harmed. I'd imagine many husbands would sit up in a living room chair, with a rifle propped up on his lap, dogs in the same room, all night long standing guard, (he could sleep during the day when she's awake and able to scream and call 911 if danger approaches). But not for Steve, "let's get wasted and get some shut eye" was his answer to the clear and present danger!!! There was no danger, except him. Couldn't have been all that worried.

On cross examination: "And Mr. Lindsey, you say you 'looked into' buying a mobile security system. Why didn't you? We know you have piles of money, you loved your wife more than life itself, your little girl was the apple of your eye, and you wanted to protect them with every fiber of your being. Could you tell the jurors what made you declined security that might have kept your family
safe from the threats you knew: the stalker, the robbers, and all those ex-boyfriends who suddenly have appeared?"

Also:
Mr Lindsey you loved your wife and was concerned for her safety, yet you moved out of the home for several weeks. Isn't it true you left them vulnerable in your absence?
Since your bank reflected a balance of 13.00, can you describe for the court how you dispersed the retirement fund that was cashed out?.
if in fact you were to begin a new job after the incident, would you elaborate the name of the company, pay scale and proposed pay date. How were diapers and food going to be purchased while you waited on first pay check?
Is it true, in fact that you did not choose not to work over the holidays, but was actually fired and company truck removed.
( not the best at legal speak, but you get the idea)

The promo for an upcoming crime drama remarked
"The average murderer commits 30 mistakes during or after the crime.
5 they are unable to remember,"
No wonder why it is said there is no perfect murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenitsa