Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have unaccounted for mileage right? And if she arrived at Travis' later, than also some time to spare so maybe she did fill up there?

Well she filled up in Pasadena and filled up the gas cans. Her car had a 12-13 gallon capacity.

• From Pasadena to Desert City, it's 171 miles and takes 5 gallons of gas in a 2008 Ford Focus. On cross-exam, Jodi says she was running low on gas and filled up approx 12 gallons - that's not possible, but she could have topped off.

• From Desert City, CA to Buckeye, AZ, it's 170 miles and takes 5 gallons of gas. She said she filled up again in Buckeye and conceded on cross that she was running low on gas, so another 12 gallons of gas in Buckeye - this is not possible, and I do not believe she would have stopped at a gas station this close to Travis' home. However she could have used one of the 5 gallons extra cans and topped off her tank near Travis', leaving her with a full tank and 2 extra 5-gallon cans.

• From Buckeye, AZ to Mesa, AZ is 56 miles and takes 1.7 gallons of gas.

• From Mesa to Hoover Dam is 293 miles and takes 8.6 gallons of gas.

• From Hoover Dam to West Jordan, via Las Vegas, it's 450 miles, and takes 14.2 gallons of gas (more than her car holds, so she would have had to use gas from cans some time before West Jordan)

• From West Jordan to SLC, it's 13 miles and takes .5 gallons of gas.

• So between Mesa and SLC where she bought gas, she would have had to use a minimum of 22.5 gallons of gas -- all of her tank and ALL of the two extra 5-gallon cans cans :waitasec:.

• In SLC she purchased 20.25 gallons of gas (not counting the possible purchase for the 3rd gas can). Presumably she filled up her car and the two cans, so she would have had 22 gallons of gas at that time.

• From SLC to Winnemuca, NV, it's 354 miles and takes 10.4 gallons of gas. She said she was almost on empty when she filled up her car in Winnemuca. She purchased 12 gallons of gas.

• From Winnemuca, NV to Sparks, NV it's 163 miles and takes 4.8 gallons of gas. In Sparks, she bought 5 gallons of gas. So she would have a full tank of gas and an extra 10 gallons in the trunk.

• From Sparks, NV to Yreka, CA , it's 255 miles and takes 7.7 gallons of gas

• From Yreka, CA to Redding, CA, it's 98 miles and takes 3 gallons of gas. In Redding she purchased 9.47 gallons of gas, presumably filling the tank.

• At the end of her trip, she should have also still had 10 gallons of gas in the tanks still if she did not go anywhere else.

CONCLUSION:

1. I don't see any way she could get from Pasadena all the way to Mesa, Hoover Dam, West Jordan and SLC on a full tank of gas and 3, 5-gallon cans. She had to have stopped for more gas somewhere else.

2. If she topped off her tank in Desert Center, she could have made it to SLC without stopping again only if she had 3 extra 5-gallon gas cans. She could not have made it with only 2 extra cans.

3. Unless she went somewhere else after Sparks, NV, she should have ended her trip with 2 full 5-gallon gas cans.

I want Mr Martinez to expand on this, to have her text to him. I really want to know what she did, she upset him so badly.

FROM Travis TO JA
April 2008
(illegible) you have that information. its 15 minutes it would take to gt the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie. So either text me you that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. to have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out.

These 3 are all part of one long text, no replies from JA in between:
05/26/08 at 07:59:15am

I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope you read because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone else is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure *advertiser censored*, even more to the people who know you. You should be embarrassed by it. If he knew what I knew about you he'd spit in ur face. So would everyone else. I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you don't care. It doesn't serve your evilness.

05/26/08 at 08:35:02am

You couldn't get off your lazy butt to to read it could you. That's the sociopath (I) know so well. it freakin figures

05/26/08 at 09:11:11am

I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

I think it was something about Jodi said someone told her he was dating someone and she wouldn't tell who...

IMO she had read his blog on the 18th, got upset...he was talking about finding a wife! She hacked his email, found out about Mimi, pics of her...holy crap she's the one going to Cancun!

They start fighting about it...he is pissed....sends the message.

Sociopath? Worst thing ever? She would show him...
She steals gun, rents car, ga cans etc.
Drives and gets in the house, she looks on his computer for more info/evidence
Plays the youtube video at 4am then crawls into bed with him...says she's sorry they fought..she's driving through on her trip, brought him a check for the car, she'll be on the road in a few hours, can she just sleep there?

I wish the jury would ask her details of everything she did between the hours of 2.00pm and 5:30pm.

If you think about it why would Travis want her to photograph him in the shower. What were they doing before he got in the shower? Why not photograph him getting in? Why not take pics of him in his undies?

Where was she? It would appear she left about 2:00pm angry at him and came back. He may have foolishly left the doors unlocked again. She had to wait till the roommates were gone and watched them leave.

She waited till he was naked and unable to defend himself.

BBM:

:rocker: Good Question !

:waitasec: Send it to the jury ... lol ... hopefully, they are reading here :innocent:

:seeya: And it's great to see you here, Whisperer !

They seemed to 'miss' what was in the binders of those two magazines she tried to send out with messages to MM!

But really now. They have this stuff. She knows they have it. Is she really going to risk not explaining with more whoppers so they don't get surprised? Or are they just playing dumb because there are NO explanations. They seem to ignore a lot because of this. It's not ineffective council it's ineffective CLIENT!:waitasec:

I don't know how this is going to help her professionally. Have you seen her background?

Jennifer L. Willmott, JD

Jennifer Willmott has spent her entire legal career defending people's
rights and freedoms. She received her undergraduate degree from the
University of Arizona in 1992. In 1995 she graduated from Arizona State
University School of Law. Immediately after graduating from law school,
Jennifer joined the Maricopa County Public Defender's Office. As a trial
attorney, Jennifer defended thousands of cases. At the Public Defender's
Office, Jennifer had the opportunity to defend many different types of
cases ranging from misdemeanor DUI charges to homicides. Beginning
in 2001 Jennifer took on the added responsibility of supervising and
training trial attorneys.

She has successfully tried and won serious felony charges including
aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, sexual assault, kidnapping,
child molest, homicide, and auto theft.

Jennifer dedicates her entire practice to defending those charged with
crimes and DUIs. She practices in Maricopa County Superior Court and
all city courts, including Phoenix, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa,
Buckeye, Tolleson, Glendale, Peoria, and Surprise.

In addition to her criminal defense practice, Jennifer has taught hundreds
of attorneys trial practice skills and how to be a competent and effective
criminal defense attorney. Many of the attorneys Jennifer has instructed
are now well respected criminal defense attorneys.

PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES

Member of Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice
Faculty member with MCPD Trial College 2002 to present
Faculty member with APDA Annual Seminar 2003 to present

You think she'd done better. I mean the woman trains trial lawyers for God sakes.

Well she filled up in Pasadena and filled up the gas cans. Her car had a 12-13 gallon capacity.

• From Pasadena to Desert City, it's 171 miles and takes 5 gallons of gas in a 2008 Ford Focus. On cross-exam, Jodi says she was running low on gas and filled up approx 12 gallons - that's not possible, but she could have topped off.

• From Desert City, CA to Buckeye, AZ, it's 170 miles and takes 5 gallons of gas. She said she filled up again in Buckeye and conceded on cross that she was running low on gas, so another 12 gallons of gas in Buckeye - this is not possible, and I do not believe she would have stopped at a gas station this close to Travis' home. However she could have used one of the 5 gallons extra cans and topped off her tank near Travis', leaving her with a full tank and 2 extra 5-gallon cans.

• From Buckeye, AZ to Mesa, AZ is 56 miles and takes 1.7 gallons of gas.

• From Mesa to Hoover Dam is 293 miles and takes 8.6 gallons of gas.

• From Hoover Dam to West Jordan, via Las Vegas, it's 450 miles, and takes 14.2 gallons of gas (more than her car holds, so she would have had to use gas from cans some time before West Jordan)

• From West Jordan to SLC, it's 13 miles and takes .5 gallons of gas.

• So between Mesa and SLC where she bought gas, she would have had to use a minimum of 22.5 gallons of gas -- all of her tank and ALL of the two extra 5-gallon cans cans :waitasec:.

• In SLC she purchased 20.25 gallons of gas (not counting the possible purchase for the 3rd gas can). Presumably she filled up her car and the two cans, so she would have had 22 gallons of gas at that time.

• From SLC to Winnemuca, NV, it's 354 miles and takes 10.4 gallons of gas. She said she was almost on empty when she filled up her car in Winnemuca. She purchased 12 gallons of gas.

• From Winnemuca, NV to Sparks, NV it's 163 miles and takes 4.8 gallons of gas. In Sparks, she bought 5 gallons of gas. So she would have a full tank of gas and an extra 10 gallons in the trunk.

• From Sparks, NV to Yreka, CA , it's 255 miles and takes 7.7 gallons of gas

• From Yreka, CA to Redding, CA, it's 98 miles and takes 3 gallons of gas. In Redding she purchased 9.47 gallons of gas, presumably filling the tank.

• At the end of her trip, she should have also still had 10 gallons of gas in the tanks still if she did not go anywhere else.

