Is Geraldo's Prod Co Paying For the Def? UPDATED 1-09 Entertainment Deal Allegations

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think it is Geraldo or his production company paying for the defense. For one thing he was censored by Fox a few years ago for actually giving out so much information on where he was in Iraq that it was a security breach for our troops there. They then took him off cable and back to the regular fox network for a show similar to Inside Edition. It's only been about a year or so now that he's back on cable.

After the big mistake he make on Fox yesterday I wouldn't doubt if he will be out the door again soon. He said, on someone else's show yesterday, that Kronk had been arrested for rape. Within thirty minutes Fox retracted that statment, said it was false, that Geraldo meant "Kidnapping" and issued an apology.

I believe that either organized crime OR, more likely now, that JB has been paying for her defense with the money made off of selling pics and videos.

I am of an age to have been watching Geraldo's mess ups my whole life. I see him as an old hippee type liberal wanting to make sure that defendents rights are always at the forefront. That's it in a nutshell. For that reason he favors Baez and has listened to the sob story from him of KC's rights being obstructed by public opinion.

JMO!:)

I NEVER watch Geraldo. I haven't been able to stomach his personality for many years, but last night flipping thru channels I stopped to see what they were saying about this case. Unbelievable. His, guest was saying that the tape ACROSS her mouth would have fallen off as she decomposed, blah, blah, blah. Wouldn't mention that it was WRAPPED all the way around her head. GR cut off the woman who opposed the views they were stating. Definate one sided view on this show, and refusal to be unbiased. Something is up here.

Actually, I've been a little unhappy with a lot of the newscasts that are too opinionated. They are supposed to present the news factually and they all have gotten carried away with speculation and bending the facts. That's our job!! Just give me the facts and I will form my own opinion. :) What in the world is NG gonna talk about when this is over?

Actually shows like Nancy Grace are opinion and commentary shows and not newscasts. Some like Geraldo claim to be unbiased but they are not. Nancy doesn't claim to be unbiased. Her shows have always been oriented towards crime victims and will continue to be so. Her shows would be very frustating to watch for someone pro-defense. Same frustration pro defense posters have with WS, which is a victim advocate site. :)

There are no shortage of crime victims and after Caylee, she'll move on to the next case. From Wiki:

Nancy Ann Grace (born October 23, 1959) is an American legal commentator, television host, and former prosecutor. She frequently discusses issues from what she describes as a victims' rights standpoint, with an outspoken style that has won her both praise and condemnation

Actually shows like Nancy Grace are opinion and commentary shows and not newscasts. Some like Geraldo claim to be unbiased but they are not. Nancy doesn't claim to be unbiased. Her shows have always been oriented towards crime victims and will continue to be so. Her shows would be very frustating to watch for someone pro-defense. Same frustration pro defense posters have with WS, which is a victim advocate site. :)

There are no shortage of crime victims and after Caylee, she'll move on to the next case. From Wiki:

Nancy Ann Grace (born October 23, 1959) is an American legal commentator, television host, and former prosecutor. She frequently discusses issues from what she describes as a victims' rights standpoint, with an outspoken style that has won her both praise and condemnation

Thanks:blowkiss:. Nancy is who she is and accept it or not. Don't watch if you don't like her should be the motto. But, I have to say if I went missing or something worse I would want Nancy Grace screaming from the top of her lungs for my welfare. Too few victim's rights advocates and too many defense attorney's....JMO.

I NEVER watch Geraldo. I haven't been able to stomach his personality for many years, but last night flipping thru channels I stopped to see what they were saying about this case. Unbelievable. His, guest was saying that the tape ACROSS her mouth would have fallen off as she decomposed, blah, blah, blah. Wouldn't mention that it was WRAPPED all the way around her head. GR cut off the woman who opposed the views they were stating. Definate one sided view on this show, and refusal to be unbiased. Something is up here.

