Identified! IN - Wayne Co., WhtFem Skeletal 491UFIN, 18-22, in woods, opal ring, Dec'82 - Connie Christensen

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well hmph.

There has to he so many matches out there that we just can't find. Makes me wonder if it is due to some being held captive before passing, and the time frames not matching up from reported missing to time of death. And of course some sketches not being correct.

Where did you submit your tip and how long did it take for them to get back to you?
I submitted the possibility of Judy Martin for this set of remains on the Doe Network.
I haven't heard anything back other than the original messages there hadn't been a link before but they were now going to look into it.

Where did you submit your tip and how long did it take for them to get back to you?
I submitted the possibility of Judy Martin for this set of remains on the Doe Network.
I haven't heard anything back other than the original messages there hadn't been a link before but they were now going to look into it.

I had to email them for an update but heard something fairly quickly. I think Amy Dobbs is still the case manager, so you may want to get her contact info off of the UID's NAMUS page and send her an email or call. I think she prefers email. Good luck!

I got an e-mail back from Amy Dobbs on the Judy Martins comparison. She wrote "Thank you for your email. A review of the DNA indicates that both have STR and mito profiles available. So far CODIS has not reported back any association between the two samples."

This woman was wearing an opal ring. Opal is the birthstone for someone born in October. I wonder if that might provide a clue as to her identity.

Here in the UK opal is also the October birthstone, and traditionally it has been regarded as unlucky for someone not born in October to wear one. This might strengthen the idea that she was October born.

Also the style, an opal with two small diamonds, suggests to me a possible cheapish engagement ring - especially coupled with the maternity trousers.

I suggesed a possibility that this woman could be Denise Beaudin.

I suggesed a possibility that this woman could be Denise Beaudin.
That would be just wild. Been looking all day for her or another connection in the unidentified. Somethings just might all start to line up or broaden the Mr. Evan or whats his name, mystery.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Also the style, an opal with two small diamonds, suggests to me a possible cheapish engagement ring - especially coupled with the maternity trousers.

In my experience opal can be considered a "classy" substitute for a diamond (& let's face it, most men in their 20s-30s offering marriage sometimes can't afford a huge real diamond.)

I think there is something to theory that this poor UID's life got botched up somewhere between agreeing to have an LTR with a certain sort of male & her having someone's baby.

I've heard worse stories....

I vaguely remember this case, as she was found in the woods on the east side of Martindale lake, a popular fishing spot where my family went many times in my youth. I was 9 years old in '82. There were a number of unsolved murders in the area in those days. I grew up in Williamsburg, which probably ~10-15 miles from Jacksonburg. There was another woman (Pamela Smith?) who was murdered under mysterious circumstances about 7 or 8 years prior, and a young man named William "Bily" Norman was found shot to death on Morgan Creek Rd. just north of Williamsburg in April 1979. Neither of those were ever solved.
This young woman was murdered some time around April 1982. Any thoughts on who she might be? After six months, and 99 views, no other posts have been made, so I thought I would bump it up.

I am wondering if she could be Phyllis E Brewer from Ohio. Sadly there is so little info about her, and all articles say she has no living relatives.

I feel like I looked at Evelyn Davis for this a while back, but never called it in. I can't remember what if anything made me discount her.

I'm also wondering about Terri Earhart. She was last heard from when she called her mom in May 1981, so a little out of the time estimate, but not terribly so. Terri was 5'5" and 23. She told her mom she'd be bringing a present for Mother's Day for her mom, and also for her daughter. I wonder how old her daughter was? Or how long it had been since her mother had seen Terri. Her last call was from a motel in Champagne, IL. direct route via I-74 to area where this Doe was found, albeit 3 hours away. There is no photo for Terri Bea Earhart. And just because the motel she called from was in Champagne, I don't know what area she was originally from. I'd really like to be able to find a photo of her. Maybe if someone can find her in a school or church directory or something on Ancestry we can get a photo then too? IDK. Not that we have a photo to compare it to, anyway, so IDK, but I don't see how she's going to be ID'd without one. Maybe I will try to call the detectives tomorrow and see where she was from originally and how old her child was.

Did you ever have any luck looking into Evelyn Davis? I found an article today from her family 10 years after she disappeared that said she had a still born and they were waiting on the headstone to arrive when she went missing...
29 Jul 1995, 7 - The Newark Advocate at Newspapers.com

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

exclusions as of 28 March 2021

MP12043 Lauren Andersen 11/15/1981 Hennepin MN
MP10491 Cynthia Anderson 08/04/1981 Lucas OH
MP36410 Denise Beaudin 11/26/1981 Hillsborough NH
MP7928 Susan Cappel 03/16/1982 Tuscarawas OH
MP7266 Judy Martins 05/24/1978 Portage OH
MP43314 Vicki Maynard 04/01/1981 Union OH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors