Is the fact that Terri hasn't been arrested indicative of lack of evidence?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't know if I should put this here or not...probably unrelated...but is anyone following the new story about the skull found up in Washington State? NO information yet on age, race or how long it's been there.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/Human-skull-found-at-Joint-Base-Lewis-McChord-104907999.html

Adding this follow up story too.

"Detectives in missing person cases in the area are paying close attention to the military's investigation"
http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington...covery-on-JBLM-continues-today-104964114.html

I didn't know if I should put this here or not...probably unrelated...but is anyone following the new story about the skull found up in Washington State? NO information yet on age, race or how long it's been there.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/Human-skull-found-at-Joint-Base-Lewis-McChord-104907999.html

"Detectives in missing person cases in the area are paying close attention to the military's investigation"
http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington...covery-on-JBLM-continues-today-104964114.html

I did read that with interest. Too bad they had to wait a day to get a forensic pathologist out there. Hopefully, it will give some family closure. :-(

It's just too much of a stretch for me, loves2b, that LE would just trust that a group of people who would kidnap and/or murder one child, would not harm another child, and simply let them roam free.

We do not know the scope or complexities of this case.

I would imagine that investigations are a bit like medicine. Some cases are straightforward and surgery...or an arrest can be arranged quickly; others are more delicate, more involved...so there are no cookie-cutter, one-size fits -all rules that apply. Sometimes a cancer has to sit awhile...as unpalatable as that is. One isolates it...as Terri Horman has essentially been isolated by notoriety...and you plan how to excise it and all effected by its malignancy.

We have been told that we will be surprised when the details of this case are exposed; we have seen professionals say things to the effect that THEY have become aware of things in this case they wish they had never learned. The Mother of the victim has been "sickened" by things shown to her. There is a sense here of something truly obscene...truly horrific. Considering we are starting from the base of a small trusting little boy disappearing in the morning from school...those are amazing admissions!

Terri Horman,for now, sits at the center of this mysterious malignancy. We need it ALL rooted out, cut away...not just HER.

Terri Horman is not roaming the streets looking for another victim. She is in very visible "box." She is isolated. The general public has been told there is nothing to fear. Ding. Dong...the [unusual person] is in a plexi-glass house. The only child IMO...in jeopardy..is Baby K...who some fancy legal work may put into Terri's hands before we know what those hands did to a little boy who loved her.

I trust LE. I think they want to find the remains...just as LE was content to let Scott Peterson twist in the wind for awhile until Laci and Conor were found. Kyron's Dad asked the public to have patience.

I do.

We do not know the scope or complexities of this case.

I would imagine that investigations are a bit like medicine. Some cases are straightforward and surgery...or an arrest can be arranged quickly; others are more delicate, more involved...so there are no cookie-cutter, one-size fits -all rules that apply. Sometimes a cancer has to sit awhile...as unpalatable as that is. One isolates it...as Terri Horman has essentially been isolated by notoriety...and you plan how to excise it and all effected by its malignancy.

We have been told that we will be surprised when the details of this case are exposed; we have seen professionals say things to the effect that THEY have become aware of things in this case they wish they had never learned. The Mother of the victim has been "sickened" by things shown to her. There is a sense here of something truly obscene...truly horrific. Considering we are starting from the base of a small trusting little boy disappearing in the morning from school...those are amazing admissions!

Terri Horman,for now, sits at the center of this mysterious malignancy. We need it ALL rooted out, cut away...not just HER.

Terri Horman is not roaming the streets looking for another victim. She is in very visible "box." She is isolated. The general public has been told there is nothing to fear. *advertiser censored* is in a plexi-glass house. The only child IMO...in jeopardy..is Baby K...who some fancy legal work may put into Terri's hands before we know what those hands did to a little boy who loved her.

I trust LE. I think they want to find the remains...just as LE was content to let Scott Peterson twist in the wind for awhile until Laci and Conor were found. Kyron's Dad asked the public to have patience.

I do.

