Investigators Looking for Doorbell That Chimes Like a Grandfather Clock

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Westminster chime is a song that is reproduced in a lot of doorbells as well as being played by grandfather clocks.

Go to this site and you can here it.
http://www.westminsterchime.com/

The sound made by a real grandfather, grandmother clock would not sound the same as a ring tone on a phone. The wood surrounding the clock mechanism is what determines the 'tone' of the sound. Wood makes that tone much deeper and vibrant. A cell phone will sound more mechanical and 'tinning' to the ear.

I have a grandmother’s clock that strikes on quarter, half and hour and it can be heard clearly by anyone that I am speaking to on the phone at the time. It also plays this same song.

A Westminster chime is a song that is reproduced in a lot of doorbells as well as being played by grandfather clocks.

Go to this site and you can here it.
http://www.westminsterchime.com/

The sound made by a real grandfather, grandmother clock would not sound the same as a ring tone on a phone. The wood surrounding the clock mechanism is what determines the 'tone' of the sound. Wood makes that tone much deeper and vibrant. A cell phone will sound more mechanical and 'tinning' to the ear.

I have a grandmother’s clock that strikes on quarter, half and hour and it can be heard clearly by anyone that I am speaking to on the phone at the time. It also plays this same song.

I just listened to the link here for the westminister chimes and this sounds like a cell phone ringtone to me.

Does this sound like the westminister chime ringtone?

http://ringtones.ez-tracks.com/ringtone-1304.html

Yes that is the correct song.
I should have been more specific about the site I linked to. I was looking for an easy site to here the song and not paying attention to the tone of the song ‘chime’.

That ring tone download is not a bad sound considering it is digital but comparing it to an actual clock sound it is not as deep in tone or as vibrant sounding. It has more upper pitch tones to it because those are more easily reproduced in electronics than in a clock mechanism.
I would think that LE could rule out the sound coming from an actual wooden clock but it will much more difficult to determine the difference between a ring tone and a doorbell since they both are most likely duplicated electronically and formatted the same way

My parents had a doorbell like that when I was a teenager in the 60s.

I think they received a phone tip that possibly had valuable info and the doorbell was heard in the background. It's a pretty specific thing to be looking for.

I think they received a phone tip that possibly had valuable info and the doorbell was heard in the background. It's a pretty specific thing to be looking for.

I wonder if they heard it on a call from a tip how they would be able to determine it was a doorbell and not an actual grandfather clock (or cell ringtone)

I have a very cheap Timex alarm clock called "nature sounds" because you can choose different sounds to listen to while you sleep. One of the choices for the alarm is called "cathedral" and it sounds exactly like a grandfather clock.

Got it at WalMart a few years ago, they probably sell a lot of them. Could be a pretty common item in a low income area like Haliegh's neighborhood.

Susan

This is the only thing that makes sense to me, too. It is a very odd clue.

This tip makes no sense at all. Someone calls the tip-line to say "I heard a doorbell or chime" and you need to go to this particular house.

IIRC, recently the family was called by psychic. Maybe this was a tip from that call.

Funny as i was reading this thread my friends Iphone made a somewhat similar grandfather clock sounding tone. He said it was the default incoming text msg tone.

The tip IS strange, isn't it? Why THIS particular home ... ???

Who called in the tip? And the article specifies a DOORBELL. Strange .. very strange.

AND: "authorities told them they are no closer to finding Haleigh than they were the morning of Feb. 10 -- the day an Amber Alert was issued."

That is NOT good!

The tip IS strange, isn't it? Why THIS particular home ... ???

Who called in the tip? And the article specifies a DOORBELL. Strange .. very strange.
Perhaps after the chime, someone was also overheard answering the door. ;)

There is a report, unsubstantiated as far as I can tell, that says that LE took a tape from the trailer, a cassette tape of some type. Could something heard on that tape be the reason for them hunting for a certain sound.

I like the car alarm sounds. if this came from kid, he wouldnt know much diff. on cell? I hope when they find this guy, it was his celll phone that gave him away. No one would be ringing a door bell at 3am. would they?

omg!
is it possible that the doorbell sound that was heard late at night, came from a cell phone ring tone?

when i was at the grocery store i heard a "grandfather clock" in the parking lot... and when i looked around, a guy was answering his phone

eta: ok i see this could already be a possibility

This may sound stupid, but why are they looking for a DOORBELL that sounds like a grandfather clock? How do they know it was a doorbell and not a clock unless you were there? Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense to me. We have a electronic doorbell that could have several tones to it for every season, month etc. You just set it to Happy Birthday to Ding Dong and everything in between........so if it said grandfather clock it could be an Irish jig by now..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro