GUILTY IN - Skylea Carmack, 10, Gas City, Grant County, 31 Aug 2019 *stepmom arrested* *appeal filed 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Those items were probably placed in the shed just before her visit to police. She planned to put them in the trash too, so if the dump was searched it all matched her description.

I’m recalling another recent case I learned about where the stepfather killed his wife’s two little boys. They were found in the shed on property which supposedly had accidentally caught on fire. Not only did he treat these boys worse than his own kids in the home, he also had a financial motive which was their life insurance policies.

Long story short: LE was able to determine by the boys’ final resting positions in the shed that the stepfather’s version of them going to play with matches in the shed couldn’t be true. They were lying down as if asleep, etc. Not huddled in a corner, etc which LE says is what often happens.

My point is that LE was very able to determine that the stepfather’s version of how everything went down was totally false. If there is any BS re: Skylea’s case, the forensic evidence will be able to prove that. Still catching up, but so far the strangulation seems pretty cut and dry.

ETA:

“"(Amanda Carmack) stated she doesn't remember all of the details but she remembers being on top of (Skylea) in the barn," Beachy wrote. "She started choking her with her hands then she thinks she tied something around her neck."

Police found Skylea's body about 3 a.m. Wednesday, curled tight in the bottom of a trash bag. A pair of multicolored pants were knotted around the child's neck.”

Reference quote:

You know, I’m trying to imagine if I were in a relationship with a mate who didn’t care for my children, I think I would notice. You can tell if someone is being caring or not, imo.

Of course I would never be in that situation to begin with, because if someone didn’t like my kids (or my dogs), well then he’d be the one to hit the road. I wouldn’t pursue the relationship further.

So, how long was he with this woman? There were obviously flags everywhere.

Emily Glass much?

Two years, as far as I understand, and on Indy TV/radio SM pages there are screenshots of the arguments dad’s multiple exes (five?) had two years ago when he was leaving the previous SM for AC. It is impossible to read this open outflow of emotions (to put it mildly), mixed with stories of their lives with KC, and mutual accusations of abusing Skylea, all intermingled with drug talks and the rest. It is Bedlam.

Good lord, talk about airing your dirty laundry on social media:

Amanda Carmack

(Sitting on my hands)

Quite a read, moo.

I don’t think we can discuss anyone but AC, right?
Because I have some thoughts about biomom and bio dad.

Scroll down to the very beginning - the first post - and the comments. That was mom number 4, I assume.

I mean, her duet with Amanda would have been even funny because it was meant for the whole world to see, only the kid, Skylea, had to live in this filth. Other kids probably suffer from profound PTSD, too.

I don’t think we can discuss anyone but AC, right?
Because I have some thoughts about biomom and bio dad.

Scroll down to the very beginning - the first post - and the comments. That was mom number 4, I assume.

I mean, her duet with Amanda would have been even funny because it was meant for the whole world to see, only the kid, Skylea, had to live in this filth. Other kids probably suffer from profound PTSD, too.

Yes, we can only discuss AC.

Good lord, talk about airing your dirty laundry on social media:

Amanda Carmack

(Sitting on my hands)

Quite a read, moo.
I don't know far you read, but the guy that took her out of there for a bit- my heart hurt for him.

Oh Skylea, just on this board alone, you would have gained 100 plus loving parents. This just breaks my heart into a million pieces! How could anybody do this to a child? This really ticks me off- my swear meter's rising.........

I don't know far you read, but the guy that took her out of there for a bit- my heart hurt for him.

Oh Skylea, just on this board alone, you would have gained 100 plus loving parents. This just breaks my heart into a million pieces! How could anybody do this to a child? This really ticks me off- my swear meter's rising.........

(I said “quite a read” when I started looking, but frankly I couldn’t get through it. I didn’t have my Jerry Springer decoder. It’s awful, kids being innocent victims and casualties in all this CRAP.)

Last edited:
Oh my God, that just hurts to read that. That poor sweet girl.

It also doesn’t match the killers story either. I’m not sure how you do what she described to a child in the fetal position? Unless from behind.

Maybe she was placed into the fetal position to make her smaller and easier to conceal.

I don’t know if one is better. They both make me sick. I think this is going to be a case where many people should be held accountable but only one of them is.

Prevent Child Abuse Indiana wants to remind citizens that everyone is a mandated reporter in Indiana, meaning we are all required to report suspected child abuse and neglect to the Department of Child Services hotline at 1-800-800-5556.

It’s unclear if anyone reported the suspected child abuse to the Indiana Department of Child Services.

