Found Deceased Ireland - Tina Satchwell, 45, Youghal, Co. Cork, 20 March 2017 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/...-Tina-b5ff1bba-efaa-45dd-8afb-b9551cf7d5c7-ds

TINA SATCHWELL’S husband said he drove 10,000km searching for his wife in the first month of her disappearance.
Speaking ahead of the one-year anniversary of her disappearance tomorrow, Richard Satchwell, aged 52, told the Evening Echo that he drove to all the places the pair had been to together, as well as tracing members of Tina’s family in Killarney and the UK.

Mr Satchwell, who had been unemployed when Tina went missing, quickly took a job driving trucks to keep his mind busy.
“When Tina left I wasn’t working, but I was totally cracking up in the house on my own, so I took a job I wouldn’t normally take as Tina wasn’t here. It alleviated some of the pressure.”
Recounting the final few days they spent together in March 2017, Richard said everything seemed normal.

According to some people on twitter, there is local talk of Tina Satchwell finding out some awful stuff about her family. I believe the implication is that this might have put her in a very bad frame of mind leading up to her disappearance.

However things her husband has said still don't make sense. Why would she send him out to shops on a 20 min journey if everyday she went swimming etc or meeting a friend? She could have left then and had more time.

He is still the last person to see her and there is no trace of her leaving the area. Taking the money would mean she planned to run away somewhere but saying she was depressed and upset would imply a motive for harming herself. Which is it? Planning a new life but left her beloved dogs? Or depressed and out of her mind but together enough to take 26 grand with her?

According to some people on twitter, there is local talk of Tina Satchwell finding out some awful stuff about her family. I believe the implication is that this might have put her in a very bad frame of mind leading up to her disappearance.

However things her husband has said still don't make sense. Why would she send him out to shops on a 20 min journey if everyday she went swimming etc or meeting a friend? She could have left then and had more time.

He is still the last person to see her and there is no trace of her leaving the area. Taking the money would mean she planned to run away somewhere but saying she was depressed and upset would imply a motive for harming herself. Which is it? Planning a new life but left her beloved dogs? Or depressed and out of her mind but together enough to take 26 grand with her?
In the radio interview RS kept going on about something that happened in 2012 that the police knew about but he didn't or couldn't talk about - perhaps whatever this was had raised it's head again and she couldn't take it any more and did a Reginald Perrin ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I think the thing that happened in 2012 seems to be her finding out her sister was actually her mother. This was reported in the media.

Things don't make sense though even if she was upset, no sign of her leaving, no CCTV, ....vanished in a very small window of time seemingly from her house.

I think the thing that happened in 2012 seems to be her finding out her sister was actually her mother. This was reported in the media.

Things don't make sense though even if she was upset, no sign of her leaving, no CCTV, ....vanished in a very small window of time seemingly from her house.
ah I see ... it is a strange one for sure.

Didn't others mention maybe she never came home from the boot sale and that's why she was never seen leaving? Of course if that's the case her husband is lying and guilty. And I'm not inclined to think he's guilty for sure, personally. But is there so much CCTV recordings that there is no way she could have left without being seen?

Didn't others mention maybe she never came home from the boot sale and that's why she was never seen leaving? Of course if that's the case her husband is lying and guilty. And I'm not inclined to think he's guilty for sure, personally. But is there so much CCTV recordings that there is no way she could have left without being seen?
I must go back and read thread again .... so there was no cctv images anywhere in town since she left boot sale ?

I was inclined to think RS is innocent however there is so many reason to think he isn't.

social media is rife with rumor. Most of it unsubstantiated.

she went swimming every day when she lived in Fermoy, which she did for many years.
she did not go swimming every day in fermoy, when she moved to Youghal.

We speculated that there was no evidence she returned from car boot sale.. but we never knew for sure.
the police are tight lipped about this investigation and very little information has been released to the general public.
He remains innocent until proven guilty.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...appearance-to-check-new-information-1.3432981

Gardaí investigating the disappearance of Cork woman, Tina Satchwell have confirmed that they are to follow up on over 30 pieces of information that they received over the last two weeks as a result of various media appearances and appeals by her husband, Richard.

“The incident room would have received over 30 calls from people with various bits of information since we began the search and Richard Satchwell did some media interviews – all those calls become jobs that need to be checked out,” said a Garda source.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...appearance-to-check-new-information-1.3432981

Gardaí investigating the disappearance of Cork woman, Tina Satchwell have confirmed that they are to follow up on over 30 pieces of information that they received over the last two weeks as a result of various media appearances and appeals by her husband, Richard.

“The incident room would have received over 30 calls from people with various bits of information since we began the search and Richard Satchwell did some media interviews – all those calls become jobs that need to be checked out,” said a Garda source.

If they seriously considered him a suspect would they really be acknowledging his input?

She's gone a year, today, allegedly
We don't know if she is alive or dead.
There is apparently no evidence of any crime having been committed..
Just disappeared without a trace.

Bless your heart Tina, wherever you are.

Depends when the police looked at the cctv on Grattan Street - could have been wiped by the time they decided to check

If they seriously considered him a suspect would they really be acknowledging his input?

She's gone a year, today, allegedly
We don't know if she is alive or dead.
There is apparently no evidence of any crime having been committed..
Just disappeared without a trace.

Bless your heart Tina, wherever you are.

Yes I think they would still acknowledge RSs input. To not do so would arouse suspicion -
his ( possiby ? ) and the media's ( definately ) and would not help their investigation.

Back to the beginning, unless anybody is able to locate any earlier articles?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...missing-woman-tina-satchwell-45-35715395.html First report, possibly, dated May 15th.. (almost 2 months after her disappearance)

Second report dated June7, the date the house was searched.. some 10 weeks after her disappearance https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...-a-trace-from-home-for-11-weeks-35799164.html

Third report dated June 21, 2017- family interviewed, but not her mother
https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...three-months-thinking-the-worst-35853096.html

In the TV3 report Lorraine Howard stated she was v v close to Tina, but had not chatted with her since the previous Christmas!

Thanks for linking those early articles Kitty.

I note that those reports state that Tina went missing on Friday March 24. I wonder at what point did the police correct that info and give the date of March 20. Or could be the journos just getting the date wrong, based on when RS reported Tina as missing.

Thanks for linking those early articles Kitty.

I note that those reports state that Tina went missing on Friday March 24. I wonder at what point did the police correct that info and give the date of March 20. Or could be the journos just getting the date wrong, based on when RS reported Tina as missing.
She is considered missing from the date it is reported, not the actual date because that is still an alleged date.
So many articles report both dates as the date of missing and in a way both are correct.
For our purposes here it depends upon whether one believes Rs or not.

At this point in time, I feel anybody could have done it, if it was a case of foul play.

He simply had no motive, nothing to gain and a lot to lose.

I believe he loved her and loves her still and she probably loved him too.
No hx of Dv in a very very long marriage..

The press have been extremely misleading from the outset.. they believed him to be guilty or they were fed that information.
The police have not indicated he is a suspect and after 12 months have passed, he has not even been cautioned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back