Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a witness be in the court room?

It depends on whether the court ruled to exclude witnesses, which is very common. In this case they did rule to exclude witnesses. This means that, except for the defendant, witnesses are not allowed to observe the proceeding (not even supposed to watch on TV) until after they have been released from their subpoena. This usually means until after they have testified unless they are planning on calling them back again as a rebuttal witness. This has actually bothered me because with Det. Flores now sitting at the Prosecutor's table, he can't be recalled during the rebuttal (unless there is some exception I've never heard of for law enforcement). And, BTW, this doesn't matter if they are family or not - if excluded it means every witness except the defendant.

The one murder trial I had to testify in a long time ago, a case I was VERY, VERY emotionally and mentally wrapped up in, I was fuming mad that I was excluded for the entire trial except when I was on the stand. Even after testifying they said that they might recall me so I remained excluded until the verdict was read. I really thought I was going to go crazy and flip my lid not knowing what was going on with a case I was deeply vested in for nearly a year.

I just saw a couple on HLN who said that Travis was very frustrated with Jodi. He said he was sick of Jodi coming by uninvited. He told them he would come home and she would be hiding in the closet or he would wake up and she would be on the couch. I haven't been able to watch the trial as much as some but did Travis ever call 911?

SCARY!! Sounds like a horror movie.

Go for the message, not messenger. It is well worth seeing

I did not do it for 5 * I scrolled past it, but so many people said it was worth it I did. It was indeed a new 1 and very worth the time to take a look at it.

There were a couple of things that were different that I had wrong perhaps but after seeing that I now see it! Also, it is where I think he was shot, due to the pool of blood... in front of the linen closet. On the side of his head..

It also gave me the idea that he would have gone through the closet instead of running down the hall if she was already coming down from getting the gun as he would have seen her take a right into the closet if it took him so long to get to the door at the bedroom.. That makes sense. I highly recommend people viewing that.

Moo

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

There are plenty of things to look at, including what's going on in my own mind.

I don't need to give attention or views to someone that nasty. The message is not worth patronizing that kind of offensive crawp.

Maybe more prudent advice would be to the video maker - stick to what you think are the facts and quit that kind of bullying. That's what it is, bullying someone who may have some issues, and I will NOT support it.

In fact I'll ask the moderators to take it down.

Mormon Attorney

Thanks for your insightful posting this afternoon!

I would like to hope I am somewhat responsible for it by posing my earlier question so I am back for another round.

Jodi seems to be the most hated person on the planet at least her on WS by countless posts of LIAR or I hate her.

At the risk of becoming the most hated poster here at WS let me state I have never hated her, not even close. People kill and murder people everyday, if I hated just a few of them I would be filled with hate. It seems that since Jodi is under the microscope, she is hated for every single thing she does, including the way she blinks her eyes. Her photography is horrible, her lying, her art, her appearance, down to how she holds her glass of water, all are just lower than the low.

So here comes my question, forget everything we know and lets change the circumstances.

Hypothetical, had Jodi been raped and murdered in a viscous manner where she was the victim and had never done anything wrong herself.....Do you feel that all (maybe not all) of her lies would somehow become truths. Would her photography be great and would she be described as having such a promising career whose life was cut short?

(2nd degree is below)

AZ Capitol Crimes / LWOP or Death / 1st Degree Murder

Capital crimes in Arizona
The following aggravating circumstances constitute capital murder in the state of Arizona:

prior conviction for which a sentence of life imprisonment or death was imposable;

prior serious offense involving the use or threat of violence;

grave risk of death to others;

procurement of murder by payment or promise of payment;

commission of murder for pecuniary gain;

murder committed in an especially heinous, cruel, or depraved manner;

murder committed while in custody;

multiple homicides;

murder of a victim under 15 years of age or of a victim 70 years of age or older; and

murder of a law enforcement officer.

----------
Definition
In Arizona, a person faces a charge of second-degree murder if she intentionally killed another person without planning it. Killing an unborn child also counts as second-degree murder, according to the Arizona Revised Statutes, which make an exception for legal abortions.

Punishment
A second-degree murder conviction in Arizona brings at least 10 years in jail, and at most 22 years. For people previously convicted of second-degree murder or certain felonies, the minimum sentence increases to 15 years, and the maximum to 25 years.

Prison Time
Judges only sentence second-degree murder convicts to life in jail if the case involved a victim under the age of 15, or an unborn child, and the defendant had two or more prior convictions with serious offenses, including second-degree murder, kidnapping or manslaughter. Parole remains possible after 25 years.

Then my posts here on my phone must drive you nuts! I not only use a very small phone and have very fat fingers to correct things, but I also use text to type and rarely correct! even when I do, I sometimes scroll past my own items and post later and cringe at how stupid they look and Cringe that folks think that I am un educated. Lazy yes, un educated no.

It is just it takes so long, and I am on post number 334 and y'all are so far ahead and I try to catch up. just this 1 post has taken me 5 minutes to fix the errors! :screwy::D:banghead:

I differentiate btwn a board or even FB vs a pretty formal presentation on YouTube. I'm just as guilty on here, esp when I use my Kindle...but at work, formal emails and presentations, I am much more careful as I see it as a reflection of my quality of work. ;)

BBM:

:seeya: Yes ! That is exactly what I was thinking but didn't know how to explain it ... and that's it : the Memory Card :doh:

I think she had a Memory Card that fit Travis' camera -- and she put the sex photos on their before she took the other photos ... :waitasec: KWIM ?

And what about the "Memory Card" -- Is there anyway to PROVE that it came with Travis' camera that he bought ? KWIM ? I know zilch about cameras ... so I hope I am explaining this correctly ...

I still just do NOT believe Travis had sex with her that day when he was trying to dump her ...

:moo:

I don't believe he did either!!!

She shows up at 4 am while he's in bed. She crawls in and goes to sleep. Next day he was cleaning as he had the furniture moved and his vac/ shampoo machine out. I believe he was able to Just. Say. No.

He was going on a trip with a new girl he really liked and knew the Jodi trappings he could fall into if he 'slept' with her. But that's just MOO!

(2nd degree is below)

AZ Capitol Crimes / LWOP or Death / 1st Degree Murder

Capital crimes in Arizona
The following aggravating circumstances constitute capital murder in the state of Arizona:

prior conviction for which a sentence of life imprisonment or death was imposable;

prior serious offense involving the use or threat of violence;

grave risk of death to others;

procurement of murder by payment or promise of payment;

commission of murder for pecuniary gain;

murder committed in an especially heinous, cruel, or depraved manner;

murder committed while in custody;

multiple homicides;

murder of a victim under 15 years of age or of a victim 70 years of age or older; and

murder of a law enforcement officer.

----------
Definition
In Arizona, a person faces a charge of second-degree murder if she intentionally killed another person without planning it. Killing an unborn child also counts as second-degree murder, according to the Arizona Revised Statutes, which make an exception for legal abortions.

Punishment
A second-degree murder conviction in Arizona brings at least 10 years in jail, and at most 22 years. For people previously convicted of second-degree murder or certain felonies, the minimum sentence increases to 15 years, and the maximum to 25 years.

Prison Time
Judges only sentence second-degree murder convicts to life in jail if the case involved a victim under the age of 15, or an unborn child, and the defendant had two or more prior convictions with serious offenses, including second-degree murder, kidnapping or manslaughter. Parole remains possible after 25 years.

I hope the jury is aware that if they give her 2nd degree murder she could get out in 5 years or so, I'm sure this is all told to them.
IMO she deserves the DP I just really hope she gets it.

Thank You for posting this and taking the time to look it up :)

Holy Moly. I am reading that article now. I have a couple of questions that occur to me:

Quote:

[B]sociopaths recognize and protect each other. If at all possible screen the jury to prevent the seating of fellow sociopaths.[/B]

Regarding some of these "support Jodi" or "Casey is Innocent" sites....:what: I wonder if "like types" or "fellow sociopaths" are the majority of people who go to those forums, etc.???

Also, Quote:

[I]What’s important to them are the emotions behind the words, words themselves are simply tools[/I]

What in the world would happen if Juan were to somehow trigger JA with a statement regarding "a 5 year old can handle a camera better than you." :what: I can't help but think that set her off.

Your first quote there is why I made a snarky comment yesterday about Nurmi which I am not going to repeat because Nurse will, rightfully, slap me.

huh?????????????????????????

Punishment

Hypothetical, had Jodi been raped and murdered in a viscous manner where she was the victim and had never done anything wrong herself.....Do you feel that all (maybe not all) of her lies would somehow become truths. Would her photography be great and would she be described as having such a promising career whose life was cut short?

