Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it known when JA began making entries in to a journal? Wondering if she did this before or after meeting TA. Thx.

All I can say is JM needs to take some pointers from the Judge and her mannerisms in court.

JM is not a judge. He's the prosecutor and it is up to him to try her in front of the jury. If he makes her look bad that is because the facts of the case prove she is lying. Prosecute means to indict, accuse, put on trial, impeach. It does not say I'm here to make sure that no one hurts your feelings because you killed someone. JM is doing what he has been hired to do, prosecute her. The judge's duty is to make sure she gets a fair trial. jmo

Again, Jodi is on trial. Jodi made the decision to take the stand because she had to. She is claiming self defense with no witnesses. She is not a sitting duck by any stretch. Jodi is paying the price for the crime of killing Travis by stabbing him 29 times, shooting him in the temple and cutting his throat from ear to ear. Somehow she had no problem cutting big man Travis to pieces and now it time to pay for her crime. If Jodi regrets where she is sitting right now she should have thought twice about her actions. If she does not like the way the prosecutor is treating her then maybe she should make an effort to be truthful with her answers instead of continuing to lie on the stand. jmo

Don't get me wrong. I have no idea what is happening in her brain as far as reasoning goes. I believe she committed a terrible crime.
My thinking is she is impaired in some way. She is not capable of living and thinking like you and I do. Do we sit back and keep score and laugh at her every mistake? Does this make us more civilized? HLN is having a field day with this. Do you think they are profiting from this case?

Beth Karas is on HLN now and continues to talk about this identity theft thing. She still sounds skeptical of the explanation that has been given and said nothing has been confirmed. :confused:

I hate that this is being given so much attention. :(

Maybe they should locate Greg Alexander and let him speak for himself instead of throwing out speculation.

All I can say is JM needs to take some pointers from the Judge and her mannerisms in court.

:waitasec: JMO, but if Mr. M took any "pointers" from the judge, he would not be capturing the attention of the jury, the media and the public !

It is Mr. M who lights up that courtroom :fireworks:

:waitasec: If he took any "pointers" from Judge S, he would be a bore [ yawn ... yawn ] like her and Nurmi ...

JMO and MOO !

Idk I think it's the judges job and role to be neutral, it is the defenses job to try and gain sympathy and make the jury connect with the defendant and their defense story, and it is the prosecutor's role to try and gain sympathy and passion for the victim... This all in addition to presenting evidence and whatnot from both sides. If JM had the neutrality that the judge exhibits, the jury would be less likely to spark their own inner passion for the victim. We are all human, and we connect through others displays of emotion. There's a reason we walk into a group of people laughing and we start laughing for no reason, it's just human nature. Trials are about the evidence and the crime but normal people cannot separate their emotional bias completely from their decision. The defense is working with a flawed defendant who cannot display the emotions to garner any sympathy or connection with the jury. If she was truly crying and remorseful on the stand I guarantee the jurors questions would not be the way they are now, but she can't authentically display emotion. The jury can't connect with what isn't there. I think JM is well suited to further fan the flames of disgust toward JA and her actions within the jurors by the way he handles JA. I think it may even give some comfort to the jurors that the disgust they feel toward JA is warranted and OK.
JMO, respectfully.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Knowing this it seems it wasn't a good idea for JA to take the stand and go through the scrutiny she has been exposed to. She never had a chance. Now she is a sitting duck, an easy target for little big man to rip her to pieces.
Fortunately for her the 'ripping her to pieces' is hyperbole.

Travis wasn't so lucky.

eta to clarify.

Maybe they should locate Greg Alexander and let him speak for himself instead of throwing out speculation.
The booking pic would solve this very quickly.

Neesaki?
What was his reason for such request.? It was all about JA not wanting her parents,sista! and brother to hear that video. That's the first and only time I've seen her! Cry real tears. Her eyes were swollen! I'm sure she was humiliated. But nothing could be more humiliating than to have travis family sitting in the courtroom hearing the unfounded claims she's made about travis.
This girl has been out of control for many years! Beginning in her teens and escalating to this!

bbm, I have been thinking this too. All of her back and forth, first yes then no, she knows she's toast and is hoping that they will be confused but I think with the questions from the jurors last week she now knows they are not easily confused.

I agree with the questions, surely she knows.

Don't get me wrong. I have no idea what is happening in her brain as far as reasoning goes. I believe she committed a terrible crime.
My thinking is she is impaired in some way. She is not capable of living and thinking like you and I do. Do we sit back and keep score and laugh at her every mistake? Does this make us more civilized? HLN is having a field day with this. Do you think they are profiting from this case?

not sure if it makes me more civilized or not but I am keeping track of her lies (and mistakes in which lies she remembers she told which way on what day). Yes I am.

