Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very beginning of the trial, I remember she said the reason that she did this was because he attacked her. In my opinion, she was referring to he attacked her with words. What I had never noticed were the words that she used in this. That the spitting in the face. And remember how she said on stand the other day that he was spitting, no it was water perhaps!

As we have all been saying, mark her words. Everything she says has something to do with something in the past it seems.

Moo

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
RE: TA text

Reading this again, what pops out to me, is the mysterious man and his e-mail.
MM, he pops to mind.
I intensely, and with feeling, want this person on the stand.
And I might not need Lillian Glass to tell me he's lying as I watch him swallow his tongue if he lies. Always my favorite part.
:fence:

I got back from my weekend trip to Phoenix (actually stayed in Tempe), today. I wish they would have had trial this Monday! I could have sat in on a morning session.

Anyhow, something came to me today. I keep wondering why jodi doesn't stick to the script - that she was terrified of Travis because he abused her physically AND sexually. It has been odd to me that she admits to liking the sex "very much so" and adds weird little lies about Travis proposing and how much she loves him and what a great guy he was, etc.

I just realized that probably ALL of that, especially the sex (and the proposal), was for Mimi Hall's benefit. This is a clear case of "if I can't have you, nobody will". But she wants to stick it to Mimi and any other woman who she fears Travis felt was better than her. So, Travis loved her, thought she was beautiful, wanted to marry her and gave her great sex.

Even facing death she is so obsessed with besting someone like Mimi, she can't help but veer from the script.
The sex talk is also aimed at humiliating and angering Travis, his family, and his friends/girlfriends. Psychopathic Jodi feels powerful because she is able to cause them emotional pain and they can't do anything at this time to stop her.

Psychopaths also delight in breaking laws and crossing boundaries. Jodi has crossed a huge boundary by bringing her smutty language, vivid descriptions of deviant sexual acts, and nasty photos into the courtroom and strangers' living rooms through television.

I apologize, in advance since this might be a little OT.

When I was in college it became quickly apparent that I had no aptitude for the social sciences - the "ologies" such as psychology, sociology, anthropology, etc. Maybe it was because I was a mathematics major and I like the soundness of the fact that 2+2=4 always and forever - no variation, no deviation. I'm pretty much a black and white person and until I got into my late 30s or so, there were very few any shades of gray with me. So reading about sociopaths/psychopaths always makes my head spin. But finally, watching JA in action (however one wishes to characterize her) has given me an insight that my old black and white mind could never have understood before. She is both creepy and frightening.

I watched the CA trial on the Internet (haven't had a TV since '97) and was fascinated by the workings of the trial but infuriated by the outcome. Since CA wisely chose not to take the stand, it was not possible to see her true personality emerge although the media was, as with JA, labeling her a sociopath/psychopath. Since I didn't have the "visuals" to help me understand As personality, I started reading true crime stories - trying to get a grasp on why killers do what they do. (I avoided text books because I probably would have fallen into a Jodi-like fog.) Just recently I read 4 books about Ted Bundy; I don't know what affected me so much about him, but I kept reading because all I could think was why, why, why and how, how, how does someone become this way.

Certainly the crimes that JA, CA and TB are horrific but I found myself equally horrified thinking that there must be some genetic or environmental impetus(or perhaps a combination of these) that leads to such behavior and maybe, just maybe, we, as a society, have some tools at hand to reduce/eliminate this behavior.. A "normal" mind just wouldn't go the way of these three. But it was Anagrammy's post, a very heartbreaking story, about her sociopathic son which prompted me to write this post and ask a question of those of you more familiar with the workings within the social sciences fields.

Is there, or has there been, any thought given to creating a unoversal database of characteristics of known sociopaths/psychopaths along with a collection of their DNA which could be tested, specifically genome sequencing? I would imagine the ACLU would have apoplexy over this idea but if we could get a genetic "handle" on this behavior and treat it with drugs and/or counseling, perhaps in the future we could reduce the chances of a Travis being butchered or a Caylee being smothered and buried or a sorority house in Florida having two of its members slain along with two being viciously attacked.

Anyone have a response?

I hope not. Zealots and uninformed politicians will be calling for forced sterilization or another eugenics movement in the US in no time imo. I guess it's a question of what is done with the information.

I have this terrible habit of trying to imagine myself in others shoes....empathy to the extreme...I think it would be absolutely horrifying to realize, even for a moment, my head hitting the ground. Shiver.

OMG, I do that too. It's like a compulsion. Sometimes it can get kind of scary can't it? :yes: So I adopted a similar philosophy to that of Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) from one of my favorite movies "What About Bob". He's the very neurotic patient of psychiatrist Dr. Leo Marvin (Richard Dreyfuss). Bob believes that as long as he pretends something is wrong with him, then nothing really is wrong with him. Does that make sense? :waitasec:
Of course after this post, I'm sure everyone will be thinking something really is wrong with me... :rolleyes:

I just re-read jury question #113 and WOW I hope the jury heard the whole answer. If you remember the emotions you have to remember the stabbing.

Was thinking about the jury question about jodi coming out unscathed after the murder.
I wonder if they are trying tonsend her a message?
If this was a self defence thing! She would be bruised and have more severe injuries. Unscathed as in we don't believe you! It's not consistent with self defence. He had more defensive wounds.

The sex talk is also aimed at humiliating and angering Travis, his family, and his friends/girlfriends. Psychopathic Jodi feels powerful because she is able to cause them emotional pain and they can't do anything at this time to stop her.

Psychopaths also delight in breaking laws and crossing boundaries. Jodi has crossed a huge boundary by bringing her smutty language, vivid descriptions of deviant sexual acts, and nasty photos into the courtroom and strangers' living rooms through television.

Considering! She has accused his girlfriends of whoredoms! When indeed she was the one committing the whoredom.
Look who's calling the kettle black.

OMG, I do that too. It's like a compulsion. Sometimes it can get kind of scary can't it? :yes: So I adopted a similar philosophy to that of Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) from one of my favorite movies "What About Bob". He's the very neurotic patient of psychiatrist Dr. Leo Marvin (Richard Dreyfuss). Bob believes that as long as he pretends something is wrong with him, then nothing really is wrong with him. Does that make sense? :waitasec:
Of course after this post, I'm sure everyone will be thinking something really is wrong with me... :rolleyes:
I love that movie! I love when Bob meets the"Fam" and when he is eating dinner at their vacation house and moaning about how yummy the food was.Classic!
I feel good....I feel wonderful....

Quiet day on the forum! I just wanted to list a few inconsistencies that remain in my mind after hearing the Jodi's testimony re-cap on NG tonight ... I'm sure the jurors might ask some of these questions (or they should!)

1. If Jodi had blood on her hands and clothing after the killing, and didn't wash them off until she used the Costco water bottles in the desert, how did she leave the house without leaving a single drop of blood outside of Travis' bedroom suite? And how was it that there was no blood reported in the rental car?

2. In her foggy and hopelessly near-sighted condition, without a GPS, how is it that she managed to 1) Leave Mesa by merging onto the AZ-202 loop 2) Exit onto the US-60 West 3) Merge onto the I-10 West 4) Exit onto the AZ-101 north 5) Exit onto US-60 West 6) Merge onto the US-93 North 7) Briefly merge onto I-40 West 8) Take US-93 North toward the Nevada border 9) Merge onto I-15 North heading past Las Vegas to Salt Lake City. 9) All in a FOG!

The route to I-15 North from Mesa is NOT something you could do in a fog. Ha! I've driven it many times. Jodi herself says she remembers "many stoplights." That's because there is NO DIRECT INTERSTATE BETWEEN PHOENIX AND LAS VEGAS! You have to take state highways -- several of them, in fact.

Here is the mapquest: http://mapq.st/WFbyKl

3. Upon direct examination Jodi testified that Travis never threatened to kill her until after she shot him. So how did she know her life was in danger before that?

4. If Jodi were really experiencing a budget crunch at the time of her trip, as she claimed, WHY did she drive all the way down the California coast to Southern California instead of just driving straight to Utah from Yreka? Her round-trip mileage (as has been reported) was 2,800 miles. But driving straight to Salt Lake and back would have have been just 1,400 miles. She doubled her mileage! And ultimately, she drove all that way to Southern California to see someone who apparently wasn't even home! Who drives 1,400 miles out of there way if there are no CONCRETE plans in place for a visit?

5. If your car was parked in Travis' driveway for 16 hours as you claim, how come nobody saw it there?

6. If you stopped twice in Arizona for gas, how is it that the gas cans were empty in Salt Lake City?

7. If Travis knew his gun wasn't loaded, why did you think he would stop?

I am glad the jury caught Jodi in two HUGH whopper lies before recess. The gas cans and the cut on her finger. Especially since a juror just asked specifically about the CUT on her finger and no one was yelling at Jodi at that time.

I've always wondered when they used the guillotine or like in the above case her head detached quickly...if the owner of the head had a moment of recognition their head left their body and hit the ground.

Yeah...yeah... I know I'm weird.

Blegh! But if you are weird, folks in France back in the day were positively bonkers. At least one guy studied that. He studied it with prisoners being guillotined, I mean... for real. I won't go into the details because they freak me out waaaaay too much.

With that lady's story about the hanging, I snickered when I read that more men fainted than women at the 1st execution to allow women to view it!

Was thinking about the jury question about jodi coming out unscathed after the murder.
If this was a self defence thing! She would be bruised and have more severe injuries. Unscathed as in we don't believe you! It's not consistent with self defence. He had more defensive wounds.

BBM: When she was asked that question I bet she was wishing she had admitted to cutting her finger during the knife attack, or have a foggy memory of leaving with a cut on her finger, b/c I think the jury gets it now. :floorlaugh: So How's that "Travis kicked me" story working for you now JA? :blushing:

Quiet day on the forum! I just wanted to list a few inconsistencies that remain in my mind after hearing the Jodi's testimony re-cap on NG tonight ... I'm sure the jurors might ask some of these questions (or they should!)

1. If Jodi had blood on her hands and clothing after the killing, and didn't wash them off until she used the Costco water bottles in the desert, how did she leave the house without leaving a single drop of blood outside of Travis' bedroom suite? And how was it that there was no blood reported in the rental car?

