Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how morbidly gross that her head rolled into the gallery where the spectators were sitting.
If could she could have seen that (out of body) she would have been hysterical with laughter. She never displayed fear.

I have this terrible habit of trying to imagine myself in others shoes....empathy to the extreme...I think it would be absolutely horrifying to realize, even for a moment, my head hitting the ground. Shiver.

I just realized that probably ALL of that, especially the sex (and the proposal), was for Mimi Hall's benefit. This is a clear case of "if I can't have you, nobody will". But she wants to stick it to Mimi and any other woman who she fears Travis felt was better than her. So, Travis loved her, thought she was beautiful, wanted to marry her and gave her great sex.

Even facing death she is so obsessed with besting someone like Mimi, she can't help but veer from the script.

Oh yes. It also shows me that to this day, five years after his death at her hands, she is still completely obsessed with Travis. In her world, in her version she can write a different script. A script where Travis loved her, where he couldn't be without her. A script where only she knew his deepest, darkest secrets. She can inject him into her "ravishment" fantasies. She just needs everyone to know how much more Travis loved her. How much closer they were than anyone else in her life. The whole thing is just so utterly tragic and haunting.

I've always wondered when they used the guillotine or like in the above case her head detached quickly...if the owner of the head had a moment of recognition their head left their body and hit the ground.

Yeah...yeah... I know I'm weird.

The French did experiments on this! They called the name of one 'victim' of the guillotine as his head fell in the basket and thought that his eyes turned towards the voice and showed recognition.

Here's a link http://europeanhistory.about.com/od/thefrenchrevolution/a/dyk10.htm

The French did experiments on this! They called the name of one 'victim' of the guillotine as his head fell in the basket and thought that his eyes turned towards the voice and showed recognition.

Here's a link http://europeanhistory.about.com/od/thefrenchrevolution/a/dyk10.htm

Thanks! Thirteen seconds is a long time! IMO!

I am not really for or against the death penalty. But I do feel strongly it should be humane. Not for the condemned, benefit but for the rest of us. It's speaks to our humanity. They should be put down like a rabid dog. I see it more as a mercy killing for a sick beast than as a punishment.

All IMO

I am not really for or against the death penalty. But I do feel strongly it should be humane. Not for the condemned, benefit but for the rest of us. It's speaks to our humanity. They should be put down like a rabid dog. I see it more as a mercy killing for a sick beast than as a punishment.

All IMO

They will always get a far more humane death than their victims.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Isn't Tanisha a police officer in CA?

Something is not passing the mustard test for me. This happened back in 2002, tens years ago yet a search performed last week or even today renders the record as Travis' why in all these years has it not been corrected? Records can get expunged much easier and this is not even the same person so on a mix up on identity, I would think it would be simple to get Riverside to change the record.

I think it's not Tanisha, maybe Samantha, who's LE. I agree with you about the record.

They will always get a far more humane death than their victims.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. They deserve far worse. But ....what would that do to the ones burdened to have to carry it out? ( if it were worse)

Holy cow...radio host Michael Savage is calling judge Stephens a "psycho" and she should be disbarred ....
TOTALLY disrespectful.
MOO.

I listened to Michael Savage a few years ago, thought he was rather interesting. But then at one point he really started getting kind of crazy, off the wall, then just became more or less a raving lunatic. He doesn't seem to have any good reasons for anything he says and is just all over the place. So this comment of his doesn't really come as any surprise to me. JMO

All IMO

That's the way I see it, too. Appropriate where the life at issue can't function in civilized society

Our katie is in the limousine, then the hotel room, posting pictures on her threat Getting ready for the Ricki Lake Show tomorrow that she's going to be interviewed for.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Does anybody know when it will air?

That's the way I see it, too. Appropriate where the life at issue can't function in civilized society

OMG! Mark this date! Karmady and I found something we agree on!

Let me look out the window and see if pigs are flying !

This deserves a toast! Cheers !

:)

Don't laugh but I've read and heard that when a prisoner who's been in prison/jail gets out, they of course are so far behind on what's going on in the world & everyday happenings in their family lives. Here's where you don't laugh as this was a line in Mob Wives, "It's like they don't age in there" or something like that.

I think Jodi is still stuck on his harsh words on 5/26, his moving on, the the Mimi trip and not having Travis. It's still very real to her as her life in jail is not that exciting or worth writing home about. This is what she has had 5 years to relive and relive.

She's just not at all believable on the stand. You can read her so well.

Don't laugh but I've read and heard that when a prisoner who's been in prison/jail gets out, they of course are so far behind on what's going on in the world & everyday happenings in their family lives. Here's where you don't laugh as this was a line in Mob Wives, "It's like they don't age in there" or something like that.

I think Jodi is still stuck on his harsh words on 5/26, his moving on, the the Mimi trip and not having Travis. It's still very real to her as her life in jail is not that exciting or worth writing home about. This is what she has had 5 years to relive and relive.

She's just not at all believable on the stand. You can read her so well.

Yep, time stands still for them. No iPhone5 for them! Limited news, the rest of the world keeps moving, changing and growing. In prison I imagine its like Ground Hog Day, especially on death row. Everyday the same....

Maybe Travis had the 'save passwords' option? I think Explorer has it. I know my 'Firefox' has it.

OMG! Mark this date! Karmady and I found something we agree on!

Let me look out the window and see if pigs are flying !

This deserves a toast! Cheers !

:)

:::clink::: Here's to common ground :) There's a minivan in my 'hood with a vanity tag that says pigsflw. Cracks me up every time I see it. Didn't we all think we'd never do the mini-van? lol

Fear of misuse of such information, plus stigma, prevents science from moving forward with isolating genes and developing therapies to treat incipient mental illness.

I think it's ironic that I know by heart the four characteristics of a dangerous mole, thanks to public information dissemination but no acronym to help a parent recognize serious mental illness in a child. There is no mandatory reporting for violent children! I think this is a huge oversight, part of a mentality that says we can't solve it all, so let's not do anything.

Before he died, my son told me he wanted to kill strangers. "Why harm people who have done you no harm?" He answered, "So they will stop laughing at me." I took him to public health psychiatrist who would not talk to me at all --he said there was no money for that, they could only talk to the patient. Of course he didn't tell the doctor he was homicidal, so the result of that day's visit was the instruction for him to stop drinking and then come back and report if he still had any symptoms of anxiety.

Another time (one of many) I took him to the emergency room, on the way he said he would seriously injure the first tech who laid a hand on him. I wanted to tell the med tech and tried to take him aside and he said this to me, "There is nothing we need to talk about that we can't say in front of your son. Let's show some respect, shall we."

We do not have to have genome mapping to start taking the reports of parents and teachers that a child is DANGEROUS, that he loves causing pain and needs treatment.

Honestly, when he died I was relieved that my son did not take innocent people with him. Although the grieving was absolutely horrible, there was a fear that I had learned to live with, a tension that I never knew was there, it was lifted.

I cannot begin to comprehend the emotional turmoil you went through. Thank you for sharing your story.

I realize my suggestion came across as pretty naive since I had already figured out the information misuse and stigma arguments would negate such a suggestion even if the identities of the "particpants" were coded somehow to avoid identification. But without identifying a root cause how can we ever begin to truly help those in need and, in some cases, protect the innocent from getting killed? Yeah, a theoretical question I know especially in light of your comments about parents and teachers not being heard/believed by the mental health industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor