IN - Terry and Darleen Anderson Murder, Mungo, 22 Oct 2005 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Rosco,

I hope all is A-Ok with all the critters. Animals are little bundles of love and it sucks when they are sick.

I was finally able to post on the AMW site under roblyn11. Just. sending you love, prayers, and hope for Justice. It will happen.

Thank-you so much, i would be honored to be your friend. and help in ANY small way that i can. just let me know. Anytime-Anywhere-Anyday

Have a good weekend

Hey Yall' Been pretty busy with everything.

Sad - We had to put my Flea Flickin' Flyod (aka Flea) to sleep last thursday. He was our youngest of four at 12yrs old. He was a rescue and at 8weeks old when we found each other... we gave each other 12 wonderful years together...
We now have 3 that are over 15yrs. (YIKES)
Broke our hearts to have to make that choice. Had tumor in his mouth - found a few weeks back. Big surprise for us as we thought it might have been a bad tooth.
Had gotten bad enough and grew so large that we decided it was for the best. :(

IMG_1472.jpg

My Flea.

Sorry for such a HUGE pic... Dont know how to make is smaller..
It's the only pic i have on my PC at work.

So hard to say goodbye. Just miss him so much....

(( now you all know my computer at home and who hangs (used to) out with me when I am typing LOL.. ))

All my love
Rosco

Awww Hugs Rosco Im sorry you had to put your Cat down :(
Looks a lot like a Stray that we had for many years until we moved and she ran away :(

Her name was Tammy

Aww, what a handsome feller he was!

(((Hugs))) I hope your little guy is handling it well.

Oh Rosco I am so sorry. It is so hard to say good-bye to our pets especially when it seems like they are leaving us before they should. I had to have one of my cats put to sleep a few years ago for the very same reason. The tumor had gotten so big it was affecting his ability to eat. He was only 8 yrs old.

I burst out in tears just thinking about Everest (10 yr old cat) not being here any more. We have been together since I found him in bad shape as a kitten, nursed him back to health and we have had such a unique bond ever since and I love him so much.

You did the right thing. There is no point in prolonging their suffering and yours. It is a difficult, selfless decision to make.

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Thanks so much everyone. Flea was such a geat kitty. :cat:
They all are great!! All my animals... Hard when you know when it's the right time to say goodbye.

I do feel better knowing we made the right choice and not letting him suffer anymore than he had.

Still no matter how hard and how bad my heart is broken.. I will certainly ALWAYS have fur-babies around in my life. It's a must!:heart:

DS is so smart... We talked to him about Flea and 'Kitty Heaven' and I said that Flea is now with Grandpa Terry
and Grandma Darleen - and he said "SO he's DEAD?"... (( stinker )) I said yes honey.. he is dead.
He has taken it pretty well (so far). But Flea and DS were not really square together. DS liked to chase him
around and Flea kept far away most of the time.

NOW.. Socks (one of our 15yr + kitties) and DS.... they are a team. Socks is my 'social butterfly' and is
always in your face on your lap or following you from room to room.
He will be the one DS might have a hard time with when he passes.

All my love-
Rosco

Roscoe, I have spent a few days reading ALL the threads here and all the Mungo thread atTopix. I think I recall hearing something about the murders in the news at the time but I never knew the details. I certainly do now! I'm so sorry for your family's loss of Terry and Darleen....and what a great loss indeed to their family and friends; they sound like wonderful, good-hearted people with a life full of fun and love. Your dad had so much knowledge as a woodsman, fisherman and craftsman and I'm glad he got to share some of that with his kids and grandkids. It is so wonderful you had reconnected with him and developed a close relationship with him and Darleen. I have had people I dearly love die and it is so hard to say goodbye, but I have never had to face a loved one dying by murder. It is hard to imagine what you have gone through, and I applaud your energy and determination at keeping this in the media.

One thing that struck me, I think there were two different comments that mentioned something about the business truck(s) I wish I had copied them but you probably know what I mean. did one say something about the truck being seen by some storage sheds? I wondered if someone were transporting contraband (drugs?, guns? stolen car parts? etc.?) under cover of the business and Terry had found out, or they were afraid he had found out.