“Unfortunately, Indiana confidentiality laws prohibit us from commenting on DCS involvement (or lack thereof) with a family,” Noelle Russell, a spokeswoman for DCS said.

A new law that took effect July 1 also prevents disclosure of DCS records, even in the event of a child fatality or near fatality, until the criminal prosecution is finished.

Prevent Child Abuse Indiana program director Sandy Runkle says you can reported to DCS anonymously, and DCS is not allowed to reveal who reported the suspected abuse or neglect.

"Every citizen in Indiana, if they have reason to believe that child is a victim of abuse or neglect they must make a report," Runkle said.

Signs of child abuse can include unexplained bruising, changes in behavior, withdrawal from friends, fear of a caregiver or parents, attempts at running away, frequent absences from school and self-harm.

Amanda posted on Facebook on Aug. 22 she was frustrated one of her children was sneaking food.
Advocates remind citizens they are mandated to report abuse

Helmuth said she used to let Amanda watch her adopted 3-year-old.

“She was my babysitter,” said Helmuth. “He came home and said ‘Amanda is mean.’”

Helmuth said he didn’t say why she was mean, but Helmuth noticed the boy would come home hungry.

“Then I find out that the kids had to ask permission for everything,” said Helmuth.

She said her son, Kevin, is blaming himself for not knowing.

“Kevin is like ‘mom, why didn’t they tell me?’ Well, they were scared,” said Helmuth.

She wishes her fear wouldn’t have stopped her from speaking up.

“If you think anything, it doesn’t hurt to make a phone call, just for safety reasons,” said Helmuth. “And if anybody would get upset about that, then there is something wrong.”

She doesn’t want others to feel this same guilt.

“If I checked it out, maybe Skylea would be alive,” said Helmuth.

The thought of her granddaughter’s last moments is haunting her.

“I just wish we could have pulled her out before, and pulled all the kids out before all this,” said Helmuth. “We all miss her, we all love her, but yeah, she is definitely in a better place than living with her.
Grandma of girl allegedly murdered by stepmom saw troubling signs

Police say they found the pillow, blanket and backpack Amanda described Skylea taking from the house when she called Gas City Police officers Saturday around 9:10 a.m. to report Skylea missing. During the autopsy, Skylea was reportedly wearing the shoes, pants and shirt Amanda described to police.

Police confirmed the information Kevin provided using GPS location information and other phone data, adding that he was “very cooperative and forthcoming” in interviews.

Approximately two hours passed between when the child found Amanda crying and when the child heard Amanda call police, according to the affidavit.

Police say there was a five and one-half hour gap in phone activity, according to data obtained from Amanda’s phone, between 3:30 p.m. and nearly 9 p.m. Saturday.
The Chronicle-Tribune - chronicle-tribune.com

Grandma of murdered Gas City girl says she saw signs from accused stepmom

Father of missing 10-year-old from Gas City speaks out
———-
A couple of things really stood out in that article. Just my opinion....

1)“Helmuth said Amanda didn’t allow her to see Skylea very often but when she did, Helmuth had concerns. Now, she regrets staying quiet about them.”

“I’ve always said that there was something wrong,” said Helmuth.”

“Her father said Skylea has a history of running away but usually she goes to his mom’s house.”

• Grandmother (Helmut) had concerns. Always said something was wrong. Who was she always saying this to? The man in the moon? Did she ever think about picking up the phone and calling someone? How about asking her son what the h*ll is going on with HIS daughter? And the father says she has a history of running away to his mothers-yet grandmother says she didn’t see her much. Yeah, sure.
———-
2) “Helmuth said she used to let Amanda watch her adopted 3-year-old.”

“She was my babysitter,” said Helmuth. “He came home and said ‘Amanda is mean.’”

•Grandmother (Helmuth) let Amanda babysit a 3 year old. Yet didn’t get to see Skylea. And still didn’t do a thing.
——-
3) “She said her son, Kevin, is blaming himself for not knowing.”

“Kevin is like ‘mom, why didn’t they tell me?’ Well, they were scared,” said Helmuth.”

•Why didn’t they tell him? Is there something wrong with his eyes and ears? She was his only biological child living with that witch.
——
4) “I just wish we could have pulled her out before, and pulled all the kids out before all this,” said Helmuth. “We all miss her, we all love her, but yeah, she is definitely in a better place than living with her.”

•But yeah, she is definitely in a better place than living with her. Good lord, what kind of statement is that?

It's weird that she let that woman babysit her 3 yr old, when she already was suspicious of her treatment of her granddaughter.

And when I needed a babysitter for my 3 yr old, I doubt I would have left him with a woman who already had 7 kids to watch. It doesn't seem like a very safe place for one more child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back