Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!!
It's even more obvious when you look at how she hurriedly tries to explain how she got injured at work. She talks very fast, trying to say every little thing she wants the jury to hear about that incident. But on the 19.65 purchase, she didn't try to come up with any explanation.
Very very telling.

I think she would have preferred to use cash for the gas can fill-ups for obvious reasons.

At 4 am she finds herself at a gas station with the mini-mart closed and she's forced to use a card. I bet she remembers that. Kind of an oh sh** mo,ent.

There is another gas place across the street, w/ a burger king inside. That was probably closed.

She remembers the incident and knows damn well Juan knows that gas station was closed.

she was afraid of the credit card/receipt ruse being uncovered. She thought she got away with it.

Bad surprises leave her speechless

Welcome, I'm new too, and yes so many elements that has sucked me in with this trial!

Where did you get the copied suicide letters from?

Hello:seeya:
Just got back. Sorry for the wait.

I didn't have copies of the letters. But if you go to the timeline/ media link you can usually find what's available. I'm not sure those were entered into evidence!

Mormon Attorney, I've got a question if you're still around, because you always have great insights.

Initially on seeing Jodi on the stand, I was thinking that she was testifying exactly as I would have expected her to: lots and lots and lots of explanations, "I can explain everything away," snow people with stories about I knew what he liked to eat so I bought him groceries at the such-and-such store because it's cheaper and I'm always careful with my money and the vegetables are fresher and, and, and.

But a number of times I've heard her say when JM was getting on her about her inability to answer a question, he'd say "Did I ask you that?" And she'd say, "That's how I interpreted it."

So is that what she does? I mean, we all interpret what people are saying to a certain extent, but I'm wondering if her interactions with normal people leave her somewhat confused and she is constantly trying to figure out what's going on. Does that make sense? I feel like I'm not wording it well. Is it more than manipulation on her part?

Part of me is asking because I have a sister who is schizophrenic. It took me a long time to realize that the real world is this totally foreign place to her. If she has a problem and you ask her how she thinks other people handle it when they have that problem, she has no idea. She doesn't even realize that other people are in any way like her.

Sorry if I'm incoherent. I'm hoping you can make some sense of my ramblings!

I'm still a little confused about the gas cans. If her goal was to avoid being detected while in arizona, why not just pay cash? even if there were security cameras, LE couldn't possibly check every minute of every tape from every gas station looking for her car, or her rental car.

and on a different matter, didn't she just change her story when she discusses getting the gun from the closet? I was pretty sure she went out of her way during cross to say she used only one hand. but for the jury she claimed to use both hands (one grabbed the lip of the shelf while the other grabbed the gun).

Haha, Jason Young went that route (convicted in NC for killing his wife). Paid cash, even found away around cameras, a clerk came to court and identified him.

JoseBaez: Jodi arias is a wonderful witness (eye contact with jurors, verbal skills (Kaddy's paraphrase) etc.
Jose Baez: The only problem is that the prosecution has so many "bad facts."

KW: Ya think?:ohwow:

When did the Helio phone with the phone sex tape get stolen...I mean, lost in Grandpa's car...I mean, oh, fiddlesticks, when did Jodi hide that cell phone and report it to the police?!? :please:

I'm still trying to catch up but I wanted to comment on the Helio phone...

I thought Jodi said that she had recorded other sex tapes? But then I heard her say that it wasn't until she got the Helio from Gus that she was able to record phone conversations? I thought she mentioned something about her old phone did not have the recording feature....:waitasec:

So she just so happens to get a phone from Gus that she can use to record phone conversations. Something just don't seem right....

JMO

Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 150 company, is an independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products. Tesoro, through its subsidiaries, operates seven refineries in the western United States with a combined capacity of approximately 675,000 barrels per day. Tesoro's retail-marketing system includes over 1,375 branded retail stations, of which over 590 are company operated under the Tesoro®, Shell® and USA Gasoline™ brands. The seven refineries are located in:

http://www.tsocorp.com/TSOCorp/AboutUs/PRIMARYPAGE

HLN researched it themselves and posted it. There are no employees there overnight, just the pumps open, you need a card for gas purchase.

Just to clarify

I have NO sympathy for Jodi the murderer. Jodi the psycho needed to be rescued from Jodi the murderer before she got to this point. The 'system' cannot be blamed for not giving mental help to her. IMO, there are multitudes of people in the same category of mental '(un)awareness' who do not murder. They are harmless to others.

Someone said : both her grandparents are deceased you mean passed away! . No pun hugs!

Like in travis case she says passed away.
So that is why she brings up the letters ! Grandparents can't validate her claim.

There are plenty of things to look at, including what's going on in my own mind.

I don't need to give attention or views to someone that nasty. The message is not worth patronizing that kind of offensive crawp.

Maybe more prudent advice would be to the video maker - stick to what you think are the facts and quit that kind of bullying. That's what it is, bullying someone who may have some issues, and I will NOT support it.

In fact I'll ask the moderators to take it down.

I hope you don't ask the Mods to do that. I respect your not wanting to view it and it only is a link that someone has to click to see. Others might find it interesting and I was glad I was able to watch another point of view. Not everyone has logged on today and might want to view it.
:seeya:

JoseBaez: Jodi arias is a wonderful witness (eye contact with jurors, verbal skills (Kaddy's paraphrase) etc.
Jose Baez: He only problem is that the prosecution has so many "bad facts."

facts aren't good or bad, jose.....they're just FACTS.

i despise him and i'm so sorry he gets any air time whatsoever.

HLN just posted on FB that the location of the transactions is only open for gas sales at the pump from 1-6 am and has NEVER been any different. She could have only bought gas and only with a card.

Someone posted that here on one of the threads. Sorry been all over not sure which. Poster said they called and gave phone number if any one wanted to verify. HLN prolly got it from here. Lol

Changing channels, Jose is on HLN.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

:gasp:
Omg....I might need a drink (or a morphine drip) to deal with him.....

:savasana:
:yoga:
:vodka:
:deepbreathing:
;)

I love your posts - you always have great insight. And this post with picture has me giggling nonstop. I am thinking we could get this a very special place in a museum for you... just sayin'!

Edited to note: I am laughing at the picture and not the content...hope that's understood!

thank you yes LOL the picture (not the death!) I get so involved as we all do! The emotions run high, and I want a back button.. to go back and stop these criminals. I hate that frustrated feeling about what if we knew him, heck she drove right by my house to get to his. Ugh..

I don't know who it was but someone new asked how to go to the original post that's being qouted. I think it was in this thread. I forgot to answer. But you just click on the light blue box thingie with the white arrow after the poster's name in the quote.

Jose Baez: He only problem is that the prosecution has so many "bad facts."

Josecanyousee!!
That you won your case because the pinellas jury just wanted to watch movies go to fine dining! And refused to ask questions! He won because of an incompetent jury! To full from eating and too lazy from watching to many movies
They forgot they weren't on vacation! They forgot to do their job refused

Sometimes I get 'tongue tied' while typing, lol.

Lucky to get my ideas across in a meaningful way at times. ( take meds for awful kidney stones)

I read all posts- at least when I can keep up!:seeya:

BBM

Is there such a thing as non-awful kidney stones? :waitasec:

Prosecution

I may be wrong, but I thought the defense always got the last word. Maybe a lawyer can help us out.

Hello:seeya:

I am new to posting, but a long time lurker. This is my first trial I have been sucked in by... and what a doozy.

Yesterday with JM was GREAT! Best objection occured when JM said "Objection, Ms. Arias cannot answer because she says she doesn't remember...if she DOES remember then she should tell us".

Thank you to whomever posted the pictures of the suicide letters to Gma. IMO the little bit we can see looks NOTHING like a letter to someone, to me it looks just like a regular Jodi rant in her diary... Letters TO someone sound different than a journal entry...

Anyway, glad to be here...

:welcome:

Can she be charged with perjury and be slapped with a defamation suit after all this is done just for good measure?

I suppose perjury if she's found not guilty, but if she's guilty what would be the point? I hope the family sues her for wrongful death. That would keep her from making any money off of her art and would keep anyone from putting money into her prison spending account. JMO

I understand what you're saying and I, too, have occasionally been taken aback by some poster's comments. BUT . . .

Calling her a liar or saying that they hate her is why this board is here. Some of us spend a good chunk of our day watching this trial. Emotions run very high. I've said this before: I believed JA was guilty based on news reports but didn't have really strong feelings about her -- until she took the stand. Those 9 days of direct examination by Nurmi really, really changed those feelings. What's wrong with calling her a liar? She IS a liar. What's wrong with saying I hate her? I DO hate her (I haven't ever posted that, btw). This board is a safe place to make these comments and vent a little steam among like-minded people, who understand how I feel.

Maybe it's because the majority of us are women and are venters by nature. It's how we avoid taking it out on our kids or kicking the dog. Probably few of us go down to the racquetball court and take it out on the ball. Maybe we should. :floorlaugh:

As for comments on her photography and the like -- well, that's just the fury coming out. And she is infuriating.

I've always been opposed to the death penalty and some of the comments in that regard make me cringe. But it's legal, and it's what the Alexander family wants, so who am I to criticize? I can work for it to be outlawed, but I would never, ever say that the family of a murder victim is in any way to be condemned for their feelings.

Just my take.

Sadly, she's a liar, murderer, slanderer, and all around evil person. I don't hate her. I find her crime disgusting and unforgivable, but I don't hate her. She's actually quite comical. Obviously I'm not talking about the murder being funny, just her character. The lies she's tried to foist upon America and the jury are so outrageous she opens herself up for some mocking. I'm generally anti-DP, but if anyone should be the poster child for the pro DP side she'd make a very good choice.

Same LOL we are in a one store town ... has a general store combined with a post office, bottle shop, SUSHI!! Petrol would be nice but the bowser is broken :)

I live less than a mile from a Wegmans, two gas stations, a Target, Supercuts, dry cleaner, two mattress stores, three banks, my general practitioner's office, a Chinese restaurant, a pizza place and a Mexican restaurant and more I haven't named. My apartment area is surrounded by trees and makes a nice little place to stay. I love where I am and all of the ease of getting to stuff, especially because of my conditions.

Still reeling from yesterday's end of session. Wow!!!

I'm just glad it was as suspenseful in person as it was on the live stream! (And again a half hour later on HLN!) I literally gasped and covered my mouth... :great:

If the point the OP was making is that is kind of petty for the TH's to ridicule JA because she has a cold sore or because her pants are frumpy then I totally agree, especially after reading the insightful posts by Mormon Attorney earlier today. It does get a little tedious on this forum when I am trying to keep up with an intelligent discussion about a fact or something that happened in the courtroom, but have to slog through four pages of posts of debate on whether or not JA's glasses are real or fake. I don't think anyone here is a JA supporter in any way shape or form, but you must admit that sometimes the personal bashing, especially coming from grown-ups, is a little bit silly. Just sayin'.

Folks, I think it's great we're having this discussion. I'm glad Manzana brought it up. Maybe we need to be reminded to take a look at ourselves and our behavior periodically. That doesn't mean we're doing anything wrong. But I think it's wonderful that not only do we take a look at ourselves in the mirror, but we talk about it. Jodi would never have a (truthful) conversation like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei