IN IN - Otterbein, WhtFem 55-65, UP58250, right side mastectomy, box in cornfield, Oct'76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Leonore Ruth Michel (51) missing 8/24/73 from Hamden, CT.

Greyhound bus clerk remembered selling her a ticket, but unaware of her destination.

Around same age as JD and both have gray hair. Similarities in the recon as well. No surgeries or scars are noted for Leonore. Although, there is a 3 year time frame between missing and when JD was found.

Just a suggestion as Leonore’s NamUs was modified today and I know JD is in active genealogical research. Either way, hope we know her name soon.

1720455138581.jpeg
1720455164102.jpeg

Just a suggestion as Leonore’s NamUs was modified today and I know JD is in active genealogical research.
RSBM

Leonore's profile was made public in the past hour, even though it was created 8 years ago.

I always wonder when I see situations like this one if the MP was thought to be a certain UID and when the test comes back negative they make the MP's profile public. I've seen this happen a few times in the past months with MP profiles that are clearly very old. Very curious what's up with that..

Last edited:
RSBM

Leonore's profile was made public in the past hour, even though it was created 8 years ago.

I always wonder when I see situations like this one if the MP was thought to be a certain UID and when the test comes back negative they make the MP's profile public. I've seen this happen a few times in the past months with MP profiles that are clearly very old. Very curious what's up with that..
I also wonder about that. Originally, I thought it was new to NamUs and then realized the case created date to be March 2016, so it was only modified but no exclusions are listed.

Even if there’s an active and ongoing investigation, you would think the case would be viewable for someone perusing NamUs that may know something and be able to provide a tip to the proper authorities.

I also wonder about that. Originally, I thought it was new to NamUs and then realized the case created date to be March 2016, so it was only modified but no exclusions are listed.

Even if there’s an active and ongoing investigation, you would think the case would be viewable for someone perusing NamUs that may know something and be able to provide a tip to the proper authorities.
It is strange. Maybe her case was created by family and it took a while to get a missing persons report in order to make her case public.
Oh, I’ve just noticed another strange thing about her profile: the case owner for her case is San Diego Sheriff’s Department. :oops:

It is strange. Maybe her case was created by family and it took a while to get a missing persons report in order to make her case public.
Oh, I’ve just noticed another strange thing about her profile: the case owner for her case is San Diego Sheriff’s Department. :oops:
Maybe they were able to determine that was the destination for the Greyhound bus ticket. Can’t wait to learn more.

Leonore's ancestry appears to be Ashkenazi Jewish. I think that's fairly genetically distinctive but nothing about Otterbein JD's ancestry appears to have been made public.

Leonore's ancestry appears to be Ashkenazi Jewish. I think that's fairly genetically distinctive but nothing about Otterbein JD's ancestry appears to have been made public.
Interesting. I’m now thinking Leonore should be compared to Olympia, WA JD found October 1981 even though she was estimated to be younger. I won’t elaborate further here since this is a totally different JD thread but may post over on UP8886 thread.

It is very distinctive, indeed. Id assume they would have publicized it. On the other hand, we had several Ashkenazi IDs (Philip Kahn, Ada Kaplan) recently where the genetics were obvious once you saw them but it was not really made public. Actually, Philips profile mentioned it briefly, Adas did not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronica Farnsworth
Back