IN - Nancy Dyer for child endangerment, Indianapolis, 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Opie said:
Those poor, poor babies. Wonder where their father(s) is/are, as this woman seems to be on her own with the children. I hope they are kept together in a wonderful loving home with someone capable of caring for them. I do hope we get to learn more details about this situation.

It was reported that the children's father is in Florida, and authorities are attempting to contact him.

Malapoo said:
Silly, Mom figured that poo would carry a stronger (and therefore further) smell then peeing on the walls!
Now that makes perfect sense to me. If she was smart enough to think of all that, then why didn't the beyotch get dogs instead of having babies! :D

Judging from the state of that poor little girl's diaper, I'm guessing there must have been poop everywhere! No wonder her brother let himself out of the house.

OT, but why is it that there are certain cases that just really get to you? I feel sad or upset or angry when I read cases like this, but then sometimes it just really gets to me. For some reason the sight of that baby girl in her filthy diaper has stuck in my mind. It breaks my heart.

Dear Lord, I need to respectfully tell you that creating mankind so that they could reproduce "automatically" wasn't the best idea. It should be that when people want to have children, they get counseling and then have to get a minor operation to enable reproduction. I think of all those people who struggle to have children and sometimes never do, but crack headed no goods can spit them out like Pez and treat them like Pez as well.

Mr. E said:
Did you see that baby's diaper? It reminded me of that Family Guy episode where Peter was in charge of Stewie because Lois was incarcerated. Stewie's diaper was dragging along the floor. This poor little girl's diaper was to her ankles, and she was filthy. Beautiful child. Mother had been asleep for two hours and didn't know her autistic son was even gone??? Okay, the kids are babies and shouldn't be left unattended, and he's autistic. The report said she has to go to court to get her kids back. I hope she doesn't bother.
I have seen that, it's dragging behind him and he can barely move! It reminded me of the diapers I see when my kids wake up. At that point it is ready to burst so we have to hurry, they can only hold so much. Jeez.
Who sleeps with a kid running around?

Mr. E said:
OT, but why is it that there are certain cases that just really get to you? I feel sad or upset or angry when I read cases like this, but then sometimes it just really gets to me. For some reason the sight of that baby girl in her filthy diaper has stuck in my mind. It breaks my heart.
Mr. E, I understand about certain cases getting to you, this one gets to me, too. I think the sight of that droppy, filthy, ankle-hanging diaper graphically demonstrates the lack of love, concern, tenderess, joy, even basic care, that these two little children are suffering. Sadly there are many more of them behind closed doors, it's very heartbreaking.

I understand when you move your place can get messy. With small kids life becomes a little overwhelming at the time. I been there done that many times actually we do it every 3 years being in the military. However....regardless of how tiring and how much work it is there is no excuse for poo on the walls and your babies walking around in diarrea filled diapers and mom to be in bed at 9am. The autistic boy escaping the house well obviously mom knew he was autistic and had attempted escapes before so she should of been prepared for that situation I don't care if it meant her sleeping in front of the door then that is what I would of done. My son is Autistic and I know all too well about their little escape habits. I almost lost my mind during that period of our life due to over exhaustion and worry.

The mother looks utterly defeated. My heart goes out to her and two these two children. Certainly, poverty and substance abuse appears to be at play in this case.

That's just so sad! I'm glad he's still alive.

There's a big difference between clutter and filth. I guarantee if you stop by my house that you will find clutter. But I can't imagine letting the house get like they're describing.

At one point, I had 3 kids age 2 and under, and I was tired and there were hundreds of diapers a week. But, poop on the walls? Never. Not even when we were all sick...

My kids diapers don't look that bad like the little girls in the morning. I was afraid my earlier post may be misunderstood. If the poo at night they wake up and I change it.

2sisters said:
My kids diapers don't look that bad like the little girls in the morning. I was afraid my earlier post may be misunderstood. If the poo at night they wake up and I change it.

LOL I think we all knew that. It looks like that diaper had not been changed in days...not just overnight. Poor kids....I hope she never tries to get them back.

