Investigators search east of Skyline school

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nice work again freefallzzzz. Did you know KATU used one of your pics on their newscast? Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2GE8t-TgrI&feature=player_embedded#!

Obviously they are putting a great emphasis on the area around the Germantown Road farm where DeDe was working the day Kyron vanished. Will be interesting to see if they search that area again today. If he is there I hope they find him before DeDe gets some kind of immunity or sweet deal. Still in general seems like a needle in a haystack to me.

Yes, I let him download it onto his computer (they were out on Old Germantown and we stopped to talk to them, off record). He was really nice and talked about where he had seen searchers so I shared with him what I had seen on Cornelius Pass a few hours earlier..

I did not want my name used (he doesn't even know who I am!shhh=) but I told him to do whatever with the picture but I was going to post it in my photobucket too..

I told him that it helps when media reports ANY search activity as the public at least knows there are searches going on and if using my picture showed another search location, go for it =)

Yes, I let him download it onto his computer (they were out on Old Germantown and we stopped to talk to them, off record). He was really nice and talked about where he had seen searchers so I shared with him what I had seen on Cornelius Pass a few hours earlier..

I did not want my name used (he doesn't even know who I am!shhh=) but I told him to do whatever with the picture but I was going to post it in my photobucket too..

I told him that it helps when media reports ANY search activity as the public at least knows there are searches going on and if using my picture showed another search location, go for it =)

Thanks for letting us know! You did good work and we were looking out for ya. :dance:

IIRC, there is no landfill in Portland; trash is transported to eastern Oregon (this came out early in the case, on one of the first few threads). A dumpster would have been the place to ditch the phone.

Yes. Wipe it down to remove fingerprints, smash it into pieces so information cannot be retrieved from it, and throw it away. JMO

Whatever they are looking for I don't think it's phones sadly. K9s don't look for phones

Thanks for letting us know! You did good work and we were looking out for ya. :dance:

I have to say, I'm impressed! As I was not going to do a post like "hey look at my picture (they blurred it! lol) on the news!"
I did see it on the newscast at 6pm last night, you all ROCK!!
Go WS'rs!!!
This is what gives ME motivation to get out there and snap a few shots, because the media basically only will give you what they call the "money shots"..

I want to add I did not go anywhere I was not supposed to, I did not enter any clear marked search areas, I asked permission of searchers when I took pictures where you could clearly identify them. And I was very careful to be at quite a distance (except when the one searcher dude popped out on me!)
That still makes me smile and the picture is priceless! =)

I will work today on making a map of the locations where I took pictures, OR just put the map links in my photobucket under each picture.

Oh, newscaster said I was a neighbor on his report.., well in a roundabout way I could be considered one but not technically, I said we lived WAY down the road and pointed in a direction of south when I spoke to him, I was very vague, so I appreciate him describing me in a vague way =)

I'll put an explanation of the railroad tracks/tunnel/police car in my photobucket as that was a place me and the DBF have been wanting to go photograph/explore for quite some time.
Yes, they did mention searching that tunnel on the scanner that I heard, the night Kyron went missing (6/4) but I will tell you that I did learn from the POlice that there are thermal cameras in that tunnel...

Whatever they are looking for I don't think it's phones sadly. K9s don't look for phones

Right. They are definitely not just searching for cell phones. See the second row of Freefallzzzz pictures from yesterday's search. (Thanks again Freefallzzz!)

Here is the link. Had an.. interesting day (see last picture-note that was NOT Kyron related but a place we have been wanting to visit).. but over all the day/night ended on a good note.
I had started earlier labeling the pictures, but not going to finish now tonight it's too late..
the old abandoned house is not confirmed where searchers went, but it was the property right next to the road I saw the K9 searchers pop out of.

The K9 searchers were on the east side of Corn Pass.
There is a photo of the mailbox in the shots of the K9, this is directly ACROSS the street from where they were searching.

The DBF hunts and knows animal tracks, etc, and we drove down Old Germantown and he said he could see where A LOT of people went in.
Looks like they searched in between Germantown and Old Germantown.
One crew had just left, but I got a picture of the other SAR shuttle van, they were still in the field (we could not see them)

The balloon in the grass/ferns was very random, it was down a path that was obviously searched by searchers.. Just found it odd to see the balloon, I thought it probably came from the Wall of Hope as I've seen many of them exactly like that up there.

Here is the link, I'll add more details of where/what are in the pics tomorrow..
nite nite =)

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/08 08 2010 SEARCH/

Don't want to derail this thread, however, while it's not likely that the dogs out there were looking for phones (sadly remains is what these were looking for) there are dogs that are trained to look for cell phones as they are contraband in prisons/jails.

