Identified! IN - Wayne Co., WhtFem Skeletal 491UFIN, 18-22, in woods, opal ring, Dec'82 - Connie Christensen

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, Sharon Emery's NamUs Profile was modified yesterday and this Jane Doe's profile was modified today (I track both cases) - they ARE NOT ruled out against each other as of yet. Maybe they are looking more into both of these cases

I never did get an email back from when I submitted Sharon and Peggy Diaovsky

416cM is a Great-Great-Aunt/Uncle, Half Great-Aunt/Uncle, Half 1C, 1C1R, Half Great-Niece/Nephew, Great-Great-Niece/Nephew, 2C, Half 1C1R, or 1C2R.

I think we can probably rule out great-great aunt/uncle/niece/nephew because of the age of the case and her age at the time.

This young woman was murdered some time around April 1982. Any thoughts on who she might be? After six months, and 99 views, no other posts have been made, so I thought I would bump it up.
In say, 1994 I knew a man who owned a jewelry shop specializing in them. He would fly to Australia to buy raw stones at whole sale prices. He would then finish them and set them when he returned to his shop. By 1994, however, opals had been "discovered" and prices were soaring. I don't know if that is still true today.

But in the early 1980s, I only remember one relative (aunt) who had opal jewelry. But.... she was relatively wealthy, lived in Chicago, and travelled internationally on vacations. I think her husband bought her the ring on one of them.

Anyways, family memories aside.....

In the early 1980s, opals may of needed to be sought out by the purchaser as they had not yet been discovered by the larger public. This could imply travel Or, perhaps being gifted the ring by a more jewelry experienced relative.

The opal ring with two diamonds aside, her other articles of clothing seem modest (man made materials- common in the 1970s, but still no mention of designer labels, wooden clogs). This could increase the chances of the ring being a gift.

Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 4.10.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-28 at 4.16.09 PM.png
Through the hard work and determination of the Wayne County Coroner’s Office and a little bit of luck, a Michigan woman now has answers about her mother’s life. Around Christmas of 1982, hunters found the remains of a young mother just north of Jacksonburg in Wayne County
On Monday afternoon, the remains were publically identified as those of Connie Christensen of Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Rest in peace Connie. I honestly don't see a resemblance between Connie and her clay bust

View attachment 464423
I agree. No resemblance at all, but I think there was a few years when all clay busts of unidentified individuals looked the same, since then the clay technique definitely evolved. Connie was a beautiful girl. Do we know if Connie actually lived in Wisconsin?

I agree. No resemblance at all, but I think there was a few years when all clay busts of unidentified individuals looked the same, since then the clay technique definitely evolved. Connie was a beautiful girl. Do we know if Connie actually lived in Wisconsin?
Marital records seem to suggest that she did, yes.

Connie Christensen | Unidentified Wiki | Fandom

Connie L. Christensen​

BIRTH 16 Apr 1962 Beetown, Grant County, Wisconsin, USA
DEATH 26 Dec 1982 (aged 20)
BURIAL: Beetown Cemetery, Beetown, Grant County, Wisconsin, USA
LINKS:
https:///wiki/Connie_Christensen

The man who is suspected of killing Christensen died in September.

Ancestry indicates she married in May 1980. (Husband has not been listed as POI/Etc, so I will not link). This was in Madison, WI. Today, Madison is about six hours from where she was found, and it is by no means a straight shot..

Newspapers.com indicates her daughter was born in March 1981, with her and her husband residing at 1029 Fiedler Lane in Madison, WI (this is the address of her husband’s parents, as listed in their marriage announcement—it’s apartments today). The recent-ish birth probably explains the maternity pants she was found in.

It looks like her divorce was finalized from her then-husband on 23 Dec 1983. Dane County court records show her husband filed for divorce on 2/24/82.

Her daughter made a very sweet post on Facebook about her mother’s identification, which is public, with some non-mainstream media info from which one can extrapolate roughly when Connie left, and that the identification wasn’t made public until this year because of the existence of a strong suspect, who unfortunately (as stated in the linked article) passed away earlier this year. So I’m wondering if Connie left with a known someone and went to Indiana with them, which unfortunately ended very badly for her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back