GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, if he gets 45 yrs, he could be out in 20 (with good behavior), or even less depending...
I'm sure Melinda's friends and family will do everything in their power to keep that from happening. But let him get sentenced first. He may get life without parole considering how premeditated it all was.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

How old is SL now? 30's?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

36. So even if he got the minimum, which I highly doubt, he'd be 81 if he lived to get out.

36. So even if he got the minimum, which I highly doubt, he'd be 81 if he lived to get out.
I want life with no parole. I don't want him to have even a sliver of hope that he might ever see the light of day again. 45 would be fine if he actually did 45.

I want life with no parole. I don't want him to have even a sliver of hope that he might ever see the light of day again. 45 would be fine if he actually did 45.
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

He is such a pathetic . First he scares his wife by making her think someone is after her. Then he shoots his wife in her sleep. Then goes to great lengths to stage the scene. But he bungled the entire thing. He called his vigilante brother and Annie Oaklie SIL. But they claim he never "said" anything. Yet they charge over there with loaded guns. And even though SL was "incoherent" they didn't try to call him back or call 911 for help. What a bunch of CRAP.

He doesn't bother to call his wife's parents to inform them of her death. He doesn't give her an obituary OR a funeral service. PLUS they request a photo of her gunshot wound because the lawyer asked them to get it. Oops! No, they needed it for the private investigator they were going to hire after they collected the $1.1M life insurance money to find the "real killer". He sends Melinda's dogs off to be destroyed.

Then remember he went on that website for the NWItimes when they were chatting about the crime before he was arrested and posed as someone named "Sam" (I think) and was defending SL, saying he was such a "great husband" and "treated Melinda like a princess"? It was completely obvious it was SL behind the computer screen. I wonder if investigators ever checked out his computer and if that came out in the trial?

I am so glad this guy is getting locked up!! He will NOT do well in prison. He thinks he's Mr. Tough Guy. Ha! I hear they don't like wife killers in prison. :)

He might just do very well in prison. Child molesters, and snitches, are the most hated, killing your wife not so much... SL will likely feel right at home amongst others of his kind. Yup he's a selfish, spoiled, pathological loser, but I will bet he fits right in the prison population. He can use the whole " part Asian" thing too... get some protection off that affiliation...

Hate to even think about it, but I have known people who do time and kinda like the fact that they did, and they do seem to actually enjoy some aspects of their stay! SL strikes me as one of those types. I dearly hope he never gets out, he'll be even more deviant after he gets his jailhouse education.

SL is broke, unemployed, and he isn't getting that million anytime soon Ha!.. "Three Hots & A Cot" might be the best he can hope for at this point.

I'd love to think that he was going to be absolutely miserable inside, but that's usually reserved for those who had some kind of a life that was good outside...

SL didn't have jack going for him outside. He was in debt up to his eyeballs, no job, and likely unemployable due to his "issues", plus his grand plan to come into money didn't work out to well.

You're right about the child molesters & snitches. But, there is also a "pecking order" when it comes to murderers. Prisoners will highly respect a cop-killer. But someone who kills a child will probably be killed. And murderers who kill someone "helpless" like the elderly, someone sleeping, even a woman, is not respected.

But the biggest thing that will get him into trouble is his mouth and his attitude.

I doubt SL is going to "enjoy his stay". Lol

Maybe enjoy is not the right word. ..I just don't think he'll hate it as much, as someone who had anything; status, money, a chance for success of any kind. ...( Like OJ for example, he was probably respected inside, but he could not hack it, it was clear he was used to much better lifestyle!)

SL has a better chance inside than out for any status of any kind. Yeah he will need to check his additude at the gate, but he may not even have the same additude, with inmates that he had with women...

I wish there was a worse punishment for him, but for now this is all we've got.

In the last trial, it came out that SL had been performing online searches for adoption agencies. Does anyone know if this was brought out during this trial?

You're right about the child molesters & snitches. But, there is also a "pecking order" when it comes to murderers. Prisoners will highly respect a cop-killer. But someone who kills a child will probably be killed. And murderers who kill someone "helpless" like the elderly, someone sleeping, even a woman, is not respected.

But the biggest thing that will get him into trouble is his mouth and his attitude.

I doubt SL is going to "enjoy his stay". Lol

I think prison will be an absolute disaster for him, There are very strict rules in prison. If an inmate has a manipulative personality, they are watched like a hawk because the manipulative prisoners try to manipulate both inmates and prison staff.and they try to build a power base. They bring in contraband. They disrupt the ability of the warden to run the prison in an orderly fashion.