Terry went back to the store again, right? I'm thinking of whether someone could have entered the barn while he was gone and been hiding waiting for him. Would he have gone to the store without his false teeth? If not, then it seems he would have gone in the house when he returned from the store and if Darleen had seen someone arrive and go to the barn she'd have told him. (which I think was one theory for why she was killed, because she had seen the visitor?)

I will write some more thoughts later.

P.s. sorry to hear about your kitty Flea. Is he the one who had lost so much weight? I love my animal friends and I know it is very hard to lose them. I think surely animals must go to heaven, so I feel you will see Flea again.
I have a Siamese who "helps" me at the computer too.

Hi Ariane... :blowkiss:
Thanks so much for reading and supporting Dad and Darleen's justice.

Thanks for the Flea sorries. Yea our fur-friends are soooo great. Flea was NOT the one who had lost a bunch of weight. That one is Socks. He is still ok.. but he is well into his 15yrs-ish or older.
Love them so much... :blowkiss:

I still hear phantom Flea meows around the house. He was our vocalist. He meowed all the time.. Singin.. and singin...
House is really quiet now.. :(

The post ur talking about was actually from a person on the Mongo Topix.. and I don't know who that person was/is. I'll have to go back on the topix thread and read. Near the begining. Maybe the first 15pages or so. Said something to the effect of ----
'someone has to start telling the truth as to where the company truck was-they had seen it someplace ...parked..'

I don't think that someone was hiding in the shop - Could be... SURE..
Dad's place had a back-road/side road that let on the side of the house/barn/shop.. like a back lane or 'rear door' for the property.
Anyone could park across the street in the DNR lots and walk down a 1/2 block and not be noticed. Dad lived in open land. No close neighbors. I've thought of that a hundred times. Still think could be possible that the vehicle GM seen drive up the road/house had nothing to do with the murders. Dad lived across from DNR state ground for hunting and there are public areas to park (like little parking lots) right across from Dads place there are two.
If you Google Earth dad's place.. and go right up to the property - you will notice the lane that goes around the entire property - just outside the limits the corn/bean fields of Fisher's Property (that's the property just behind/on side of Dad's place. And you will notice the DNR parking lots.

BUT BUT BUT.. :waitasec: what changes that thought (for me) is ROSCO.. He would have smelled ANYONE on the property. He would have barked up a storm... tied up or not. He was outside. (?) think???

I think it was the vehicle that drove up that night. Darleen seen who. They went to confront Dad for money or something.. or borrow..or even confront him with something else he knew and was going to tell...(still thinking about YOUR thought of dealing :waitasec:Hummm) ... and Darleen knew who was at the house/barn.

Still don't understand how Grandma survived. She could have seen too but murder/s let her live.

Thanks again...:blowkiss:
Rosco.

Roscoe, I have spent a few days reading ALL the threads here and all the Mungo thread atTopix. I think I recall hearing something about the murders in the news at the time but I never knew the details. I certainly do now! I'm so sorry for your family's loss of Terry and Darleen....and what a great loss indeed to their family and friends; they sound like wonderful, good-hearted people with a life full of fun and love. Your dad had so much knowledge as a woodsman, fisherman and craftsman and I'm glad he got to share some of that with his kids and grandkids. It is so wonderful you had reconnected with him and developed a close relationship with him and Darleen. I have had people I dearly love die and it is so hard to say goodbye, but I have never had to face a loved one dying by murder. It is hard to imagine what you have gone through, and I applaud your energy and determination at keeping this in the media.

One thing that struck me, I think there were two different comments that mentioned something about the business truck(s) I wish I had copied them but you probably know what I mean. did one say something about the truck being seen by some storage sheds? I wondered if someone were transporting contraband (drugs?, guns? stolen car parts? etc.?) under cover of the business and Terry had found out, or they were afraid he had found out.

Terry went back to the store again, right? I'm thinking of whether someone could have entered the barn while he was gone and been hiding waiting for him. Would he have gone to the store without his false teeth? If not, then it seems he would have gone in the house when he returned from the store and if Darleen had seen someone arrive and go to the barn she'd have told him. (which I think was one theory for why she was killed, because she had seen the visitor?)

I will write some more thoughts later.

P.s. sorry to hear about your kitty Flea. Is he the one who had lost so much weight? I love my animal friends and I know it is very hard to lose them. I think surely animals must go to heaven, so I feel you will see Flea again.
I have a Siamese who "helps" me at the computer too.

