GUILTY IN - Sherry Loehrlein, 52, slain, daughters injured, Darmstadt, 23 Jan 2017 *Spouse Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chellsie Brown
‏ @Chellsie14News
2m2 minutes ago

Jury listening to deposition on video from a psychologist right now. We are not able to see this video only Jury but we can hear the questions being asked.

A test was given to Loehrlein to test sanity. The test is called MMPI2. A person of good mental health gets a score of around 50. We are waiting to hear how Loehrlein scored.

Test found that depression and social introversion scales were elevated for Loehrlein.

Chellsie Brown
‏ @Chellsie14News
3m3 minutes ago

Psychologist found “Flat” “narrow range” of emotions Loehrlein.

Psychologist also gave Loehrlein a personality test.
Highest scales were anxiety/depression.
One of the lower scales was aggression.
Dominance scale is a score of 24 which psychologist says is quite frankly just about as low as you can get.

“I was struck about how little emotional skills he had.” Psychologist

This was an idea that came to him. This feelings going to last forever. I have to do something. That’s the feeling the psychologist had about how Loehrlein was feeling before the incident.

tweets are coming in slowly....

Chellsie Brown
‏ @Chellsie14News
13mins
Taking a short recess. When we come back defense wants to call Clint Loehrlein to the stand. @14News

Loehrlein says he understands he has the right to testify or not testify if he so chooses.

Loehrlein is taking the stand now @14News

Loehrlein was married to his wife for 26 years. They had three children together.

Loehrlein feels his children had a normal upbringing.

Chellsie Brown
‏ @Chellsie14News
3m3 minutes ago

Clint Loehrlein said he didn’t want to move but they bought a second house anyways. They realized they couldn’t move to the second house because Sherry Loehrlein had “balance” issues and the new home was two stories.

Defense asking Clint Loehrlein about his finances after buying second home. He says he put a down payment on the home of more than $100k. He says he still had about $100k in his account to help pay for the second home.

Loehrlein says when they decided to try to sell the home...his sleep problems started. He was worried they wouldn’t be able to sell the house.

Loehrlein says his loss of sleep effected his thought process.

Loehrlein left work early Friday before the incident. He says he was having trouble driving home.

On Sunday they stayed home watching “religious programs.” He said it made his wife Sherry feel better.

On Monday Clint said he woke up feeling numb and tired. His wife told him to not go to work.

Defense now asking Loehrlein to describe the events of the day of the incident.

Loehrlein doesn’t remember that day from beginning to end. He says there are “images in my mind.” But he can’t see it clearly from beginning to end.

Chellsie Brown
‏ @Chellsie14News
3m3 minutes ago

After he got dressed that morning. He said he got an overwhelming feeling. He felt he had an unfixable problem.

“I felt I didn’t have nothing to give. I lost my house. I lost my family. “ Clint Loehrlein

Loehrlein says he saw a gun. “I seen the gun there.” He said he thought if he shot everyone and himself they would be in heaven together.

He remembers seeing Nicole, his daughter in the shower. He doesn’t remember shooting her. He then remembers being in the kitchen with a knife in his hand.

Chellsie Brown
‏ @Chellsie14News
3m3 minutes ago

“I had seen one of my daughters running out the door. I wanted to get to heaven. I remember chasing her.” Loehrlein

“I remember wanting to kill myself because I wanted to be with my family.” Loehrlein

Loehrlein tried to stab himself in the stomach but says it was too hard to stab himself

Loehrlein remembers getting tased he felt a burning sensation. The next thing he remembers them taking the breathing tube out.

Chellsie Brown
‏ @Chellsie14News
2m2 minutes ago

Loehrlein says when he woke up in the hospital he didn’t remember what he had done.

In the first interview Clint told detectives he didn’t kill his wife and said she was the best. He expressed he was surprised that his wife was dead when he was told at the hospital.

He later remembered his “mania” “obsession” he had.

Loehrlein says the overriding issue was his lack of sleep

Defense “Is there any reason you would want Sherry dead?”
Loehrlein “No. other than to go to heaven.”

Loehrlein says this was not premeditated. He first thought to do this after he got dressed and saw a gun.

He said as soon as he saw the gun it took him a second to decide that that was what he must do. He didn’t think about it be criminally wrong.

State now questioning Clint Loehrlein.

Chellsie Brown
‏ @Chellsie14News
2m2 minutes ago

State: Did you intend to stab your daughter?
Loehrlein “Yes.”
He reiterates he wanted them to go to heaven.

Loehrlein says he wished he had not done it. Yes.