I'm reading a case on this exact thing now. They kept sending this master manipulator inmate who wouldn't follow the rules to different prisons in his state and he usually ended up in the hole in each prison. They kept breaking up his little power bases that he'd establish at each place by moving him again and again. Not sure if the inmate has figured out yet that he has to play by their rules, but I'm sure he was getting tired of being in the hole.

Maybe enjoy is not the right word. ..I just don't think he'll hate it as much, as someone who had anything; status, money, a chance for success of any kind. ...( Like OJ for example, he was probably respected inside, but he could not hack it, it was clear he was used to much better lifestyle!)

SL has a better chance inside than out for any status of any kind. Yeah he will need to check his additude at the gate, but he may not even have the same additude, with inmates that he had with women...

I wish there was a worse punishment for him, but for now this is all we've got.
Steven could have had a decent life. He had a good-paying job as a lineman for the power company, a wife and a son. But he drank on the job and he cheated on the wife. That led to something he never counted on - consequences. Child support payments. A new young family to support. Unemployment. Bills piling up and no way to meet them. Contempt of court. Jail looming. None of it his fault (in his mind of course).

So i think he will hate prison. This is not some poor little boy put out on the street to run drugs for the gangs at 12 years old. This one had his chance. He blew it. So yes, at this point he's better off in than out. At least he doesn't have to worry about paying the bills. Nobody will be bugging him for rent or child support. But I think he will hate the fact that he is in there because he got caught. He wasn't smarter than everybody else after all. That's gotta hurt.

Steven could have had a decent life. He had a good-paying job as a lineman for the power company, a wife and a son. But he drank on the job and he cheated on the wife. That led to something he never counted on - consequences. Child support payments. A new young family to support. Unemployment. Bills piling up and no way to meet them. Contempt of court. Jail looming. None of it his fault (in his mind of course).

So i think he will hate prison. This is not some poor little boy put out on the street to run drugs for the gangs at 12 years old. This one had his chance. He blew it. So yes, at this point he's better off in than out. At least he doesn't have to worry about paying the bills. Nobody will be bugging him for rent or child support. But I think he will hate the fact that he is in there because he got caught. He wasn't smarter than everybody else after all. That's gotta hurt.
I agree. I think realizing that no one bought his BS this time around will sting more than anything else. I mean he had his 1st family, but his selfish sense of entitlement ruined it, he married Melinda and had another family, and his selfish sense of entitlement ruined that one as well. NO ONE is as important to him as he is and to have this little thing called REALITY come crashing down onto the fantasy world he'd created has to leave him wondering what the hell just happened.
I hope they go after the brother. Or at least I hope they look into it. If the cops already believe SL and bro staged stalking incidents then nail both their butts to the wall.

His Narcissism will be a big problem for him in prison. He will expect special treatment. (Because he didn't do it & doesn't belong there) That attitude alone will be a huge problem.

And SL doesn't like to follow RULES. He didn't like the rules that went along with marriage. So he ignored them & did what he wanted anyway. Found himself divorced, out of the house & paying child support.

He didn't like the rules that went along with having a good job. So he ignored those too, did what he wanted, drank on the job & got fired.

He didn't like the rules or responsibilities that went along with his second marriage either. But this time he knew the consequences were coming & he knew he didn't want them. So, being a narcissist, and believing he is smarter than everyone, he came up with his scheming plan to avoid his "consequences". Since he's smarter than everyone else, he never once even considered his plan wouldn't work.

Then, BAM!! It all fell in on top of him. Then he had to beg, lie, and lie some more to get all of his family to give up their life savings & mortgage their homes in order to finance his defense. TWICE!

SL does NOT like rules. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else. He's a pathological liar, a user, and a huge manipulator. Prison is FULL of rules that MUST be followed.

People who walk around with the attitude SL has are going to get called out in prison. And he better be tougher than a guy who can't stand up using only his legs when his arms are tied behind his back. ;)

I agree. I think realizing that no one bought his BS this time around will sting more than anything else. I mean he had his 1st family, but his selfish sense of entitlement ruined it, he married Melinda and had another family, and his selfish sense of entitlement ruined that one as well. NO ONE is as important to him as he is and to have this little thing called REALITY come crashing down onto the fantasy world he'd created has to leave him wondering what the hell just happened.
I hope they go after the brother. Or at least I hope they look into it. If the cops already believe SL and bro staged stalking incidents then nail both their butts to the wall.

I do too. I hope they go after the brother AND the sister-in-law. They were both in this. The SIL probably not as much as the brother, but she was in on it.

I have ran this through my head 100 times. And if my husband's brother brought their baby over here and said his "wife was drunk" and was just protecting the baby, I would not have allowed that to happen here. There is NO-WAY I would have played any part of that game.

And the morning of Melinda's murder? Again, I am trying to imagine in what world would my husband and I jump into a vehicle with loaded guns and go charging over to his brother's house BLIND without calling the brother back asked asking, "WTF" and or calling the police to say come save this family.

It would never, ever, happen!

So in my opinion, this scenario is a lie, this SIL is a wacho, she is also abused, or all of the above.

I do too. I hope they go after the brother AND the sister-in-law. They were both in this. The SIL probably not as much as the brother, but she was in on it.

I have ran this through my head 100 times. And if my husband's brother brought their baby over here and said his "wife was drunk" and was just protecting the baby, I would not have allowed that to happen here. There is NO-WAY I would have played any part of that game.

And the morning of Melinda's murder? Again, I am trying to imagine in what world would my husband and I jump into a vehicle with loaded guns and go charging over to his brother's house BLIND without calling the brother back asked asking, "WTF" and or calling the police to say come save this family.

It would never, ever, happen!

So in my opinion, this scenario is a lie, this SIL is a wacho, she is also abused, or all of the above.

I hope they do find something on the inlaws. Something fishy there... I can't imagine any man, I know, heading into a need-my-gun situation, not saying to his wife:

"Something is up over at my brothers house, you stay here, keep your phone on!"

Honestly, if you were a guy, would you bring your wife to a potential shootout?

A guy friend maybe, I could see, but your wife?

There were many times, I have thought; "what is wrong with them" when reading Melinda facebook, and other accounts of abuse on here and realizing SL often went over their house when he wanted to punish Melinda.

There were many times, I have thought; "what is wrong with them" when reading Melinda facebook, and other accounts of abuse on here and realizing SL often went over their house when he wanted to punish Melinda.

I have too! It would make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It was like they were isolating Melinda. Torturing her. Purposely being MEAN to her.

And remember the Linsaey family member who was here posting? She was SL's "aunt" but claimed to have never met Melinda. What is that all about???

Maybe his family was embarassed by the whole situation. SL had been married. Had a nice wife, son and a home. He had a good job with a good company & made a good living. Then suddenly he's tossed out of the house, his wife divorces him because he's been having an affair with a 21 yo exotic dancer. Now his 21 yo girlfriend is pregnant so they move in together.

And who knows what he told anyone about anything. We do know that he told Melinda that his wife & son were dead when he met her. So we know he is capable of horrific lies. So who knows what he told other people about Melinda and or his wife? Narcissist are master manipulators. And they are EXPERTS at pitting other people agains each other.

He could have told people horrible things about Melinda in order to keep them from her. To keep them from getting to know her. To keep them from getting her side of things. And poor Melinda probably didn't have a clue that any of this was going on.

I have too! It would make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It was like they were isolating Melinda. Torturing her. Purposely being MEAN to her.

And remember the Linsaey family member who was here posting? She was SL's "aunt" but claimed to have never met Melinda. What is that all about???

Maybe his family was embarassed by the whole situation. SL had been married. Had a nice wife, son and a home. He had a good job with a good company & made a good living. Then suddenly he's tossed out of the house, his wife divorces him because he's been having an affair with a 21 yo exotic dancer. Now his 21 yo girlfriend is pregnant so they move in together.

And who knows what he told anyone about anything. We do know that he told Melinda that his wife & son were dead when he met her. So we know he is capable of horrific lies. So who knows what he told other people about Melinda and or his wife? Narcissist are master manipulators. And they are EXPERTS at pitting other people agains each other.

He could have told people horrible things about Melinda in order to keep them from her. To keep them from getting to know her. To keep them from getting her side of things. And poor Melinda probably didn't have a clue that any of this was going on.

Well don't forget, brother Shawn was frequenting the strip clubs with SL. I'm pretty sure two married guys who hang together at the clubs, know more about each others personal lives than other family members might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyingHorses4