Irwin Attorney: ‘Jersey’ Bragged About Kidnapping Lisa Irwin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought at one time the defense was putting a lot of emphasis on the neighbor's husband. But looks like Picerno today has ditched that. Why?

Or will he say next week that is who paid Jersey?

You may be on to something....angry husband + handyman who needed $$

Thanks AngelWings. To be honest, I'm still confused about this. In the first interviews, I thought adult Lisa said her husband saw it and told her about it. They didn't think anything of it until the next day when they heard about Baby Lisa. In a later interview, adult Lisa was speaking as if both she and her husband saw the man. It's unclear to me still if it was just the husband or both of them. Either way, I think one or both of them saw something and I'm glad they reported it and LE investigated it thoroughly right away.

That's the way I understood neighbor Lisa's interviews, too. In the first interview, while not denying seeing anything herself, she certainly gave the impression that she was only recounting what her husband had seen. By the time the second interview came around, she was definitely saying she saw the baby carrying man as well, and new details were revealed about his appearance. All MOO

I thought at one time the defense was putting a lot of emphasis on the neighbor's husband. But looks like Picerno today has ditched that. Why?

Or will he say next week that is who paid Jersey?

I agree that there certainly was emphasis on Mr. Brando in early November. But, to be fair to the defense team, I dont' think Mr. Brando has ever been hinted at or mentioned by them at all. Media focus on Mr. Brando came mostly from Mr. Abeyta and Mike T's (motorcycle man) identification of Mr. Brando in a photo line up, later determined to have been issued to him first by Mr. Abeyta.

Imo, Mike T is a non-factor. Mr. Abeyta as well. While Mr. Brando is as worthy a potential suspect as others, I'm not considering Mike T or Mr. Abeyta in the mix for reasons of my own. There are plenty of other cirumstantial reasons that Mr. Brando (and his wife, for that matter) should have been considered very seriously by LE in this case. We know that Mr. Brando was, in fact, looked at very hard by LE, and still may be under a microscope for all we know. But, the defense team has not attempted to serve up Mr. Brando on a platter (unless I missed something).

As far as Lisa's room, the family has made few changes, Picerno said.

"Baby Lisa's room is pretty much as it was before she was taken. Police did not really take that much out of the home," he said.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16077691/picerno-witness-claims-handyman-paid-300-for-kidnapping

If Baby Lisa's room is "pretty much as it was before she was taken", does that mean the storage containers & the baby bathtub that were filmed stacked in her crib were in her crib before she was "taken"?

Does that also mean that the black trash bags that were duct-taped over the nursery window were there before she was taken?

I'm sure they put things back the way it was. I'm sure they also took the black trash bags down. Really?!

I agree LE may have chased this down earlier. I take it you are discounting the HRD hit in the parent's bedroom which is direct evidence and putting weight on an unconfirmed witness's account? Just wonder why if so?

I keep the HRD hit in the back of my mind at all times however I can only give it so much weight since it has not been confirmed. When I say not been confirmed I am fully aware that it is listed in the warrant and it did happen. However was it backed up by other dogs and do we know that no one else has ever been deceased in that house. Until LE says yep, the dogs hit again and no one died in this house prior to JI's purchase it is just another clue that may or may not mean anything.

I'm sure they put things back the way it was. I'm sure they also took the black trash bags down. Really?!

Is there a link that states LE or the family put things back the way it was?
LE generally do not clean up messes they make during a search or investigation. moo

Could be this was the info. I don't know.

The girl told her mother that she was told this at the vigil by a man connected with the flophouse group after the baby disappeared. I think this is why LE subpoenaed the raw video footage, why Jersey's picture circulated early and why Jersey has been held ever since.

Is there a link that states LE or the family put things back the way it was?
LE generally do not clean up messes they make during a search or investigation. moo

I would say the link is the interview we are discussing in which the atty said (paraphrasing) Lisa's room looks like it did before she was taken. I know LE doesn't clean up, but I'm sure DB/JI did if it looks like it did BEFORE she was taken. :twocents:

It's not uncommon for LE to black out windows during an investigation. In this kind of case, it would be pretty standard.

The girl told her mother that she was told this at the vigil by a man connected with the flophouse group after the baby disappeared. I think this is why LE subpoenaed the raw video footage, why Jersey's picture circulated early and why Jersey has been held ever since.

Do we know when the girl told her mother this? Jersey was reportedly not seen by anyone in the area since before Lisa went missing until his arrest on October 14th. LE started canvassing the neighbors and the regulars in the area with Jersey's photo right after Lisa disappeared (imo, either because he was a sometime neighbor who was unaccounted for, or because he was on Debbi/Jeremy's "list"). Did this girl come forward way back in early October, or is this a recent revelation?

Jersey was out of commission before the first vigil. If Jersey, for some unfathonamable reason, felt the need to brag about it to a homeless man, he would have had to do so right after it happened and before he went underground for this time line to play out. The timing just doesn't seem right on this. I'm not saying the girl is lying, but imo we really need to get to the source of this information (the homeless snitch) to determine if this is anything other than bs.

BBM

I agree, Miss James - and I've commented about the crib mattress height in previous posts (as many of us have).

As a mother & a new grandmother, when I saw the crib mattress in photos, I immediately knew it was @ an unsafe height. I've had doubts that Baby Lisa even slept in her crib - if she didn't, then it calls into question SB's claim that she saw the baby in her crib on the night Lisa *disappeared*.

Now we hear of this report that Jersey was allegedly paid $300 to "get Baby Lisa".

Who knows if this recent info is even factual? If it is, my questions are: who paid him, and what was he paid to do?

I remember the crib mattress being discussed early on. I think some were of the opinion that LE could have left it that way as it was somewhat sitting on the bumper pads. I remember when changing sheets on my babies' crib mattresses, I would pull the mattress up and it would usually hang up on those bumper pads. I would have to kind of work it back in place. :twocents:

Do we know when the girl told her mother this? Jersey was reportedly not seen by anyone in the area since before Lisa went missing until his arrest on October 14th. LE started canvassing the neighbors and the regulars in the area with Jersey's photo right after Lisa disappeared (imo, either because he was a sometime neighbor who was unaccounted for, or because he was on Debbi/Jeremy's "list"). Did this girl come forward way back in early October, or is this a recent revelation?

Jersey was out of commission before the first vigil. If Jersey, for some unfathonamable reason, felt the need to brag about it to a homeless man, he would have had to do so right after it happened and before he went underground for this time line to play out. The timing just doesn't seem right on this. I'm not saying the girl is lying, but imo we really need to get to the source of this information (the homeless snitch) to determine if this is anything other than bs.

That would explain LE wanting the raw video footage. I don't know when the girl came forward or when LE disclosed this tip to the DT.
Jersey could have bragged to someone immediately after as he had cash. Jersey was around for a few days -- he was at Megan's with the "stolen" minivan. The guy who heard it is supposedly connected with this group of transients and drifters.
Picerno agreed it was iffy, but LE confirms they are following up on this like all other leads. That's a good thing. Taking it to the media is good, because maybe somebody else heard of it or saw something.

I agree that there certainly was emphasis on Mr. Brando in early November. But, to be fair to the defense team, I dont' think Mr. Brando has ever been hinted at or mentioned by them at all. Media focus on Mr. Brando came mostly from Mr. Abeyta and Mike T's (motorcycle man) identification of Mr. Brando in a photo line up, later determined to have been issued to him first by Mr. Abeyta.

Imo, Mike T is a non-factor. Mr. Abeyta as well. While Mr. Brando is as worthy a potential suspect as others, I'm not considering Mike T or Mr. Abeyta in the mix for reasons of my own. There are plenty of other cirumstantial reasons that Mr. Brando (and his wife, for that matter) should have been considered very seriously by LE in this case. We know that Mr. Brando was, in fact, looked at very hard by LE, and still may be under a microscope for all we know. But, the defense team has not attempted to serve up Mr. Brando on a platter (unless I missed something).

There was a lot of talk about SB holding a grudge against one or both of Lisa's parents for interferring with his marriage or being a "bad influence" on his wife. I never saw a reliable source for this information although there might be one. I know that Dr. Drew had a "source" for this info, and he discussed this as possible motive on a couple of his shows. This talk died down pretty quickly, and by the time SB's media turn came around, he seemed to be playing down any serious marital discord despite the trial separation, emphasizing the "I love you" text messages exchanged that evening. This is the same interview where he revealed that his wife continued to be close to DB and was spending a lot of time with her. This has always troubled me, especially since Mrs. SB is the only person involved who's declining media interviews. For all I know, these two did go in for bathroom breaks and to check on the children during their drinking time, but it troubles me that there has never been a mention of going back into the house at any time during any of DB's accounts of the evening, no mention of childcare whatsoever. I realize it is none of my business, but I can't help but be curious about the current status of the Brandos relationship and if they have worked out their problems.

