Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a society, we reserve our strongest punishment for those who inflict upon others a painful, excruciating death. We have agreed, and it is reflected in our laws, that it is worse to murder a person by torture, relishing the act, than it is to shoot or drown someone, as horrible as that is.

My son was murdered and it is a comfort to me that he did not suffer. I can only imagine not having that comfort, the aggravation of the loss knowing what their loved one endured as this monster walks them through the details of her crime. And they see the photos.

No question Jodi Arias relished killing Travis and has been enjoying her celebrity as a 48 hours star and being on TV. Think of how she introduced her aunt, like she was Beyonce introducing her family. She is the Hannibal Lector type of murderer, like poster Lauraoh quoted Steinbeck in East of Eden, “She had eyes like a goat, flat, no depth, devoid of human compassion."

This crime is a perfect example of why we have the death penalty.

I am speechless. I am so sorry for your loss.
Good points on this post.

OT: Katiecoolady was incredibly gracious in her interview tonight. She spoke for all of us that are "survivors" of crime, murder, abuse and pain. In trying to make sense of all the pain, we try to inspire change whether personally or through the channels of justice. We try to make a difference, And we try to make sense out of the most horrific of crimes, in our "effort to not just sit there and do nothing". She actually gave my pain "words" and I realized we don't have to be alone in this. In a way, this is a fabulous group of people, a community, striving to make the lives of others better, if not more tolerable. Thank you...

I listened to the radio show tonight (archived- we got home from the tide pools and dinner later than expected) and Dr Glass said that JA is going to FREAK when she is convicted (in private, back in her cell, after it has actually sunk in for her), because JA cannot imagine or fathom people not buying her BS. She also said it will be a serious shock to her system and she should be put on suicide watch.

I have said from early on that I think the same thing- like the Craigslist killer, she will commit suicide.

I know many of you will disagree and say she loves herself too much, and I would agree but she hasn't done it in the past because she really thinks she will get away with Travis murder. I don't think she will last long when she realizes she hasn't. MOO

I find it extremely ironic that he sells insurance for legal services...and still doesn't have a lawyer. Hows that working for ya?

If he doesn't buy his own product why in the heck should anyone else?

The sad thing is that it's working very, very well for him. A guy worth that much money should have a lawyer at his beck and call. I'd be willing to bet that the number of multi-millionaires today that don't have lawyers a phone call away for legal advice could be counted on one hand. JMO

I listened to the radio show tonight (archived- we got home from the tide pools and dinner later than expected) and Dr Glass said that JA is going to FREAK when she is convicted (in private, back in her cell, after it has actually sunk in for her), because JA cannot imagine or fathom people not buying her BS. She also said it will be a serious shock to her system and she should be put on suicide watch.

I have said from early on that I think the same thing- like the Craigslist killer, she will commit suicide.

I know many of you will disagree and say she loves herself too much, and I would agree but she hasn't done it in the past because she really thinks she will get away with Travis murder. I don't think she will last long when she realizes she hasn't. MOO

You make a good point, but she said cutting herself a little really stung. If you're convicted of the death penalty and all your appeals have been exhausted then why not throw in a bunch of knives some rope a live electrical wire etc. JMO

I've felt that way since seeing the picture, but couldn't put it into words. I think she hits the nail on the head. I think it's JA's trophy shot. I'd bet if she could have it poster sized she'd put it on the wall of her cell. JMO

Yep...totally agree ...that pic has always stirred something in me from the first time I saw it... I have always thought pretty much what she said, but like you didnt quite know how to say it.... Poor Travis...

What are tide pools?

I think she'll enjoy LWOP. If she gets the DP....maybe she will try nicking herself again.,, probably not though. IMO

I still can't get over she described her nick as a serious attempt... Eyeroll. And I don't think the jury will forget her whine about how painful it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sad thing is that it's working very, very well for him. A guy worth that much money should have a lawyer at his beck and call. I'd be willing to bet that the number of multi-millionaires today that don't have lawyers a phone call away for legal advice could be counted on one hand. JMO

I'm not rich, and I do.

It's like pulling teeth to get DB to admit that he gave her gas cans and the same before he admits about the remote. He denies MM was ever there. What is with this?? It makes no sense unless she has something on them? Why not just straight out tell the truth? They've done nothing wrong. What do they have to hide? (Apart from their faces???) Strange that.

moo

Hold up, my friend. Some of us have reason to lack confidence in the justice system in America. We have seen killers go free. We have seen them get out by mistake. We have seen them paroled early because of crowded conditions and then they kill or rape again.

Remember the couple who gave the video to Dr. Drew that showed JA and TA on the sofa with her draped all over him? The wife of that couple said she told Arias off, culminating with an order to get out of her house. AFTER that, Arias calmly wanders into the kitchen and sits on a stool while the woman is making dinner. She is trying to intimidate her--sending a message that she will not be thrown out. People were afraid of Jodi Arias because she was threatening in her lack of respect for others.

These people are afraid she will get off or get out of prison and come after them.

As a society, we reserve our strongest punishment for those who inflict upon others a painful, excruciating death. We have agreed, and it is reflected in our laws, that it is worse to murder a person by torture, relishing the act, than it is to shoot or drown someone, as horrible as that is.

My son was murdered and it is a comfort to me that he did not suffer. I can only imagine not having that comfort, the aggravation of the loss knowing what their loved one endured as this monster walks them through the details of her crime. And they see the photos.

No question Jodi Arias relished killing Travis and has been enjoying her celebrity as a 48 hours star and being on TV. Think of how she introduced her aunt, like she was Beyonce introducing her family. She is the Hannibal Lector type of murderer, like poster Lauraoh quoted Steinbeck in East of Eden, “She had eyes like a goat, flat, no depth, devoid of human compassion."

:::::heavy breath::::: I am so, so, sorry for your loss. There are no words. The fact that you are a "Grammy"...as am I..makes me feel connected to you. Also, I have followed your thoughtful and thought provoking posts. I don't understand why evil exists. Sometimes I think I am just so naive. I complain about the psychopathic manipulators at the office, and suddenly I am thrust into perspective by your story and so many others who have been forever changed by violence. It's one of the many reasons I was on the board for Kids For Peace. I don't know iF we can ever truly eradicate evil from humanity, but I want to go down swinging.

I feel the need to recite the Kids Peace Pledge tonight...like a rosary ...almost.

Much love..and more and more love, to you.

I know I'm repeating myself, but here goes:

I know the photo with the baseboard in it is supposed to be his body being dragged down the hall, but it is very BLUE, so try as I might, I cannot get past the image being a body in a sheet. They never found any blue sheets though, so don't know. If anyone here is handy with "paintbrush" and can edit it to give some of us a clue, I'd be forever grateful.

That 'baseboard' photo is not blue on my computer screen, the object being pulled is brownish rust red for me. This is the photo that shows a length of baseboard with an object on the left. I think any blue you are seeing is from enhancing the photo. (Of course the rust color could be from the same thing FAIK)

self-portrait.gif

At first glance I thought it was the glow of a candle in her hand but now see she is holding a camera. Where is the light coming from? Eerie.

What are tide pools?

I think she'll enjoy LWOP. If she gets the DP....maybe she will try nicking herself again.,, probably not though. IMO

I still can't get over she described her nick as a serious attempt... Eyeroll. And I don't think the jury will forget her whine about how painful it was.

BBM

Over 48 years of shaving I've nicked myself quite a few times. Maybe I should have called the suicide hotline. :eek:

Detective Flores showed Jodi it and she said that her pants were a different color, he then told Jodi the discoloration was due to the process of enhancing the photo.

I remember that and I could see the pants & foot in that photo....it's the other one.....the one of the baseboard, was that enhanced too? I don't know how she could drag him (sorry to say this) without his head falling back due to the gash. If its his back....why no blood near the top since there seemed to be blood around his upper back in the pants/foot picture?

I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to SEE it.

I am so sorry for your loss. :cry: You are such an asset to this board and to all victims. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I have so much respect for you. God Bless and thank you!

I've felt that way since seeing the picture, but couldn't put it into words. I think she hits the nail on the head. I think it's JA's trophy shot. I'd bet if she could have it poster sized she'd put it on the wall of her cell. JMO

That photo moves me too. I just can't separate my own knowledge of what happens next and my feelings about that to objectively have an opinion. I agree though... It's a photo I will never forget. It's haunting.

Hold up, my friend. Some of us have reason to lack confidence in the justice system in America. We have seen killers go free. We have seen them get out by mistake. We have seen them paroled early because of crowded conditions and then they kill or rape again.

Remember the couple who gave the video to Dr. Drew that showed JA and TA on the sofa with her draped all over him? The wife of that couple said she told Arias off, culminating with an order to get out of her house. AFTER that, Arias calmly wanders into the kitchen and sits on a stool while the woman is making dinner. She is trying to intimidate her--sending a message that she will not be thrown out. People were afraid of Jodi Arias because she was threatening in her lack of respect for others.

These people are afraid she will get off or get out of prison and come after them.

Can not help but wonder if ja's family are relieved that she is in jail. Jmo

sent from droid dna

BBM

Over 48 years of shaving I've nicked myself quite a few times. Maybe I should have called the suicide hotline. :eek:

I hope this helps my friend. :floorlaugh: WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE

[video=youtube;SP7Oa3ZruOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP7Oa3ZruOM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members