Found Deceased IN - Paul Etter wanted for Kidnapping, Tippecanoe County, 22 June 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Throwing this in here just so it is in our records. He apparently had his license suspended previously (@1999) fo 10 years, and appealed

Paul Etter v. State
IN THE
COURT OF APPEALS OF INDIANA

PAUL ETTER, ) ) Appellant-Petitioner, ) ) vs. ) No. 79A05-9811-PC-571 ) STATE OF INDIANA, ) ) Appellee-Respondent. )

APPEAL FROM THE TIPPECANOE COUNTY COURT
The Honorable Gregory J. Donat, Judge
Cause No. 79E01-9403-CF-115

Paul Etter appeals the denial of his petition for post-conviction relief. Etter raises one issue on appeal, which we restate as: whether the post-conviction court erred by denying his petition.
We affirm.
The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles ("BMV") suspended Etter's driving privileges for ten years on May 22, 1992 because it determined he was an habitual traffic violator.

Continued at link above

Yes he shot himself in the head but it didn't "work" the sheriff said but he fell down. Then got back up and shot himself a second time. That's what I think I heard anyway. EMT then went in.

I am sad for all of LE/med and others who had to witness this. I am thankful he did not open fire on others.

I pray in all the time he was fleeing he did not hurt anyone or they find other females during that time on the run he could of hurt.
What a real life boogie man. In the dark of night. Could he also of hunted in the day?

I’m wondering after he took the first shot to the head why swat didn’t run in and take him down. 5 minutes is a lot of time. Yes I understand it was to protect LE and it’s not a movie but I think I’m just surprised they let him sit there for that long. Wish they sniped his leg and got him alive. I think I just want some answers and am upset it ended this way.

So DUI car infractions assault being accused of rape and kidnap. High category sex offender but not the death penalty. Does that justify shooting yourself in the head twice? Maybe but I’m tending to think there is more to his life of crime. Something big he was running from.

So DUI car infractions assault being accused of rape and kidnap. High category sex offender but not the death penalty. Does that justify shooting yourself in the head twice? Maybe but I’m tending to think there is more to his life of crime. Something big he was running from.

I don’t know... feeling a bit depleted after having some posts deleted. I feel there is more to him and why he had handcuffs and legcuffs. I know his property will be searched. We will see what comes from it. Night all!

So it’s been a few hours since this thing ended and I've had sometime to think about it all.

I’ll admit I’m tired from juggling today’s events and working my job at the same time. If this sounds like crazy talk please feel free to talk me off the ledge...

He does this kidnapping, SA crime and has been hiding out ever since. I don’t think he could have been aware of the magnitude of the manhunt for him, not unless he was held up in someone’s home and access to TV or internet.

Yes I understand the crime committed was horrific but it wasn’t murder, no I think he knew the gig was up and there is so much more to this. I guess time will tell.

I think so too - they need to run his dNA against Indiana Ohio etc assaults on women - there’s no reason for him to take his life over one assault IMO - he looks evil

So it’s been a few hours since this thing ended and I've had sometime to think about it all.

I’ll admit I’m tired from juggling today’s events and working my job at the same time. If this sounds like crazy talk please feel free to talk me off the ledge...

He does this kidnapping, SA crime and has been hiding out ever since. I don’t think he could have been aware of the magnitude of the manhunt for him, not unless he was held up in someone’s home and access to TV or internet.

Yes I understand the crime committed was horrific but it wasn’t murder, no I think he knew the gig was up and there is so much more to this. I guess time will tell.
Yeah, my thoughts are a little all over the place about PE. We don't know his mental state pre-attack. The cuffs are strange and make me question his past, for sure.

But even if, in fact, money troubles and vehicle infractions were the sum of his problems up until the assault, I can see that being enough for him to do what he did. Not wanting to face his family could have been enough, IMO.

Here is something I wonder why in the heck would he be driving around mid-day in a stolen vehicle? Wouldn’t it be smarter and easier to travel at night? Especially since the vehicle was so easy to spot with it’s strange flatbed. Maybe he isn’t very smart just got lucky a few times in the past and gave him confidence. Maybe “hiding in plain sight” was his modus operandi.

It's going to drive me crazy if they can't rule this guy in/out of the Delphi case. I guess we'll have to be patient and wait, but I gotta weird feeling about this dude.
So do I from the first minute I saw him I recognized something in him. Maybe just evil oozing from him but I’m going with my gut he resembles a video we have all seen.

So do I from the first minute I saw him I recognized something in him. Maybe just evil oozing from him but I’m going with my gut he resembles a video we have all seen.
What is it? I just can’t pinpoint it but I’ve just got to agree with you.

I watched the video again about an hour ago and all I see is this guy! I’ve never seen the puppies, goats, disabilities and all of the rest but ever since Saturday I just see PE.

I’m not talking about the sketches old or new, I’m talking straight out the video.

What is it? I just can’t pinpoint it but I’ve just got to agree with you.

I watched the video again about an hour ago and all I see is this guy! I’ve never seen the puppies, goats, disabilities and all of the rest but ever since Saturday I just see PE.

I’m not talking about the sketches old or new, I’m talking straight out the video.
Something clicked when I saw his mugshot. I just knew. I’ve never seen puppies or goats either!! Maybe Mannerisms (head hung low) and the little bit of facial recognition we were allowed to see.

Very strange indeed. What did he take to his grave with him? What was said in those 5 hours of standoff. Why did he want media there?
So many whys and what if's.
Did he do something so unforgivable? Or did he know someone who did?
If he had his mind made up, maybe he wanted media there so he could leave a message for his family. I'm sad for the pain his family must be in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back