Sorry for clipping your post! If this has been covered before, I'm sorry, but could Grandma see very well? It just seems that Grandma wasn't a threat to whomever was there that night, thus they spared her life? (Or do you think he/she/they really didn't know Grandma was on the property?)

Every time we watch AMW, I'm hoping to hear that your case is on the show. Praying for justice and thinking of you all! Sincerely, Boyz_Mum:blowkiss:

Sorry for clipping your post! If this has been covered before, I'm sorry, but could Grandma see very well? It just seems that Grandma wasn't a threat to whomever was there that night, thus they spared her life? (Or do you think he/she/they really didn't know Grandma was on the property?)

Every time we watch AMW, I'm hoping to hear that your case is on the show. Praying for justice and thinking of you all! Sincerely, Boyz_Mum:blowkiss:

I think GM was spared... just not a threat. Did not see who was there... did not notice. MAYBE the killer/s 'forgot' about GM being on the property? She did live in a trailer beyond the barn and house. Forgot while in that MURDER mode...and just thought of Dad and Darleen. "A" had already moved in with XBF at the lake-house trailer.

Knowing that LE truly believes the pps who murdered them were NOT strangers - the murder/s would be very aware of GM living there.
She had been there for well into 15yrs or longer.

GM was pretty sharp for her age (at the time she was 79yrs i think:waitasec:)... She got around very well... and she even went on vacation trips. She did not have glasses for far/distance. She only had to read and needle work.

OHHH thanks - I too pray that AMW will put something on the TV.

I was contact by the producer from the AMW story. Just checkin up on me.. :blowkiss:.
Made my heart skipp.. cuz he was still thinking of Dad and Darleen's crime and telling me that they still talk/contact local LE about the case. Checking up on things :clap::clap:
...Makes me truly thankful and praying that they consider the story for some TV time.

Thanks doll... Still praying ..... Justice will happen. I know it.!

All my love-
Rosco

If they confronted him about something as you were saying above, he must have trusted them a lot to turn his back on them. That's why I thought maybe the person had hid while he was at the store, since he was struck from behind. But I know there are some problems with that and I wondered if he would have gone to store w/o teeth? Because if he wore his teeth on his 2nd trip to the store, he must have upon his return gone first to the house and took them out. And then D would have surely told him if someone had come while he was gone. Or if he came back and found she had been murdered then he would have called 911 and would have been on his guard, not just walked out to the barn.
There seems to be a contradiction in this theory of someone hiding and the fact that IIRC, you said LE thinks D. was killed first (I can't recall why they think that.)

And yes Rosco is a major factor. If someone had gone in the barn and hid and waited for T.to come back, surely Rosco would have barked and alerted him that someone was there....unless Rosco knew the person well and did not think it was a strange thing for him to go into the barn unaccompanied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm pretty sure there were 2 comments on Topix implying something about the truck being seen somewhere. I don't know if they were from the same person. I don't think they were super close together in time. and yes I think one at least one was fairly early in the thread. When I saw the 2nd comment I thought, hey someone else said something about that. Now I sure do wish I had copied them.

Hey do you have a link to a Google Earth view of the place? Or what is the address?

RE AMW
Make sure that the AMW producer considering doing this story for TV is aware of what all images are available to help tell the story - home videos & movies & photographs, newspaper stories from the time of the murders etc. That is a VERY important consideration for documentary production and is often a major factor in the decision (I'm speaking generally, not about AMW specifically) . About the news articles, of course they can get those from the papers and would need to get permission from them, but if you had copies of newspapers in good condition, collected all in one place the producer might want to just shoot or borrow those at the same time as the photos . Make sure the producer(s) aware of your website, and have a good selection of photos online, if possible have them organized, like photos of the property (including both barns and the house, and an aerial view or high angle wide view if such exists) photos of T & D., & family; photos of funeral; photos of the memorial events.

I would think AMW would very much want to interview A. for a segment since she was the one who discoverered D's body. Have they said anything about that?

And I will add here what I wrote on AMW:

How thorough was the search they made of the old barn that was burned down at the "barn burning party"? I wondered if perhaps clothes worn by the murderers could have been hidden there, stuffed in a hole or something, and that may have been part of why it was burnt down soon after the murders. It seemed a bit odd that the youngest daughter A. had told a reporter she planned to carry out renovations that had been the dreams of her parents, yet so soon after the murders she agreed to burn down the old barn her dad was proud of and from which he had wanted to salvage the wood. Is it known who suggested burning it down?

Rosco answered there: "I still think the XBF had MOST of the thoughts behind the changes to the house and other things done right after the murders (( renter, barn burning, buying of the bikes and cars drugs ect... ))
I know that 'the renter' was the XBF's idea. Bragged about it to another person who then told me.
I found out much later that the renter turned out to be a high profile local Meth dealer. He has since died of unrelated issues. "

DK answered there: "I think there is no question that evidence could have been destroyed in the barn burning. I don't think investigators ever searched the rubble, however."

As soon as I heard of that barn burning I was suspicious that it might have been done to destroy evidence. Why burn the whole thing down? Maybe it is still worthwhile to search the rubble.

Also did LE search at the lake property? You mention the family being over there on the next night, trying to calm A. down, so sounds like LE was not in possession of it. I would think they maybe could have had the right to search it since it had belonged to the victims. even without having to have some probable cause against XBF or A.
KITTEHS
Awww I know what you mean about missing Flea's "singing". Well Flea is at the Rainbow Bridge with all our animal friends waiting for us. Do you know that story? maybe DS would like it. http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Re: SOCKS, 15 + yr old who has lost a lot of weight... Can you manage to get him to the vet for a check up incl urinalysis and blood chem test? I know you've spent a lot on Rosco. but remember cats hide pain and illness as much as they can. The weight loss is not just normal for aging. There's a few things he might have and it could really make a difference, help him feel better and maybe save his life for a few more years, if you can take care of him now.
Is he also drinking and peeing more than normal? Here are 3 most common causes for those symptoms + weight loss in an older cat: (In kidney disease the weight loss is more because the cat is not eating as he should. In the latter 2 illnesses they are eating a lot but losing weight.)
* kidney disease.... a terminal condition, but if you catch it you can at least prolong his time with you, in some cases by years. One major thing I would recommend is you'd want to put him on a phosphorus binder, a powder you can just put on their food. There is a very cheap online source of aluminum hydroxide dry gel powder.
* diabetes mellitus..... entirely treatable but without treatment they starve to death. Some cats' blood sugar is controlled by a low carb diet alone, others need shots --the idea of giving their cat shots seems scary to many people but almost all cats tolerate it very well. And in diabetic cats , unlike dogs or humans, many of them even go in remission after a while on insulin and a low carb diet. I have a diabetic cat and could point you to some great resources.
* hyperthyroidism. there are 3 ways of treating that, either treat with medication, or surgery, or radioactive iodine treatment ; the latter 2 actually cure it.
For ALL cats: Here is a GREAT source from a vet very knowledgeable about feline nutrition http://www.catinfo.org

RE AMW
Make sure that the AMW producer considering doing this story for TV is aware of what all images are available to help tell the story - home videos & movies & photographs, newspaper stories from the time of the murders etc. That is a VERY important consideration for documentary production and is often a major factor in the decision (I'm speaking generally, not about AMW specifically) . About the news articles, of course they can get those from the papers and would need to get permission from them, but if you had copies of newspapers in good condition, collected all in one place the producer might want to just shoot or borrow those at the same time as the photos . Make sure the producer(s) aware of your website, and have a good selection of photos online, if possible have them organized, like photos of the property (including both barns and the house, and an aerial view or high angle wide view if such exists) photos of T & D., & family; photos of funeral; photos of the memorial events.

I would think AMW would very much want to interview A. for a segment since she was the one who discoverered D's body. Have they said anything about that?

The AMW producer did not mention 'A' in any of our conversations. I do believe the producer is aware of the speculations and her drug abuse. That is just a hunch in my mind.. not anything for proof.
Might be from LE and producer speaking first. It's possible that LE asked producer not to mention "A" to me? Knowing my thoughts? I dont know... maybe reads the inter-net too? Knows about WS and Topix sights. It's not brain surgury to google their names and show all these threads, web-sites, myspace & facebook accounts.. as well as newpaper and TV interviews for 3yrs. Also 'A's arrest for Meth at the house... 1yr anniversary is this friday.
Gotta be coming to a court-date/conviction soon. LE did tell me 'someone' will be doing time... Didn't say who...

AMW producer has NOT said anything regarding Dad and Darleen's unsolved murders to be on TV... not a clue or thought. As far as I was told by the producer their story is on-line ONLY ...nothing else. Unless there is a change I will not be contacted for any undates or how much the story is generating attention.
That's the main purpose I have been trying to get the AMW.COM story the most attention... to get the attention of John Walsh - and MAYBE get it on TV.

I have a chest full with 3yrs of newpapers, video and pictures of Dad and Darleen. When AMW wants it - I am eager to offer to use. There has been no asking.. (YET) The producer and I had a many lenghly conversations. AMW is aware of most inter-net sites. They used pictures of of their MYSPACE page.
http://www.myspace.com/terryanddarleen

It would be a very interesting interview with 'A' and AMW.
First she had nothing to do with anything
- not even contributed to the $20,000 reward for her parents.
Humm.. since she has been MIA since the momment they were found murdered.
Arrested for drugs, lost one child..and a second child to be taken on the way.
Interesting..... :waitasec:
Rosco:crazy:

And I will add here what I wrote on AMW:

How thorough was the search they made of the old barn that was burned down at the "barn burning party"? I wondered if perhaps clothes worn by the murderers could have been hidden there, stuffed in a hole or something, and that may have been part of why it was burnt down soon after the murders. It seemed a bit odd that the youngest daughter A. had told a reporter she planned to carry out renovations that had been the dreams of her parents, yet so soon after the murders she agreed to burn down the old barn her dad was proud of and from which he had wanted to salvage the wood. Is it known who suggested burning it down?

Rosco answered there: "I still think the XBF had MOST of the thoughts behind the changes to the house and other things done right after the murders (( renter, barn burning, buying of the bikes and cars drugs ect... ))
I know that 'the renter' was the XBF's idea. Bragged about it to another person who then told me.
I found out much later that the renter turned out to be a high profile local Meth dealer. He has since died of unrelated issues. "

DK answered there: "I think there is no question that evidence could have been destroyed in the barn burning. I don't think investigators ever searched the rubble, however."

As soon as I heard of that barn burning I was suspicious that it might have been done to destroy evidence. Why burn the whole thing down? Maybe it is still worthwhile to search the rubble.

Also did LE search at the lake property? You mention the family being over there on the next night, trying to calm A. down, so sounds like LE was not in possession of it. I would think they maybe could have had the right to search it since it had belonged to the victims. even without having to have some probable cause against XBF or A.
KITTEHS
Awww I know what you mean about missing Flea's "singing". Well Flea is at the Rainbow Bridge with all our animal friends waiting for us. Do you know that story? maybe DS would like it. http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Re: SOCKS, 15 + yr old who has lost a lot of weight... Can you manage to get him to the vet for a check up incl urinalysis and blood chem test? I know you've spent a lot on Rosco. but remember cats hide pain and illness as much as they can. The weight loss is not just normal for aging. There's a few things he might have and it could really make a difference, help him feel better and maybe save his life for a few more years, if you can take care of him now.
Is he also drinking and peeing more than normal? Here are 3 most common causes for those symptoms + weight loss in an older cat: (In kidney disease the weight loss is more because the cat is not eating as he should. In the latter 2 illnesses they are eating a lot but losing weight.)
* kidney disease.... a terminal condition, but if you catch it you can at least prolong his time with you, in some cases by years. One major thing I would recommend is you'd want to put him on a phosphorus binder, a powder you can just put on their food. There is a very cheap online source of aluminum hydroxide dry gel powder.
* diabetes mellitus..... entirely treatable but without treatment they starve to death. Some cats' blood sugar is controlled by a low carb diet alone, others need shots --the idea of giving their cat shots seems scary to many people but almost all cats tolerate it very well. And in diabetic cats , unlike dogs or humans, many of them even go in remission after a while on insulin and a low carb diet. I have a diabetic cat and could point you to some great resources.
* hyperthyroidism. there are 3 ways of treating that, either treat with medication, or surgery, or radioactive iodine treatment ; the latter 2 actually cure it.
For ALL cats: Here is a GREAT source from a vet very knowledgeable about feline nutrition http://www.catinfo.org

-- I feel very good with the search of property. There were local, state, FBI and ATF at the house. The property was searched pretty well. I feel IF there was something left LE would have found it.