Yes hln profits every time someone turns on a teevee and tunes it to their station. (I personally haven't turned it on one time while following the trial... speaking only for myself of course)

The biggest question for me remains as to how did she manage to get from the super-angry text messages to taking nekked pics with him again??

What happened in the middle? I can't imagine a simple apology would do it. I can't imagine that even telling the truth would do it. And from what we know, they only talked on the phone one other time.

But the pics don't seem IMO to be coerced (I wondered at first, but FOR ME, it's been established that it was consensual).

Maybe it is as simple as a guy thinking with his little brain...I dunno.

Both roommates said Travis never locked the door (and one said he didn't even have a house key), that day I think it was Zack who had to return a rental car and was in and out I think twice (once in the morning when he saw Travis and later (from 3 - 4 I think), I believe Travis went to sleep after the 12:12 text with Chris and she waited outside until around 1:00, came in, staged the nudie pics and he woke up during (the last pic of Travis is telling).

I think he told her to leave again, she did, he went back to sleep (pic of his back in the shower looks like it has bedsheet lines on the small of his back) she came back in while he was just starting or ending his shower (no soap or shampoo, looks like a scrubbie hanging near the shower head), that's when I'm not sure which occurred, he saw her and willingly posed just to get her out of there before the conference call or she was armed and she made him pose, I don't know.

Sorry about that. What signs do you see in Jodi that makes you believe this please?[/QUOTEi

I experienced this too in several situations. First as a child and second as a teacher of little ones. I agree that Jodi has red flags but if she had it would have been used as evidence in this trial. JMO Red flags to me: trust is not given easily/seems very aware of adult matters/is a "pleaser"/makes one or two close friends but is uncomfortable in group situations/falls apart in unorganized situations and can be a control "freak"...many others...

Having a difficult past is emotional garbage that a person carries and learns to deaal with. Jodi is Jodi ...just evil.

It would but they won't release it supposedly. My problem is this.. the brother already had a record at the time, when they ran his fingerprints, which they did, it would have immediately been found out and the records corrected. So I too am very confused by all of this.

Just so we are all on the same page with the text messages.

First, transcribed by LizardQueen74 and Paperwing:

Text from TA to JA, tentatively dated April 2008

Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next thing I want is this michelle K that is friends with Elena(?) that nobody knows but knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. Until you have that information. its 15 minutes it would take to gt the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie. So either text me you that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no
way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. To have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out.

Second, from Nurni filing in July 2010:

Text from TA to JA, dated by Nurmi as 5/10/08

Why don’t you have him come and **** you in the woods, I can only imagine you are so worried about me reading. You are paranoid because you have no respect for people privacy and dare insult me of all people. Someone you have should through your actions you hate more than love by denying me a human right of privacy countless times. You have a lot of freaking nerve. We are all not like you in that aspect.

Last, transcribed by Paperwing:

Text from TA with no replies from JA in between:
05/26/08 at 07:59:15am

I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope youread because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone else is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure *advertiser censored*, even more to the people who know you. You should be embarrassed by it. If he knew what I knew about you he'd spit in ur face. Sow ould everyone else. I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you don't care. It doesn't serve your evilness. You couldn't get off your lazy butt to to read it could you. That's the sociopath (I) know so well. it freakin figures. I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

This shows he had come to know the real Jodi so well. He firmly knew she was a psychopath but he did not realize just how dangerous some of them can be.:(

Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone else is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure *advertiser censored*, even more to the people who know you. You should be embarrassed by it. If he knew what I knew about you he'd spit in ur face. So would everyone else. I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you don't care. It doesn't serve your evilness. You couldn't get off your lazy butt to to read it could you. That's the sociopath (I) know so well. it freakin figures. I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

It would but they won't release it supposedly. My problem is this.. the brother already had a record at the time, when they ran his fingerprints, which they did, it would have immediately been found out and the records corrected. So I too am very confused by all of this.
Me too.

Though I have to say, whether it was Travis or not, it has no bearing on this case.

JA was not held captive by TA. She had move a thousand miles away. wasn't his wife, wasn't the mother of his children, wasn't his girlfriend.

She had no reason to be back in Mesa, except jealousy and revenge.

IMO

Is it known when JA began making entries in to a journal? Wondering if she did this before or after meeting TA. Thx.

Mormons are encouraged to keep a journal for their private thoughts/prayer/etc. (Mormon Attorney confirmed that). So my guess is, it was after, but I don't really know for sure.

HLN question: what was the game changing moment in this trial so far?

Beth said Day 8 of Jodi direct when "the fog" set in.

Mike (hln host) said phone sex tape where Jodi seems the aggressor and clearly enjoying it

Dwayne the defense atty says the gas cans, fact she cannot plausibly deny.

I think the gas cans proving premed...she asked for them, there is no record of her being in AZ. Plus the need for her to fill them up again in SLC means she used the gas!

Exactly, but for some reason they won't release it to TA's brother, only to the prosecutor. Why...have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487