INTL - Alessia & Livia Schepp (twins), 6, 30 Jan 2011 - Italy, Switzerland and France

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's just so senseless. Why?

It's not like he had a moment of rage and went too far, this seems to be planned. It's just so cruel.

In my heart of hearts I believe the girls will be found somewhere on the island of Corsica, deceased but left in a location that the family had visited several times in the past under happy circumstances.

I agree. I think if he went through the trouble to travel to Corsica to "leave" those little girls, then he had a specific place in mind on the island - someplace special to them/the family.

I don't think he'd go through all that trouble to go to this island that must have meant something to the family only to leave them in a spot there that meant nothing...

But I don't think it's the sea. IDK why, but I think it's a place on the island - where they played and were happy.

This is all so awful... :no:

I understand it would seem surprising but my Paris based students from major companies have mentioned heading over to Corsica on business a number of times and also it's a frequent location for business seminars, conferences etc :)(
Thanks. I didn't know that.

The authorities have now confirmed the existence of this letter. The family received it last Tuesday but a decision was made not to reveal the contents. The authorities say that it was written hours or minutes before the father committed suicide. They also confirmed that all three disembarked in Propriano.

The ferry arrived in Propriano early in the morning of 1 Feb and the father left alone that evening. According to the Swiss spokesman, it is a three or four hour drive to Bastia and the French police are now fully engaged in trying to find the children.

Source (in French): Tribune de Genève http://www.tdg.ch/actu/suisse/lettre-testament-jumelles-seraient-mortes-2011-02-10

From that article, I also found this (keep in mind this is google translation and the words may be a bit out of order) (rbm):

Matthias Schepp and then returned to France. Only. (Alone?) Here, take the machine and the electronic eye of the photographer at the barrier Ventimiglia. E 'Feb. 2. (sounds like he was caught on camera at sometime, alone?) In all probability 'have time to send a packet to Lausanne, 'post 'just a courier on February 2 in a tiny village near Marseille. In that parcel was perhaps the recorder from the Swiss engineer who never separated, the police tried desperately to Cerignola, where Schepp and is' committed suicide after sending another letter home.
My apologies Belimom for not answering you last night. The "news" of the content of that last letter came as a total shock; I had been so hopeful and didn't want to believe the father was capable of doing such a thing, that I posted and left the board.
Am still trying to remain hopeful, thinking that perhaps he left those search evidences in his computer on purpose knowing LE will find that, to make it look as if he actually killed them? He sure went through a LOT of trouble, moving around from one place to the other ... what for? So their bodies would never be found? Why? That doesn't make any sense. That is the only thing that gives me some hope. Like MicciStella said, that's hope against hope :(

Will translate in my own words: After landing in Propriano (south-west of Corsica), he purchased a ferry ticket (only one ticket) in Bastia (north-east of Corsica) to go back to France. He is seen boarding that ferry alone. That ship that travelled from Bastia to Toulon (France) with MS aboard is now being inspected, particularly the cabin he occupied as well as the garage where he parked his car during the crossing.

When he landed in France, he took his car and drove up north towards Italy. At the board crossing (Ventimiglia) his vehicle was captured by an electronic eye.
I guess this means, his licence plate. This is how LE knows that Ventimiglia was his entry point into Italy. I had been wondering if he had taken another ferry from Corsica to Napoli or if he had gone back to France and driven along the French and Italian coast (Costa Ligure), and then all the way down to Napoli, so this confirms the latter.

He was seen in the morning of Jan. 3rd in Napoli, and a bit later he is seen by a restaurant owner in Vietri sul Mare where he had lunch around 1:30 pm. He then drove to Cerignola, where he posted the letters and ....

While on Toulon it appears that he mailed a small package, and LE is hoping that package contains the tape-recorder that he kept with himself at all times. They believe the father might have left a message indicating where to find the girls.
As I mentioned in yesterday's post, LE in Cerignola (Italy) have been looking for that old-model tape-recorder in all mailboxes (including the ones that are no longer in use).
When LE in Switzerland checked all his belongings, they reported the tape-recorder was missing.
They found MS testament tough, in which he included his little girls :(

hope this is not too confusing to read

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/11/police-father-wrote-he-killed-missing-swiss-twins-alessia-and-l/

Swiss news agency SDA carried a statement Friday from Schepp's family saying he must have suffered a breakdown. The family in Ettingen, Switzerland, near Basel, described Schepp as a loving and caring father whose family meant everything to him.

"We are united in the certainty that our son and brother could only have committed such terrible acts if he suffered a serious emotional breakdown," the family said.

bbm

I totally agree about the breakdown and I don't doubt that he loved his daughters. I just don't understand why in his own suffering/demise, he had to also end their precious lives so early and rob their mother of her two little girls...

Just devastating. :no:

I agree. I think if he went through the trouble to travel to Corsica to "leave" those little girls, then he had a specific place in mind on the island - someplace special to them/the family.

I don't think he'd go through all that trouble to go to this island that must have meant something to the family only to leave them in a spot there that meant nothing...

But I don't think it's the sea. IDK why, but I think it's a place on the island - where they played and were happy.

This is all so awful... :no:

Yes, perhaps a cave or near a cave, or a particular beach or hilltop. This is where the mother can help with the recovery of Alessa and Livia. She knows specifically where the family went on their Corsica holidays and of places of importance.

This is a terrible situation. The girls did nothing to cause the separation between MS and Irina. And unfortunately it is not as if separation and divorce is an uncommon thing these days. So for MS to have had this reaction and to have taken the lives of his two beautiful daughters just makes me so angry. Life goes on after divorce. Why couldn't he have just moved on instead of causing all this grief and sorrow and loss?

A few years ago on my street a father took the life of a precious 4 y/o while his wife was out because his wife had told him she wanted a divorce. And a few years before that a little boy lost his life in the same way in the town in which I grew up. How sad that this happens so often ...

It's just so senseless. Why?

It's not like he had a moment of rage and went too far, this seems to be planned. It's just so cruel.
Everyone who is wondering why should go search for 'family annihilator' at your search engine of choice.

Seems like investigators are also thinking that Corsica is where these two little girls may be, as we have also suspected. I hope this weekend brings some closure...

http://genevalunch.com/blog/tag/alessia/

A statement issued by Vaud police Friday morning notes:

“Investigations in Switzerland are now focusing on the family’s environment and the private and professional life of the father, in order to support and provide new elements to French investigators. The search to find the twins is currently centred on Corsica. Canton Vaud Police are sending two criminal investigators this weekend to Corsica to work with French investigators. At the same time, Swiss police are working with the French national police to organize an international meeting next week to establish the current status of the investigation.”

Yes, the authorities are now satisfied that the girls are on the island. This morning the investigators are actively searching for the father's Sat nav which was not found in the car. According to a source of the Tribune de Genève the investigators want the mother to go to Corsica so they can go to all the places they visited as a family.

Yes, the authorities are now satisfied that the girls are on the island. This morning the investigators are actively searching for the father's Sat nav which was not found in the car. According to a source of the Tribune de Genève the investigators want the mother to go to Corsica so they can go to all the places they visited as a family.

Bringing the mother to Corsica makes the most sense, and to be honest I'm somewhat surprised she wasn't taken there earlier to help find the girls. Only she would know all the places they visited on Corsica vacations and which of those places was special.

Does anyone know if the Sat navigator can still be honed in on if it is not attached to the car (and hence the battery)? Otherwise I would think finding it will be a very difficult task.

I browse this thread occasionally. I don't keep as up-to-date as I could, but I know the general information.

I think this is a terribly sad case. I don't know what was troubling the father exactly, but how selfish for him to take the lives of the little girls with his own. They hardly had the chance to begin living their lives and who knows what they could have been. Nothing short of wonderful, I'm sure.

How dare he.

I feel so terrible for the mother as well. Praying that they find the girls so that closure can be had.

Mystery woman link to Swiss twins
An investigator said they were "taking seriously" the account of Olga Orneck, a resident of the small southwestern ferry port of Propriano, who described to AFP how the four attracted her attention on the morning of February 1.

"The woman was aged 45 to 50 with brown hair and was wearing a black three-quarter-length coat and white trousers," she said. "She wasn't from Propriano or I'd have recognised her."

Both the woman and the man, who Ms Orneck identified as Canadian-born Matthias Schepp, were eating croissants and chatting as if they knew each other well, she said.

The witness said she was "100 percent certain" it was Schepp and "95 percent certain" the girls were his daughters Alessia and Livia.

Earlier on Saturday, French police said they hoped the girls' mother, Irina Lucidi, could help them in the hunt in Corsica, while their Italian colleagues searched for the GPS from the dead father's car.

http://www.news.com.au/world/mystery-woman-link-to-swiss-twins/story-fn6sb9br-1226005143823

Hazel, that interesting and bring new light to the quote in my post above from this link: http://genevalunch.com/blog/tag/alessia/

Investigations in Switzerland are now focusing on the family’s environment and the private and professional life of the father, in order to support and provide new elements to French investigators.

I don't want to get too excited but now I wonder if they are with this woman...?

Hazel, that interesting and bring new light to the quote in my post above from this link: http://genevalunch.com/blog/tag/alessia/

I don't want to get too excited but now I wonder if they are with this woman...?
Me too.
I also wonder if in the event those people are not A, L and the father, would they find out it's them who are being described and come forward? If they are tourists there is a chance they are not keeping up with the news.

How wonderful to hear this!

If anyone knows the time of birth of the twins, that would be most helpful to chart them.

I'm very heartened to hear this promising news however.

An article from last week

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/665198/societe-jumelles-disparues-piste-corse

reported:

'The mother [Irina] hopes that the father [Matthias] had told [sold?] the girls to someone in Switzerland, France or Italy', said a friend of the mother at the newspaper Sonntagszeitung. The uncle of the twins, Valerio Lucidi, told Italian television that 'girls were seen last night (Friday night) at Monza in the company of a white woman with brown hair' but this track did not work.

Not the greatest translation, but the important part is clear: Last Friday, the day Valerio, Irina's brother reported them being seen with "a white woman with brown hair", was the day after Matthias threw himself in front of a train.

Extracts from the testament of Matthias S. have already got previously the public: however, evidently the death announcement was held back consciously because the father also announced in his(its) last will paradoxically to leave the genotypes his(its) daughters. according to " Le Parisien " the action of the investigators is to be explained(expressed) by the fact that they did not want to discourage " possible witnesses to supply indications to the whereabouts of the girls.

not the best translation either by reverso .... but pretty close... source from.....

http://www.20min.ch/news/kreuz_und_quer/story/-Ich-fuehle--dass-sie-noch-leben--28537519

I hope it is not hope against hope...... the only thing I can say... Never give up until we are proven wrong.......

An article from last week

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/665198/societe-jumelles-disparues-piste-corse

reported:

Quote:
'The mother [Irina] hopes that the father [Matthias] had told [sold?] the girls to someone in Switzerland, France or Italy', said a friend of the mother at the newspaper Sonntagszeitung. The uncle of the twins, Valerio Lucidi, told Italian television that 'girls were seen last night (Friday night) at Monza in the company of a white woman with brown hair' but this track did not work.

Not the greatest translation, but the important part is clear: Last Friday, the day Valerio, Irina's brother reported them being seen with "a white woman with brown hair", was the day after Matthias threw himself in front of a train.

"confier" just means to leave in someone's care, not "told" or "sold" :)

A reminder anyone can PM me for translations, I am bilingual from birth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back