ETA: I meant also to mention, although I have no idea if it's pertinent, that it was also SB's first night away from his family as well as JI's first time working overtime. Just another of the odd coincidences that are so prevalent in this case.

There was a lot of talk about SB holding a grudge against one or both of Lisa's parents for interferring with his marriage or being a "bad influence" on his wife. I never saw a reliable source for this information although there might be one. I know that Dr. Drew had a "source" for this info, and he discussed this as possible motive on a couple of his shows. This talk died down pretty quickly, and by the time SB's media turn came around, he seemed to be playing down any serious marital discord despite the trial separation, emphasizing the "I love you" text messages exchanged that evening. This is the same interview where he revealed that his wife continued to be close to DB and was spending a lot of time with her. This has always troubled me, especially since Mrs. SB is the only person involved who's declining media interviews. For all I know, these two did go in for bathroom breaks and to check on the children during their drinking time, but it troubles me that there has never been a mention of going back into the house at any time during any of DB's accounts of the evening, no mention of childcare whatsoever. I realize it is none of my business, but I can't help but be curious about the current status of the Brandos relationship and if they have worked out their problems.

ETA: I meant also to mention, although I have no idea if it's pertinent, that it was also SB's first night away from his family as well as JI's first time working overtime. Just another of the odd coincidences that are so prevalent in this case.

All good points, but I think you have mixed up initials. SB is the drinking buddy, JB is drinking buddy's estranged hubby. No big deal really, I knew who you were talking about. Just didn't want to add to confusion with all the players in this case. To add, yes, I would love to here from SB. She has been silent.:seeya:

ETA....Just remembered another SB that night was new neighbor that came to smoke/chat w/ the women.

That would explain LE wanting the raw video footage. I don't know when the girl came forward or when LE disclosed this tip to the DT.
Jersey could have bragged to someone immediately after as he had cash. Jersey was around for a few days -- he was at Megan's with the "stolen" minivan. The guy who heard it is supposedly connected with this group of transients and drifters.
Picerno agreed it was iffy, but LE confirms they are following up on this like all other leads. That's a good thing. Taking it to the media is good, because maybe somebody else heard of it or saw something.

It's all confusing. I'm pretty sure the mini-van thing was before Lisa went missing, not after. Jersey had shaved his head some time before Oct 3rd (as confirmed by neighbor Mary Hurt). I think Megan's account of Jersey coming to her communal house in the van was a week after they broke up (which was a few days before Lisa went missing). Boy, would we all have more hair ourselves right now if we had anything near a solid timeline! :pullhair:

And, I agree that it's good for everyone who has any kind of tip whatsoever to come forward. I was surprised that some were criticizing the FBI for checking out a tip in NY based on FB photos of a baby that looked like a young Lisa. I say "check it all out", leave no stone unturned. Some tips will be utter crap, par for the course. But, one of them just might be the key. This LE/FBI team appears to looking at everything and that is good for sweet Lisa.

It's all confusing. I'm pretty sure the mini-van thing was before Lisa went missing, not after. Jersey had shaved his head some time before Oct 3rd (as confirmed by neighbor Mary Hurt). I think Megan's account of Jersey coming to her communal house in the van was a week after they broke up (which was a few days before Lisa went missing). Boy, would we all have more hair ourselves right now if we had anything near a solid timeline! :pullhair:

And, I agree that it's good for everyone who has any kind of tip whatsoever to come forward. I was surprised that some were criticizing the FBI for checking out a tip based on FB photos of a baby that looked like a young Lisa. I say "check it all out", leave no stone unturned. Some tips will be utter crap, par for the course. But, one of them just might be the key. This LE/FBI team appears to looking at everything and that is good for sweet Lisa.

I was pretty sure Jersey shaved his head the day the investigation started. Too bad these things weren't put in the timeline of the cell phones when they were fresh.

I was pretty sure Jersey shaved his head the day the investigation started. Too bad these things weren't put in the timeline of the cell phones when they were fresh.

Shouldn't have looked. lol

Mary Hurt claimed Jersey shaved his head the day of the disapperance, Oct 3. Don't have a link, but it was the first interview Mary Hurt did w/ I think, HLN Spellman. Good night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassy Sleuth