ISAAC - Information and Support for Gulf Coast Residents

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LOL Nervous cleaning. I did that Sunday and last night, and I'm washing a last load of sheets right now. Gotta have the house spic and span when it blows away, right?? :D

Isaac is finally a hurricane. Just announced on TV.

I have never had the nervous cleaning bug infect me, except when I was in the nesting phase pending the birth of my boys. If anyone feels the need to clean, you are welcome to come visit anytime :)

sun playing peek-a-boo and nice breeze so far. really more worried about losing electricity. our rural power co-op is pretty good about getting everybody back on-line asap, so crossing fingers.

one of my uncles was expecting friends to come from new orleans, but the husband works for the bus company and the wife is military, so they are needed there.

is2.jpg

Hey y'all.

I'm just north of Baton Rouge.

I'm outside drinking a cup of coffee and it's a little windy. Not much yet.
Calm before the storm.

I'm thinking of everyone and praying for yalls safety.

Bessie, my thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone in your great city. 7 years to the day,can you believe that???

Eerie, huh? Late August is the height of hurricane season, but still. To have one come through New Orleans on the same exact date just seven years later beats slim odds, I would think.

Oh good Bessie. I had already moved when Katrina hit but my old house was on Canal Blvd. in Lakeview and it was under water. Broke my heart. Glad you are in a higher area.

I'm in Lake Charles and even here they are predicting 30 to 60 mph wind gusts and tropical storms. I think y'all will be fine.....just hate no power!
I lived most of my life on that side of town, mysterygirl, until 2003. My siblings and their families, and many friends still lived in neighborhoods near the lake in 2005. So I understand why it was heartbreaking for you even though you'd moved away. It's still a painful memory.

I bet you will feel effects of Isaac since the track puts him more west now. Hope you don't lose power. I can handle it until it gets hot. Blech!

It's getting pretty gusty here now, but the sun keeps breaking through the clouds.

Harrison County, MS has ordered mandatory evacuation for low-lying areas #Isaac

Winds have been gusting consistently over 30 mph along the Gulf Coast. Recent gust at New Orleans Lakefront airport hit 46 mph. #Isaac

Surge at Bay St. Louis, MS via @hurricanetrack pic.twitter.com/kNvFOxOu

Jim Cantore@JimCantore
Southwest pass, LA sustained wind 61 mph gust to 68 mph. #Isaac

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hurricanes/isaac-coverage-updates-20120822

These people are crazy, but it's kept me watching for the last hour. Gulf coast folks, stay safe!

They've got a lot of experience and knowledge. Hubby and I will chase storms but not hurricanes. Crossing a road with water breaking waves over it is not for me!

I too like the link LeiLei...I can be a hurricanes chaser sitting in my comfy chair far from danger.

Here's a very good outage map of La. Will give you a good idea of how bad this will get as it starts to light up.
You will have to zoom out a tad to see the whole area. The very bottom of La is already starting to lose some power. Don't know if that's b/c of the storm

http://viewoutage.entergy.com/la.aspx

Just to quote my own Link.....notice that the very bottom corner of la ( where the storm will hit first) they are losing electricity. It been moving straight up the line.

Just to quote my own Link.....notice that the very bottom corner of la ( where the storm will hit first) they are losing electricity. It been moving straight up the line.

Great link also...never saw anything like it before. Guess it's just for Louisiana, I want one for my state.

Wish we could have a thread with one post that contains all the great links. Threads will get long and I hate to lose the links. Bookmarking them meanwhile.

I'm already worn out, helping hubby remodel some things at home and all I want to do now is watch my internet with links, weather channel and eat some lunch. Want a beer with lunch but will have water as we are not quite done yet....thought I am physically finished....my aching back, arms and knees!

Isn't this a little early to lose power? I've been thru many hurricanes and we usually lose power well into the storm. I hope this is not going to be a really bad one!

Isn't this a little early to lose power? I've been thru many hurricanes and we usually lose power well into the storm. I hope this is not going to be a really bad one!

That's what I thought but it was reported that the southern tip was getting gust of 65 mph. BUT if you follow the key on the map....it says that they are lines that are off. So, does that mean the electric company cut the lines off?

Stay safe all you gulf coast people. I pray improvements hold out in NOLA. I have wanted to visit my whole life and I'm scheduled to leave 3 weeks from tomorrow. Thinking of you all.

That's what I thought but it was reported that the southern tip was getting gust of 65 mph. BUT if you follow the key on the map....it says that they are lines that are off.So, does that mean the electric company cut the lines off?
I'm not sure. The storm's approaching the mouth of the river where you see those red lines. All those towns are under a mandatory evacuation order. I imagine it's getting pretty dicey down there, now. The wind has really picked up here in NOLA.

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2012/08/hurricane_issac_moving_toward.html

Stay safe all you gulf coast people. I pray improvements hold out in NOLA. I have wanted to visit my whole life and I'm scheduled to leave 3 weeks from tomorrow. Thinking of you all.
We'll have the city all cleaned up for you by then. :) Hope you have a great time.

18fa4b50-1e73-bb01.jpg

Here we go.
About to get our first of it.

Getting windy and cloudy.

www.weather.com

That's what I thought but it was reported that the southern tip was getting gust of 65 mph. BUT if you follow the key on the map....it says that they are lines that are off. So, does that mean the electric company cut the lines off?

As Isaac neared shore power outages began to mount. Shortly before 2 p.m. an Entergy Corp. tracking site reported 3,500 customers without power in lower Plaquemines Parish, with another 700 or so without electricity in eastern New Orleans.

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index...es_hurricane_streng.html#incart_river_default

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back