2. In her foggy and hopelessly near-sighted condition, without a GPS, how is it that she managed to 1) Leave Mesa by merging onto the AZ-202 loop 2) Exit onto the US-60 West 3) Merge onto the I-10 West 4) Exit onto the AZ-101 north 5) Exit onto US-60 West 6) Merge onto the US-93 North 7) Briefly merge onto I-40 West 8) Take US-93 North toward the Nevada border 9) Merge onto I-15 North heading past Las Vegas to Salt Lake City. 9) All in a FOG!

The route to I-15 North from Mesa is NOT something you could do in a fog. Ha! I've driven it many times. Jodi herself says she remembers "many stoplights." That's because there is NO DIRECT INTERSTATE BETWEEN PHOENIX AND LAS VEGAS! You have to take state highways -- several of them, in fact.

3. Upon direct examination Jodi testified that Travis never threatened to kill her until after she shot him. So how did she know her life was in danger before that?

4. If Jodi were really experiencing a budget crunch at the time of her trip, as she claimed, WHY did she drive all the way down the California coast to Southern California instead of just driving straight to Utah from Yreka? Her round-trip mileage (as has been reported) was 2,800 miles. But driving straight to Salt Lake and back would have have been just 1,400 miles. She doubled her mileage! And ultimately, she drove all that way to Southern California to see someone who apparently wasn't even home! Who drives 1,400 miles out of there way if there are no CONCRETE plans in place for a visit?

5. If your car was parked in Travis' driveway for 16 hours as you claim, how come nobody saw it there?

6. If you stopped twice in Arizona for gas, how is it that the gas cans were empty in Salt Lake City?

i wrote my own mini-rant on that this morning...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

:)

I want to know which hand she shot Travis with. If he was charging her like a linebacker, and she is left handed, how did the bullet enter his right skull?

He was doing the flying nun tackle of course. :great:

If this was a self defence thing! She would be bruised and have more severe injuries. Unscathed as in we dont believe you! It's not consistent with self defence. He had more defensive wounds.

I was totally struck by that even BEFORE I started following this case here. I thought to myself, there is no way this could even remotely be called self defense.. just like that other case, (Wright?) where the perp stabbed the victim over one hundred times?!?! Common sense screams, NO!

I want to know which hand she shot Travis with. If he was charging her like a linebacker, and she is left handed, how did the bullet enter his right skull?

Yes, she is ambidextrous, or ambidangerous as I call her!

If she were using her left hand, his right temple would be to her left side, so that is consistent. But there is no way for a bullet trajectory to go sideways and down if the "attack" was coming straight at her. If Jodi's story were to be true, then the bullet would have gone forward (through his skull) and back and lodged in the back of his head, not down and in front by his cheek.

Path of bullet shows Travis was shot from someone standing above him and slightly behind and to the right of him, most likely when he was facing upward.

Very excellent points!!! Many thoughts I have had, except the travel exits since I am not from around the area I wouldn't know the routes. However, if she has to take that many merging on/off exits, lordy, she has to be "awake" paying attention to the road! sheeesh

I do not think Travis had a gun. I think she brought her grandfather's gun and shot dear Travis after all said done (the stabbings).

I believe there was the Public Relation/Testimony story and the real story. The real story she drove to Redding, Pasadena then to Mesa Az then to Utah then back home.

I believe she took a shower went through the closet to his bedroom, got dressed and down the stairs then doing the last minute stuff before leaving.

She used the gas cans so nobody would see her. IMHO..

I don't know where her car was located probably down the street. Just a thought.

I am soooooooo Glad the evidence is there to show the "Jodi PR story" is a big fat lie!!! The Angels are with the Prosecutor, Travis' family and with Travis to put Jodi away one way or another.

JMHO

Isn't Tanisha a police officer in CA?

Something is not passing the mustard test for me. This happened back in 2002, tens years ago yet a search performed last week or even today renders the record as Travis' why in all these years has it not been corrected? Records can get expunged much easier and this is not even the same person so on a mix up on identity, I would think it would be simple to get Riverside to change the record.

I had a warrant out for my arrest for 10 years over a court mistake, so I can definitely see it. They didn't even call me! It took 10 years to find out because I never speed, etc. Finally one night my headlight burned out and I was getting a warning ticket for that after work. That's when we all (the cops and me, lol) realized that there was a bench warrant out on me!

It was tossed out of court a month later, but it was certainly in the system all that time, in error. It happens :)

If she were using her left hand, his right temple would be to her left side, so that is consistent. But there is no way for a bullet trajectory to go sideways and down if the "attack" was coming straight at her. If Jodi's story were to be true, then the bullet would have gone forward (through his skull) and back and lodged in the back of his head, not down and in front by his cheek.

Path of bullet shows Travis was shot from someone standing above him and slightly behind and to the right of him, most likely when he was facing upward.

Maybe they are playing the magic bullet card from JFK days. :waitasec:

That is right. "As they say", bullets do not turn left or right angles. They have to got straight unless they bounce off bone which .22 is fully capable of doing which makes it so dangerous.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member