State: “You did attempt to kill Nicole and Cynthia that is correct ?”
Loehrlein “That is correct.”
Nicole and Cynthia are Clint Loehrleins daughters.

State: Did you want to get rid of Sherry and the girls?
Loehrlein doesn’t like that use of words. He prefers to say he wanted to get them to heaven.

State “you told detectives Sherry moved after she was shot.” He doesn’t recall saying that.
Loehrlein remembers his daughter Cynthia saying “I love you.” ..as he stabbed her.

If anyone is reading here - I'm going to hit the hay - as it is WAY past my bedtime. I shall continue tomorrow - and leave you all in suspense! :)

okay.... here's the rest of what happened yesterday, August 30th:

Chellsie Brown
‏ @Chellsie14News
10h10 hours ago

Clint says he doesn’t remember shooting Sherry. He assumed he shot all his girls in the head.

“I didn’t know where I shot any of my daughters until yesterday.” Clint Loehrlein

State: Did you send a text to Sherry that said “I’ll shoot myself. Take the insurance money?”
Clint says he needs to see the texts to remember.

Clint Loehrlein is looking at the texts now.

Loehrlein says he can’t see the texts without his glasses. He doesn’t have his glasses. Judge loaned him his. He can now see the texts.

Loehrlein says he googled how to burn a house down but says it was a “humorous” site.

Clint Loehrlein “The motive was to take my family to heaven with myself. “

Clint Loehrlein understands killing someone is wrong.

Loehrlein says he felt like a “Zombie” when he was doing this.

He says that means he had no emotion. No thought. Just trying to get his family to heaven.

State says Loehrlein previously stated “My wife was first she was on the couch sitting. I thought it would be painless.” He says he doesn’t remember shooting his wife.

State: You killed your wife and tried to kill both your daughters. You don’t want to be held responsible do you ?
Loehrlein: “I’m asking them to find me temporarily insane. That’s my goal.”

Jury asked if Loehrlein has made an attempt to see his daughters. He says he inquires often.

Loehrlein says he prays everyday for forgiveness, prays his daughters will forgive. (He is getting emotional.) He says they are the best kids. He is so proud of them. He can’t imagine the stress they are under.

and I previously forgot to post the link:
Chellsie Brown (@Chellsie14News) | Twitter

Chellsie Brown
‏ @Chellsie14News
9h9 hours ago

Loehrlein says he is not being treated for depression/anxiety at the jail. If released he would get treatment. He is stepping down from the stand.

Taking a brief recess now

Dr. George Parker, forensic psychiatrist is on the stand now.

Dr. Parker says he feels Loehrlein did not have a mental disease at the time of the incident. He did understand.

Based on the MMPI test there was no evidence of psychosis according to Dr. Parker

Mr. Loehrlein mentioned indirectly that there were marital problems to Dr. Parker.

“There was a clear sense that he felt stuck.” Dr. Parker

“He never heard voices. He denied being delusional.” Dr. Parker on Looehrlein.

Dr. Parker met with Loehrlein once for two hours. He’s spent about 15 hours total on this case approximately.

Dr. Parker “emotionally this is a difficult case.”

Dr. Parker says there was some awareness of what was happening. When a daughter ran, he chased her.

Dr. Parker is stepping down from the stand.

Chellsie Brown
‏ @Chellsie14News
8h8 hours ago

Dr. Donna Culley now on the stand.

Dr. Culley says her opinion is that Loehrlein did not have a severe mental disorder and did know the wrongfulness of his actions.

Dr. Culley did find Loehrlein had an insomnia disorder.

Defense : “Are there negative consequences of sleep deprivation.”
Dr. Culley “There can be yes.”

Finished for the day. Trial resumes at 9:30 tomorrow morning.

Friday, August 31st:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ 9:30am ET) - IN - Sherry Loehrlein (52) killed, daughters Nicole & Cynthia (20s) injured (Jan. 23, 2017) - Clinton Loehrlein (54) (husband/father) charged with murder, attempted murder, 2 counts of aggravated battery w/firearm (level 3 felony) & resisting LE (Class A Misdemeanor); No bond. Going for insanity defense. Trial started August 27th, should last 1 week.
8/27/18 Update: Day 1: State by Prosecutor Nicholas Hermann and DPA, Kevin McDaniel. Deft in person, in custody and by counsel, Robert Canada. Prior to commencement of trial, in chambers the Court grants the State's Motion in Limine Regarding Penalties. Cause comes on for trial by jury. Prospective jurors are sworn. Voir Dire examination is held. Fourteen (14) duly qualified Vanderburgh County residents are selected as jurors and sworn. Preliminary Instructions read. Opening statements of Counsel given. State orally moves for Separation of Witnesses. Court grants same. There being insufficient to conclude this matter, cause is adjourned until 8/28/2018 at 8:00 a.m.

8/28/18 Update: Day 2: Jury Trial continues. Testimony given by: The state calls Deputy Brandon Mattingly. He was called to the Loehrlein home that morning. Detective Mike Robinson with the Vanderburg Co. Sheriff’s Office. Nicole Loehrlein. Cynthia Loehrlein. Detective Jason King photographed the crime scene.
8/29/18 Update: Day 3: State witnesses today: Matthew Elrod with Vanderburgh Co. Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation. States rests. Defense witnesses: Mrs. Hauschild. Tom Hauschild. Clay Loehrlein, Clint’s brother. Mike Loehrlein, Clint's cousin. Ken Haynie. Haynie was the real estate agent for the Loehrlein’s new house. Chris Kirby, next door neighbor. Trial continues tomorrow (8/30) at 8am.
8/30/18 Update: Day 4: Defense witnesses: Dr. Cabrera was asked to perform a psychiatric consultation on Loehrlein. Dr. Tracy Gunter, a psychiatrist did a competence to stand trial evaluation on Loehrlein. Lt. Matthew Hill with Vanderburgh Co. Sheriffs Office, he has an expertise in cell phones. Video with Psychologist. Clint Loehrlein. Dr. George Parker, forensic psychiatrist. Dr. Donna Culley.

I will start the tweets when the trial begins, but will need to leave about 4pm my time so - oops - that's 10am there... I'm going out for a birthday dinner! :D
So I'll figure out "how" to get the tweets to you all later!

Katie Kapusta
‏ @Katie14News
2h2 hours ago

We are just now getting started. The judge is briefing the jury before final arguments

Closing arguments starting Friday in Loehrlein murder trial. @Beth14News and @Katie14News are in the courtroom>> Closing arguments underway in Loehrlein murder trial

Prosecution starts with final arguments. Starts with the little emotion Loehrlein showed when he found out his wife had passed

Talking about Loehrlein’s motive... saying Dr Parker yesterday stated Loehrlein couldn’t cope and snapped

Prosecution says Loehrlein’s stated he lacked sleep and had electrolyte imbalance and low sodium when asked what was wrong with him at the time of the incident. Prosecution says that is not a mental illness

Prosecution says three doctors found no evidence of a mental disease or defect

Prosecution: “You can not kill her (Cynthia) to send her to Heaven. You kill her to get rid of her.”

Prosecution reiterated that Loehrlein admitted and knew his actions were wrong

Link: Katie Kapusta (@Katie14News) | Twitter

Katie Kapusta
‏ @Katie14News
2h2 hours ago

Defense is now up. Says he appreciates the attention the jury has given to the case

Defense “I want you to think about those three interviews.” Requests they watch them again in deliberation

Defense: “Clint never made excuses.”

Defense: “He’s (Loehrlein) the most passive person you’ll ever meet.”

Defense says through those three interviews Loehrlein is genuine. Says Loehrlein wanted to testify despite knowing he would undergo a difficult cross examination because he wanted to tell what happened.

Defense says Loehrlein wasn’t getting any sleep over his financial troubles. Says he was becoming delusional

Defense argues that Loehrlein’s thought process of everyone of his family members going to Heaven is not something a rational person would think

Defense: “If there was evidence of a marital breakdown, we would have heard about it.”

Now talking about psychosis: explaining it’s typically described as an out of body experience. Loehrlein said he felt like a zombie during the incident

Defense: “He told the doctors and the prosecution he was guilty. That’s not the question. The question is was he in his right mind?”

Defense: “Did Clint think he was morally justified in killing him and his family? He did.”

We are in a brief recess. Defense is still in the middle of their closing arguments

Katie Kapusta
‏ @Katie14News
34m34 minutes ago

We are back. Defense: “Sometimes really good people make really bad decisions... you have to ask yourself, if it wasn’t insanity, what was it?”

Defense finishes up. Prosecution is back with a few more statements

Prosecutor Nick Herman is arguing Loehrlein didn’t show signs of a brief psychotic episode. Didn’t have hallucinations, it lasted about 15 minutes

Herman asks the jury to read into Loehrlein’s emotions. Herman said the defendant only got emotional during the trial when he was on the stand talking about a wall in their home that fell down.

Hermann urges jury to return with verdict of guilty on all charges. Jury will now deliberate

So - VERDICT WATCH!! or reading jurors' instructions? That last tweets was 15 minutes ago. So I'll keep an eye on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back