Is the state's case effective so far?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not worried but like a previous poster, I am amazed that others thing the DT has a single leg to stand on.

I think of the SA as laying a foundation brick by brick. They have to introduce all the people who witnessed her living the bella vita and then they will get to the nittier grittier stuff. My only worry is that they mention the kidnapping a lot. But they do have to lay it out for the jury that this chick did originally say all of this....now she's saying all of that....what do you believe? This overwhelming pile of evidence or that...latest lie?

I just fear the COD issue. Pool is very easy to believe

The pool WOULD be fairly easy to believe, IF the state didn't also have the forensics from the car and the body with duct tape. No jury is going to buy into this RK took possession of the body BS and placed that duct tape around that child's mouth. Not gonna happen. The jury is going to be left with a HUGE question...why would ICA or GA put duct tape over the nose and mouth of a drowned child.

The DT's case crumbles right there.

So far no - I always thought the DT was going with the accidental theory. The SA shoulda woulda coulda seen that coming. JMO only.

Thanks,

Mel

IMO, so far, the State is not doing very well. It seems like all of the witnesses prefer being questioned by JB.
I think George and JB are working together, that's why George keep looking down when he was questioned by the State when asked about the sexual abuse. George WANTS it to look like he is lying, he is trying to save his daughter.

When do you think they will play the "Waste. Huge waste" phone call for the jury? Once Kristina testifies? THAT needs to come in. That was what sealed the deal for me regarding that this was intented murder and she could care less that her daughter was missing. It also shows that clearly she is in charge of that family and talks to them like *****. That kinda blows the whole "KC is a victim in this family" theory out.

When do you think they will play the "Waste. Huge waste" phone call for the jury? Once Kristina testifies? THAT needs to come in. That was what sealed the deal for me regarding that this was intented murder and she could care less that her daughter was missing. It also shows that clearly she is in charge of that family and talks to them like *****. That kinda blows the whole "KC is a victim in this family" theory out.

My thoughts exactly! Also, the jury will then believe "here are your *advertiser censored***** gas cans" statement. Because Casey sits there in the courtroom saying "that's not true" regardless of the judge's orders. So when the jury hears her first phone call home, they will know how she talks to them. Also I want them to hear "All they want is Caylee back". Heavy duty stuff.

I have to say I have never been a fan of the A's, but I always understood why they were trying to protect their daughter. They had already lost Caylee, they didn't want to lose ICA too. They were making the best of an awful situation. I love that GA is not letting ICA's accusations stand now. She went too far and he couldn't stand by her anymore.

*** Sorry wrong thread

IMHO the state is doing great with their case! I am not at all worried for them. In fact after the opening by the DT imo they went way to far, made it over complex and now have alot to prove. IMHO no jury is going to believe ICA.

IMHO the state is doing great with their case! I am not at all worried for them. In fact after the opening by the DT imo they went way to far, made it over complex and now have alot to prove. IMHO no jury is going to believe ICA.

Thank God for that

The state MUST caution GA to stop being so wordy with his answers, and offering additional reasons and information whenever he's being questioned by the DT.

By giving such long-winded answers, adding in extra details that aren't really pertinent to the question and going on and on... he's making it look like he's hiding something, or deliberately being obtuse or overly careful with choosing his answers.

I believe that the inmate is a million percent guilty, but how he's answering questions is even making me think he's trying to be sneaky about something. That's a danger zone for the jury, IMHO.

The state MUST caution GA to stop being so wordy with his answers, and offering additional reasons and information whenever he's being questioned by the DT.

By giving such long-winded answers, adding in extra details that aren't really pertinent to the question and going on and on... he's making it look like he's hiding something, or deliberately being obtuse or overly careful with choosing his answers.

I believe that the inmate is a million percent guilty, but how he's answering questions is even making me think he's trying to be sneaky about something. That's a danger zone for the jury, IMHO.

