Is this case on your "local" news?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm in South Florida and basically NG is where I see it. Not much on local news except big developments. When I mention the case at work, a few have heard of it, but are not following it.

I'm in Sacramento, CA and I don't see much on the local news lately but then I turn right to NG for the latest info. Everybody in my area knows who Caylee and the A-team are. It's discussed in line at Walmart, at the bank, etc...

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenneger's order to cut state workers pay by 10% is the hot topic these days. I'm a state worker and I am enjoying my first (involuntary) unpaid day off by catching up here on WS.

So for much of the US it is a bit piece of news if any at all, yet the lawyers are under some illusion that this trial is going to be a global event. Why? It seems as if it is just a cable/internet story. Maybe the defense team needs to get away from Orlando for awhile and get some perspective. They are not special, nor is their client.

No local coverage here either pattymarie. We had one report when Caylee was found but it was only for a few seconds.

BTW, My Mom and Dad and Brother live in KY. They all say they've heard something about the case but have not followed any details nor do they want to follow.

My oldest daughter says she heard bits and pieces up in OH, but neither she or her friends watch coverage.

I think you might be right, in that this case is a cable news and internet sensation but for the most part from what I can tell...the majority of people know about it, they just don't know a lot of details and really aren't that curious about it.

If I happen to mention it everyone gets that glazed over look and says "what?". Nobody I know but me and now my daughter because of me is following this case. They are SOO overstating in their comparisons, its ridiculous.

well seeing as I live 20 min from the Anthony's ... yes! All day every day. I have seen Caylee missing posters out and about while shopping/dining. I drive past Cast Iron tattoos regularly, and now the funeral home. Both are right near my pediatrician.

Same here in Birmingham. We may have a short blurb on the local news when a BOMBSHELL breaks, but the main source is from national cable news. My friends and family are very aware and follow the case on cable, but not on WS. They would say I am obsessed if they knew how much time I actually spend here (and they would be correct!). The D-Team thinks very highly of themselves in global terms and likes the spotlight, to say the very least. Defense attorneys are not my favorite people but somebody has to represent the accused. They are delusional in thinking that Casey is thought of as The Fugitive or Bin Laden!

I live here in Orlando as well! As some have said, it is on every local newscast. I see the news trucks every day when I come in and out of work. I even saw Natisha Lance (sp) last week....LOL

Little to no reporting here in central Texas by the local news.

Probably because Texas has so many murders & trials going on that there's just not time for out of state tragedies.

I have to keep up with it via NG & reading online. I'm so glad there's a WS so I don't feel so all alone. :blowkiss:

I am in Northern Alabama and it will also be on our local news when things happen in the case. I am surprised to hear that it isn't carried in other states.

I am in NY and the only way to hear about the case is to watch NG. It's never on any local channels. My mother never even heard about it until I told her a week ago.

Nothing is on my local news. Now and then a HIGHLIGHT minute segment on if something BIG happens on KDKA, WTAE. I get all my updates on computer, NG,
JVM, WS. My little town would be a great change of venue...........I say things about the case and people say "what are you talking about?'

In Palm Beach County (about 2 hrs from Orlando) the last coverage I saw was when GA went missing/attempted suicide. Before that it was when he had been in the area for a KFN benefit....basically - nope - no real coverage on Local news.

Not in N.C. - unless you watch Nancy Grace, Headline News or Geraldo, you wouldn't know what's going on.

On the day that Caylee's remains were found and I saw the headline on cnn.com, I announced it to the people I work with and their response was WHO???

NW Arkansas:

I can't remember hearing anything about the case locally. The only person I know of who is even aware of it really is my brother. He, like me, is concerned with parental behavior - child welfare issues. I'm not sure if he follows any of it himself directly, but he is always interested when I update him.

I'm surprised I don't hear more about it from others, though, as I am a Social Work major and you'd think other Social Work majors would be bringing it up, but I've heard nothing from them.

Yeah...not too much about it here in Idaho. In fact, most people have absolutely no clue what I am talking about when I mention it.

I live southwest of Orlando about 2.5 hours and we have very little local coverage. Maybe a 30 second snip if something big happens otherwise no coverage.

Reporting in from Texas! Any mom I mention this case to, knows it!

No coverage up here where "where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average."

Not sure if anyone from Chicago has posted, but there isn't any coverage here. We have enough crime to go around, plus Blago, Mayor Daley, Obama, etc. Bring the trial here, it'll be fair. :p

I live in the NW panhandle of Florida in Pensacola. They hardly report any news on this case here locally unless something big happens. I get my news from this board and CNN, and I rarely run across people who know much, if anything, about this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back