Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he loved her.
I think on June 4 she probably boo-hooed a lot and apologized, told him she knew they were over, but wanted one more night with him. Most guys I know would fall for that, thinking well ok - if it's the last time...

snipped and BBM

I don't think so either. If he had given her cards, sent her "I love you" texts, told his friends he was in love, then I would believe it. Plus LE would have found that type of evidence.

Hi G&AMom,

I agree that her sexually aggressive behaviour wouldn't have necessarily prompted the texts as we know that Travis was evidently just as engaged.

I wonder, however, if she in some other way betrayed the Church. Spreading gossip about Travis and/or other Church members or perhaps 'stealing from the coffers'?

I definitely think her baptism in the Mormon church was solely to keep her hooks in Travis. Their sex life would have convinced him how superficial her faith was. Was that what prompted to texts? Don't know, although I would say it was not the sole reason.

Thank you for this.

I am convinced that Jodi was snooping thru his email found something she did not like, and confronted Travis about it... but she couldn't say she found out by snopping... Instead, someone told her... someone Travis didn't know. He was calling her out on her BS.

I have had my own personal experience with such behavior. I had a snoopy Ex who would go through my things and just like Jodi did to Travis, he would confront me about things he learned from snooping and say that so and so told him... and I knew that there was no way that so and so would know such issues so I knew it was from reading my texts, or emails or whatever.

My question is this, is the jury allowed to draw their own picture based on their own experiences in life? For instance if I was on this jury I would think of my own similar situation, and I would be almost positive that the situation here was similar to my own. Is that allowed?
I'm interested in hearing the jury instructions.

This is my thought as well, Ms. Heather.

I think he was going to nail her down and prove that her chain of imaginary friends/acquaintances that gave her info she was using against him, could not be possibly true. This seems to be the last straw for him.

It does seem very puzzling that he would have sex/sex talk with her after this point. She must have done some major apologizing and maybe she did admit she snooped, and he forgave her? IDK.

I do wonder if the final straw for her, was him going to his Bishop and confessing about the sex. I think it was Mormon Attorney who had a great post about how critical a step that would be and the catastrophic impacts it could have, especially for the party who did not 'confess' first.

Hi G&AMom,

I agree that her sexually aggressive behaviour wouldn't have necessarily prompted the texts as we know that Travis was evidently just as engaged.

I wonder, however, if she in some other way betrayed the Church. Spreading gossip about Travis and/or other Church members or perhaps 'stealing from the coffers'?

Gossip, yes, that certainly could be, and would undoubtedly infuriate Travis. I don't think it's possible for lower rank Mormons to steal from the coffers, because of the way they tithe. I think if an individual church stopped reporting and sending in the checks they've received that someone would notice right away. That's just my opinion, of course. There are several Mormons on the board and they would know a lot better than me.

HLN question: what was the game changing moment in this trial so far?

Beth said Day 8 of Jodi direct when "the fog" set in.

Mike (hln host) said phone sex tape where Jodi seems the aggressor and clearly enjoying it

Dwayne the defense atty says the gas cans, fact she cannot plausibly deny.

I think the gas cans proving premed...she asked for them, there is no record of her being in AZ. Plus the need for her to fill them up again in SLC means she used the gas!

She bought a kerosene can not gas according to the Walmart slip. Did she actually buy 2.77 of kerosene at the gas station???? Kerosene is much safer than gasoline around a fire. She would know that from her camping days. It would explain why there was a separate slip for the 2.77 as she would not need a lot. If she purchased kerosene that is the premed neatly wrapped up in a tiny little box if JM can prove it. jmo

My toddler daughter was playing with the phone when I was in the shower. One of Buffalo's finest came to my home. My three very young sons tried to persuade the concerned officer that I was in the shower. He refused to leave without looking around. I walked out of the shower and found a strange, large man in my bedroom. Both he and I responded, "OH MY!" lol

I don't believe Bobby called 911 and canceled Jodi's emergency call. My experience was that officers don't accept "no, we don't need help" for an answer even when they arrive at the 911 residence.

I had the total opposite experience as most of you guys. I was in my teens and babysitting three little girls. It was my first time in their home. The oldest was a hellion, decided she didn't like me, and called 911. I didn't know she had actually dialed anything when I saw her. She had climbed up precariously to reach the phone. So, I yelled at her to get down.

She hung up and got down. 911 called back and I answered. The dispatcher asked if everything was alright because they received a call and there was yelling in the background. I explained what happened and that I didn't even know the call had been made.

She apparently believed me because that was the end of it.

The biggest question for me remains as to how did she manage to get from the super-angry text messages to taking nekked pics with him again??

What happened in the middle? I can't imagine a simple apology would do it. I can't imagine that even telling the truth would do it. And from what we know, they only talked on the phone one other time.

But the pics don't seem IMO to be coerced (I wondered at first, but FOR ME, it's been established that it was consensual).

Maybe it is as simple as a guy thinking with his little brain...I dunno.

This is where the difference between gender-based thinking processes are highlighted.

Travis has established to Jodi and his friends/confidants that Jodi is not "marriage material" and he is approaching 31, which will severely restrict his access and appeal to the younger single ladies in his ward. Everybody else is pairing off and getting married and starting families except for him. He is just as desperate to marry someone as Jodi is to marry him. As Lisa and Mimi testified, Travis would bring up the topic of marriage on the first date, and that can turn off/scare away some young ladies who are just beginning their dating life with the Mormon culture. So they tell him that they just want to be friends.

So between fights and breakups, Travis gets lonely and horny and is vulnerable to Jodi's availability for sex. Once he's satisfied his "fix" for sex, he can then try once again to redeem himself with his religious beliefs, but Jodi is well aware of her sexual power over him.

If only Travis remembered the Lord's Prayer ... the part about "Lead us not into Temptaatiion, and deliver us from Evil".

"It's something that I am ashamed of," Dennis Gregory Alexander told The Huffington Post. "I have been clean for almost 10 years and it's something Travis forgave me for a long time ago. He was a righteous guy and he never did anything wrong. It was all me. It was my doing. Travis was a gentleman. The furthest thing he would ever do is any sort of crime."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/11/travis-alexander-arrest-record_n_2856562.html

Thanks Wishbone. I saw this article this morning...actually last night and posted a link somewhere up thread. I just wish the media and that other site would stop making so much of this until they have all the facts. It's not fair to TA or his family.

IMO JM would have already checked into this and Nurmi would use it as an example of TA being violent.

But, since noone has ponied up a pic, I would't be completely shocked if it were true.

JMO

I would be extremely shocked if this was really Travis Alexander. Not one person ever has said he was violent except the lying murderer.

I firmly believe it is NOT Travis.

imo

Why cornrows, this seems to be an implied prejudice. But maybe I am just sensitive. :moo:
I'm not sure but I got a visual of Misty Croslin in court with cornrows. Did she get a Ron tattoo or did her get a Misty tattoo? Or both? I can't remember

I would be extremely shocked if this was really Travis Alexander. Not one person ever has said he was violent except the lying murderer.

I firmly believe it is NOT Travis.

imo

Deep down I feel the same way...but I've been far more shocked before. :seeya:

She bought a kerosene can not gas according to the Walmart slip. Did she actually buy 2.77 of kerosene at the gas station???? Kerosene is much safer than gasoline around a fire. She would know that from her camping days. It would explain why there was a separate slip for the 2.77 as she would not need a lot. If she purchased kerosene that is the premed neatly wrapped up in a tiny little box if JM can prove it. jmo

I considered that possibility as well but the price was (to the penny) exactly the same as the gas. Do kerosene and gas cost the exact same amount per gallon? (I'm asking because I don't know.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor