Deceased/Not Found IN - Najah Ferrell, 30, Avon, Hendricks County, 15 March 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmm. I have my theory (two actually but one is far stronger than the other) but it is based on the little we know and, in large part, of what we did not hear. I have not stated it because it is just a theory. I will bet it has crossed some others' minds though as well. It could very well be wrong.

I hope they find who did this assuming this is her which if they have went so far as to say they preliminarily believe so, I think it very like is her.

I do not believe this was a random stranger but I could be way off on that assumption.

And it is solely jmo and guess.

Is there a map from her home to Panera Bread in relation to where her items and her car were found?
Could she have picked someone up who was hitchhiking?

ETA Also where the pond was.

Last edited:
The Panera is about 1.5- 2 miles due west of where her car was found. On the same street (a major E-W thoroughfare).
Adjacent to both the Panera and car locations are ramps leading to 465 which feeds into I65 from the 856 'dogleg'.
The pond is ~110 miles north on I65, directly off of the 109th Street exit from I65. Visible from the ramp.

The Panera is about 1.5- 2 miles due west of where her car was found. On the same street (a major E-W thoroughfare).
Adjacent to both the Panera and car locations are ramps leading to 465 which feeds into I65 from the 856 'dogleg'.
The pond is ~110 miles north on I65, directly off of the 109th Street exit from I65. Visible from the ramp.

Here's a map from Avon to Panera to the Crown Point pond.

Google Maps

Thank you both for being so prompt in replying to my request. It gives me a much clearer picture.

My thoughts -
She has a new car so it should have a readout of how many miles it had traveled before being shut off. If it was driven all the way north to Crown Point to dump her and then driven back to park it, it probably was someone from the area.
If the car shows it was parked there the whole time, she either went willingly or was taken by someone in another vehicle and she was dumped after the perp had left town.

Police and the Lake County coroner were able to identify a tattoo on the body’s foot that read “Najah,” Crown point police said in a statement. Confirmation of her identity is awaiting a DNA test, police said.

Remains of missing Indiana woman found in Crown Point
I wonder if they recovered more of her remains or just the foot? Finding the foot like that isn’t unusual. Human bodies naturally disarticulate (come apart at the joints) when decomp happens in water so hands and feet often disconnect from the rest of the body in a fairly short period of time.

I wonder if they recovered more of her remains or just the foot? Finding the foot like that isn’t unusual. Human bodies naturally disarticulate (come apart at the joints) when decomp happens in water so hands and feet often disconnect from the rest of the body in a fairly short period of time.
Well this is odd.... search was done and nothing further found??? I think they need to go back and look again!

upload_2019-4-9_16-54-5.png

Crown Point Police investigators were aided Tuesday by officers from the Department of Natural Resources and the Crown Point Fire Department with their search of the pond and surrounding areas located near the 1-65 and 109th interchange. The search was conducted by using underwater sonar, divers and a drone with a high-resolution camera. No additional remains or evidence were found, police said.

Fisherman finds foot in Crown Point pond

Well this is odd.... search was done and nothing further found??? I think they need to go back and look again!

View attachment 178783

Crown Point Police investigators were aided Tuesday by officers from the Department of Natural Resources and the Crown Point Fire Department with their search of the pond and surrounding areas located near the 1-65 and 109th interchange. The search was conducted by using underwater sonar, divers and a drone with a high-resolution camera. No additional remains or evidence were found, police said.

Fisherman finds foot in Crown Point pond

If only her foot is in the pond, that's like a one in a million find. Seems they'll be able to tell if she was dismembered :(

If only her foot is in the pond, that's like a one in a million find. Seems they'll be able to tell if she was dismembered :(

Possibly disarticulation?

Disappearance of soft tissue and the disarticulation of human remains from aqueous environments. - PubMed - NCBI

Could this have occurred within this timeframe with the water temperatures, etc at hand?

( @carbuff , @dotr , @watcher9 :
Iirc, they have experience from the “feet washing up” thread; I alerted you guys with same post and question in Amiah’s thread a few days ago)

—-
( ETA: Yes, there is a whole thread about this:
WA - WA/Canada - Human feet washing ashore

ETA2: Acutally there are several and I’d like to post them not to be off topic, but for reference material as try to determine if this would have been possible considering the variables in this case:

Identified! - SC - Charleston, Foot in shoe at City Marina, May'17 - Everett Middleton

ETA3: Actually there are two many to post and I don’t want to get too iffyopic, but do know there are many threads and references about disarticulation if one is so inclined to search)

ETA4:

This is not to say that dismemberment did not occur here. Which is why I want to know if under the current conditions lends itself to this for the periods between March 15 and April 8.

ETA5:

How big is this waterway, what is the area and depth? How could they not have found anything else

Last edited:
Possibly disarticulation?

Disappearance of soft tissue and the disarticulation of human remains from aqueous environments. - PubMed - NCBI

Could this have occurred within this timeframe with the water temperatures, etc at hand?

( @carbuff , @dotr , @watcher9 :
Iirc, they have experience from the “feet washing up” thread; I alerted you guys with same post and question in Amiah’s thread a few days ago)

—-
( ETA: Yes, there is a whole thread about this:
WA - WA/Canada - Human feet washing ashore

ETA2: Acutally there are several and I’d like to post them not to be off topic, but for reference material as try to determine if this would have been possible considering the variables in this case:

Identified! - SC - Charleston, Foot in shoe at City Marina, May'17 - Everett Middleton

ETA3: Actually there are two many to post and I don’t want to get too iffyopic, but do know there are many threads and references about disarticulation if one is so inclined to search)

ETA4:

This is not to say that dismemberment did not occur here. Which is why I want to know if under the current conditions lends itself to this for the periods between March 15 and April 8.

ETA5:

How big is this waterway, what is the area and depth? How could they not have found anything else

Seems to me bone from a disarticulated foot would look way different than a foot that was chopped off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back