Identified! IN - Wayne Co., WhtFem Skeletal 491UFIN, 18-22, in woods, opal ring, Dec'82 - Connie Christensen

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You'd think she would have been looked at just from proximity: Google Maps
I agree. Quite a few similarities. And according to her CP profile There were rumors that Emery died of a drug overdose and that her body was dumped somewhere in southern Indiana.” Not exactly southern IN, but close enough.

@ivonne did you happen to submit this possible match?

Unidentified woman, age 18-22
Date of Discovery: December 26, 1982
Location of Discovery: Wayne County, Indiana
Estimated Date of Death: 1982 (8 months prior)
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 18 - 22 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'3", Estimated
Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available; Stainless steel or chrome crown on upper left molar. Upper incisors protrude 10 mm.
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Dark blue nylon 3/4 length insulated jacket. Long sleeve front buttoned polyester blouse with scalloped design collar, size 12. Gray maternity slacks, size 8.
Jewelry: Gold metal ring with oval opal (white) and two small diamonds, on right hand.
Additional Personal Items: Clog type shoes with wooden soles, leather strap and buckles.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located in west/central Wayne County, by deer hunters in a remote woods, approximately two miles north of I-70 and approximately 15 miles west of the Indiana/Ohio line.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Wayne Cnty Coroners Ofc
Agency Phone Number: 317-694-9563
Agency Case Number: 41-10291
NCIC Case Number: U-196105136
NamUs Case Number: 4842

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Indiana State Police
CASE NUMBER - 491UFIN

Case Number 41-10291
Case Date: 12/26/1982
Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
County: Wayne
Location of Crime: Woods west of Jacksonburg Road, approximately 1.5 miles north of I-70, Indiana

Circumstances:

On December 26, 1982, human skeletal remains were discovered by deer hunters in a wooded area in west central Wayne county. A forensic examination of the remains was conducted and it was learned that they belonged to a Caucasian female. Foul play is suspected in the victim's death. To date, the skeletal remains have not been identified. Dental records and DNA are available to assist in identification of the victim. The attached photo is a reconstruction of the victim.

Anyone with information about this case, please call:

Indiana State Police
District Investigative Commander
9022 South SR 67
Pendleton, IN 46064
1-765-778-2121 or 1-800-527-4752

I agree. Quite a few similarities. And according to her CP profile There were rumors that Emery died of a drug overdose and that her body was dumped somewhere in southern Indiana.” Not exactly southern IN, but close enough.

@ivonne did you happen to submit this possible match?

Good call. She matches lots of stats and the recon and she had a young son

GjMLIaA7DMlfjG1zxgbzb4he-P1sTjQRek34O2a1NvJyxuykH8mIyt6WxkmYArk2B5QAy963okXzV9rEHgA6Zy0Qsd0JxoDUNlikV4-4GgkmNLbefaKEi_pg6omNaJxfbGx5RlO2tC8

The yellow pins are three unsolved cases within a 20-mile radius from the early 1980s. Only one of the three female victims has been identified as Darlene Russell Hall. The other two victims are still unidentified. The commonality could be hitchhiking, but all of the victims were found on or near farmland. Regardless of whether or not there are one or more perpetrators, it would just be so good to be able to give names to the Jane Doe victims. I attached links below. Thoughts?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

ISP: Darlene Russell 09/20/1981

Was Patricia Vaughan ever excluded or looked into? Patricia Vaughan

I didn't see her name listed in the exclusions for this Jane Doe on the Doe's Unidentified Wiki page. Vaughan disappeared in May of 1982, 7 months before this Doe was found. She was 18, and 5'5, lower age range and middle height range. Brown hair too.

Probably far fetched, but they do look alike. Has she ever been formally ruled out? Her birthday was in April, not October.
What about this girl? Peggy Dianovsky? She went missing from Illinois in Sept of 1982. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dianovsky_peggy.html

The Doe Network is saying the UID was found as skeletal remains with the estimated death to be 8 months prior and the UID's age is between 18-22..

Peggy is a little older (28) and she went missing only 3 1/2 months prior to the UID being found.
She looks like she has protruding Inscisors (the UID is described as having them)

Nothing mentioned that she was pregnant..

Here are pictures of the UID and Peggy

View attachment 28008[/ATTACH]

Currently 6 women ruled out for being this Jane Doe
MP10491 Cynthia Anderson 08/04/1981 Lucas OH
MP36410 Denise Beaudin 11/26/1981 Hillsborough NH
MP7266 Judy Martins 05/24/1978 Portage OH
MP12043 Lauren Andersen 11/15/1981 Hennepin MN
MP7928 Susan Cappel 03/16/1982 Tuscarawas OH
MP43314 Vicki Maynard 04/01/1981 Union OH

I found the email for the police that is listed on this Jane Doe's NamUs profile. I am going to email him to see if a comparison has been made between Sharon Emery and also mention Peggy Dianovsky.

I found the email for the police that is listed on this Jane Doe's NamUs profile. I am going to email him to see if a comparison has been made between Sharon Emery and also mention Peggy Dianovsky.

Well, I sent an email to the contact of this Jane Doe last Thursday about the possible match between Sharon Emery and Peggy Dianovsky.. He read my email but I didn't receive a response.

The Jane Doe's NamUs profile was modified yesterday.
MP2536 Angela Hamby 10/29/1982 Wilkes NC - was added to the rule out list.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back