I bet the kids woke up this morning, the first day of the new year, with clean clothes, in a clean environment, and with good, clean food to eat. I know they probably wonder where their Mom is, but it doesn't look she was doing much that they will miss. They looked to be pretty much on auto-pilot. Mr. E commented on how much this case has stuck with him, and I totally agree. Did you notice the smile on the little girls face when she was running around? She was cute as a button, and so sad. I hope it is the first day of a very good year for all of them.....including the mother.

Reannan said:
I bet the kids woke up this morning, the first day of the new year, with clean clothes, in a clean environment, and with good, clean food to eat. I know they probably wonder where their Mom is, but it doesn't look she was doing much that they will miss. They looked to be pretty much on auto-pilot. Mr. E commented on how much this case has stuck with him, and I totally agree. Did you notice the smile on the little girls face when she was running around? She was cute as a button, and so sad. I hope it is the first day of a very good year for all of them.....including the mother.

Amen. I don't think much of the mother but she definitely needs help and this brought attention to the situation and all three will be better off for it though I am sure the mother probably does not see it that way right now.

If she has a drug or alcohol problem, this may prompt her to change her life. If it is simply being overwhelmed and depressed, this will give her a break and time to think about how she can change her life.

I hope nothing but positives come from this almost tragedy. She needs to think about how close her son came to dying that morning.

And you can tell it wasn't just a wet diaper. That poor kid must have horrible diaper rash. And did you see her looking all bashful? She was so cute..even though she was filthy.

All I can say about this is: I am soooo happy this was documented on tv and on tape for future reference. I can remember a time when almost the very same incident happened in my home town. If it had not been for a female officer going in, taking pictures and documenting how the children were living, the kids would have been back with their mother. The male officers could not stand being in the filth so it was up to her.

The lady in the picture is difinately on or has been using some sort of drugs. It does not mean she does not love her children (RIGHT!), it is just that something else has become more important to her. I hate to say it but I doubt the father of these children will be much different.

:mad:

This is the second time that the little boy has been found wandering around outside alone and the second time the police have been called. I wonder if things looked a little different when they were called the first time. It seems like if the house was filthy and the kids were filthy they would have been taken away the first time or maybe someone dropped the ball the first time.

Looks like the little boy had a clean diaper on by the time the pictures were taken. That poor little girl though...I've never seen a diaper look like that and I raised 4 kids. One of my daughters used to pee so much during the night I swear her diaper weighed 5 lbs by morning! It still didn't look that awful.

I hope that this will be an incentive for the mother to get some help whatever type of help she needs. It bothers me that the trooper said that she didn't seem to care at all. If that is the case then the kids should be placed for adoption. Why try to work with a mother that could care less just to keep the family together like many CPS places do.

Mom looks like a meth abuser. And, stating that she does not "hear" her kids when she sleeps makes sense for a meth abuser. Those kids are darn lucky they're not with her anymore.

Bobbisangel said:
This is the second time that the little boy has been found wandering around outside alone and the second time the police have been called. I wonder if things looked a little different when they were called the first time. It seems like if the house was filthy and the kids were filthy they would have been taken away the first time or maybe someone dropped the ball the first time.

Looks like the little boy had a clean diaper on by the time the pictures were taken. That poor little girl though...I've never seen a diaper look like that and I raised 4 kids. One of my daughters used to pee so much during the night I swear her diaper weighed 5 lbs by morning! It still didn't look that awful.

I hope that this will be an incentive for the mother to get some help whatever type of help she needs. It bothers me that the trooper said that she didn't seem to care at all. If that is the case then the kids should be placed for adoption. Why try to work with a mother that could care less just to keep the family together like many CPS places do.

I agree with you Bobbi. I hope they children never have to go back to that "mother". She has had her chance with them.

Where is her family? I'm curious about them...have they tried to help at all? Or is a situation where they washed their hands of her long ago?

I think this woman needs a psychological examination and some mental help...especially since she will probably go on to have more children whether she gets these two back or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back