Actually, I've been a little unhappy with a lot of the newscasts that are too opinionated. They are supposed to present the news factually and they all have gotten carried away with speculation and bending the facts. That's our job!! Just give me the facts and I will form my own opinion. :) What in the world is NG gonna talk about when this is over?

bolded for reference: LOL! Very much appreciated. :)

I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly. Whenever they have an article about anything owned by their publisher/owner, TimeWarner, they make note of it. IOW, they come clean. "Blah blah blah (also owned by TimeWarner, publisher of EW) blah blah blah."

I don't think the news channels can pay for something and not disclose it. Very unethical. You can say it's NOT news, and I can agree it's mostly commentary, but these are big channels in the public eye, with big lawyers. IMO big trouble for not admitting they are funding a defense.

However, I'm no journalism expert either. And GR is no saint. :p

I think it is odd that Reichs and company signed on without knowing the whole case. They jumped in to help? Help what? KC get free? Whatever. I lost a lot of respect for Reichs in all this. Yes, KC is entitled to a vigorous defense. But shouldn't a professional look at the evidence, then decide if they can help/assist??? Doesn't seem like they did that. It's not like an attorney who can decide to defend someone whether they feel they are guilty or not, it's their JOB to do so. Being an expert means you have to tell the truth, not fabricate evidence to the contrary, etc. I guess what I'm saying, is if I was Dr. Reichs, I would want to be involved in honest good work, not covering up for a criminal. I hope if she sees the evidence and feels KC is really truly guilty she will just drop out. One can hope. OOPS! I should be posting all that on the Million $ thread!

http://www.wftv.com/news/18514454/detail.html

Monday, January 19, 2009 – updated: 5:49 pm EST January 19, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News uncovered bold new allegations that secret entertainment deals could be helping to pay for Casey Anthony's defense. Sources tell Eyewitness News that someone complained to the State Attorney's Office about the funding Jose Baez is using toward Casey's defense.
Those sources told WFTV reporter Mary Nguyen the funding could be considered a major conflict of interest. Eyewitness News sources said the judge knows there's a concern about Baez's defense fund. He could decide it's baseless, but if he determines Baez did something wrong he could remove him from the case.
video:http://www.wftv.com/video/18514329/index.html

I KNEW it! Ever since I heard about the 'dream team' I've been saying that the media is probably paying for all of this! I'm so mad right now! I'm SO GLAD someone is looking into this so we'll know for sure ONCE AND FOR ALL!

I really hope they get to the bottom of this. It really smells rotten.

I KNEW it! Ever since I heard about the 'dream team' I've been saying that the media is probably paying for all of this! I'm so mad right now! I'm SO GLAD someone is looking into this so we'll know for sure ONCE AND FOR ALL!

ITA and I think its completely repulsive!:furious:

Does GR have a secret entertainment company? I feel he is up to his eyeballs in paying for the defense team.

"Eyewitness News does know the defense has already received around $200,000, but the terms were unclear."

I wonder if this was when he was in NY during that 8-14th jail visit when Casey said he was up there doing business for her??

Also, I wonder who this good samaritan that lodged the complaint was? Someone with an axe to grind?

"Jose Baez's spokesperson said Baez has not made any contingent deals. He said Baez is involved with coordinating licensing fees and deals with various production companies, but does not profit on those matters."

<snipped from article,bold by me>

And what the heck does this mean:

Jose Baez's spokesperson said Baez has not made any contingent deals. He said Baez is involved with coordinating licensing fees and deals with various production companies, but does not profit on those matters

Coordinating licensing fees but not profiting? I'm confused.

"Jose Baez's spokesperson said Baez has not made any contingent deals. He said Baez is involved with coordinating licensing fees and deals with various production companies, but does not profit on those matters."

and who benefits from the licensing fees, hmmm can anyone say The Anthony's

Conflict of interest in my book.

JB can't very well cry foul and ask for a change in venue due to media publicity if he is churning the media machine. Interesting legal point...but I don't have the answers.

And what the heck does this mean:

Jose Baez's spokesperson said Baez has not made any contingent deals. He said Baez is involved with coordinating licensing fees and deals with various production companies, but does not profit on those matters

Coordinating licensing fees but not profiting? I'm confused.

:) I think JB's "coordination" comes in the form of setting up a deal that he gets paid through another source to get around the whole "illegal" thing.

moo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79