Would LE send out SAR people to search (only) for a phone? And risk injury or worse to one of the searchers (especially if they were sliding down cliffs...)

I know SAR teams search for weapons but for a phone, this seems excessive. I think they are searching for anything relating to Kyron, up to and including a phone, possibly. If word of the cell phone being the target of search came from LE, it is probaby because they know the public is aware of phone-gate and one of them may not be accounted for, but I find it very hard to believe that they would mount this type of search just for a phone.

Someone who thought suspicion would never come their way and even if it did, the elements would take care of the evidence for them? If there's been rain, Dede might think if they find the phone it won't make a difference if they can't get it to work. And her prints would be washed away by the rain, so it can't be connected to her physically. I bet none of them thought about LE being able to get detailed phone records, though. None of these women seem all that smart or have thought this through very much at all.

BBM. Because it hasn't been and can't be said enough.

I think this will be their undoing. Difficult terrain and luck are all that's stood between them and being held accountable so far. But time can erode both of these. Here's to hoping.

the whole cell phone thing came from a talking head.... on the cbs early show this morning. It was his speculation only. I just wanted to clarify this as LE has not stated they are looking for a phone.... the only quote they have given is "forensic evidence" (media thread)

If TH is guilty and/or DS and they ARE looking for one of their cell phones, then both TH & DS are idiots for not throwing them into the river. Bye-bye cell phone. I too agree they are not looking for cell phones because of the use of the dogs.

I was thinking about other ways they might be able to trace the damning conversation, if there is one, on a lost cellphone. Couldn't they pinpoint the date and time of day the store at Lloyd Center sold the girls the phones, and even narrow it further by women's names, or anons (if you can do that) and then investigate those possibly 5 or 10 phone numbers? Maybe I'm not understanding the technology well enough. Do they need the actual phone to get the conversation from it? Or can they get it from the number alone?

Of course, if they found a phone and could connect it to the case, they would have another point in the path that day.

Hi Billylee,
This may be a stupid question(but I don't personally know the answer, so as I always do I'm gonna ask be it stupid or not :crazy:).. What is geocaching? A term I don't think I've ever heard?:waitasec: (that I can recall anyway)...
TIA...

O/T a bit. Sorry to delay an answer, I had to leave yesterday to attend a wedding. Geocaching is like a treasure hunt. Someone hides a cache, not cash, and you download the GPS co-ordinates to your handheld GPS and go off hunting for it. It's really fun and the kids all love it. Caches are rated in difficulty 1 -5. Go to Geocaching.com and check it out, it's free to join. Like I was saying when we went out last weekend I just kept thinking about searching for Kyron and how trying to find caches rated 1.5 was difficult enough when I had the co-ordinates right in front of me. We've searched for caches on tops of mountains, in fields and brambles (the kind of terrain we were in last week) and they're even right under your noses in the city.

Investigators will only say they are looking for "forensic evidence," but other sources say the search is for one or more disposable cell phones which Kyron's stepmother and her friend bought under false names.

That information reportedly came out of closed grand jury testimony late last week.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/category...0100809/New-lead-amps-up-Kyron-investigation/

Just a heads up: That quote is from a radio station in Seattle which is likely rewriting and "taking liberties" with the McCain quote/speculation regarding the search for forensic evidence. IMO the MyNorthwest report "confirming" a search for cellphones is just bad reporting.

I have started a thread on what information could be found on a disposable cell phone--as this has been reported in MSM, in addition to a talking head on the tv show...

I may be wrong, but if they know the cell phone number, I believe LE can subpoena the carrier's records and it would indicate the numbers called from that number and the time of day and tower it pinged from.

I may be wrong, but if they know the cell phone number, I believe LE can subpoena the carrier's records and it would indicate the numbers called from that number and the time of day and tower it pinged from.
bingo :)

testimony was on friday from the friends

search started on saturday

interesting time of events eh?

Would LE send out SAR people to search (only) for a phone? And risk injury or worse to one of the searchers (especially if they were sliding down cliffs...)

I know SAR teams search for weapons but for a phone, this seems excessive. I think they are searching for anything relating to Kyron, up to and including a phone, possibly. If word of the cell phone being the target of search came from LE, it is probaby because they know the public is aware of phone-gate and one of them may not be accounted for, but I find it very hard to believe that they would mount this type of search just for a phone.

ITA with you. On the Caylee searches that I took part in, we were obviously looking for Caylee, but also were told of a few specific items that we needed to keep our eyes peeled for as well, for example, one of those items was a toddler's shirt. This is what I think that LE is doing here, obviously they are looking for Kyron (sadly :(), but also a few items that LE is looking for to corroborate their case. Like so many others have said, they are definitely looking for a person since they have the K9's out searching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back