Yet another perfectly worded post. I couldn't agree more, SMM. Thank you!! :clap:

My impression, without having actually gathered any case info to do a legitimate statistical analysis, is that LE most often does their job and gets the criminals off the street asap.

If I find out they most often don't do their job... I'm gonna be mighty upset, starting in my own community, where I pay megabucks in tax dollars.

If it's rare for LE to arrest when they have the sufficient elements to do so, then it stands to reason there would be chaos and mayhem in the streets. It would be like, hmmmmm, Escape from New York kinda, outside my window. But all is calm and peaceful on this lovely morning where I am.

From everything we read, right here on this board, and a lot is not reported, there is chaos and mayhem in the streets. If that isn't bad enough, we are warned through a religious book that there is evil in high places. When you put it all together, it's a blooming wonder any of us are still standing.

They don't indicate that it looked like it was a small child's skull... I hope this discovery provides some closure for this person's family... MOO

All JMO

Maybe it's just me foolishly reading too much into a standard-form report but this document (linked by BeanE in the news thread) doesn't sound like the plan of an investigation that has it all-but wrapped up. Some of the language used reeks of "cold case."

Any ideas of what this could mean (from the document)?

"Currently the Task Force is working on 25 major tasks which have been identified and prioritized; all tasks are subject to change based on the needs of the investigation."

Maybe it's just me foolishly reading too much into a standard-form report but this document (linked by BeanE in the news thread) doesn't sound like the plan of an investigation that has it all-but wrapped up. Some of the language used reeks of "cold case."

So many people thought the same (cold case) about the Mackenzie Cowell murder investigation... and they were soooo wrong. The MC task force had their suspect pretty much out of the gate, but the public had no idea that they had so much information.

The public, additionally, was not aware that LE had DNA evidence, and the long wait was mostly for the DNA to come back from the lab. All the while, LE built their case, talked to people about the suspect, and the public knew none of it.

I don't think that LE has Kyron's case "all-but wrapped up," but I do think that it's nowhere near cold.

So many people thought the same (cold case) about the Mackenzie Cowell murder investigation... and they were soooo wrong. The MC task force had their suspect pretty much out of the gate, but the public had no idea that they had so much information.

The public, additionally, was not aware that LE had DNA evidence, and the long wait was mostly for the DNA to come back from the lab. All the while, LE built their case, talked to people about the suspect, and the public knew none of it.

I don't think that LE has Kyron's case "all-but wrapped up," but I do think that it's nowhere near cold.

You could be right and, certainly, if they still have a "major ton" of tips to work through - including 25 major tasks - this isn't a cold case in the sense that they've hit a dead end. But when they talk about newly-assigned detectives "that will provide a case review and proceed with a fresh perspective and determination to seek and achieve justice," it doesn't sound like they've got their suspect and so much information against her/him that they are ready to pounce. When they talk about making sure the detectives know what district attorneys are involved, and providing monthly update reports to the Lieutenant, it doesn't sound like there is a closely integrated team working together daily to dot the i's and cross the t's on a foregone prosecution. Finally when one of their main goals is to create a report due in February (!!!) that includes a "Determination and assessment of investigation direction," that speaks volumes. If you had a prime suspect and substantial evidence, why would you need a determination and asessment of the investigation's direction at all, let alone more than 3-months to come up with one?

You could be right and, certainly, if they still have a "major ton" of tips to work through - including 25 major tasks - this isn't a cold case in the sense that they've hit a dead end. But when they talk about newly-assigned detectives "that will provide a case review and proceed with a fresh perspective and determination to seek and achieve justice," it doesn't sound like they've got their suspect and so much information against her/him that they are ready to pounce. When they talk about making sure the detectives know what district attorneys are involved, and providing monthly update reports to the Lieutenant, it doesn't sound like there is a closely integrated team working together daily to dot the i's and cross the t's on a foregone prosecution. Finally when one of their main goals is to create a report due in February (!!!) that includes a "Determination and assessment of investigation direction," that speaks volumes. If you had a prime suspect and substantial evidence, why would you need a determination and asessment of the investigation's direction at all, let alone more than 3-months to come up with one?

Thank you, Desquire, for your valued opinion. I do agree with you, even though it makes me feel more cynical than usual, but the wording rang of political double-speak, in a way, and yet the fact that they indicated Feb. 2011 as a date for a report is pretty clear. It makes me think, at the very least, that they are not in any position to make any moves anytime soon (unless perhaps Kyron is found suddenly) and that this may well go beyond even that date.

I don't think it means they are changing direction, but that they are not close to having enough evidence to bring any charges and may or may not be any closer in four months time.

Anyone have any idea if the GJ is still meeting? I keep thinking they didn't have enough to pursue further action, but I keep hoping they are still reviewing the case. Any thoughts?

Passion Flower,

Thank you for linking this and putting this in the thread for Kyron. It really helped to see how they go about working a case, when there is no body. I understand now why the second search and how they are building this case. If anyone hasn't read this it is a good paper to read. I think there is going to be an arrest shortly after reading this.

After reading the sexts, Kaines affadavit, and Terri's response, I beginning to wonder if LE honed in on Terri's need for a man early on. Kaine indicates that her behavior was suspicious after leaving their home, so he must know something fishy was going on in Roseburg. I'm starting to think that LE or the FBI created a new manly friend/sexter to be inserted into her life in Roseburg.

It's 'aberrant behavior' because Kyron was missing what.... 3 weeks? That's why.

If my dog was missing for 3 weeks, the last thing I would do would be to engage a stranger like that. And I can't imagine most would. It shows disconnect, lack of caring for Kyron, etc. and yes, it will be used in court.

And when the heck is this case going to MOVE anyway?

Maybe when they get some EVIDENCE that TH committed a CRIME?

Until then, I think LE would do well to check out EVERYONE close to this case, from the school personnel, people who attended the science fair, SOs, and peripheral relatives.

My opinion only

After reading the sexts, Kaines affadavit, and Terri's response, I beginning to wonder if LE honed in on Terri's need for a man early on. Kaine indicates that her behavior was suspicious after leaving their home, so he must know something fishy was going on in Roseburg. I'm starting to think that LE or the FBI created a new manly friend/sexter to be inserted into her life in Roseburg.

IF that is true, and I were an Oregonian, I would be disgusted at the way my tax dollars were being spent.

In my opinion, LE needs to take off the blinders and check ALL the evidence and everyone thoroughly. Methinks TH might be a scapegoat for God knows what reason.

My opinion only

Maybe when they get some EVIDENCE that TH committed a CRIME?

Until then, I think LE would do well to check out EVERYONE close to this case, from the school personnel, people who attended the science fair, SOs, and peripheral relatives.

My opinion only

Do we have any knowledge that LE has not already done the things mentioned above? I recall the first few weeks of this case when they were interviewing everyone. I'm positive that had someone's story not checked out (as it now appears that Terri's doesn't), they would spend time and energy on them to. But we don't know if they aren't. We know nothing because LE won't tell us anything. Not even the evidence that they have on Terri. JMO

Do we have any knowledge that LE has not already done the things mentioned above? I recall the first few weeks of this case when they were interviewing everyone. I'm positive that had someone's story not checked out (as it now appears that Terri's doesn't), they would spend time and energy on them to. But we don't know if they aren't. We know nothing because LE won't tell us anything. Not even the evidence that they have on Terri. JMO

ITA. LE tells us nothing about evidence and all we see about TH is innuendo and DIRT. This case makes me sick, just about as sick as the Haleigh Cummings case.

My opinion only

IF that is true, and I were an Oregonian, I would be disgusted at the way my tax dollars were being spent.

In my opinion, LE needs to take off the blinders and check ALL the evidence and everyone thoroughly. Methinks TH might be a scapegoat for God knows what reason.

My opinion only

Do you have any information that LE have not checked all evidence and "everyone" thoroughly?

If you think that TH is a scapegoat, you must have some reason to believe that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kissafur1982
Back