In my mind, I can't imagine JA in any other way than she is. I can't conjure up even a hypothetical situation where she isn't evil in any way, shape or form.

Just curious, who goes last in closing arguments, defense or prosecution?

I don't know if AZ houses their 3 female death row inmates in the same place, but Jodi would fit right in with them:

Debra Jean Melke (1991) - got her boyfriend to take her 4 yo son to the desert and shoot him 3 times in the head.

Wendi Andriano (2004-JM prosecutor) - poisoned her husband for the insurance

Shawna Forde (2011) anti-illegal immigrant "activist" orchestrated a home invasion in which a man and his 9 yo daughter will killed.

Whereever they put Jodi, I hope it's somewhere she really, really hates.

If JA gets the DP, the isolation for 23 hrs. a day will be the death of her :great: Plus, I don't think she will be able to have a pencil = no more drawings to sell on ebay. Unfortunately, I think she will be fine if she just gets LWOP.
She has acclimated herself just fine in that enviroment. MOO

Unless I am mistaking.....it might be a point of interest that, the two gas cans she borrowed from Daryl were never returned either.

she said the gas cans are in her grandparents garage, that she never got around to returning them to darryl.

Regarding the gas cans, I believe it went as follows :

1) Monterey - Arias borrows (2) can from DB
2) Salinas - Arias buys the 3rd can from Salinas Walmart and never returns it;
3) Pasadena - Arias fills the car with credit card; fills one of DB cans and the new can with the $40 cash; fills the 3rd can (one of DB's cans) with 2.77 gals as it already had some gas
4) Somewhere between Pasadena - Mesa, but probably closer to Mesa - Arias fills the car with the gas from the cans
5) After the murder, Arias drives through and out of Arizona, filling up somewhere close to the original route (I-15) from S.California to West Jordan UT
6) After seeing Ryan Burns, Arias fills car and all (3) gas cans in SLC
7) Arias fills car in Winnemucca and then again in Sparks NV
8) Somewhere in between Sparks NV and when she returned the car in Redding CA (26 hour gap), Arias has herself a bonfire destroying the remainder of the evidence and causing the smoke smell in the car. Newly purchased gas can is left behind.

IMO, there are approximately 250 unaccounted miles on Arias' rental car receipt, most likely used between Sparks NV and Redding CA. Arias would have needed the extra gas to divert off the main road and also to destroy evidence. The car was also returned with no gas in it.

Thanks! :thumb:

Didn't you just love Juan's objection to them? Pretty much said, well, since she's not dead, she didn't follow through on them, so not admissible!! LOL

:laughcry:

If JA gets the DP, the isolation for 23 hrs. a day will be the death of her :great: Plus, I don't think she will be able to have a pencil = no more drawings to sell on ebay. Unfortunately, she will be fine if she just gets LWOP.
She has acclimated herself just fine in that enviroment. MOO

Yep Yep I believe the only true punishment will need to be the DP, I believe she will be just fine with LWOP.

BBM:

:seeya: I have always been confused about whether or not JA and TA actually did have sex on June 4 -- and I have always been confused about the "sex video" ...

If you can find that portion of that testimony that would be great !

JMO, but I have a hard time believing that they did have sex on June 4 because Jodi SAID THEY DID :liar: ...

But then again, you have the photos on the camera ... confusing, IMO !

:waitasec:
I've had my doubts about this too and I was wondering if she uploaded those pictures to his camera at 1:30, would the camera timestamp them as being taken at 1:30?

Any photographers out there?

Here's my math:

2800/30(assuming mpg)= 93.3 gallons

93.3/12.5g (tank)= 7.46 fill ups
93.3/13g = 7.18 fill ups
93.3/14g = 6.66 fill ups

7 is probably a good guess/avg

OK so her Car had approx a 14 Gallon tank. 3 cans = 15 Gal (say 14) So the tank and cans = 2 fill ups. She could easily fill the tank again bordering AZ with cash, then scoot through AZ on a tank and 3 cans = tank.

Off goes the phone (which she did) so no pings in AZ.

Wow she thought she was so clever. NOT

I'm "one of those people," too -- the grammar and spelling in the video were distracting.

I prefer to sit outside and not at a computer, and do talk to text on phone to participate, I hope that you all will be okay with my mistakes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members