GUILTY IN - Owen Collins, 3, Bluffton, 17 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a trend of not thinking rationally these days. Phoebe Jonchuck was just thrown off a bridge, a newborn was burned in the middle of the road, and who knows what all was done to Owen. It's like some evil cosmic force is throwing some people way off course.

There is a trend of not thinking rationally these days. Phoebe Jonchuck was just thrown off a bridge, a newborn was burned in the middle of the road, and who knows what all was done to Owen. It's like some evil cosmic force is throwing some people way off course.

Some people say it is kids having kids but back in the day parents were young, so I'm not sure what it is.

It's not "some evil cosmic force", it's meth usually.

I think I've come to the conclusion that the bioparents, the boyfriend, the 16yo, and many others all knew each other and partied together. I don't think any had a job, or means of living other than drugs.

(snip)

BLUFFTON – Zachary Barnes hasn’t had a job since August.

When the judge asked him Tuesday how he paid for his pack-a-day cigarette habit or how he supported himself, the 30-year-old with a tattoo emblazoned across the back of his neck said: “Just living.”

When asked whether he was under the influence of any drugs, he said: “I don’t think so.”

“I dunno,” said Barnes, clad in orange jail attire and a bullet-resistant vest inside the Wells Circuit Courtroom, when the judge pressed him to elaborate.

http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/A-tale-of-drugs--deceit-and-death-4581679

Well, then Mr. Obvious, do you think the Judge was born yesterday? My father (RIP) had a saying, "I may have been born AT night, but not LAST NIGHT!"

Seriously, every single person in that courtroom, in that house, and on this thread knows exactly what kind of business was going on at that address, and I have NO doubt it more than paid for cigarettes. In fact. It was HER trailer! He was living there and manufacturing and distributing meth in HER HOUSE around HER CHILDREN!

So, I'm thinking it's not a stretch that someone on the manufacturing/dealer level had enough to spare to play these kinds of games. I just never even considered the possibility that anyone would endanger CHILDREN to that level. It is still so disgustingly brutal that every time I think about it, I get physically ill.

I am impatiently awaiting felony MURDER charges on these two (and hoping that the 16 year old will be charged as an adult soon - he's earned it). I believe he could qualify as an accessory after the fact (IANAL, but the brutality of the crime should translate in the charging documents IMO. I believe the State is building their case to the best of their ability. I have to believe this! :please: )

Is there any possibility of the DP in this case? I know, it's a double edged sword, but I had to ask.

Thank you to every single one of you who are fighting for Justice for Owen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice For Owen
https://m.facebook.com/justiceforowen

This page has over 6,000 likes. It appears to be focused on spreading awareness, and positivity.

I can't tell who the admin is, so I'm alerting my own post to make sure this is Ok to share.

The meth production is one thing, but I have also never known of a meth addict that did not also steal. The two tend to go hand in hand.

<font color="black">Barnes said Arnold’s son was missing, that he had been taken from the trailer, that the door was open and the boy was gone and that Arnold may have committed suicide.

<font color="black">“I’m going to jail for the rest of my life,” said Barnes, according to the court documents.

http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/A-tale-of-drugs--deceit-and-death-4581679

I think that Barnes was coming back to murder Arnold and was going to stage it as a suicide

<font color="black">Barnes said Arnold’s son was missing, that he had been taken from the trailer, that the door was open and the boy was gone and that Arnold may have committed suicide.

<font color="black">“I’m going to jail for the rest of my life,” said Barnes, according to the court documents.

I think that Barnes was coming back to murder Arnold and was going to stage it as a suicide

That's a dastardly (and entirely possible) thought.

Yikes.

Then he could make it look like she's killed her kid, then herself out of greif/remorse/guilt, etc.

Yes, but it seems he is mentally ill based on his irrational behavior as noted by his lawyer who had called LE.

What are the odds that 3 people in the Collins' case are mentally ill?

SMH

I think he planned on taking her with him but in his hopped up methed out been up for several days mode he overdramatized how distraught Arnold was when talking to his family members. The idea may have been to beg for funds in order to search for poor missing possibly wandered away possibly kidnapped Owen. Then use those funds gotten from family to bolt to parts unknown.

I do not want to nor am I encouraging any sleuthing of bio dad but with reports that "door was wide open" being thrown into the initial story I do wonder if Barnes initially planned on dumping the body in a location near to or accessible to bio dad to try to push blame for missing/dead child onto Owen's own father.

We will probably never know but people on meth are said to think they are having brilliant thoughts when they are actually nonsense or gibberish much of the time. MOO.

We will probably never know but people on meth are said to think they are having brilliant thoughts when they are actually nonsense or gibberish much of the time.

Very true.

I'm afraid they will not get murder charges because they will say it was unintentional:(

I haven't posted yet in this thread bc I've had nothing to say or contribute that has not already been mentioned. Like all of you, I am blown away, disgusted, sad, angry...its just unfathomable and unbelievable what was done to little Owen.

I can't help but think about this case from the perspective of a teacher, being that that is my occupation: I keep thinking to myself, if Owen had made his way to one of my classrooms one day, and I noticed that he was developmentally challenged or having issues (which I would imagine he would have had he survived), there is no way I would or could have fathomed that it could likely be because he was given meth in his bottle as a 3 year old! I mean, that wouldn't even cross my mind, kwim? And the poor little guy would not even know himself, being he was so young (unless it continued)...anyway, all of this is irrelevant, as Owen is deceased, but just wanted to share what crossed my mind as a teacher.

I hope these poor excuses of human beings never see the light of day again.

I'm afraid they will not get murder charges because they will say it was unintentional:(

Oh, I think the "fun" comment is enough to put him/them away for a long time. At least second degree or manslaughter.

But it is unclear how this child actually died! If he died of a drug overdose, it is murder! 3 year olds don't put meth in their own bottles. In my opinion, they admitted to previously drugging the kids. There is no room for anyone to claim any accidents here. MOO

Well, additional charges were filed but not what we were hoping for. See WANE.com

BLUFFTON, Ind. (WANE) &#8211; The two adults charged in the death of a 3-year-old whose body was found badly burned in the woods in rural Wells County are each facing six felony charges.
Zachary Barnes and Breanna Arnold both face the following charges:

• Neglect of a dependent resulting in death &#8211; level 1 felony
  • Two counts of neglect of a dependent &#8211; level 5 felony
  • Obstruction of justice &#8211; level 6 felony
  • Altering the scene of death &#8211; level 6 felony
  • Abuse of corpse &#8211; level 6 felony
http://wane.com/2015/01/22/charges-filed-against-those-accused-in-3-year-olds-death/

Thank you georgiasblu for the heads up on this new info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back