Interview with the two boys has been cancelled

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nancy Grace had Gil Abeyta on her show last night. He has visited the home where the family is staying, several times. He told Nancy G, (paraphrasing) Those parents are in bad shape. They can't hardly function. They are 25 and 29 years old. People need to stop attacking them, or there may be a suicide.

The way I see it, these parents have lost a child. Debrah was on antianxiety medication before this happened, and Jeremy was on antidepressants. They were busting their butts to be good parents to three children, two of whom had been granted to them in custody disputes. They worked about as hard as any 25 and 29 year olds, that I know of. They were a one wage earning family in this economic down turn. They are not sophisticated, they are hard workers.

Why does the police KEEP SAYING, "we have to eliminate the parents first, and then work out." Why did they give these parents such a hard time at the beginning and fold up the command center? LE is the only place that young parents know to go to in this kind of emergency. LE scared them to death, and I think they fear loosing the other two boys, BECAUSE, THIS IS WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN OTHER CASES. Why can't LE and media give them benefit of the doubt? What is to be gained here? We want Lisa back alive. If she is still alive, LE is doing everything to "further and frighten" the sources of the best information which is Deborah, Jeremy, and the 2 boys. If someone thinks that the baby was killed by somebody in this family, that is the only reason why they have to "start by eliminating the parents". That is a retributionist idea, that is a prosecutor's idea. Is retribution more important than possibly finding an alive baby for a good family? ???

I say don't waste time on prosecuting the parents until everything has been done that is positive, be kind to the parents, search for an alive baby. If all that fails, and LE is still so sure that a brutal murder took place by one of these young parents, then they can go into prosecute mode. The alternative is that an awful accident took place. If that is the case, why not still be kind to the parents and the 2 little boys, help them through this tragedy so that they can continue to give the excellent care in the face of a tragic accident, why not???

Then, last of all, if LE is so sure these parents are monsters, my last act would be "retribution" "stick it to these bad guys," "solve the case," "get even" and all the negative modes of thinking. But that would be the last thing I would resort to.

Yep. Victims have no rights, only criminals. And anyone can do anything and stay quiet. It's up to LE to prove that you did it.

Something is definitely wrong with this IMO

Proven criminals don't have a lot of rights. It's alleged criminals that get to have a lot of rights, and if you're ever falsely accused of a crime you will be thankful.

No justice system, in any country, has ever proven to be perfect. They all have issues. But I am glad we don't go around lynching everyone without due process.

IMO if they have probable cause they CAN get to those kids. If they don't, then it should remain a parental right to decide.

IMO the should let LE talk to those boys, I'm confident that I would if I was able to set up professionals who specialize in working with kids. I'm not disagreeing with the sentiment at all.

My apologies if this has already been stated (trying to catch up quickly!)...but this makes me even more concerned for the psychological well-being of those boys. What exactly were they witness to??

...And this poor, sweet baby. Dear God, please let her be found. :(

Nancy Grace had Gil Abeyta on her show last night. He has visited the home where the family is staying, several times. He told Nancy G, (paraphrasing) Those parents are in bad shape. They can't hardly function. They are 25 and 29 years old. People need to stop attacking them, or there may be a suicide.

The way I see it, these parents have lost a child. Debrah was on antianxiety medication before this happened, and Jeremy was on antidepressants. They were busting their butts to be good parents to three children, two of whom had been granted to them in custody disputes. They worked about as hard as any 25 and 29 year olds, that I know of. They were a one wage earning family in this economic down turn. They are not sophisticated, they are hard workers.

Why does the police KEEP SAYING, "we have to eliminate the parents first, and then work out." Why did they give these parents such a hard time at the beginning and fold up the command center? LE is the only place that young parents know to go to in this kind of emergency. LE scared them to death, and I think they fear loosing the other two boys, BECAUSE, THIS IS WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN OTHER CASES. Why can't LE and media give them benefit of the doubt? What is to be gained here? We want Lisa back alive. If she is still alive, LE is doing everything to "further and frighten" the sources of the best information which is Deborah, Jeremy, and the 2 boys. If someone thinks that the baby was killed by somebody in this family, that is the only reason why they have to "start by eliminating the parents". That is a retributionist idea, that is a prosecutor's idea. Is retribution more important than possibly finding an alive baby for a good family? ???

I say don't waste time on prosecuting the parents until everything has been done that is positive, be kind to the parents, search for an alive baby. If all that fails, and LE is still so sure that a brutal murder took place by one of these young parents, then they can go into prosecute mode. The alternative is that an awful accident took place. If that is the case, why not still be kind to the parents and the 2 little boys, help them through this tragedy so that they can continue to give the excellent care in the face of a tragic accident, why not???

Then, last of all, if LE is so sure these parents are monsters, my last act would be "retribution" "stick it to these bad guys," "solve the case," "get even" and all the negative modes of thinking. But that would be the last thing I would resort to.

I have wondered often if they are just too young to handle this stress the way some of us here might handle it. They probably still seek advise from their family/friends who may not steer them correctly. They have been through something unimaginable if they are innocent and may just not know what to do and how to cope. I think they are pulled in so many directions at this point no matter what they do it is the wrong thing to do for someone. :twocents:

BBM

How would she know that her kids know nothing? I thought she was asleep, so how would she know if they woke up? And per her words, they haven't talked to the boys about if they heard or knew of anything. That is pretty odd wording, not 'my kids don't know anything', but "my kids would know nothing."

That's because they made sure the kids would know nothing. JMO.

Can't the bio-dad of DB's son give his permission for his child to be interviewed? I know he hasn't seen him in 2 years (at least that's my recollection), but do they have joint custody? I don't know how these things work....

I don't know that he can. Usually custodial parents have to give permission, and in the case of shared custody either can. I could be wrong though.

I have wondered often if they are just too young to handle this stress the way some of us here might handle it. They probably still seek advise from their family/friends who may not steer them correctly. They have been through something unimaginable if they are innocent and may just not know what to do and how to cope. I think they are pulled in so many directions at this point no matter what they do it is the wrong thing to do for someone. :twocents:

I'm inclined to think that they are looking for others to tell them what to do because they are scared and don't know what to do. If those people are giving conflicting advice, it could be even more confusing. This may be more of an indication that the lawyers are fighting than anything else. JMO MOO

I'm inclined to think that they are looking for others to tell them what to do because they are scared and don't know what to do. If those people are giving conflicting advice, it could be even more confusing. This may be more of an indication that the lawyers are fighting than anything else. JMO MOO
Hopefully someone who has been where they are now can advise them. They've received offers, and if there's anyone who knows how to handle the sharks (fighting lawyers, media) during this time, it's those other poor parents of missing children.

IMO

I have seen two CPS "interviews" played in court as videos. If it were my children, I would not want them interviewed by CPS. CPS has the same world view as LE, and that is that people are probably guilty. I WOULD take the boys to a child psychologist of my own choosing and have them interviewed, and they probably need follow up care also. Then, I would say to LE, "now here is what the boys have to say." LE could tell the child psychologist what information would be helpful to finding Lisa, and the child psychologist could try in her way to get any information.

I respectfully disagree. Statistics show that we should look to the parents first. The LE are regular people like all of us here in WS. They have been searching and following leads. I can only imagine that if this case is affecting all of us, that those in LE hitting the pavement every day in search of this baby girl are affected at LEAST as much. And if those 25 and 29 year old parents are frightened or scared- well imagine how much more so baby Lisa is. Apparently they thought they were grown up and responsible enough to have children. So then be grown up enough and responsible enough to take care of them when they are in need. And baby Lisa is in need. So I think for those of us who made the choice to bring these innocent babies into the world -we owe it to them to be able to do WHATEVER it takes to protect them. Right now it is not ALL about the parents. :twocents::twocents:

I'm at the point now baby lisa doesn't even need LE to prove the parents' guilt, they seem to be doing a fine job of it themselves........ At least, on some weird level, I'm happy to have some of my hatred for FCA lifted as it shifts toward DB....

Perhaps it's just me but I don't find 25 and 29 years old particularly young, either. :waitasec:

I'm at the point now baby lisa doesn't even need LE to prove the parents' guilt, they seem to be doing a fine job of it themselves........ At least, on some weird level, I'm happy to have some of my hatred for FCA lifted as it shifts toward DB....

I'm sorry to say but in my opinion this anger/hatred is misplaced. Taking the emotions from one case and laying them on the players in another case can be very dangerous. DB is not CA. MOO

I'm sorry to say but in my opinion this anger/hatred is misplaced. Taking the emotions from one case and laying them on the players in another case can be very dangerous. DB is not CA. MOO

That is correct, I guess I meant to say I thought it was impossible for me to see another person act with such disregard toward "finding" their missing child.... I just see Beth Holloway and think THAT is the way a mother of a missing child should act KWIM?

Perhaps it's just me but I don't find 25 and 29 years old particularly young, either. :waitasec:

I agree. And I also cannot keep playing into the naive card. I do not think anyone is prepared to have a child vanish. IMO instinct kicks in. Your child is missing your instict kicks in and you do everything in your power to find her.
I hope I explained that right.

IDK im so baffled and my heart is breaking for Lisa.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7287984&postcount=216"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Baby Lisa's brothers to be questioned and DNA tested[/ame]

I knew from that twitter yesterday that CS meant ALL INTERVIEWS...she seems to really not want the boys interviewed. JT, on the other hand, on the fence about it, it seems...probably just more legal wranglings.

I agree. And I also cannot keep playing into the naive card. I do not think anyone is prepared to have a child vanish. IMO instinct kicks in. Your child is missing your instict kicks in and you do everything in your power to find her.
I hope I explained that right.

IDK im so baffled and my heart is breaking for Lisa.
Yep. And I also have to place their life/lifestyle in accordance with youth and naivete. Both were capable of navigating the legal system to secure custody and presumably considered responsible, mature people to be named primary parent. JI has, I presume, been with the same employer for awhile and has managed to own the same home for a substantial amount of time. There are people in their 40s-50s with not as secure foundations as these 'young' adults have managed. JMO FWIW

Oh, yeah, they all need to rest as they are all exhausted. :banghead:

From everything we hear and learn: Brushing things under the rug and ignoring problems only makes for a bigger mess! This case is miserable/

Yesterday, I had a thought and meant to share it:

What if the legal team is trying to force LE's hand...as in "come on arrest our clients or admit you have nothing on them." If that is what's happening here then the dare/ploy probably isn't going to work.

So JT is the attorney who canceled the interviews. Guess he is taking over for CS, and probably was ticked to find she had taken over while he was in Italy. MOO

Next thing you know these two attorney's will be "going at it."

All the while it's getting colder and colder. Last night we had snow in Northern NM. Woke up to two inches, very cold. This evening I heard coyotes at the end of our property and quickly brought my dogs in as I was concerned the coyotes would look at the two small ones as "food."

Then it hit me, I care more for those doggies then anyone in that family seems to care about Lisa. God love that precious child.
You called it!

The only things I can think of for why the parents would act as they do or take the advice they are taking is if they know Lisa is fine, or they know she is deceased. Nothing else makes sense; there is no sense of these parents truly not knowing what happened to their baby. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back