In your opinion, why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

• Because they are truly in love.

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • To get her on his side/confidence.

Votes: 73 11.4%
  • To avoid statutory rape charges.

Votes: 177 27.7%
  • Because they think they won't have to testify against each other.

Votes: 156 24.4%
  • That Misty is maybe pregnant

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Who knows..this is too bizarre to even take a guess at.

Votes: 195 30.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started thinking off the wall with this question. I kept coming back to what if's...What if MC & RC have something to do with this and RC told her when this was all over and she helped cover for him, he would marry her. I don't know what got me thinking this way, but it's stuck in my head. I keep going back to his statements about being at work. Hayleigh's disappearance could have happened earlier in the day. I don't know how well Jr. communicates and if he would be able to say or not if Hayleigh was there that evening. I'm just thinking outside the box of course.

Ron marries Misty so he can control what she says. Has anyone noticed her story sounds more rehearsed each time she speaks to reporters/tv/others?

My guess would be that this marriage was made "official" in a vain attempt to present a healthy, "proper" environment if (when, imo) the birth mom files for a change in the child custody arrangement. Having a teenage live-in girlfriend *might* not be viewed in a positive light should a custody hearing take place.:(

I chose the "testifying against each other" choice as it was the closest thing to the legal aspect of my above "opinion".

Nothing in the news surprises me anymore; common sense and morals appear to be "endangered behavior" these days. :slap:

-Mish

I just heard the interview with Cobra about having iced tea with Ron and discussing the reenactment of the scene with Misty AND IF he can believed, then Ron clearly states that marrying her was "to keep his enemies close". He also says he wants to go home and put a gun in her mouth. If this is true, and the whiteboy gregg stuff is real, then it is now just a matter of time,,,

I am wondering if the so called marriage is REAL?
The church said no.
You can fake a wedding and it doesn't mean that the license
or marriage certificate was signed and sent to the state.............
Weddings ( commitments ) are done all the time and yet not legal.
Maybe RC did it this way.......and Misty doesn't know???
To keep her shut up? Is this why he wore sunglasses and black muscle shirt
and seemed to care less for his 1st marriage??? MOO

Brought order to their lives???? Their lives are in chaos and one of them may have ended.:waitasec:
I guess I should have been clearer that I was referring to the period before Haleigh went missing. My impression is that MC took care of the children and home, so I felt that RC might have had some appreciation of that.

I voted: to avoid statutory rape charges. He's covering his *advertiser censored**.

A grown man shacking up with a 17 year old is bad enough. But when the news media and law enforcement descend upon you while you're doing it...well now, that's a whole different story. All moo.

I just heard the interview with Cobra about having iced tea with Ron and discussing the reenactment of the scene with Misty AND IF he can believed, then Ron clearly states that marrying her was "to keep his enemies close". He also says he wants to go home and put a gun in her mouth. If this is true, and the whiteboy gregg stuff is real, then it is now just a matter of time,,,
You're so right ~ and IF Cobra's story is true ~ this changes the whole scenario of reasons. MOO

NOT FOR LOVE, that's for sure.............
Family protecting something at all costs........even a diamond ring! JMOO

Because they are covering eachothers lies and the fact that they know what happened to Haleigh....JMOOOC

Think they both know what happened to Haliegh and are coving for each other.

I'm with others here who say that Ron married Misty were under the mistaken notion that she couldn't be compelled to testify against him should this come down on him about Haleigh's disappearance.

Either that or he was trying to do some damage control on the stat rape possibilities; or perhaps both reasons figured into it.

This answer isn't on the poll either but after the last week of looking back on the events around this case, I think they got married to make the 911 call true.

Daugther, wife references played over and over on HLN in the 911 tape...

I think somewhere in their heads they wanted people to believe them so badly that maybe on a subconscious level they made the words true.

Our psych majors can explain it better.

~

I've already voted about this, said that I had no idea because this whole thing is just to weird. Now that I have seen the Cobra interview that you mentioned I'm thinking that while the marriage thing is beyond belief, there is a definite method to Ron's apparent madness. The only thing holding me back is that I'm not sure if Cobra's report is made-up or it really happened. It isn't an option anyway so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

Since I sincerely believe Ron and Misty are both responsible for Haleigh's disappearance and know exactly what happened to Haleigh, I'm thinking Ron and Misty were playing COBRA.
I'm leaning toward COBRA's report being legit, eventhough I wish he had not given the interview...I'm trying to figure out the method behind COBRA's madness..

another thought...........just to own her, tell her what to do, control issue???

Also, a wife is cheaper than a 24/7 nanny.

another thought...........just to own her, tell her what to do, control issue???

I agree 100 percent. My gut feeling is he's is a controlling abusive man, and I think Crystal totally got railroaded by him, and now M is on her way too. But, having watched M for a while now, I feel she needs some railroading perhaps. Thought he was gonna take the trash out? Guess not. Having said all this, I still don't believe either one of them is involved in the actual physical disappearance of Haleigh. What I believe is they are unfit parents. Period.

to make a ton of money on the today show "exclusive" wedding video. jmoooc
then the next day, or was it the same day? an exclusive with NG

in another case not far away, RK got 20k for a picture, can you imagine how much for videos, two, one of the wedding, and one of the reception.
Why did he start wearing sunglasses all the time, and while eating cake inside the house?
what's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member