GUILTY Ireland - Ashling Murphy, 23, school teacher, beaten to death, Tullamore, County Offaly, 12 Jan 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here - scroll down.
But I also read more detailed report.
Ashling Murphy murder: DNA samples from new suspect to be cross-checked

I’m one it says they were threatened and in another says that he lunged at them. But no knife mentioned.

Honestly I can’t tell if they’re taking creative liberties or what because it seems almost like each news website has a slightly different version of what happened

I’m one it says they were threatened and in another says that he lunged at them. But no knife mentioned.

Honestly I can’t tell if they’re taking creative liberties or what because it seems almost like each news website has a slightly different version of what happened
I still cant find the most detailed report :(
I read this article on FB - I don't remember the title of a newspaper.

It was an interview with a man who lent 2 joggers a phone.
They came to his house.

It was written that 2 women: a teacher and a policeman's wife wanted to help AM but he tried to attack them with a weapon.
They fled to bring help.

I rarely mix cases as you claimed I did;)

Last edited:
My understanding was that two other female joggers (on same side of canal), came across this attack.

They themselves were threatened by the assailant, who then fled.

The two females raised the alarm.

Emergency services soon arrived and attended to Ashling, who at that point was still alive.

Thanks to everyone for reminding me/us what has been said about witnesses to the attack on Ashling. While it's clearly true that no one was able to save her, I am still not sure what evilwise meant by saying 'and yet not a single person helped Ashling when she actually needed it'. The implication seemed to be that there were people who could and should have saved her from the killer, but failed to do so, and I haven't seen anything to suggest that.

Thanks to everyone for reminding me/us what has been said about witnesses to the attack on Ashling. While it's clearly true that no one was able to save her, I am still not sure what evilwise meant by saying 'and yet not a single person helped Ashling when she actually needed it'. The implication seemed to be that there were people who could and should have saved her from the killer, but failed to do so, and I haven't seen anything to suggest that.

No, you’re definitely right. I didn’t point that out in my post (or essay more like lol) for the sake of argument and to respond to what they said. But as you said, there’s no indication that anyone could’ve intervened any earlier. No one stood there and failed to help.

Why is he remanded for 2 weeks only?
Is the evidence not sufficient enough still???

From the Guardian this afternoon:

Judge Victor Blake asked if the director of public prosecution’s directions were available. Garda Sergeant Olwyn Murphy said they were not.

Blake adjourned the case for two weeks, remanding Puska into continuing custody until a further hearing at the same court on 9 February “for formal DPP directions”.

The court also heard that the DPP had to complete its book of evidence, which will include results of forensic searches of the alleged crime scene.

Ashling Murphy: man charged with murder of teacher appears in court

I've just realised that the Sun report you posted the link for above actually has slightly more detail about the procedures causing the delay than the Guardian report I've posted the extract from above.

I've just realised that the Sun report you posted the link for above actually has slightly more detail about the procedures causing the delay than the Guardian report I've posted the extract from above.
:)
It is that Im surprised that the Prosecution still has to complete the evidence.
But it seems they are waiting for the forensic results.

His Defence was quick to point out they have only 2 weeks instead of 4 they requested.
Hmmm
It all seems strange to me.

Last edited:
The defence solicitor said “.... and I would state that it is unsatisfactory that the file is still only being prepared ...

Garda Sergeant Olwyn Murphy said 'it would be a skeleton file, but it would be adequate to obtain formal directions.'

You'd like to think that the lengthy time taken so far plus the sparseness of presented evidence, is because the Irish police are compiling a detailed, comprehensive case against JP.

The defence solicitor said “.... and I would state that it is unsatisfactory that the file is still only being prepared ...

Garda Sergeant Olwyn Murphy said 'it would be a skeleton file, but it would be adequate to obtain formal directions.'

You'd like to think that the lengthy time taken so far plus the sparseness of presented evidence, is because the Irish police are compiling a detailed, comprehensive case against JP.

Does it mean that there is only circumstantial evidence?
No his DNA on her body?
What about the weapon and clothes he was wearing during the attack?

Ashling Murphy 'will not be forgotten', says Prince Charles

The name of murdered Irish school teacher Ashling Murphy will not be forgotten, the Prince of Wales has said.

Prince Charles expressed sympathy with the 23-year-old's family, after meeting them alongside the Duchess of Cornwall in County Tipperary.

The royal couple are on their last day of a visit to the island of Ireland.

Ms Murphy was attacked while jogging along a canal in County Offaly, in January.

The royals met privately with Ms Murphy's parents Kathleen and Ray, sister Amy, brother Cathal and boyfriend Ryan Casey at Brú Ború Cultural Centre in Cashel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61
Back