CONCLUSION:

1. I don't see any way she could get from Pasadena all the way to Mesa, Hoover Dam, West Jordan and SLC on a full tank of gas and 3, 5-gallon cans. She had to have stopped for more gas somewhere else.

2. If she topped off her tank in Desert Center, she could have made it to SLC without stopping again only if she had 3 extra 5-gallon gas cans. She could not have made it with only 2 extra cans.

3. Unless she went somewhere else after Sparks, NV, she should have ended her trip with 2 full 5-gallon gas cans.

Did you count the Mesquite NV receipt on the bank statement ?

Okay, somebody please help me out with this....

When Juan submitted JA's bank statement showing the three Tesoro gas purchases in Salt Lake City, I noticed just below that there is a listing for a $200+ purchase from Priceline (they book hotels and airplane flights), and then below that there was something to do with a purchase regarding the airport in Sacramento.

Does anyone know anything about this? Who took a flight, and from where to where? Jodi drove back to Yreka, so I'm wondering who....

I also wondered if there was more to getting that bank statement submitted into evidence than Juan let on. Jodi looked a bit ill once she realized he had her bank statement, and while the three gas purchases are a big deal, I suspect there is even more to it than meets the eye. Bigger bombshells coming?

~ Thanks in advance! My work life is crazy-busy right now, so I am only able to see small parts of the trial in 'real-time', and try to watch the complete trial on Youtube at night. So, I've been missing a lot of the discussions here at WS. Miss you guys!

Upthread #670 ILikeToBendPages posted:
On my bank statements I can see the date and time/place it was used and also when it was debited. Wouldn't it be something if Jodi bought the plane ticket before she murdered Travis? [BBM]

Can someone enlighten, please?
Anything, speculation, reliable info, or testimony about tix---who, what, when, and departure location & destination, etc.

An entry which appeared to be a plane tix purchase was on her June 2008 WaMu stmt.
After jury questions Th Mar 7, when JM asked her about the 3 SLC gas purchases, the WaMu stmt showed something from a travel website.

Sorry I've missed so much of the trial & posts here (if tix was discussed).

ETA: Just noticed smart blond posted same questions just above (GMTA!).
Looking forward to any responses.
Thanks in adv.

It was the last couple of days. Maybe in response to a juror question. Will try to wade through media thread to find - send in search crew if I'm not back in 10 min. :D

Helloooooo!!Quester! Are you there?!?!?!? Where are u?!?!?
ConfinedSpaceRescue1000px.jpg

Upthread #670 ILikeToBendPages posted:
On my bank statements I can see the date and time/place it was used and also when it was debited. Wouldn't it be something if Jodi bought the plane ticket before she murdered Travis? [BBM]

Can someone enlighten, please?
Anything, speculation, reliable info, or testimony about tix---who, what, when, and departure location & destination, etc.

An entry which appeared to be a plane tix purchase was on her June 2008 WaMu stmt.
After jury questions Th Mar 7, when JM asked her about the 3 SLC gas purchases, the WaMu stmt showed something from a travel website.

Sorry I've missed so much of the trial & posts here (if tix was discussed).
Thanks in adv.

Here is what I speculate. She filled with Gas, got home, it's now June 6th? 7th? NO transactions as she is home. BUT she knows he is dead, her friends start to call. Memorial is set up.. And I think that is her air fair to fly to Phoenix SkyHarbor Airport for his Memorial? because we can't see dates yet...

Hey Websleuthers! I'ma newb here although I've lurked for years. I went through the CA trial with you all, and after that, I swore that I would never watch another trial again, but so much for that. You guys are so informative and funny (especially when Nurmi drones on and on and on and on lol) and I finally decided to jump in. I'm still learning so forgive me for awhile till I get the hang of it. I'm so glad you guys are here to share my little morbid hobby of true crime with. No one else around me gets it or cares about it, so I'm glad there is a place I can go to not feel so strange. lol! Can't wait to get to know you all, and I hope that I can bring something to such an amazing and interesting forum. And Juan Martinez is such a bad*ss. lol! I love that guy!

:fireworks: :welcome: to WS.

I think it was something about Jodi said someone told her he was dating someone and she wouldn't tell who...

IMO she had read his blog on the 18th, got upset...he was talking about finding a wife! She hacked his email, found out about Mimi, pics of her...holy crap she's the one going to Cancun!

They start fighting about it...he is pissed....sends the message.

Sociopath? Worst thing ever? She would show him...
She steals gun, rents car, ga cans etc.
Drives and gets in the house, she looks on his computer for more info/evidence
Plays the youtube video at 4am then crawls into bed with him...says she's sorry they fought..she's driving through on her trip, brought him a check for the car, she'll be on the road in a few hours, can she just sleep there?