I respectfully disagree. I think GA makes a great witness for the prosecution. Here's an example: this is the first time I've heard anyone suggest that GA said in an interview that he didn't put the duct tape on the older gas can. Had GA not offered the added info today that the gas can was taken by LE not once, but twice, and that when it came back the 2nd time, there was fingerprint dust and different duct tape on the can , I would have thought...oh man, he's lying about not putting the duct tape on the can. In actuality, what GA is saying is that he put duct tape on the can to cover the vent when the cap went missing, but that he was shown another picture of the can in LE interview, and there was ANOTHER piece of duct tape on it that he didn't put there. Hence why he said, "I didn't put that duct tape on there". As someone just hearing this info for the first time, GA's added commentary made a HUGE difference in how I percieved his answer wrt truthfulness. JB wanted the jury to take GA's statement about not putting the duct tape on the can at face value. GA wasn't allowing that. Good for him.

JMO

I'm feeling a bit better about the prosecution as I'm plodding through videos of today's proceedings. It's one thing for JB to say "Hey, don't be disturbed by Casey's lies cuz she was horribly abused by her father and that's what sex abuse victims do."

It's another to parade witness after witness after witness who are all saying she lied about the same things. Power in numbers I guess.

I think the State's case is VERY effective. Again, how can someone NOT report their missing daugther? and Casey lies lies lies. Casey isn't looking too good. There are times I think the defense makes her look bad, too. :twocents:

It's getting better- today they established that George couldn't have been there when Caylee "drowned" or he wouldn't have been asking her about Caylee on June 24th. Also they established the party pix, Caylee alone on the balcony, and the shovel, and the bruise under Caylee's eye, and sleeping in the same bed as Ricardo!
George also established Casey's temper when she threw the "f*ing" gas cans at him. Also, George had shovels in the shed, so why the need to borrow the neighbor's shovel? The neighbor also established that she backed the car in, and now that she wouldn't let Tony or George see into the trunk implies a secret.

Hang in there and have faith, these are established prosecutors!

it (the DT opening, "death by accidental drowning, bad daddy abuse and coverup, plus RK shenanigans) does not need to be "dis proven", as you say.

because it isn't proof in the first place. it is a lawyers argument, and the judge has already and will instruct the jury again, that IT IS NOT TO BE CONSIDERED PROOF OF ANYTHING.

so, what matters, after all?

The only witness that can offer this in as testimony will be ICA. That will be the only thing the jury can consider that goes to JB's tall-tale.
Good luck with that, JB & Team.

:shocked2:.........................and this is just day 3 of the trial.

ETA: Yes, I think the State is doing a great job! (title of thread)

Keep on Slamming them outta the ballpark Linda Burdick, Jeff Ashton & Frank George

Day 3- I still think the prosecution is doing a great job.
I commend them for how they are handling George right now, and I do feel that they have sympathy for this man and what he is going through despite the hell he and Cindy may have given them before. They do a really good job rehabilitating George after Baez finishes with him.

When I think of all the evidence that has not been introduced yet, I get very excited. I don't know why..but I feel these jail house videos will be the final straw for the jurors.
How could anyone look in their parents eyes the way Casey did and LIE so easily?- The same way she will look in the jurors eyes and LIE so easily. What kind of woman can hide that her child drowned and never tell anyone? -The same kind that can sit and blame her father for sexual abuse that never happened.

Just wait until they get to see how Casey is screaming at her parents and friends for Only Caring about Caylee.

I respectfully disagree. I think GA makes a great witness for the prosecution. Here's an example: this is the first time I've heard anyone suggest that GA said in an interview that he didn't put the duct tape on the older gas can. Had GA not offered the added info today that the gas can was taken by LE not once, but twice, and that when it came back the 2nd time, there was fingerprint dust and different duct tape on the can , I would have thought...oh man, he's lying about not putting the duct tape on the can. In actuality, what GA is saying is that he put duct tape on the can to cover the vent when the cap went missing, but that he was shown another picture of the can in LE interview, and there was ANOTHER piece of duct tape on it that he didn't put there. Hence why he said, "I didn't put that duct tape on there". As someone just hearing this info for the first time, GA's added commentary made a HUGE difference in how I percieved his answer wrt truthfulness. JB wanted the jury to take GA's statement about not putting the duct tape on the can at face value. GA wasn't allowing that. Good for him.

JMO
Thank you so much for bringing this up. I'm watching George's testimony now and cannot believe how long the gas can talk went on. My g-d, what is wrong with Baez?!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveyJ
Back