The barn was in pretty bad shape. It was 3/4th fallen down. But there were really long beams and some in very good shape still.. that was why it was not taken down. I have some pic's on the Myspace - you can see the barn in the backround of a few pic's. But I have no idea why so soon after the murders to burn it down... really was not all that gastly important.. to tear it down so fast. Does make me wonder too.

I think the murder/s took everything. Again - I do not have access to LE and the case... remember LE knows everything as far as what was left behind...or pictures.. stuff like that. They are NOT going to share that information. They wont share if luminol was used in the barn to the house.. they wont tell me if the work trucks were also luminolled (sp?). Or if they found tire tracks.
All I know is: No DNA, no weapon, no fingerprints with blood (only who was always there), no footprints, no witness and no trace evidence.

I dont know if LE searched the lake house. I know they interviewed the owner of the trailer/house. Said the owner had a weird crush on XBF - LE found that strange how she spoke about him. Never went any farther than - LE thought it strange...
Unless they had probable cause to search I dont think LE can search trailer/lake house. I thought they might have only cuz of what they were doing that night dad and darleen were murdered. Remeber - they were doing METH... LE has never told me that information.

Thanks for the info on Socks. YEA.. I know - I have to get him to vet. Flea came at us pretty fast with his mouth issue...and we had to handle that first. Socks is my next in-line.. but have to find some $$$ just to walk into the establishment.

:blowkiss:

Rosco

Rosco , I have nothing of any value to add to the converation at the moment, its hard for me being here ...
But you know that I am always thinking of you :blowkiss:

I will continue to hold the Link to AMW and your Dad and Darleens names until this case is solved....

Sending you lots of these (((hugs)))

Rosco , I have nothing of any value to add to the converation at the moment, its hard for me being here ...
But you know that I am always thinking of you :blowkiss:

I will continue to hold the Link to AMW and your Dad and Darleens names until this case is solved....

Sending you lots of these (((hugs)))

Thanks Doll... :blowkiss:

Not much going on anyway. Still pressing that AMW.COM link and praying for a call/email or SOMETHING about it going on TV..

Feb 20th will be Miss "A's " 1yr anniversary from the Meth Arrests. LE did say sometime back that 'someone' will be going to jail that was involved with that raid at Dad's place.
My guess is BW with his priors and violation.
Betcha "A" will (once again) get off on probation or some sorry carp like that. :furious: Can't LEARN a LESSON if nothing happens.
Since she is close to giving birth once again maybe LE will keep her out of jail since it was her first offence..??
Hope not.. cuz that does not help her addiction.
Praying this child is not born addicted to Meth like Baby Terri was.

"A's" 23rd B-day is Sunday... wonder if she will 'Party up!"????:waitasec::furious:

Rosco:crazy:

Hi Rosco - I don't have anything to add either just want you to know you and your family are always in the back of my mind. This is the thread I check first thing in the mornings hoping.......

It is just so disturbing and upsetting to me that a woman can use drugs while pregnant, abuse that child once it is born, have it taken away from her yet she can go and just have another one. It isn't fair to anyone. There has to be a way to regulate these kinds of things without infringing on people's civil rights - what about the rights of the child who is undoubtedly being born into an awful and dire situation.

Hi,

I am new to this thread. I haven't had a chance to read it all over but I plan on it. I am so sorry for your horriffic loss (((HUGS)) I am a native of Illinois and was living in Cailfornia during 05' so that would explain how I didn't hear about this case.

I just wanted to ask if your family has ever contacted Ebay and other auction sites - would there be a way for those companies to do a search on all items sold since the murders??? My guess would be 'yes' they could since I understand IT quite a bit and I would think for legal purposes they would have keep everything archeived.

And have you visited any particular sites that would specialize or have people "collectors' of those items stolen??