Wow.

This is good stuff you guys.

:bump:

Re: Budget rental car

#113: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www/...et_3_-_qp1.jpg

WHI FORD FOCU 4DR = White Ford Focus 4 door ??Year??

If 2008 model:
[http://www.edmunds.com/ford/focus/20...yle=&sub=sedan]

ENGINE TYPE Gas
FUEL TYPE Regular unleaded
FUEL TANK CAPACITY 13.5 gal.

RANGE IN MILES (CTY/HWY) 324.0/472.5 mi.
EPA MILEAGE EST. (CTY/HWY) 24/35 mpg

If 2007 model: [http://www.edmunds.com/ford/focus/20...yle=&sub=sedan]

ENGINE TYPE Gas
FUEL TYPE Regular unleaded
FUEL TANK CAPACITY 14.0 gal.

RANGE IN MILES (CTY/HWY) 336.0/462.0 mi.
EPA MILEAGE EST. (CTY/HWY) 24/33 mpg

He's giving the backwards peace sign in that one, right? More like V for Vendetta! An Anglo-Saxon hand sign deriving from the Middle Ages, Winston Churchill and, later, Richard Nixon appropriated the index and middle-fingered gesture as a symbol for victory in their respective popular cultures. It may look like a backwards peace sign, but on the streets and sports arenas of the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa, expect neither peace nor victory as a response to this gesture. When traveling the world, avoid ordering two drinks with this sign for "shove it," instead opting again for a wave and a smile.

I didn't realize the timeline had been broken down to so little time for all this sex Jodi said they had ...no wonder Juan was asking what they had for breakfast and all. lol. Poor Travis, the horror he must have endured--he truly was done with her. Anyone figured out yet if she stole from him if his accounts were coming out right? He made that comment about her scamming and all. Once he called her a sociopath, the gun gets stolen within a week from grandpa's gun collection, only the .25 caliber.

Does anyone know about his new floor cleaner left out, something his room-mates said was strange. It looked like he was trying it out and was interrupted. I get the sense that Travis completed tasks he set out to do, being very organized and neat. Especially getting ready for his trip and an important conference call.

He was not making a sign with his fingers. If you look carefully at the photo you can see he is throwing the bottle of KY at her.

MOO

still new here...

thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that posted links and text info I was looking for!

I love reading all of your posts!

Glad to know I am not the only one that can't look away from this trial.

What she did is just so unimaginable. To see the images of who she was and what she looked like years ago and to watch her on the stand looking like she does now - ACTING for that jury - is so disgusting.

It blows my mind that she thinks that people will believe anything that comes out of her mouth. Especially after the 48 Hours/Inside Edition interviews.

Every time she opens her mouth - I am shocked by what comes out of it!

I checked it and no mention of it! His house is such there are a couple side streets she could park, and anywhere around the neighborhood park!

His house marked with a Yellow X...

house.jpg

Wow, it's incredible that she went unnoticed with people arriving home from work and others out enjoying the park.

I don't know how this is going to help her professionally. Have you seen her background?

Jennifer L. Willmott, JD

Jennifer Willmott has spent her entire legal career defending people's
rights and freedoms. She received her undergraduate degree from the
University of Arizona in 1992. In 1995 she graduated from Arizona State
University School of Law. Immediately after graduating from law school,
Jennifer joined the Maricopa County Public Defender's Office. As a trial
attorney, Jennifer defended thousands of cases. At the Public Defender's
Office, Jennifer had the opportunity to defend many different types of
cases ranging from misdemeanor DUI charges to homicides. Beginning
in 2001 Jennifer took on the added responsibility of supervising and
training trial attorneys.

She has successfully tried and won serious felony charges including
aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, sexual assault, kidnapping,
child molest, homicide, and auto theft.

Jennifer dedicates her entire practice to defending those charged with
crimes and DUIs. She practices in Maricopa County Superior Court and
all city courts, including Phoenix, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa,
Buckeye, Tolleson, Glendale, Peoria, and Surprise.

In addition to her criminal defense practice, Jennifer has taught hundreds
of attorneys trial practice skills and how to be a competent and effective
criminal defense attorney. Many of the attorneys Jennifer has instructed
are now well respected criminal defense attorneys.

PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES

Member of Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice
Faculty member with MCPD Trial College 2002 to present
Faculty member with APDA Annual Seminar 2003 to present

You think she'd done better. I mean the woman trains trial lawyers for God sakes.

I didn't have a clue!!!!

Why did KN take over after openings? I don't get it??

I still want to know what exactly she did in Selinas. She seemed very shifty when she mentioned her time there.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousWhiskers