Interviews & MSM with/about friends, family, law enforcement etc...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM

I believe you misunderstood the poster. :)

My bad..it was the taking pictures of the media. Hmmm...I don't actually see that as trashy,actually. I'd call that odd...strange.....but then I'd think...no...not odd or strange if money is made through lawsuits...then it would be normal behavior. My apologies,I didn't read that part correctly. But the rest....no hiding from unwanted attention....that is clearly seen.

I'd like to say that the overwhelming support by individuals and businesses to the Elvis family tragedy has given me the most outstanding impression of the people of Horry county.

Literally, they have supported this family in their prayers, from their pocketbooks, and with their hearts and feet!

I removed several posts this morning . Please do not tell others how or what to post, it is against our rules. Don't personalize posts, again that is against our rules. You can of course disagree with someone elses opinion, do it in a respectful manner.

If you feel a post is against our rules then alert! A mod will take care of it if we see a problem with it.

The Rules

Terms of Service

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Yes, I am fine w/ saying that. I have my opinion, just like you have yours. I have seen the police report about the incident. I am not sure if we are allowed to talk about what it says though. Just because one goes out to "search" for Heather doesn't mean they are untouchable.

So true and just because the searchers are NEAR BUT NOT ON the C's property...that doesn't give WC the right to grab a stick and threaten to bash a woman's head in because she is looking for a missing person. I've seen the police report too.

I completely agree with you. People just don't pay attention to things that don't involve them or have too much affect on their life. Look how many people don't have a clue about what's going on in the government. I even overheard a conversation at lunch a few days ago where young adults (past college but not yet in their 30s) were having a conversation and only 2 of them had heard about the Malaysian jet. I lived in the sister neighborhood to Hemy Neuman (Sneiderman murderer). While we are a small community, there were still many people who had no idea they even lived in the same neighborhood with him until they saw the story on Dateline. I think they can get a fair jury for this case.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I totally agree. I know so many people who don't' follow the news at all and would be very unaware of local missing persons stories.

MOO but there is nothing in this universe that would stop me from searching to the ends of the earth and back if it were my daughter, sister, friend, coworker, etc...that were missing....MOO yes, vigilantism can inflict danger into a community and onto innocent people...however, I never say never, because until I experience a situation I try my hardest to live by a rule of not judging....IMHO I think it is an exaggeration to classify Elvis supporter's as vigilante's....what exactly have they, collectively or individually, done to harm the Ms that can be PROVEN and classified as an act of vigilantism? Nothing that I have seen or read ! I agree innocent family members of both the Elvis family and the Caison/Moorer breed should be spared accusations BUT the C/Ms should have kept quiet rather than provoke and combat searchers and media, how in the world does that help or support SM or TM at this point when it reads to the public as defensive, and combative? Again moo, no disrespect meant too any other posters, just giving my perspective.......

Where is Heather?

Have a great weekend,everyone!! :loveyou: Maybe this will be the weekend that we find our MoonChild.:please:

I totally agree. I know so many people who don't' follow the news at all and would be very unaware of local missing persons stories.

Agree!! I just had a conversation with a local that asked when was the last time Heather used her bank account and credit card as well as who was the last person that she called. There are locals who haven't followed too much of this case if at all.

I have read about this incident, but never before that this woman was a CUE searcher. I had the impression she was a freelance person poking around with some other people.

The reason I ask is I know how professional the CUE people are, and I have not heard/read any of them were harassed by Mr. Caison. It was never clear to me if these searchers, whom I assumed were not trained, were trespassing on the Caison property on Jan.19

By the time of this incident and the alleged threats by Mr. Caison, there were already scary, horrible things going on on the Heather page we can't quote here.

Could it be, in fairness, Caisons were feeling under siege by this point?

Ok, I may have it wrong about her being with CUE, not sure why I thought that and I can't find where it says that.

I do not think they were on the Caison's property. I think he came at her with a stick yelling and threatening her off of his property. I mean heck they was taking pics of the reporter coming to ask questions, they have how many cameras around their homes? I think they would have had proof of that and none of the reports says that the searchers were on their property.

Trained or not, do I think they were a threat to the Caisens? Nope, sorry I don't. None of the reports says anyone was ever on their property from what I've read. I could be wrong though, not the first time ;)

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9e6c8c96-8cec-11e3-ab97-001a4bcf6878.html

Horry County police have fielded at least four harassment complaints from the home of a man who police records state had a relationship history with Elvis.

In each of the harassment complaints, residents of the man’s Horry County home reported that they’ve been harassed on social media or in person near their property. No arrests have been made in connection with any of the harassment complaints.

In one report, a witness said Terry Elvis photographed the Moorer home and made threats.

The report also states he placed missing persons posters on a sign indicating a nearby driveway is private.

Two other reports said Elvis has been driving by Moorer’s house on several occasions.

Not sure if Mr. Elvis made any verbal threats I'm assuming that's what they are talking about. I know if it were me I would be doing every thing I could to find my daughter. I have a feeling the Caisen's were verbally threatening as well. and that' s IF Mr. Elvis said anything.

I don't see a problem with nor would I think the Caisen's or any one in that area would have a problem with a Father putting up posters of his daughter missing or driving down that road. They should be searching all over that area in my opinion. Would I feel threatened by that? No.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_182d62c8-935d-11e3-9b05-001a4bcf6878.html

Another report was filed by a searcher on Jan. 19, who said she and other searchers were threatened with assault and battery.

According to an Horry County police report obtained by Waccamaw Publishers, a woman, 49, said she and several others were searching for Elvis in the area of Highway 814 west of Myrtle Beach when several people from a residence on that road confronted them and told them to leave.

One of the persons in the group picked up a stick and started walking toward the victim, but never hit anybody with it, the Jan. 19 report said.

BBM

again it doesn't say they were on the Caisen's property they were on the road. That's how I take it anyhow.

All of this is my opinion as a member, not necessarily the opinion of Websleuths LLC.

People are posting that the trial can stay in Horry, b/c there are plenty who do not follow it. However, trials are moved all the time w/o everyone in the county knowing every detail. Unless it is a very small county, you are never going to have 90%+ of the population who are following it, yet we have seen trials in higher population counties be moved too. There really is no pattern to trials that get moved. It depends a lot on the judge, the state (Florida has only allowed 2 change of venues, I believe, so some states are stricter than others), and even the arguments used by both sides.

I do not think it is about whether everyone followed the case, but more about whether everyone has made an opinion. No, not everyone in Horry follows this case like we do, but how many of them already think the Moorers are guilty? You don’t need to know the details of a case to have an opinion about it, because it is all over the local news.

If you do a search for change of venue granted, well, I have never heard of most of the cases that come up. I am very skeptical that the entire county is obsessed with the cases, based on the circumstances, yet they still got moved. I have even found venue changes for sexual assault, attempted murder, and drunk driving homicide.

My post says: "I do not understand why taking pictures of the media is being listed as a bad thing, and while giving the finger is trashy, she probably didn't appreciate the media filming her.

The comma and the "and" sort of implies that the "I do not understand why" is referring to taking pictures of the media. Next time, I'll start a new sentence so it is more clear.

Yes,I know. I corrected my response in my follow up post. No need to change the way you post. You are making yourself perfectly clear. It's all good. ;)

The reporter had a mic. He asked the woman on the porch about her 'daughter' then he corrected himself and said 'sister'. Maybe one of the news crew had a boom mike.

Thanks Cherie. So there is a camera on public property that recoded video of the attempted interview but no sound. The article read like they knew what was said from the camera on public property which confused me. Makes sense the sound was taken from the attempted interview.

Was that attempted interview ever aired? I looked for a link and didn't find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Cherie. So there is a camera on public property that recoded video of the attempted interview but no sound. The article read like they knew what was said from the camera on public property which confused me. Makes sense the sound was taken from the attempted interview.

Was that attempted interview ever aired? I looked for a link and didn't find one.

Video here:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/myrtle-beach-reporter-charged-with-trespassing_b117747

Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking many people are convicted on circumstantial evidence ... Most juries can connect the dots ... My opinion!

Unless they're from Pinellas county :rolleyes:

Wait. The situation of the reporter trying to get an interview with the Moorers went right over my head.

There was a PUBLIC video that caught that????

That must mean they have video of the TM and SM leaving the compound that night.

Or am I missing something?

Wait. The situation of the reporter trying to get an interview with the Moorers went right over my head.

There was a PUBLIC video that caught that????

That must mean they have video of the TM and SM leaving the compound that night.

Or am I missing something?

I think you are. The video referenced was from the WMBF cameras when the reporter, Maely, was trying to interview the Moorers. The video was the one where the reporter was given the finger.

Hi, this is the first time I'm writing, but I've been lurking for weeks. This case has truly touched my heart and everyday I hope today will be the day the Elvis family finally gets some closure.

I just wanted to say how much i agree, stmarysmead. And how well written your post was. Thank you for summarizing those very important points so clearly. Poor Heather, if only she never met SM in the first place...

I don't think it will be hard to get a conviction anywhere.

On the night/early morning of a young woman's disappearance, taunting sexts are sent to her and phone calls exchanged.That same "taunting" couple then meet this girl at a deserted boat landing in the middle of the night. During or around that meeting, The missing girl's phone stops, her car is abandoned there, she is never seen again.

And these were not just any ole couple meeting Heather. This was a woman who had threatened the missing girl...and she was accompanied by the husband whom she threatened to "beat down" and "draw his last breath." The accused actually brought the talk of violence into the equation months before.

So there is opportunity with a ribbon wrapped around it. But then, after the disappearance, TM elected to ramp up the "motive" for prospective jury, by posting more viciousness in public places.

IMO, If the prosecution can prove their car went to the VERY place from which this girl disappeared that night, how are they going to explain THAT away in any convincable fashion? Heather is calling SM, she is obviously waiting, watching for him. They would have to spin enormous "coincidental theories" here. A woman is met in a deserted place by a woman who hates her and has threatened her. Never seen again. Oops, a bear carried poor girl off.

Hate breeds a backlash. It is the hurtful outrageous posts on social media by TM herself that brought such a great deal of backlash toward her and her family in Horry County. Those postings are going ANYWHERE with TM and SM to trial.

Somewhere deep inside most of us, there is a line not to be crossed when it comes to victims and their families. This Board operates on that principle. We do not call a young missing girl names like "psycho *advertiser censored*." We do not try to hurt grieving families by belittling the victim. And we certainly do not ridicule a father in such pain as we can only imagine.

But anyone who reads TM's posting knows that she does all of those things. She has no boundaries to her hate. She has no self control. If the social media stuff comes in at trial, any jury, ANYWHERE, will know that too.

I commend those of you who are assuming the Moorer's innocent until trial. That is how how system works. That is how this Board works. All good.

But one thing I will not assume is that TM is a normal, empathetic, self controlled, decent human being. I have read enough of her spew to judge her guilty of outlandish hatefulness beyond a reasonable doubt.

Hi, this is the first time I'm writing, but I've been lurking for weeks. This case has truly touched my heart and everyday I hope today will be the day the Elvis family finally gets some closure.

I just wanted to say how much i agree, stmarysmead. And how well written your post was. Thank you for summarizing those very important points so clearly. Poor Heather, if only she never met SM in the first place...

:welcome4::fireworks: Thank you for joining!!! Heather's case has touched us all and I am glad you came out of :lurk: mode and joined us!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back