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but thought I would at least bring up my thought :)

It certainly sounds like A may know or suspect more than she has revealed, but I did not come away from reading all these threads feeling she was definitely guilty of the actual murders or definitely maliciously involved in a conspiracy to murder. I'm not saying I think she is innocent -- I can't know that. But I do think there are other possible interpretations of some of her behavior that has raised red flags. I hope for everyone's sakes the case will be solved and the killer(s) caught soon and that it will turn out she wasn't a murderer or accessory before the fact.

One thing I think you have maybe jumped to a conclusion about is your idea that Amanda secretly hated you for years. I heard through your words how much it hurt you to think that a relationship you had thought was genuine was really a charade, that there had been resentment and hate under a false facade of affection. I can see how you could think that but just IMO from what I have picked up on these threads, I don't think you should accept it as a conclusion that she has hated you for a long time. (but please realise I'm not saying you didn't try to reach out to her)

I can understand that when you look at her behavior through a lens of what would be normal to you or to other people you know, you may think, 'the only way someone in this situation would push away family members and want absolutely nothing to do with us, be insulting, bad mouth us as "moochers" and refuse even a fishing pole for Terry's grandson....would be if she had actually loathed us for a very long time and now, with the parents gone, there's no reason to hide it." (" and if she is guilty")

But I think you may not be fully taking into account some things.....
1. the devastating effects of chronic methamphetamine use on thinking and personality One can't really judge her actions by asking "What would a normal person do?" Meth really does cause psychosis. Definitely causes paranoia.

2. PTSD effects on an already way screwed up brain. Someone else wrote about this recently in reference to her having kept saying "Why did they have to do that to her?" and not mentioning your dad. She probably had the horrifying image she had seen of her mother imprinted on her mind , like a record skipping and playing the same line over and over.

3. a controlling BF poisoning her meth-affected (paranoid), PTSD-affected mind against family members. The way he kept her from talking to you at first (did you ever ask LE if they really had told him not to let her talk even to family ?) and seemed so controlling, so quickly had a renter move in, etc...... I think it is likely he was conducting a psychological campaign to drive a wedge between her and others in the family, telling her you didn't really care about her, you just wanted the inheritance, you were trying to get her convicted so you could have the property, and maybe that you and Rick were jealous that she had had your dad there while she was growing up.
His motives? Could be fear she would reveal something that might tie him or his friends to the murder. Could be he didnt want her to have anyone else to lean on or turn to for advice, because he wanted to have control over her and her property.

~ plus ~ If she knows or suspects something about the murders,
4. Fear of giving something away if she allowed herself to open up to you, then you would insist she go to police be scared about. She may have been warned that if she ever says anything against the people she suspects/knows were involved, the suspicion will fall on her, the guilty party(ies) will in turn implicate her --and they will be believed because she was the one with the most obvious financial motive. And since she was using drugs, her memory may be hazy and she may realize that any evidence she gave against another would be strongly challenged by defense counsel, with her character and credibility and her memory attacked - - so she might fear that the likely result of her talking would be the killers getting off and then coming after her and doing what she saw they did to her mother.

5. Guilt / Shame (which could be about anything from actually having participated in the murders, down to just wondering if one of the meth-using friends might have picked up on something she said about Terry having a large sum of cash). If she did feel any responsibility, seeing your grief would remind her of the injury done to YOU & your families by taking away your father / grandfather too.

In avoidance of dealing with her knowledge , suspicions and /or her feelings about the murders, one way to NOT deal with it is by attacking other family members and pushing them away, avoiding having anything to do with the investigation, continually postponing dealing with the headstone etc.
(those are not necessarily signs of guilt. The major thing she may be avoiding dealing with is grief and trauma. It is too bad she turned down counselling but not unusual for a young person to think all they need is their friends. Sadly, that did not work very well; there is probably an element of self-medicating in her drug abuse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I pray A is able to stay off drugs during this pregnancy and that she will manage to escape from that dark abyss of addiction. I hear Wellbutrin is being used in clinical trials to treat meth addicts. Not that it would work alone, it would require treatment and/or self-help group meetings, totally staying away from people who are using and places where drugs are bought and used and other things that trigger relapse. and probably therapy to try to cope with things she has been trying to blunt with drugs.

Hi Ariane, I'm glad you've been reading. I think you make some great points and most importantly.... worded them eloquently and intelligently... gosh, that makes such a difference in reception sometimes! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky
Back